PDA

View Full Version : If newmans or humans had special summons,what would be suitable?

NegaTsukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 01:46 PM
Beasts have NanoBlast
Andriods have SUV's

on my note I would've been very happy if they gave newmans the classic "Photon Blast"
summons from the old PSO game. The routine would be just like a Beast. go to the make over shop. You could choose a back or face design of one of the old Photon summon's insignias.
Like if you wanted "Golla," it would be there to purchase. Then the more you fight or use magic, the meter will rise like the beast and then you can cast the summon.

I don't know how Sega was blind to see this would work out upon creation. Photon Blasts would've been perfect for the newmans. Minus the cut scenes like form the old game, they would just fly out of the users inisgnia on the ground it was summoned infront of them and attack or support, then vanish.

As for the humans. their ability or summons could be from variety disks possibaly called Heart of (insert effect name here). and it could be equiped in the extra slot of the users armor
Once you fill up the meter on the battle feild you can use the Heart Disk.
You could choose from temporary infinite HP, temporary max ATk, Temporary max DEF, and other temp effect disks. but not too many. A special aura could illuminate the body during the temporary effect proccess.

I don't know about you, but I like these ideas and I think they would work very well. that way everyone has an advantagouse ability in their aresenal.
And not just beasts and casts.

no harsh critisizm please. these are just well rounded ideas I thought of.

Kanore
Jun 2, 2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143250
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142728

also humans are the most basic creature in almost every RPG, they're not meant to have any special abilities

ashley50
Jun 2, 2008, 01:55 PM
Being Able to wield Crea Sabers and Daggers?
¬_¬

TheGreyCliche
Jun 2, 2008, 01:57 PM
I've been hearing more and more rumors about summons for newmans and 'adrenaline rush' abilities for humans, but unless they decide to release ultimate beast forms and suv's (say level 50 or 70 instead of 20), it is very unlikely. mostly because the stat boosts humans and newmans get for choosing certain classes as well as the crea weapons (which are effectively useless imo) make up for the lack of the current special abilities. but if the special abilities ever got upgraded, i think humans and newmans might have a chance.

i do like your ideas though, i miss the photon blasts from pso (and mags in general).

Fiohna
Jun 2, 2008, 01:57 PM
I think they should attack faster or get a natural reduction to PP cost on moves or something along those lines, personally. Balancing out their lower damage with faster attack rates or higher sustained PA usage would be nice.

Kanore
Jun 2, 2008, 02:00 PM
I linked the other threads for a reason. But continuing a roundabout discussion of a pipe dream is fine I guess.

Akaimizu
Jun 2, 2008, 02:00 PM
A lot of the time, the stat bonuses didn't really balance things out at all. They're usually still disavantaged in the same way. They just kept them from being highly disadvantaged if they didn't give them the boosts.

However, that's steadily ever so changing now that more classes are getting balanced to rely on both sides of their function. Tech and Direct attack. Funny enough, it started with the Acro-classes.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 2, 2008, 02:04 PM
I want an Insta-Fail button.

ThePendragon
Jun 2, 2008, 02:13 PM
I said this before, and I think this a good idea.

Newmans - Photon Blasts. It fits with the story for one, the whole communion and photon worship they have going. Similar to PSO, they pick one. Each one will be high level techs. Once their bar fills they use their PB, and it can cast lvl 60 Giresta, or Shifta/Deband, Or Jellen/Zalure, on everything in the room depending on which PB they choose. Maybe add attack techs as possibilities too.

Humans - As a result of newmans getting their abilities, humans get theirs. Theire bar doesn't charge like everyone else. Their bar only becomes fully charged when all three abilities have been used by the other three races. So when a beast cast his nanoblast, a newman his photon blast, and a CAST their SUV, the humans bar is charged. They can then use one of two abilities depening on what they chose. They can either, A) Release all of the energy back into their allies, which will refill their ability bars by 75% or B) Release it into themselves, giving uber powerful PA attack for a short amount of time, like 30 seconds. During that time, their weapons glow a blazing light, and their PA's do massive damage with badass new animations that sweep for long distances.

r00tabaga
Jun 2, 2008, 02:26 PM
I love when people like Kanore feel they're above everyone else and point out links that many including myself may have never seen and shoot down good (great ideas). I made a post about seeing thru your 1st person mode w/race specific "eyes" (casts-HUD,beasts-night vision,etc.) and I got shot down nasty. Just wanted to feel more like my race.

