PDA

View Full Version : Mayalee Hit

Alia
Jun 1, 2008, 06:26 PM
As a Fortefighter, is the HP steal worth it? I'm looking to up my solo game, since I can't usually find anyone to run MOTHER with me anymore. ;_;

Thanks in advance for the adivce/opinions!

Starrz
Jun 1, 2008, 07:36 PM
HP steal is not worth it. I think it was about 70 HP per hit back. It's great for damage as a FF though, especially if you hit two targets with the same bullet.

You're better off with a HP regen unit.

GaNksTa
Jun 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
I am a FF as well. I had wanted to get Mayalee Hit so I didn't have to use a /hp restore. After getting it.. I regretted it after the first run. This PA will suck your PP down FAST. I'd suggest getting a HP steal weapon; Sange for instance, that we MAY be getting if we hit 200mill during our 2 weeks.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 1, 2008, 07:55 PM
I am a FF as well. I had wanted to get Mayalee Hit so I didn't have to use a /hp restore. After getting it.. I regretted it after the first run. This PA will suck your PP down FAST. I'd suggest getting a HP steal weapon; Sange for instance, that we MAY be getting if we hit 200mill during our 2 weeks.

I thought Yasha was the one with HP steal?

CelestialBlade
Jun 1, 2008, 08:05 PM
I liked it on my Acrofighter. No reason you can't *combine* it with a regen unit and make it actually worthwhile.

One of my palette slots was a Neiclaw and a Varista with Mayalee Hit, combined with my Me / HP Restore. You may not think the individual numbers are very high but it really does add up. Varista regens PP very quickly and it's an offhand weapon, so it'll regen itself. It's a good option considering you're limited on -mates, something a lot of people seem to forget.

Xaeris
Jun 1, 2008, 08:05 PM
The HP steal is meh; even at the second tier, it's only stealing something like 14-15% of the damage it's dealing. However, you should still get it; as a bullet, its other special effect actually makes it stronger than the other handgun bullets in some instances. It's like a crea weapon; if two targets are close enough, they both get hit. Yeah, you don't need your handgun all that often, but when you do, it's pretty powerful against some eneemies.

Miyoko
Jun 1, 2008, 09:12 PM
You're better off getting a Nei Claw. Mayalee hit's pretty good on fG's though, especially after 21.

GaNksTa
Jun 1, 2008, 09:55 PM
I thought Yasha was the one with HP steal?

Sange has Lvl 1 HP steal. Yasha has Lvl 2 HP steal.

GreenArcher
Jun 2, 2008, 12:04 AM
You're better off getting a Nei Claw. Mayalee hit's pretty good on fG's though, especially after 21.

I disagree.

My mayalee hit is lvl 32, and I'm using it on a +3 Storm while wearing Storm Lines. While it does about 700 damage a hit (about 100 HP regened) to potentialyl 2 targets....it'll really only come out to one trimate, as by the time I get 15-20 shots fired off, the damned thing is empty. There are very few mission (if any) that require more than 20 dimates, 20 trimates, and 10 star atomizers when soloing.

Miyoko
Jun 2, 2008, 12:16 AM
I disagree.

My mayalee hit is lvl 32, and I'm using it on a +3 Storm while wearing Storm Lines. While it does about 700 damage a hit (about 100 HP regened) to potentialyl 2 targets....it'll really only come out to one trimate, as by the time I get 15-20 shots fired off, the damned thing is empty. There are very few mission (if any) that require more than 20 dimates, 20 trimates, and 10 star atomizers when soloing.

Well, it depends how stingy you are about using your mates. :P I'm one of those penny-pinchers who likes to save money where they can, and my storm will pretty much recover my HP fully at least once, but it only costs 150 meseta to recharge.

Gen2000
Jun 2, 2008, 04:41 AM
The HP Steal won't mean much when solo'ing with a FF using it, it's only lv.2 and combined with the PP drain rate you'll end up wasting PP charges just to get any decent use out of it even on PP heavy guns like the Yohemi 9* or Ruby Bullet.

However, like mention a few times before the actual bullet itself can be good because it can hit two targets with one bullet. For FFs it's a way to still do 1k-ish range on flying bosses, mostly Ragan and his reskins but can <i>kinda</i> work on Onma/Dimma too.