PDA

View Full Version : AotI WHat's probably the worst grinding experience you have had with a weapon?

NegaTsukasa
Jun 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
For some reason Grinding decided to say "Screw you" to us in the new PSU game, and started become a pain to deal with. Any how, upon this new devious grinding system many people including me have had
"a blast" getting these weapons to our set wants in power and TP usage.
I know as well as you that many have some interesting stories of absolute failure. They're great to hear and learn from. lets begin...

Mine was just recent. I went through literaly 80 grinds just to get my Vish diraga (s Rank whip) up to level 5! and ontop of that I had to buy more which sucked my money almost completely dry to start the grinding process over when it broke below 5! Definatly a strong course of rotten luck that time. I about just threw in the towel and left it at a 4. luckily I got it on the 81st grind to 5.

Anyone else ever had rotten luck with grinding a weapon?

Csero
Jun 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
My Blackheart broke on it's third grind. I was fairly upset. I am ususally even more disappointed when something breaks because I am a very cautious grinder.

Endykins
Jun 1, 2008, 12:42 PM
Degahna cannon:
Me: oh yay its 9/10
tweet tweet tweet...BOOM
Me: Oh. :(
*trys again*
Me: Hey, its 8/9
tweet tweet tweet...BOOM
Me: *cry*
*trys again*
Me: O.o 7/8, why not...
tweet tweet tweet....BOOM
Me: ADSKFASDFDS BOOM YOURSELF
Degahna cannon: Okay ^_^ *booms to 0/6
Me: I hate you.
Degahna cannon: Fine fine. Ding 6/6.

And i eventually accidently sold it to the NPC... *laughs*

EspioKaos
Jun 1, 2008, 12:48 PM
Its rare for me to grind anything, so this is all I've got.

I was checking the probability of success on my Uransara. I was told I had a low chance of failure, but I wanted to back out since I didn't feel like taking the risk. Instead, I accidentally began the grind and... *boom* ... 0/9.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 1, 2008, 12:50 PM
Degahna cannon:
tweet tweet tweet...BOOM
*trys again*
tweet tweet tweet...BOOM
*trys again*

lol. That was pretty much how mine was only much worse since I was proned on getting it to a certian point. and what sucks even more is that the item shops don't sell you grinders anymore. they are more trap proned. So I had to buy and synth my own S rank grinders.
Which also put a dent in my wallet. But not by much. I'm practicly rich.

The grinding processes have certianly gotten tougher. That's for sure. Especialy S Ranks.

chaoskila
Jun 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
varista 9/10
goes for 10
lol it broke and i was laffing that i got it that high cuz i was using A+9
then i stoped laffing cuz then i looked at the price of varista 10/10...

darkante
Jun 1, 2008, 01:02 PM
Dont remember the particular weapon´s name i grinded but..
it failed 6 times in a row on the second grind!! Eventually it came after it and i was aiming for 5/5 at least...
And in the end..it only got to 3/3. :S

Mikura
Jun 1, 2008, 02:55 PM
You guys certainly have more balls than I do. If I get anything above +5, I usually leave it there. For those of you who get to 9/10 and push for 10/10, for shame on you. >_> That's "exactly" what the game is hoping you'll do. D:

Oh, as for worst grinding moment, I don't have many since I hardly push my luck, but worst for me personally was trying to get a Shato to +6. (Back when they were still rare) Got to +5, but I'd always break it beyond that. Then it broke once just going to +3, which really pissed me off. Finally, I had to use another Shato that I found since the first one broke so many times, it went down to 0/6 and I didn't want to risk breaking it even more. Got that one to 6/10, so I was pleased. I definitely didn't try for higher since I had a hell of a time just reaching +6.