I think that there should DEFINATELY be an ability for Newmans and a photon blast would be awesome...especially if you could get the timing down w/other Newmans and link the blasts like PSO! I don't think Humans should have any specials. But that's just me......

chaoskila
Jun 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
how about we jsut make it that humans can move really fast or can summon a vehicle for like 30 seconds

newmans should get the classic pso stop time photon blast

Cracka_J
Jun 2, 2008, 02:48 PM
ommfg when will it end...

XFoxPrower
Jun 2, 2008, 02:56 PM
Official response
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2008/05/19/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-psu-gm/

ThePendragon
Jun 2, 2008, 03:00 PM
I love how everyone thinks Humans don't need anything. I mean clearly, because humans are SO overpowered.
:|

Cracka_J
Jun 2, 2008, 03:01 PM
I love how everyone thinks Humans don't need anything. I mean clearly, because humans are SO overpowered.
:|

is missing the point.

ThePendragon
Jun 2, 2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, apparently you are. As it stands, the is NO practical reason to choose human over any other race. I am a human, and while I try to justify this choice to myself, deep down I know, I'm playing a gimped race. Several times I've run into instances that rub salt in the wound. Playing with a beast character once, he casually asked me, is your nanoblast almost ready? When I answered no, Im a human, his response was, "Oh, sorry."

He wasn't being a jerk, but it made sense. Im tired of reaching a boss, or a difficult room and realizing I have nothing to contribute. Other players sense it too. When you're with a group of casts and beasts there's a tension where you can feel the human is not contributing as much as everyone else. The game is imbalanced, and anyone who claims otherwise is in denial, or knows it and wants to keep it that way.

Zorafim
Jun 2, 2008, 03:15 PM
They should be able to summon black beasts that dual wield axes which the black beasts combine together to become the mega super tank, which shoots photon blasts.

Don't we have enough of these topics floating around? The last one can't be two pages off.

SonicTMP
Jun 2, 2008, 03:16 PM
ommfg when will it end...

When humans and nemans get somethign unique instead of a crappy weapons that others can still weild in some cases?

Kanore
Jun 2, 2008, 03:18 PM
Yes, apparently you are. As it stands, the is NO practical reason to choose human over any other race. I am a human, and while I try to justify this choice to myself, deep down I know, I'm playing a gimped race. Several times I've run into instances that rub salt in the wound. Playing with a beast character once, he casually asked me, is your nanoblast almost ready? When I answered no, Im a human, his response was, "Oh, sorry."

He wasn't being a jerk, but it made sense. Im tired of reaching a boss, or a difficult room and realizing I have nothing to contribute. Other players sense it too. When you're with a group of casts and beasts there's a tension where you can feel the human is not contributing as much as everyone else. The game is imbalanced, and anyone who claims otherwise is in denial, or knows it and wants to keep it that way.

If you take the game this seriously maybe you should make a non-human, because whining about humans not having a racial ability won't get you one.

They should be able to summon black beasts that dual wield axes which the black beasts combine together to become the mega super tank, which shoots photon blasts.

Don't we have enough of these topics floating around? The last one can't be two pages off.

Holy shit, people really DO ignore my posts!

ThePendragon
Jun 2, 2008, 03:18 PM
When humans and nemans get somethign unique instead of a crappy weapons that others can still weild in some cases?

Exactly. There is no reason why humans and newmans shouldn't have an ability.

Adriano
Jun 2, 2008, 03:19 PM
I do wish there was something I could use after taking so much damage, as a newman that is really difficult seeing as how at Af 20, I have around 2500 HP!! << Egg thieves stresses me the fcuk out!! O_ O
And I Wont even try bruces yet, I mean I don't die often, but it can happen since Im so used to playing my beast, when I play my newman I have to remind myself to heal more often.. >>

ThePendragon
Jun 2, 2008, 03:20 PM
If you take the game this seriously maybe you should make a non-human, because whining about humans not having a racial ability won't get you one.

The point is, I shouldn't HAVE to. And 1) I don't have the time to lvl another character and 2) I WANT to be human, it's a personal preference, and one I should be able to have without being penalized for it.

Also, you don't know what my "whining" will or will not do. Though to be honest, people like you are the only ones whining. The rest of us are making valid points.

Kanore
Jun 2, 2008, 03:21 PM
Exactly. There is no reason why humans and newmans shouldn't have an ability.

