PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Strike vs Gravity Strike

Alia
May 31, 2008, 08:39 PM
I play ForteFighter. to accompany my gun, I usually take with me a saber. I've noticed that the majority of the population seems to use Spinning Strike. Now, I've always been content with Gravity Strike, but is Spinning Strike significantly better? I'm just wonding since I don't see many people wit Gravity Strike...

Discuss, advise, etc!

Crocky
May 31, 2008, 08:44 PM
My friend has gravity strike to 40 and he does 1700 x 7 and its pretty fast while spinning strike is pretty slow and takes alot longer to level and it also only hits 3 or 4 times so i advise you to stick with gravity strike

Shinko
May 31, 2008, 08:51 PM
well Spinning Strike is a hella a lot stronger than the others but it only hits one target but if ur fine with that then go for it.

but i like hitting more than 1 target so i'm not too fond of it

Zorafim
May 31, 2008, 09:01 PM
Rising Strike.

_K1_
May 31, 2008, 10:06 PM
Gravity strike is better. Period. Spinning strike has a nice hit at the end, but is too slow and too easily blocked to make it worthwhile for non Acro- classes.

For an FF, stick with Gravity Strike for damage, and Rising for the knockback.

stukasa
May 31, 2008, 10:18 PM
Zorafim's right, Rising Strike is the most useful of the three. They're all good PAs but Gravity and Spinning can easily be replaced with other moves. If you want a good one-on-one PA, stick with Bogga Robado (Knuckles) or Renzan Seidan-ga (Twin Claws).

...Of course, if you've already leveled your other PAs and are just looking for something new, Spinning Strike is fun and gives you big numbers. :p

Xaeris
May 31, 2008, 10:28 PM
They both have completely different purposes; you shouldn't be picking between one or the other just because they belong to the same weapon type. Spinning Strike is kinda "eh" for a fortefighter though. I wouldn't feel stressed to get it.

McLaughlin
May 31, 2008, 10:41 PM
Shouldn't be hard to get a Crimson with a decent %. Mine's 42% (5/10), and with Spinning Strike at 21 (and Shifta), I hit 2500, 2500, 4200, 4200 (Cast Fighgunner). I'm just not a fan of Gravity Strike, but it serves a purpose as well.

CelestialBlade
May 31, 2008, 11:03 PM
Spinning for single targets, Gravity for groups. Simple as that.

AlphaDragoon
May 31, 2008, 11:42 PM
Exactly.

Gravity Strike is better for mobs (although in most cases I prefer Rising Strike), Spinning Strike is good for single-target enemies.

IsoDonk
Jun 1, 2008, 04:41 AM
I would probably say have Rising Strike and Spinning Strike - Rising Strike is a fantastic all-purpose PA and Spinning Strike is a decent one-target damager, though as people have said - it's a bit slow at times, and it certainly takes a while to level.

That said - if you like using Assault Crush or Gravity Break then you probably don't need yet another single-target PA.

Spinning Strike is great for Protransers though, I find.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 1, 2008, 04:44 AM
Gravity strike is the one I fell in love with. stick with that one. it is much faster, and the power is decent to run with.

Weeaboolits
Jun 1, 2008, 03:57 PM
Spinning strike is pretty slow and only hits one target, I tend to use rising strike as my damage PA, it works very well on big enemies.

Lamak
Jun 1, 2008, 04:04 PM
It's kind of hard to compare the two, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Spinning Strike. Gravity Strike burns too much PP.

Sekani
Jun 1, 2008, 05:49 PM
Rising Strike > Spinning Strike >>>> Gravity Strike

Not so much that Gravity Strike sucks, but I can't think of any situation where I'd use it over one of the single dagger PAs.

Libram
Jun 1, 2008, 05:52 PM
Gravity Strike with a Frying Pan comes to mind.

Alia
Jun 1, 2008, 06:21 PM
Interesting. I didn't know that spinning only hits one target. That's kind of a turn-off for me personally.....

Libram
Jun 2, 2008, 12:25 AM
Thing is Spinning may be a little slower, but it's the quickest way to give a powerful hit while knocking an enemy to the floor. It's also the quickest way to safely deal some impressive damage to a Bil de Vear.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 2, 2008, 12:37 AM
In my opinion, you have a whole arsenal of weapons to use against mobs, so you might as well go with the single-target Spinning Strike. But Rising Strike can be very good as well.

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 2, 2008, 12:40 AM
I like both, but I like Spinning Strike the most for sabers at the moment. It's what I use for single target enemies not in a group. I mostly play Acrofighter though, so I have less of a speed issue to deal with. I have my daggers for multiple target enemies. However, I just started using Gravity Strike again just to level it and am starting to like it more than I used to.

Dein
Jun 2, 2008, 12:44 AM
Like everyone has said the two PAs are for very different uses. You'll get a headache trying to use Spinning strike in a group of enemies but it can't be beat if you're up against a strong enemy with only one target. Honestly, all the saber PAs aren't that far apart from each other so just stick with what you like or what will help you the most.

Xefi
Jun 2, 2008, 01:24 AM
i use all 3 saber PA skills; you can't really go wrong with using all 3 of them. You'll get bore really quick by just using only one saber skill.
Level all 3 of them, and i promise that you won't regret it.

ThaiSoup
Jun 2, 2008, 02:13 AM
If you're fF, I'd ditch spinning break and pick up a sword and gravity break. Its a bit off topic since its about saber PA's, just my opinion.