CeruleanWitch
Jun 1, 2008, 03:20 PM
I had about 9 or 10 Shatos from the Forest of Illusion, every single one of them is 6/6. :/

Mikura
Jun 1, 2008, 03:24 PM
I had about 9 or 10 Shatos from the Forest of Illusion, every single one of them is 6/6. :/

>_> It's been from my experience at least that Shatos are a bitch to grind. I have a ton of them from FoI that are sitting in my storage now, but I'm waiting for the grind bonus before I even touch them. (If we get the bonus)

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 1, 2008, 03:27 PM
My first tesbra, right after I farmed and farmed for it and I was so proud of my new rare item, and prouder of my PM for not giving me an okiku doll. I had made S+9s and 1 S+10 grinder and was all set. I figured I had 2* luck and good grinders so I'd go to +4. *tweet tweet tweet* good on +1. *tweet tweet twee...* BOOM. Fail on a +2 grind. Idalia was a sad newman that day.

::Eh, heh.... I just realized I'm on the other PC in the living room and not logged in under Autumn. ::is feeling a mite stupid at the moment::

KulturHorror
Jun 1, 2008, 03:39 PM
Back when Phantoms first came out...i broke three in a row even with 3* luck

I have rarely grinded any of my weapons since then...

Endykins
Jun 1, 2008, 03:53 PM
Back when Phantoms first came out...i broke three in a row even with 3* luck

I have rarely grinded any of my weapons since then...

Speaking of those.. the day we got the Grinder A boards... i had 100 phantoms saved up. I ended up walking away with 1 +9 phantom, 2 +8 phantoms and 97 others broke through some miracle. -.-

Kylie
Jun 1, 2008, 04:13 PM
Its rare for me to grind anything, so this is all I've got.
Same, but I decided to grind everything (a rank) to 5/10 after they changed the penalty, and it didn't work out too well. A lot of my stuff ended up at 4/4 or worse. :-x I was like ew, sold it all, and rarely grinded after that. I'll probably try if/when we get the boost though.

Mikura
Jun 1, 2008, 08:08 PM
Same, but I decided to grind everything (a rank) to 5/10 after they changed the penalty, and it didn't work out too well. A lot of my stuff ended up at 4/4 or worse. :-x I was like ew, sold it all, and rarely grinded after that. I'll probably try if/when we get the boost though.

5/10 is usually what I try for on all my A-ranks too, and once in awhile 6. I never go beyond that though. Are you waiting for 3* luck days and using high grade grinders? Because unless I've been extremely lucky, you shouldn't be breaking that many just going to 5. (Not saying you'll never break, but not enough times to drop down to 4/4)

Zorafim
Jun 1, 2008, 08:15 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSU%20junk/psu20071216_172614_003.jpg

Mikura
Jun 1, 2008, 08:19 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSU%20junk/psu20071216_172614_003.jpg

Eww...Was that going to 5, or did you just keep pressing your luck going for 10? >_> If it was just 5, then just...wow. That really sucks. ;/

Zorafim
Jun 1, 2008, 08:25 PM
I think I got as high as an 8/9, or a 7/8, before it repeatably broke at +2. I never got anything higher than three after that first run of good luck.

Hendershizzle
Jun 1, 2008, 08:32 PM
It Hurts me to say this...
2/2 Blackheart 3* luck

PALRAPPYS
Jun 1, 2008, 08:38 PM
Grinding in this game is ridiculous.

I let everyone else grind the weapons for me. :D

Well, the best grinding I have ever done was Halarods 5/10 and 7/7. I was freaking out with my Hoshi-Kikami going to 3/10 too, heh.

Zael
Jun 1, 2008, 08:43 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VNbhMwRpix8
I made that on January, 2007.

mvffin
Jun 1, 2008, 08:46 PM
I usually grind my weapons in groups... sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't.

Before I knew anything about S rank grinding, my poor 50% Ice Okanoh came out 4/4, using only S+10 and 3* luck. My Song of Death #1 ended up 5/5. = (

Recently, I tried to grind a group of Ryusaikanoh. out of 12 weapons, the best one came out +7. T_T

I try not to grind things anymore. At least not until the grind bonus. Even then, only a choice few of my weapons will be braved the risk.