ST says so. Why not knock on their front door and tell them what you're saying here?

The point is, I shouldn't HAVE to. And 1) I don't have the time to lvl another character and 2) I WANT to be human, it's a personla preference, and one I should be able to make without being penalized for it.

Also, you don't know what my "whining" will or will not do. Though to be honest, people like you are the only ones whining. The rest of us are making valid points.

Being penalized? There were enough reference points prior to creating a character in this game that you should've been fully aware of the functions of each race, especially if you're going to come down to complaining about why humans get no racial ability.

ST made it so that humans are basic and have the most balanced stats. That's how they were in PSO. SUVs don't do THAT much more damage, they're just a boost. Beasts' Nanoblasts don't last forever. Newmans' TP boost is enough of a racial advantage; techers do so much damage. The only difference between humans in PSU and PSO is that humans don't even have mats to consume - the extra mat boost they got in PSO is non-existent - but their stats are still balanced and they can play pretty much every class without worrying about having absolutely no magic power or having no physical strength.

Make as many valid points as you want, but you'll only get more angry something that will never exist.

ThePendragon
Jun 2, 2008, 03:23 PM
ST says so. Why not knock on their front door and tell them what you're saying here?

As evidenced by the post to the GM blog, they're hearing it plenty. At this point we'll just have to wait and see. This thread is an idea thread, all the whiners who stopped by turned it into an argument.

Akaimizu
Jun 2, 2008, 03:24 PM
I do wish there was something I could use after taking so much damage, as a newman that is really difficult seeing as how at Af 20, I have around 2500 HP!! << Egg thieves stresses me the fcuk out!! O_ O
And I Wont even try bruces yet, I mean I don't die often, but it can happen since Im so used to playing my beast, when I play my newman I have to remind myself to heal more often.. >>

Are you max character level too? That's pretty much the same as a Human Guntecher 130/20. I would be surprised even a newman AF would be so low, after that. Especially since it's a melee-based class. If you have 2500 HP, you should be ok, at this time.

On the other hand, 2500 isn't too bad in this game. You definitely need to make use of your quickness; but that's today's current magic number for most of the mobs. (Using the best mean guy (Magas) as a measure. Since technically he's still probably the game's hardest hitting folk (not crit).).

Kanore
Jun 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
As evidenced by the post to the GM blog, they're hearing it plenty. At this point we'll just have to wait and see. This thread is an idea thread, all the whiners who stopped by turned it into an argument.

Aside from administrative and support duties in the western servers, you do realize that SoA GMs have little power, ESPECIALLY over the content of the game itself?

And these kinds of threads always turn into arguments anyway because a majority of peoples' ideas are so out of whack it's not even worth discussing. Beyond the constantly pressed ideas of Photon Blasts, I really haven't read anything else that could conceivably put into the game and not unbalance the game more than it already is. The VERY first reply to this thread shows that two of the SAME THREADS have been made in the recent past.

Again, there's a reason I linked those.

Adriano
Jun 2, 2008, 03:29 PM
Are you max character level too? That's pretty much the same as a Human Guntecher 130/20. I would be surprised even a newman AF would be so low, after that. Especially since it's a melee-based class. If you have 2500 HP, you should be ok, at this time.

On the other hand, 2500 isn't too bad in this game. You definitely need to make use of your quickness; but that's today's current magic number for most of the mobs. (Using the best mean guy (Magas) as a measure. Since technically he's still probably the game's hardest hitting folk (not crit).).

No I'm lvl 98 on my newman and yeah sometimes I think 2500 hp is meh, because I just cant wade through like the pack of vahras that my beast can, but hmm, maybe its cause he has majarra.. ;o...
But yeah in one of these threads, MsAksion said something about a forcefield, and I Am ALL for that, I loved the idea when I heard it.

Akaimizu
Jun 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
Oh. You're level 98, then you're right on the right track, then. Whew! You had me going there. Then don't even bother worrying about your stats. They'll be quite fine by the time you get up there. Bruce S gives some 130s a real trick (including myself, which has to be real careful at times), so as a level 98, don't be surprised if Bruce S seems a little bit harsh.

In a group, I've often been the Bruce Babysitter, though. Not a lot to do there. Thus I don't like Bruce runs in a group, much. I make pretty much no character PA progress on those runs, with that role. And *not* raising PAs is one thing I really can't afford to do.

