PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer, one mega character or four moderate characters

Stryker Diaz
May 31, 2008, 07:01 PM
I cant decide to do what my friedns are doing and making four moderate characters for fun, but I just want one Character that maxes out all the Techer classes and maxes out the technics, Skills, and Bullets not to mention my mag having to grow again. So really whats the best way to go? tons of characters or one mega character?

Kylie
May 31, 2008, 07:03 PM
I prefer having one main and not multiple; it seems easier to manage your photon arts and such that way. I do have alts, but they're more so there in case I have a lower level friend that wants to do something.

GaNksTa
May 31, 2008, 07:12 PM
4 Mega characters! Though, personally I would get one character to 130/20, then afterwards make more.

Right now I have a:
130/20
101/19
92/17

The fourth charcter slot is being used by a friend; letting him try out PSU until he gets his 360 (On June 23rd; same B-day as Sonic LoL), then a copy of PSU from me. Though after I transfer all the gear he has acquired I might make another... I'm not sure.. so yeah, start off with one 130/20, then build up more.

ashley50
May 31, 2008, 07:15 PM
4 Max characters with Different jobs...kinda.

Mikura
May 31, 2008, 07:16 PM
Just worry about maxing one character for now, then work on others if you feel like it. You don't want to overwhelm yourself working on maxing 4 characters at the same time. No need to make a simple game more complicated than it should be.

PALRAPPYS
May 31, 2008, 07:20 PM
4 different characters. I try to buff em out as much as I can though.

I am considering starting a 4th character soon. Although I have 4 right now, I don't use my CAST. Maybe it's just that I don't like Fighgunner much... but still.

Shinko
May 31, 2008, 07:25 PM
Well i like to have 1 main character.... and others just if i feel like playing with other races.

but yea i like to have that 1 main and max all classes out and photon arts i like. Now i need to decide what character i want to do it with heh..... I start over often so all my character are mostly around the same lvl.

Niloklives
May 31, 2008, 07:27 PM
psssh...you're going about this all wrong. I have 4 mega characters.

THAT'S how its done

Shiro_Ryuu
May 31, 2008, 07:33 PM
Same here, I have like 3 mega characters. Well, 2 of them weren't so mega before MA:G, but yeah.

WildArms2
May 31, 2008, 07:36 PM
like its been said work on one first then slowly start another dont try and do alll 4 at the same time. Really your only going to want MAX of 3 mega characters 1 cast 1 beast and since you like magic one newman. Just because you get the character to the max level cap and class level doesnt make him mega you need great gear and PAs and for forces that can be really hard and expensive. Once you gotten most of your skills to 40/30 and gotten a psycho wand 10/10 or pushan 10/10 then your on your way to being MEGA

Dragwind
May 31, 2008, 07:38 PM
LOL 4 MEGA CHARACTERS FTW.

J/k.

Nah. I mean, I have 4, but I hardly use them all. I just focus on what I consider to be my two mains. I use the other two for damage tests, situations that I might need them, etc.

As far as focus, I prefer focusing on one main character in this game. If you have the time I suppose, focus on more.

SonicTMP
May 31, 2008, 08:11 PM
1 mega character. I plan out on maxing everything possible on my guy eventually. I've never been much of an alt person on any game.

furrypaws
May 31, 2008, 08:18 PM
Eh...I have two mains. A beast, for everything offense, and my human, if I feel in the mood for range or techs. Although, I'm thinking of just transferring all the techs over from my human to my beast and making him a wartecher like I've wanted to since the beginning once wartechers get 30 support (which is the main reason I actually switched off of him). Right now, he's a fortefighter, and while I like the damage (and axes), I think I like wartecher better.

So, I guess it depends. I guess one, or if you want two, the most logical would be CAST (hunter and ranger capabilities) and newman (force capabillities).

Really though, all characters can do jobs half decently enough to be any class...with the exception of CAST techer.

Broodstar1337
May 31, 2008, 08:35 PM
I have 5 mega characters.

yea boi

Cracka_J
May 31, 2008, 08:45 PM
4 mega. I enjoy playing all aspects of the game, at the highest level I possibly can.

Fanin
May 31, 2008, 08:50 PM
I like to have at least one mega character to take on S/S2 missions. And have alts to play a different race or job.

Seority
May 31, 2008, 09:19 PM
Getting "max" chars on this game isn't that difficult anymore. I'd say, as a new person to this game to experiment with different races and classes and see which one you enjoy playing most, since that's the best you can get from any game.

Niloklives
May 31, 2008, 09:43 PM
I have 4 lvl 130s allmost all relevant classes capped and all relevent PAs at their final growth lvl with a lot of S rank equipment and am constantly looking to9 make them even better. my 4th slot I keep dleting my characters there so they never get far enough to say anything good about them.

I think i finally settled on my female newman though...so wit that in mind, I'll soon have a 4th "mega" character. 5-6 of her techs are alreasy 31 or better. working on the others.