Overall, I'd say I'm doing above average on grinding though. I just need to stop selling my 50% weapons. = \

Freshellent
Jun 1, 2008, 08:46 PM
It Hurts me to say this...
2/2 Blackheart 3* luck

I feel your pain. Did the very same with my Blackhearts as well. +8s too.

Broke my 50% Daiga twice I think. I promptly stopped after that. Not worth the trouble.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 1, 2008, 08:47 PM
On the same day I got my best grind ever (Pushan 10/10), I also got my worst grinding session ever. I felt elated from the Pushan, so I took all my extra 50% Muktrands over to Moatoob for some grinding. I ended up breaking 2 50 Fires, 3 50 Lights, 2 50 Grounds, one 50 Ice and one 50 Lightning, the Ice one broke going to 8/10, and two of the Light ones broke from 8>9 and 9>10. In all I broke 9 50% Muktrands that day.

And now I've got more saved up for the bonus >_>

JC10001
Jun 1, 2008, 08:49 PM
A while back I went in with 20 Cubo Dungas, 3 star luck, and a bunch of A+10s. I didn't get a single one of them past 3 grinds. I haven't grinded anything since.

Akio-Kasai
Jun 1, 2008, 09:29 PM
Ahh I remember mine...

I didn't play PSU after this happened because I swear it was a sign.

6 Shatos

A+10 (This was with 1* luck)

Shato 1
Break

Shato 2
Break

Shato 3
Break

Shato 4
Success
Break

Shato 5
Break

Shato 6
Success
Success
Break

Dragwind
Jun 1, 2008, 09:30 PM
Breaking a 10% Deva all the way down to 2/2.

I've also attempted at grinding a shato to +10 too many times to count. I've even had it at 9/10 a few times only for it to break again.

The shato torture will come to an end hopefully with the upcoming grinding boost.

Zwick_
Jun 1, 2008, 09:35 PM
Got my psycho wand to 8/8 =D

...oh wait worst....

Had a 46% Crimson at 7/8 and went for it, it is now 1/1 lol
Or maybe the twin rubys 9/10 that I bought for 15 mil to try to get em the 1 more grind that broke =O

NegaTsukasa
Jun 1, 2008, 10:02 PM
heh. I liked it better when we just grinded the weapon like on PSO with out any breaks and it reached a certian point then you were happy.

The only thing grinders on this game focus on is TP usage though. not power like in PSO from what I can tell.

The power is in leveling up the element or skill of the weapon from what I can see.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 1, 2008, 10:05 PM
Something I do when I'm totalty fed up with starting over is get my weapon to a certian point (like one below the standard I want it at) and then grind. if it breaks I turn off the game and start again. It's time consuming but sometimes I'm determined to get what I need.

If anyone has a 10/10 weapon I congradulate them.

Complex_Jao
Jun 1, 2008, 10:07 PM
umm...rattlesnac 9/10 (grinding)...{in my head} ATP 810... ATP 810... ATP810...(BOOM) FFFUUUCCCKKK...(mom)WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!!!...(me)nothing mother...biitch

red1228
Jun 1, 2008, 10:13 PM
2* luck, +8 grinders grinding a Muzzlefevic (0/10).
First grind...breaks >_>

stukasa
Jun 1, 2008, 10:21 PM
My worst experience was breaking my Frying Pan three times in a row. It was an event reward item so it's basically irreplaceable, and it's only A-rank so the success rate should have been pretty good. Oh well, these things happen sometimes. ^_^;

Cathbar
Jun 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
yeah.. I don't do much grinding, so really I havn't had that much trouble (I guess), but I tried to grind some Twin Maganas the other week and they kept breaking at +2 and +3. So finally I got really mad at them and started threatening them with bodily harm (yeah... I did) And they didn't break after that XD I got them to 6/7

Stryker Diaz
Jun 1, 2008, 10:29 PM
well...... I have an Alteri 10/10 and tons of 3/10 weapons but Im scared to go any further >>;; especially I have no Knowledge of the luck system which I know is noobish but still I never really looked into it. But ya my worst day ever was with my Favorite weapon in all of PSU of course >< Twin ruby...... 9/10......... 8/9......... 7/8.... 6/7........ 5/6......... 5/5 SOLD ON MY SHOP :D its more expensive to get far and then screw up so thats why that was my worst expierience ever!! I wasted more money than I should have and ended up having to sell them for 550k >>

GaNksTa
Jun 1, 2008, 11:01 PM
My Ank Dedda breaking 2->3 before 1UP. Haven't really broken anything important since then.