Cracka_J
Jun 2, 2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, apparently you are. As it stands, the is NO practical reason to choose human over any other race.

how about the practical reason that they suck at nothing, and can play ANY class in the game with good stats.

you play human, but have no idea what their bonus is...

r00tabaga
Jun 2, 2008, 03:37 PM
Again, there's a reason I linked those.

Cuuuuuuuuz' your lonely and have nothing better to do than try and seem like you're actually important somewhere?

NegaTsukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 03:50 PM
Wow guys. seriously. I was just posting a "creative idea" thread.
some of you guys are fine, but a couple of you here temporarely have lost the brain cells to ignore certian posts.

If its something you don't agree with just don't responed to it. Responding to it will only bring out the sad result all forums have. In which is flamming arguements.

ThePendragon
Jun 2, 2008, 04:34 PM
how about the practical reason that they suck at nothing, and can play ANY class in the game with good stats.

you play human, but have no idea what their bonus is...

"Bonus", :| Shows how little you know. Being equally mediocre at everything is not a "bonus".

Aside from administrative and support duties in the western servers, you do realize that SoA GMs have little power, ESPECIALLY over the content of the game itself?

And these kinds of threads always turn into arguments anyway because a majority of peoples' ideas are so out of whack it's not even worth discussing. Beyond the constantly pressed ideas of Photon Blasts, I really haven't read anything else that could conceivably put into the game and not unbalance the game more than it already is. The VERY first reply to this thread shows that two of the SAME THREADS have been made in the recent past.

I know they don't actually do anything, but they have direct contact with ST, and they are clearly getting loads of feedback on this issue. Which means some or all of it may be getting back to ST.

As for these threads, the idea is to present ideas to balance the game. Not everything will work, but I don't see it hurting anyone to try.

lostinseganet
Jun 2, 2008, 04:43 PM
SUMMON Minions!!!
Which would make about 64 mags from pso come out and attack anything for 5 mins

For Greater Justice! Planet... Henshin POWER!!!
Player would be enveloped in light and have the ability to change into one of the various PM's

mooonbow
Jun 2, 2008, 05:40 PM
eh humans sux so therefore there speacail ablity would as well as for newmans there just to badass to need one

CeruleanWitch
Jun 2, 2008, 09:39 PM
I'd prefer something like a SEED form for humans, like Hyuga. Extremely high stats, but you'll be in berserk mode (no control of your character) and it'll even attack your teammates.

Maskim
Jun 2, 2008, 10:07 PM
Human races' traditional bonuses in rpgs: Ingenuity and adaptability.

How to implement them as a special ability in a game like this? No clue. My post isn't supplying a speculated answer to what some perceive as a problem. I'm just stating that when I picture my human character getting angry enough that another race would turn into a red Hulk, I don't picture him glowing blue and doing double damage. I picture him unloading the photons from his weapon, while they are unstable from use, tossing them at the De Rol Le, and shooting them with a handgun to cause big 'splosion, dependent on the ammount of pp that was in the weapon he had equipped, both reducing his 'special attack bar' and that weapon's photon charge to zero.

Or pulling out a rope and racing around the De Ragan's legs, entwining them, causing it to fall until the time expires and it breaks the rope, and it gets back up. (Picture Luke with a snowspeeder and the AT-ATs)

As it stands, what's the real racial bonus of being human? You don't look retarded. Every time I might get jealous of a beast's nano, I just have to look at those hideous fuzzy ears, or that hairy unfused upper lip. Seriously, when babies are premature and their lips look like that, a surgeon fixes it. Moatoob needs better healthcare.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 2, 2008, 10:46 PM
Alright this is my point of view and you guys can choose to listen to me or not.

I for one agree with NegaTsukasa on the fact that every race should have some sort of Photon Blast like in PSO.