DjDragoon
May 31, 2008, 09:49 PM
Only have time to pour into 1 character... Maybe once I get outta college, but oh wait! I'll have to deal with my job then... -___-

stukasa
May 31, 2008, 10:06 PM
Although I call my first character my main, I really play all 3 of my characters equally. It's just more fun that way. I have one techer, one gunner and one fighter. I don't have to swap PAs either, since each character only plays 1-2 classes max.

Chuck_Norris
May 31, 2008, 10:51 PM
I say make one high level character, then once that's capped, start on new ones. The higher one can hunt and synth better gear for the lower ones.

Xefi
May 31, 2008, 11:01 PM
4? I have 7 characters to manage, but then again, I only play with 3 of them and the rest are for my little brother and Cz (if she ever play). We haven't play lately and are getting bore of the game. Moving on to better things that doesnt consist of PSU for now. :)

pikachief
May 31, 2008, 11:03 PM
I like 4 super characters!

well at least I try, its very hard to give all 4 characters really good weapons and PAs >.<

I do try to keep my Cast and Techer Top-Notch on equipment and PAs though!

Kitty I dont care about. She has bad weapons and bad PAs lol

And my GT, i just use PAs from my FG lol.

So yea, my techer and my Gunner are my 2 hardest-worked on Characters, my "super characters" Kitty is worthless when it comesa to runs and my GT is like a lvl 10 but i haxed the number 90 into her lvl lol

EDIT: Dum multi-tasking threw me off on my main point!

I like to have multiple characters because i get bored of just 1 or 2 most of the time.

Stryker Diaz
May 31, 2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks for all of your opinions ^^ I think im going to just completely make a Super Newman with atleast one S rank weapon in everything so I can just switch to whatever class I want at any time and use any weapons, in PSO I always chose forces cause I love support and well in this game it makes me happier cause I can be a support and use guns now unlike in PSO where the only Rifle I could use was the Holy Ray which was awesome xD but still I might just go with one MEGA character meaning completely maxed out everything and when I say everything I mean absolutely everything, its a huge task that will be extremely difficult but Ive loved Phantasy star since I played the GC version way back when, ive had a lvl 200 Fomar on that one ^^; but ya I think ive decided on conquering every class in the game with my Trusty newman, I have nothing against any race btw I think they are all unique and worthy of doing anything its just I always figured that Newman would be more challenging since they dont have SUV or Nanoblast to back them up if they attempt to be a Melee type character. But yes thanks for all the opinions I didnt expect to get this many posts within the time I had posted this thread. OH! btw if you ever want to party up with me im the Tiny Newman Named Stryker thats has White hair and a hakama, I usually am at Dallgun View so if you ever see me give me a shout out! ^^ im trying to Conquer this game in every aspect xD so expect maxed out hours on this guy!

ashley50
May 31, 2008, 11:33 PM
wall of text ;l...

Sayna
May 31, 2008, 11:37 PM
I like having a high-level character, but it's fun to play around with low and medium levels for a change of pace.

TakNatali
May 31, 2008, 11:51 PM
You guys are so serious about PSU, its a game. Enjoy it, play different job/races, make alts, don't focus on it like its your day job or it'll burn you out uberfast. =)

Stryker Diaz
May 31, 2008, 11:53 PM
I dont burn out on PSU since levling up and getting stuff is what my fun is ^^ I do burn out on accomplishing nothing at times D: its depressing xD when you play a ton and nothing gets done

pikachief
Jun 1, 2008, 12:02 AM
I dont burn out on PSU since levling up and getting stuff is what my fun is ^^ I do burn out on accomplishing nothing at times D: its depressing xD when you play a ton and nothing gets done

or when u hunt serafi senba or another very hard to get armor, then u either hunt or spend all your hard earned cash to get all the materials and it breaks :D

Its happened to me 3 times now :(

Sega Refuses to give me a Dark armor >.>

Stryker Diaz
Jun 1, 2008, 12:04 AM
I know what you mean, I almost cried when my favorite pair of Twin handguns broke three times in one day when grinding when I used damn A+9 Grinders when they were only lvl 2 >> but ya thats insane... oh on the synthesis thing.... find a friend that has perfect armor Mag xD... *sigh*.... my beautiful nostalgic twin ruby bullets T_T

Primus30
Jun 1, 2008, 12:07 AM
I'm not saying this is right, but I prefer concentrating on just one character. But of course I'd also want to start another once there's nothing more to complete on my first one.

amtalx
Jun 1, 2008, 01:36 AM
One. Because I would rather be good at one thing than suck at 4 things.

mvffin
Jun 1, 2008, 02:24 AM
I can't stand to play the same character for too long. Mag almost killed me.

autumn
Jun 1, 2008, 03:34 AM
I have 4 characters most reasonably leveled so I can do S and S2 runs with them. I find it gives me some variety to the game to spam for my p-wand (again... 99% to make=fail) with different characters. It also gives me a better chance at luck for what that is worth (5 days spamming for wand with NO drops worth speaking about on 3* luck...)