ZeusKOTG
Jun 1, 2008, 11:27 PM
I was grinding my soda riban. I got it to 7/10 and I was like this wasn't to bad. got it to 8/10 with a seems very high that it will level. Boom* I was pissed. I get it back up to 7/9, then a day later I had high luck and went for it. Epic failed again and now I am at 1/8 and it is staying that way.

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 2, 2008, 12:21 AM
My worst experience was when I was grinding a 46% dark Deva-zashi. First, I got it to 6/10. I was happy with that. Then, I made the mistake of telling some friends that. So, I get it to 8/10 and was going to stop. Oh noooo, they wanted me to grind it more. So I blew it up on the ninth grind. It ended up being a 4/4. Note to self, never bring them grinding again :(

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 2, 2008, 12:23 AM
Oh yeah, every time I blew it up after that, it was only one grind from maxing out meaning I wasted around 3 mil in grinders just to 4/4:(

Csero
Jun 2, 2008, 01:14 AM
Grinding on this game seems to be like a grade school bully, who comes and beats you up, takes all your money, and leaves you crying in the corner.

Oh, he'll be back the next time he smells 3* on you.

Trey
Jun 2, 2008, 01:18 AM
One of mine was when the whole break your whole weapon was still out was my 50% ice like i believe it was 5* twin saber and i was like i wanna go grind it to make it uber iwas like i wonder if luck will effect it (cause i had 0 at the time) i was like this is goona be cool
*accepts everythin**beep beep beep BOOOOOOOOOM* mouth wide open going are u serious!? i was like never grinding again ;_; boo! R.I.P twin saber

tAKt
Jun 2, 2008, 01:24 AM
Had a 28% rucar that was 2/9, So I was going to try and get it to at least 4 so went out bought my s+10 (also had 3* server luck) went to grind it got it to 3/9, when I went to put the 4th one on it broke... So I put it up to 3/8 and on the 4th is broke, and this went on till it was broken down to 2/2 and I eventualy sold it for 50 meseta.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 02:18 AM
Woot! I just got my first 10/10!
It took me only several restarts from save point. Every level up past 5 I saved after succeful grinding.

Durandal Replica 10/10

I'm happy and very lucky...oh wait...this is about worst experiances. my bad. XP

NegaTsukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 02:19 AM
Woot! I just got my first 10/10!
It took me only several restarts from save point. Every level up past 5 I saved after succeful grinding.

Durandal Replica 10/10

I'm happy and very lucky...oh wait...this is about worst experiances. my bad. XP

So far all my weapons are a 4/? grind level or higher. mostly all at 5 grind though.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 02:22 AM
heh. I liked it better when we just grinded the weapon like on PSO with out any breaks and it reached a certian point then you were happy.

The only thing grinders on this game focus on is TP usage though. not power like in PSO from what I can tell.

The power is in leveling up the element or skill of the weapon from what I can see.

Re-phrase that. I was so used to looking at the TP go up I didn't notice the power also goes up as well.

Just a simple miss read. XP

Macras
Jun 2, 2008, 02:24 AM
does trying for a 1/1 twin varista but only getting 2/2 count?

Kion
Jun 2, 2008, 02:40 AM
my 2/2 ageha kikami speaks for itself. i don't think it ever got higher than 4 using A+8's.