Newmans generally always being the supportive race they should have some sort of mega support technique that raises all stats of everyone and protects them from SE or even extremely fast regen. I dont know thats just my point of view ^^;;

Humans being the CREATOR race should have something extremely badass, I mean cmon these supposedly better races are only there because of humans so I believe they deserve something crazy good for their mediocracy, and dont bomb on me cause Im saying bad stuff on humans but the truth is Stat wise they are not good, they are neutral in every manner and everyone knows that the neutral characters arent exactly the best at anything. Humans are just plain neglected... but I repsect anyone who makes one just for the fact that they are knowingly choosing the average race, but now im rambling. Humans being the creator race... ya, since they are the creator race they should have a little bit of everything from everyone? I dont know thats just me. Like they for a short period of time their adrenaline is completely squeezed from their adrenal glands giving them quicker attack time and strength but not to the extremity that its as good as Nanoblast. Now they could also gain a specific weapon of their choice for them to use during the adrenal rush and during the whole thing they have extremely quick regen. That is just my idea ^^

Tsavo
Jun 3, 2008, 02:00 AM
To be honest I don't think Newms/Humes should get special abilities, I think it would take away some of what makes the other races unique. I always thought they should get more passive abilites, like Newmans could get slightly faster casting/attack animations to show that they're "fast reflexes" count for something besides EVP(a stat that doesn't help a whole hell of alot in my experience). Humans are a little tougher. Perhaps hybrid class bonuses that actually make a difference? Regardless both races at least deserve Crea weapons that don't suck.

Arika
Jun 3, 2008, 03:31 AM
Newman and Human look better!

F-Gattaca
Jun 3, 2008, 03:55 AM
I don't really like the Newman summoning idea that keeps getting bandied about. I don't think humans OR newmans need a flashy special move, but like Tsavo, I do think they could use some special toys of their own.

If ANYTHING, I think a Newman would be better served by something that better emphasizes that they're not JUST some stereotypical magic-savvy race. It was once suggested that Newmen get a temporary "combat boost" ability that, like the Nanoblast, charges up as the Newman does and takes damage, then drains slowly back to nil when activated.

Although if it did happen, I'd like to see it so that it could be activated whenever, even if it's not filled all the way. That way the Newman wouldn't have to worry about holding back for "the right moment" like CASTs and Beasts have to.

maybe something that increases their movement/attack animation speed, EVP and gives them an added damage boost when performing Exact/Just Counters during that time.

As far as humans, while that one suggestion for Megiddo--the PS2/4 Megid--would be interesting and a great callback to the days of the classic series, I'm not convinced it should be a commonly available ability. Wasn't Megid restricted to the main character of both games, even though other humans could be in the party in both cases?

I'm a little more partial to the idea of humans getting some kind of "Adrenaline Rush" similar to the newman combat boost I mentioned earlier, but I have a different take on the idea. Call it "Second Wind" or "Human Courage" or "Inner Fire" or something. My take: Have it be a chargeable special ability like Nanoblast and that combat boost idea (with the same spin that it could be activated whenever), except that when used, it dramatically boosts STA and CHR.

Sounds lame? Maybe, but it'd be a great way to emphasize a temporary boost in one of the few things the other races don't get an edge on Humans over.

goldbrease
Jun 3, 2008, 04:37 AM
super suv's at higher levels? since suv's are an item you equip i'm having a hard time figuring out how this would work unless you want them to make you buy badges that cost even more and that means you couldn't use a b rank suv till level 5 and an a till 80 and an s till 130 an then at 180 you can buy a final badge which will let you use white star13-15 suv's.

or they would make it were the high power suvs were selected like nano blasts.

higher level nano forms i like the idea of for beats but it would probably be the same for beasts as casts somewhat. you would need to buy more expensive tatoos and there then differn't looks you wouldn't change any. except mabe become large and beefy. i see it now, level 200 tatoo attack nano blast, your so large you could go full out wrestling with any of the games bosses.

newmans and summoning is good idea.

humans and adrenalin rushes? wha? since we can probably be flung around still, i think it would need to be something like you become invulnerable, all stats increase significantly, you can not be effected but status effects, nocked away or onto the ground, your strike range/ spell explosion blast effects and increased significantly and you can strike all targets in your range. PAs also use no pp during the effect.

Rambo!
Jun 3, 2008, 06:13 AM
This debate has been going on since the game was made in any case Photon blast would work well but also humans since they are the best at multi class should receive additional pa slots so they can train more different types of pa's. Or sega could just remove the 30 pa restriction and all would be happy

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2008, 06:20 AM
I'd much rather have something like a free 30 seconds of acrospeed for my newman than crappy summons, especially if it stacks with the boost acro and master classes already have.

That said, I doubt it'll happen.

redroses
Jun 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
I got this idea while watching the PSUPortable trailer.
What about some kind of suit for humans (which they can first buy/equip on lv20), that they also wear instead of their underwear, that powers their ATP and DFP for about 30 seconds?
I think that would be a really neat Idea, and their would be three different suits. One which gives more ATP, the other gives more DFP and the last one equals both out.