The downside is there aren't many items I won't use on one or the other of my characters, so it limits selling [B] and made items. When you have more then one fighter-like character it isn't hard to get PAs high in level, and my FT is my main so I have a few Lv 40 techs waiting to go higher.

Might be just me though, I love me so variety.

Demon-
Jun 1, 2008, 04:22 AM
Always have used 4 mega characters.

norrisj15
Jun 1, 2008, 10:48 AM
I enjoy 4 megaultrasuperfantastic characters. I never have to worry about getting luck, because I have 4 shots at it. Also I can dedicate a class to each character, so say I want to go techer I'll jump on the newman. The main reason is though that I hate getting full exp. I can't stand to waste good exp and mp.

Ryna
Jun 1, 2008, 11:04 AM
I'd prefer to level multiple characters, but I only have enough free time to level the Photon Arts for one main character.

Mio
Jun 1, 2008, 11:17 AM
I prefer to focus only on my main character

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 1, 2008, 11:30 AM
Mainly one, but I kinda have two. Third slot is a character just to have fun with at the events. Fourth slot is a joke/whatever slot, like if a certain race/sex has 3-star that day I'll make it.

I'm just bass-ackwards, but my "mega" is a newman F with 20 in everything but teching jobs, currently fortegunner while writing this. There's just something nice about focusing mainly on one character. And yeah, managing photon arts is much easier this way.

valleycat
Jun 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
I have a main character and 3 sub character
Gemini Elf --Lv 130 -- FT 20-- AT 16 -- WT 11 -- GT 5
Cyber Phoenix -- Lv 114 -- FG 16 -- GT 8
Lycan -- Lv 84 -- FG 10 -- AF 10 -- FF 8
Death Raine -- Lv 77 -- Pro 14

I switch depending in my mood

Lamak
Jun 1, 2008, 04:06 PM
3 Mega Characters
1 Shop/Storage Character

Stryker Diaz
Jun 1, 2008, 05:23 PM
all good points but one thing is bothering me, where do I check for my luck? I know its there and how it works but I dont know where to actually check the damn thing that way i dont go looking for Blackbull and Rikauteri on a bad day

Shishi-O
Jun 2, 2008, 06:50 AM
I cant decide to do what my friedns are doing and making four moderate characters for fun, but I just want one Character that maxes out all the Techer classes and maxes out the technics, Skills, and Bullets not to mention my mag having to grow again. So really whats the best way to go? tons of characters or one mega character?

I got 4 maxed charachters, everything max, ...i only play events now

-Chilly
Jun 2, 2008, 06:58 AM
1 main is boring, seriously its so annoying using the same character day in day out.]

4 moderate characters gives you time to use different races, genders, weapons, jobs. Yeh You wont be the power house that flattens everything before people can get any exp, but why would you want to be over powered in this game unless your soloing the full thing?

Playing the game with everything capped isnt very fun, every drop of experience not gained due to a cap could have gone to an alt.

soolayah
Jun 2, 2008, 07:37 AM
I'd prefer 4 moderate characters over one mega.
Although I do have a main I switch over to my alt as soon as I cap her (which I'm putting off; she's 129 xD). Losing out on exp would make me sad. Besides, it's fun to try out weps and jobs you don't normally use since I prefer keeping a job per charcter.

superlak
Jun 2, 2008, 07:55 AM
one mega will do me i think its not mega till its packing all 50% 10/10 items

Kizeragi
Jun 2, 2008, 08:16 AM
*points to sig*

I actully prefer using lower lvls tbh, more fun.
Main is for more "serious" things, like hunting.

Syonu
Jun 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
I just have on ultimate CAST character. I don't believe in alts. to be honest.

r00tabaga
Jun 2, 2008, 12:08 PM
I have four moderate characters! -hehehe ...in hopes of having at LEAST one mega to brag about later. I've only really been playing since March though. :)

Arika
Jun 2, 2008, 12:12 PM
Well, what is the point to having 4 moderate character?
just 1 moderate char is enough,
if go for 4, then go for different max.

haruna
Jun 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
3 fairly stereotypical mains that I toggle between. Newearl techer, Beast beater upper of stuff, Caseal bullet mistress. Although lately I've switched the Beast and the Caseal as far as striking and ranged styles go due to the oh so superfluous mission points.

MAG quickly capped 2 characters and raised a 3rd from 8 to like, 40(and I only played her for about 3-4 days.)

R2D6battlebot
Jun 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
I prefer my 4 mega characters.

panzer_unit
Jun 2, 2008, 12:55 PM
I had alts for a while but the whole skill-disc swapping thing makes it much more convenient to have one main and do all jobs on that, since you can mix-and-match skills for those hybrid job transitions.

Darklighter
Jun 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
I pretty much use all my chars the same. I just switch off every couple of days. I never could stick to one character for very long.