Eleina
Jun 2, 2008, 03:02 AM
*Takes 32% Yamata misaki to the shop*
Used a S+8 on first grind with 3*...it broke.
It then decided to go all the way to 7/9 then broke.
Got frustrated and it ended up being 3/3 :P

IsoDonk
Jun 2, 2008, 03:09 AM
I spotted a 42% Blumier in someone's shop for very little, 0/9. Figured I'd buy it to replace my 42% Shiratsuno after a few grinds (Shiratsuno is at 9/9).

Ended up 4/4. :(

Micro
Jun 2, 2008, 03:11 AM
Probably back in V1 when grinded 6* weapons were still pretty damn good to use.
Synthed a 50% Ascalon and was like "Hell yeah I'll grind this sucker."
Little did I know it would break 2->3 with 3* luck and a B+10 >.>

Chris28
Jun 2, 2008, 04:57 AM
my agito repca is 4/4, grinding with 3+ luck, it never ever ever ever got to 5. I think it's a cursed item. I once saw a guy with a 0/0 and 1/1 agito repca, but he bought them from player shops i think, and he bought them for 20+ million a piece!! what a dousche.

blkbeast
Jun 2, 2008, 07:56 AM
yeaaa repcas are a bytch
i hate it enough to grind it lol

Dragon_Knight
Jun 2, 2008, 08:40 AM
My worst was probably trying to grind A rank weapons on a 3* day...I used +8 A grinders...and I STILL often find them break from 0->1 or 2->3. At best I go to +5 if I can even get them that high up.

Para
Jun 2, 2008, 10:12 AM
Force weapons: love to break on me.

reddog976
Jun 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
I broke my first Psycho Wand. It really hurt my feelings because it was a weapon I had wanted for a long time. It only broke once though, and the other two didn't break at all (I only took them to 4 grinds...I'm not greedy)

Llord Bacchus
Jun 2, 2008, 10:39 AM
lol - got a pair of twin handguns (deathmaker) that are 4/4 - swear it would break on me (with 3* luck) on or about the last grind every freaking time - haha - using a+9 and a+10 grinders

Sekani
Jun 2, 2008, 10:55 AM
My experiences with grinding S-ranks have been so horrible that I don't bother anymore. Instead, I save a ton of money and frustration buying up those 5/7 weapons that no one wants. Selling off all of my unused S+10s has proven to be pretty profitable as well.

A-rank weapons are far more forgiving, can't say that I've had a bad experience since weapons stopped shattering after a failed grind.

DarkEliteRico
Jun 2, 2008, 11:12 AM
Had a lovely 1/1 coni a few months ago....i really was trying to get a 0/0 one too. Grinded well up until 6 each time, then after all i had was 0/5 it broke on the second each time with S+9 and S+10's

Kanore
Jun 2, 2008, 02:01 PM
Everything breaks beyond 3/x.

I don't even care about grinding anymore as long as it stops at 3/x.

Hell, it even breaks between 2 and 3.

Akaimizu
Jun 2, 2008, 02:03 PM
If I can ever get 1 weapon to 7 grinds, I'll let you know. This game, so far, has forever 6'd me. I have the 6 curse.

darkante
Jun 2, 2008, 02:23 PM
Grinding is so though, i am happy if i even get 4 grinds. :O

But whoever gets his Agito Repca to 1/1 (i wouldnt mind have one then just for novelty but anyway)...i feel for you.
All those massive grinds gain...booom! Gone! D:

Kumlekar
Jun 2, 2008, 02:23 PM
My song for death failed on the first grind 3 times in a row, it was dissappointing to see the max grind dropping so fast.

Hiroko
Jun 2, 2008, 02:31 PM
Degahna cannon:
tweet tweet tweet...BOOM
*trys again*
tweet tweet tweet...BOOM
*trys again*

Ouch...*resists fit to stab all npc counter-people*

Eyce_Theon
Jun 2, 2008, 02:32 PM
Broke my Psycho Wand going to 1/10, with 3 luck and an S+7 grinder.