For newmans I don't have no real Idea, I don't really want them to have a clichè ability (like summons (which just don't work IMO in PSU)or some super TECHNICs). So no idea what to give them.

Aumi
Jun 3, 2008, 11:33 AM
If you ask me, then humans should get the PB. They could probably get a MAG as extra slot. As for numans--they could get some sort of hyper-tech. Or they could get an elemental form, which allows to use 4 techs of the element in a greatly powered-up form. Naturally there would be nothing like 'ice on ice is bad'.

Lyric
Jun 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'd be happy with badass crea weaponry instead of the toys we have currently >_>

ErtaiClou
Jun 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
Official response
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2008/05/19/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-psu-gm/

That's disgraceful. They have the audacity to say that to a community of players trying to get feedback? They got themselves into that mess by making themselves sparse in the first place and then again by keeping the one person in the standby area that everyone either has blacklisted or is blacklisted by. Until they make their GM support program more frequent, they should use a little more discretion. Not everyone can post their comments on the official site.

And back on topic I don't see what's wrong with giving humans and newmans some kind of speed boost or komatose photon shield or what not. It seems a little odd that my cast and beast have a much easier time on the TA.

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2008, 01:00 PM
As it stands the racial abilities are really poor balancing, seeing as the races that have them already have better stats to start with.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
As it stands the racial abilities are really poor balancing, seeing as the races that have them already have better stats to start with.

This.

Ken_Silver
Jun 3, 2008, 01:17 PM
I see no problem with giving Newmans the Photon Blasts of PSO. Either do that, or give them access to "Powerful Technics" that work like SUV's, but with Magic. After all, they are supposed to have a high mental state which in theory would allow them to use spells that the other classes can't do. That way, Newmans have something special and aren't outdone by other classes in almost every other way.

As for humans, they shouldn't get anything since they are the balanced class. HOWEVER, the Crea weapons that exist shouldn't be total and complete crap and Crea weapons should stay human exclusive. The crea weapons should allow the humans to "compete" in the area in which the weapon they are using. For example: using a Crea Rifle would give them the base accuracy of a Cast while it is equipped, a Crea Sword puts them on par with a Beast's base power and the like with a Crea Wand and a Newman.

Of course, these rare weapons would not be drops but rewards gained through a new system, similar to frags and PA's. Or you could just use the frag system. :D

That way, every class stays balanced and each class has an advantage that would draw new people to the less popular classes.

I don't see a downside to this.

r00tabaga
Jun 3, 2008, 01:26 PM
Newman's-------> Photon Blast
Human's--------> able to use Ratis or Sato's as an extra slotted MAG for stat
bonuses......or.......
being able to use Musashi's if hunter type, Dark Bridge if force type,
and Heaven's Punisher for ranger type.

r00tabaga
Jun 3, 2008, 01:28 PM
actually, I like Ken Silver's idea the best so far!

Akaimizu
Jun 3, 2008, 01:58 PM
Ken's is interesting. It would put a lot of emphasis on Crea Weapons as well. Given them Base abilities of another wouldn't be bad because while they wouldn't be as great as the original, it gives them the ability to be a high average of what that weapon specializes in, at the cost of not being able to get that specialization at the same time.

How that balances out, would have to be figured out in the details, though.

I also like the idea that someone else posted, in which the presence of a human being a boost to the party. Maybe, unlocking the ability for the entire party to utilize Photon Blasts like before, but they wont get them unless a human is in the party. This would have to be way late game, though. Monsters are so not ready for Photon Blasts at this time. Too weak.

However, it would shake the aspect of the game that tends to not favor humans for speed runs and puts them into perspective that while the human doesn't get anything really great for themselves, people will feel even better about inviting a human to party for an unlocked ability.

Plenty of Newman suggestions, too. Though just a tech version of a SUV seems a bit too-close to an SUV for my thoughts. While it isn't a complaint; It's no surprise to see beast beast, cast cast, beast beast, in the majority of speed runs in the game. Though technically, the way the game is balanced now. No race really needed a *room clearing* special.

ChaosAngel92
Jun 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
Someone quite a while (it should be on the topics linked above) suggested that Humans would be able to "copy" the other "limits" of the races. Any of it previously used. And so on. I cant quite remeber what was the whole idea but it was basicly that.