PDA

View Full Version : Nanopolymer

Sekani
Jun 1, 2008, 09:30 AM
Did the drop rate get nerfed while I wasn't looking?

Been doing Sleeping Warriors runs for both polymers and Relic Edges; so far I've found three Edges and ZERO Nanopolymer.

I've also tried branching out a bit; Egg Thieves got the party a total of one piece in four runs. Dual Sentinel and Lightning Beasts have given up nothing.

I don't remember Nanopolymers being this difficult to come across before; do I just have abnormally shitty luck or did something happen here?

Hrith
Jun 1, 2008, 09:59 AM
usuk (just bad luck, really, the rubble in LB give me some same as usual).

Adriano
Jun 1, 2008, 10:03 AM
hey a friend and I duo the first part of Egg thieves where the boxes are and then quit after we check North, east, south and west, we got ten in 20 minutes.
And what lvl luck are you hunting them on? :/

GreenArcher
Jun 1, 2008, 11:16 AM
Luck only affects the DAR (Drop anything rate)

Boxes that drop nano- materials will ALWAYS drop some nano- material (same for the other kinds). Luck will not help you here.

Kumlekar
Jun 1, 2008, 02:29 PM
Luck only affects the DAR (Drop anything rate)

Boxes that drop nano- materials will ALWAYS drop some nano- material (same for the other kinds). Luck will not help you here.

Thats true, but luck yesterday was abysmal for everyone. If nothings dropping finding plymers would be harder.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 2, 2008, 12:33 AM
hey a friend and I duo the first part of Egg thieves where the boxes are and then quit after we check North, east, south and west, we got ten in 20 minutes.
I tried this with a friend once. We both had like 5 polymers in under an hour, and like around 20 resins each too. Oh, and several Delette Line boards.

LTrav2k
Jun 2, 2008, 07:25 AM
I was hunting nanopolymers in Egg Thieves yesterday, and we ended up with about 12 in two hours... along with a few frags and a De Ragun Slayic.

I'd just come from having very little success in Sleeping Warriors so I know how ya feel.

I don't think the rate's been nerfed at all, and I can't see why nanopolymers cost so much unless the supply is still that horrible in comparison to the number of the boards found (which is possible with how bad I'm getting Stormline'd in Sleeping Warriors).

BlueFire2k5
Jun 2, 2008, 07:30 AM
Well, considering that all the 10 star+ boards require 20 or more *polymer, I can see the price. I've found quite a few S rank armor boards, but still haven't been that lucky on finding the nanopolymer to make them.

Sekani
Jun 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
Tried duoing Egg Thieves with a friend, wound up with 12 polymers in about an hour, not too bad. Thanks for the tip.

I don't think the rate's been nerfed at all, and I can't see why nanopolymers cost so much unless the supply is still that horrible in comparison to the number of the boards found (which is possible with how bad I'm getting Stormline'd in Sleeping Warriors).

Shinowa Lines use 30 Nanopolymers a piece. I found six boards during the event. Doesn't take a genius to figure out why they're so ridiculously expensive now. Also, a major factor is that Egg Thieves is not soloable, so there are exponentially fewer people hunting there.

panzer_unit
Jun 2, 2008, 11:15 AM
That... and if you talk about getting the materials from the boxes in Egg Thieves people act like you're talking chinese. It's like EVERY SECOND COUNTS for that S rank, or like your mission rank matters at all lol.

12 polymers to go for my 3rd Shinowa Line.

stukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 03:16 PM
Wow, looks like I'm not the only person farming Nanopolymers around here. :p I totally gave up on Sleeping Warriors, I didn't find a single one in about a dozen runs. Egg Thieves is a MUCH better spot to hunt provided you have someone else to help you do it. ^^

Also, I don't abandon the mission. There are more boxes in B3 and B4, plus you get the end boxes, EXP/MP/meseta and a chance for S-rank boards (if you clear it fast enough).

Skyly
Jun 2, 2008, 03:23 PM
Should have saved all of em from 1up Cup.

Talise
Jun 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
those S-rank boards are blah Kubara boards.

stukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 06:26 PM
those S-rank boards are blah Kubara boards.
I said that was *one* reason not to abandon, not the main reason. :p I've actually found a lot of my Nanopolymers in B3 and B4, that's the main reason I don't abandon after B2.

Also, don't forget about the secret four boxes past the trick wall at the end of B3! (just thought I'd mention it in case someone didn't know about them)

mvffin
Jun 3, 2008, 10:14 PM
does polymer drop from Egg Thieves A rank? My friend is not high enough level to run S yet. = \

Adriano
Jun 3, 2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the tip.

