PDA

View Full Version : So I was playing some PSO

Weeaboolits
Jun 1, 2008, 12:38 AM
FOmarl is even better online than off. :)

*spams support techs and kills things with a saber*

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2008, 01:16 AM
I feel the same about FOmar. Except I feel bad since I can't really buff since Lvl 3 S/D never wants to be sold in stores. Well I got lvl 3 shifta but I'm also always broke ;(

Mixfortune
Jun 1, 2008, 05:44 AM
Gifoie centric FOmar/FOnewm is just about the fastest offline leveler...
I'm always a fan of sticking my hit Rainbow Baton on every character though.

Nai_Calus
Jun 1, 2008, 06:31 AM
FOmar > Everything.

Sayara
Jun 1, 2008, 09:20 AM
Nai, your comment would of made an impact on me, but whoops! your ATA is too low.

TalHex
Jun 1, 2008, 09:56 AM
i like the photon disks in PSU better but i like the attack system of PSO better (down with the button mashing!)

Sord
Jun 1, 2008, 10:09 AM
i like the photon disks in PSU better but i like the attack system of PSO better (down with the button mashing!)

they are both button mashing

TalHex
Jun 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
PSO not so much... atleast in PSO you have to attempt to try and time your attacks... PSU just mash like crazy!

Sord
Jun 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
PSO not so much... atleast in PSO you have to attempt to try and time your attacks... PSU just mash like crazy!

If you time your attacks in PSU you do more damage, also, the timing is diffrent between attacks (unlikes PSO same exact timeing) as well as vastly diffrent between certain weapons. You can button mash, but if you want to do more damage, you don't. And honestly, PSO IS button mashing, just at same time intervals.

Nai_Calus
Jun 1, 2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, but it's still PSU.

Sayara: I have Red Ring on. :3

Sayara
Jun 1, 2008, 10:44 AM
;o!!!

also Nai, i know you know that dude Ian right? Could you tell him i thank him for brain washing me into a Support whore in PSO with both a Foney and a Ramarl :wacko:

Nai_Calus
Jun 1, 2008, 11:06 AM
Sure, I'll let him know.

Mixfortune
Jun 2, 2008, 03:36 AM
Button mashing and timing are pretty much opposites last I checked.
Unless you're Gifoie, you have to act least have some sort of direction and mashing buttons won't get you past the first hit of any combo I know of.

Yeah, PSO isn't the epitome of strategy and tactics, just like PSU isn't... but there's certainly better terms than button mashing, especially if I were to be describing it to someone else.

Nai_Calus
Jun 2, 2008, 04:05 AM
Yeah when I think button mashing I think that stupid minigame in Gallon's Shop I suck at. >_>;

Sord
Jun 2, 2008, 04:19 AM
Button mashing and timing are pretty much opposites last I checked.
Unless you're Gifoie, you have to act least have some sort of direction and mashing buttons won't get you past the first hit of any combo I know of.

Yeah, PSO isn't the epitome of strategy and tactics, just like PSU isn't... but there's certainly better terms than button mashing, especially if I were to be describing it to someone else.

when I spend half the time mind numbingly pushing the same button in over and over, that's close enough to button mashing for me, even if not in the traditional sense. My point is, it is still mindless.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 2, 2008, 04:44 AM
Then press a heavy attack, lay a trap, SOMETHING MAN.

Sord
Jun 2, 2008, 05:01 AM
Then press a heavy attack, lay a trap, SOMETHING MAN.

yeah, remember the word half

TalHex
Jun 2, 2008, 06:41 AM
i actually like the traps in PSU better, i don't know, sort of reminds me of the way Snake fights in brawl

amtalx
Jun 2, 2008, 11:05 AM
If you are a ranger or a techer. Its always button mashing. Odd that the brutes would get the "finese" aspect added to their attacks. :disapprove:

Nai_Calus
Jun 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
And guns in PSU don't even have specials, so it's ALWAYS the same fucking button.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Man fuck PSU.

Of course I also haven't played PSO either in several days.

I dunno.

Sayara
Jun 2, 2008, 11:59 AM
haah you forget how useless you are in PSO when you cannot use anti level 1 >_>;;

amtalx
Jun 2, 2008, 12:01 PM
Poppycock. RAcast FTW.

Nai_Calus
Jun 2, 2008, 01:28 PM
Anti is useless anyway because people spam Antipara/Sol/Freeze break too fast anyway.

Mixfortune
Jun 3, 2008, 05:27 AM
haah you forget how useless you are in PSO when you cannot use anti level 1 >_>;;

I love Resta level 2 in a multiplayer run. Hey I can target others but it still doesn't heal them!
At least level 1 doesn't throw me off as much because it just doesn't even bother targeting.

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 11:23 AM
damn i use to have a duped Sato on an offline force once (200 mind) it was fucking hilarious, i could use like lvl 25 rafoie at lvl 1