PDA

View Full Version : Slicer Question

BioWarrior
May 31, 2008, 12:10 PM
Now that the chikki PA has been nerfed since the start of mag would you say the PA frag one is better to use? I could never get into chikki much and Im thinkin of startin an AcroFighter.

joefro
May 31, 2008, 12:20 PM
Yes, the ultimate slicer PA works just as well, if not better than chikki, imo.

LTrav2k
May 31, 2008, 12:45 PM
Both of the slicer PAs still have their uses. Even with Chikki being toned down, it deals good damage throughout the entire PA. The width of the large energy sword still cuts through a wide swath of mobs.

Choutou has a place for dealing solid damage when there are less enemies to target, or if there is a dangerous one you need to put away quickly. The second part hurts a lot, but with the angle that the slicer is thrown at you rarely hit as many monsters at one time like you would have with Chikki. The most I've really hit with the second part of Choutou at one time is three, and they were really bottlenecked for that to happen.

Chikki = 200% hits lots of monsters, 240% hits lots of monsters twice

Choutou = 130% hits lots of monsters (possibly twice if you catch them in the crossfire), 430% hits much fewer targets.

ashley50
May 31, 2008, 12:58 PM
Its all about your preference...

Dragwind
May 31, 2008, 03:45 PM
LTrav2k basically broke it down for you.

Chikki is good for piercing multiple enemies that are grouped up. The more enemies you pierce, the more damage you're essentially doing. Chikki is still good considering that after the nerf, its just not as useful against 3-4 enemies for instance.

Choutou's range and width is much different, so its not as good for piercing large groups of enemies, but better for lesser amount of enemies. The second part of the combo also hits about 2-3 targets for a big number. Good for cleanup kills.

Realmz
May 31, 2008, 04:42 PM
i use both with my slicers, at the start of a room, chiiki will take a nice chunk out of the mobs health, then when the fight starts to finish up, Choutou makes it all the quicker.

i prefer choutou cause i look so much more awesome doing it