Kylie
Jun 2, 2008, 02:34 PM
5/10 is usually what I try for on all my A-ranks too, and once in awhile 6. I never go beyond that though. Are you waiting for 3* luck days and using high grade grinders? Because unless I've been extremely lucky, you shouldn't be breaking that many just going to 5. (Not saying you'll never break, but not enough times to drop down to 4/4)
Yeah, I had max luck, or one of my alts did. Can't remember... But I did exaggerate a little bit. Only a few of my weapons went down to 4/4, but a lot of them did not end up at 5/10 exactly, which I didn't like because I'm OCD with numbers.

Hiroko
Jun 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
Well, definately not the worst time grinding, but here goes... Synthed a 30% Dark Creasword, and was really happy since my 90/10 Striking PM had continued it's perfect Crea synth streak. Took the weapon to GRM (+3 luck) *tweet tweet* (+1) yay. Used a A+5 for the second grind....BOOM! Weapon gone...(this was before aoi) Found another [B] to synth, and the perfect synth streak was broken as my PM produced a monomate, instead of another Creasword (Though, she hasn't failed any Creas since. I've made almost 30) ^^;

xEndrance
Jun 2, 2008, 02:48 PM
So I was grinding my hyper vipers 0/10 and, I got my S grinders that I had. Started grinding it. 2/10 =] then I got it 4/10 ^.^ I was feeling pretty good got it to 6/10 ^-^ kept going 8/10 I was happy, I decided to stop. Came back the next day got it to 9/10 -Sigh- The 9/10 was killing me so I was like i've been having good luck so grabed an S+10 and was like here I go. I stood up and walked to the T.V pressed A on the controller and turned the T.V off. Not feeling to great about this. I waited 20 secs turned the T.V on and didn't even look at till like 3mins later 0/9 *.......* >.< So angry I went and got more grinders.... In the end it came out 3/3and till this day I haven't used a hyper viper because i'm mad at them.... =(

Dumb grinding....

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 2, 2008, 03:00 PM
So I was grinding my hyper vipers 0/10 and, I got my S grinders that I had. Started grinding it. 2/10 =] then I got it 4/10 ^.^ I was feeling pretty good got it to 6/10 ^-^ kept going 8/10 I was happy, I decided to stop. Came back the next day got it to 9/10 -Sigh- The 9/10 was killing me so I was like i've been having good luck so grabed an S+10 and was like here I go. I stood up and walked to the T.V pressed A on the controller and turned the T.V off. Not feeling to great about this. I waited 20 secs turned the T.V on and didn't even look at till like 3mins later 0/9 *.......* >.< So angry I went and got more grinders.... In the end it came out 3/3and till this day I haven't used a hyper viper because i'm mad at them.... =(

Dumb grinding....

I'd've Stopped at 9/10..... wow

DarkEliteRico
Jun 2, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'd've Stopped at 9/10..... wow
Should've done that with some of mine. At the time i had 10 to spare and my best 3 came out 6/6...worst 2/2, keeping the 5/10 safe and sound till we hopefully get another grinding boost

pikachief
Jun 2, 2008, 04:45 PM
well my Chao staff, i wanted it at 8 grinds. so it gets to 6 and asplodes. then it gets to 7 and does it again -_-

So i try it again, and it goes boom at 5 grinds :/

Ok so i get another one and it breaks 2 times in a row on THE FIRST GRIND >.<

So i picked up another and got it 8/8 lol

THE RO BRO
Jun 3, 2008, 01:33 AM
had two muktrands both with good % got them both to 9/10 and well.... they both broke of course ; ; one ended up up 5/5 and the other at 7/7 XD

Atomic646
Jun 3, 2008, 04:51 AM
38% Fire Svaltus Sword 3* Luck, All S+10's

0/10 = good
1st grind broke
0/9
2nd grind broke
0/8 3rd grind 1/8 4th grind broke
0/7
5th grind 1/7 6th grind broke
0/6 7th grind 1/6 8th grind 2/6 9th grind BROKE!!!!
0/5 10th grind 1/5 11th broke
0/4 12th grind 1/4 13th grind 2/4 14th grind 3/4 15th grind BROKE!!!!!
0/3 Went to a mission, Dropped it, then Abandoned.