No problem. :)

Skippy
Jun 4, 2008, 10:54 AM
I NEED NANO POLYMER

i dont care if i have to run one mission find 1 OR run in open a box run out and REPEAT

i just need it

Darkhaven
Jun 4, 2008, 10:56 AM
Sleeping Warriors S2

dc534
Jun 4, 2008, 10:57 AM
Best place is probably SW S2 the lady at the trade in counter tells you so. I find quite a few at Mother Brain as well though. You basically have to dedicate an entire day of running to find a good amount of nanopolymer though.

DarkShadowX
Jun 4, 2008, 10:57 AM
Personally I'd say Egg Thieves for Nanos. After 5 or more runs I usually average at around 5 or more nanopolys. Tho you'll need one other person with you since it needs 2-4 people to run.

Kylie
Jun 4, 2008, 11:04 AM
Personally I'd say Egg Thieves for Nanos. After 5 or more runs I usually average at around 5 or more nanopolys. Tho you'll need one other person with you since it needs 2-4 people to run.
Just two if you're not worried about time will do it. :wacko: I think you also have a chance of getting nanopolymer for finding Lou's hat, but it also drops from boxes a lot.

AerisZeal
Jun 4, 2008, 11:08 AM
Well... There's Sleeping Warriors S2, Lightning Beasts S. If you're working in a pair you can get it much faster in Egg Thieves S just running the mission or doing the first block and some of the second for boxes, I've made several armors the last way. :wacko:

DarkEliteRico
Jun 4, 2008, 11:11 AM
Well... There's Sleeping Warriors S2, Lightning Beasts S. If you're working in a pair you can get it much faster in Egg Thieves S just running the mission or doing the first block and some of the second for boxes, I've made several armors the last way. :wacko:that's how i'm saving up to synth the 5 more boards i have, finding a good partner who actually remembers the mission is a pain. Should have seen the clusterfuck we had taking people though HSM on S a few weeks ago.

AerisZeal
Jun 4, 2008, 11:19 AM
that's how i'm saving up to synth the 5 more boards i have, finding a good partner who actually remembers the mission is a pain. Should have seen the clusterfuck we had taking people though HSM on S a few weeks ago.

Yea, it's a really nice way to do it. With only two we made about 60 or so in a couple days running it only a few hours at a time.

Treize K
Jun 4, 2008, 11:21 AM
Sw S2 all the way ^.^

Zael
Jun 4, 2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lZXB53FZwY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lZXB53FZwY
Problem solved.

Indica
Jun 4, 2008, 02:01 PM
1-3* Luck with my experience means squat when hunting Nanopolymer at Sleep Warrior map. I never noticed any difference.

Your best bet is not to do full runs. Here is my strategy and have gotten roughly 130 Nanopolymer, 25 Relic Edge, 1 Psycho Wand, 3 Meteor Cannon, and 20 Storm Line boards since MAG ended.

If I get this map, I just go to the room with 4 boxes in dead end and cancel mission

http://psupedia.info/images/0/02/Rare-sw-leftstairs.jpg

If I get this map, I complete all 3 Blocks and cancel at the recharge cube.

http://psupedia.info/images/4/4f/Rare-sw-hall.jpg

If I get this map, I just do Block 1 and and 1/2 of Block 2. I cancel with 4 boxes in dead end

http://psupedia.info/images/a/a4/Rare-sw-boxroom.jpg

stukasa
Jun 4, 2008, 03:24 PM
If you're only interested in Nanopolymers and have someone to help you, Egg Thieves is much, much better than Sleeping Warriors. It just depends on your priorities. SW has a lot of good drops that you can't find in Egg Thieves (Psycho Wand, Relic Edge, Storm Line, etc.). Egg Thieves, however, is a Nanopolymer gold mine. :p

I think you also have a chance of getting nanopolymer for finding Lou's hat, but it also drops from boxes a lot.
I've done dozens of Egg runs and never once gotten a Nanopolymer for finding Lou's hat. If she DOES give Nanopolymers it must be reeeeally rare! :lol: However, it's worth getting the hat because there are 3 boxes in that small room where you find it and at least one of those has a chance of dropping Nanopolymers.

SonicTMP
Jun 4, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well... There's Sleeping Warriors S2, Lightning Beasts S.

I wouldn't touch Lighting Beasts S, I spent the better part of of last friday-monday tryign for a solid / knight and after 50 some odd runs I cam out of it with like 2 nonopolymer. X_X