PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

lolURISH
Jun 2, 2008, 11:14 PM
1. Is Fortegunner's Majerra good? I know "Good" is a pretty big gap, but I'm curious if only being able to use A-Rank Spears and Majerra capping at level 30 still works through a crowd as easily as as a Ff could.

I used to play FFXI(final fantasy 11 @.@) and was a dragoon on that, so spears are kinda my thing. I just dont want to go Ff because I prefer wide spread versitility. I'm sorry but in my opinion knowing when to back away from the front lines and not becoming a burden towards others is important.

2. How exactly does PT work? is it just a scaled down Ff with traps? or do they eventually rival other classes? I currently only see them as support tbh. not having a high enough dps to consider them anything more than a support class just seems kind of weird when everything in this game has some sort of aspect they truly excel in.(I realize Pt's excel in traps but if thats it then I kinda lose interest)

3. Since Pt are S-Rank in just about everything they touch, do their stats take a big hit? like maybe only bows, then guns, then melee later on?

Thank you! and I hope I didnt offend anyone, I really haven't played this game that much, And I'm trying to plot out what Battle-Type I'll be in the future

JAFO22000
Jun 2, 2008, 11:27 PM
1. Try Fighgunner. You will be able to be less of a liability with spears than a Fortegunner, with the versitility to use guns at a distance if necessary.

2. PTs are awesome! Traps are the biggest reason, but their diverse pallette is an asset as well. They can use spears as well, so you may want to try this class instead of FiG. Their stats start out low, but get much better in later levels.

3. PTs aren't the "best" at anything, but they do well in many aspects. Those who I've known who have tried this class have enjoyed it.

pikachief
Jun 2, 2008, 11:28 PM
Majjara on a FG isnt HORRIBLE, but it isnt AMAZING either, its ok.

PT's never actually get BETTER than FG or PT, but their fun classes and do a lot of food damage with traps and their not that bad at lvl 20 :)

PTs never let u not use a certain weapon. what u see there is what you'll get the entire time u play PT

lolURISH
Jun 2, 2008, 11:40 PM
I thought Fg might be a way to go, but I don't like the thought of S-Ranking in Double Sabers, seems like wasted space to me (mind you I never really liked double sabers, or swords.) And they get a bad rap if i remember correctly. and I dealt with that enough as a dragoon.
75 levels(thats the cap in FFXI) of "lolDRG. your not taking that job srsly r u?" kinda got annoying. not to mention waiting DAYS for endgame invites didnt really fly too well either.

I was thinking Pro Transer maybe as long as they weren't purely support. and did offer some soloability. Not to mention I like the idea of not being totally screwed by Onmagoug and De Ragan simply because they stay out of my primary weapons range for more than 1/4 the fight. But how does a Bows dps stack against a Rifle? are they identical or does the bow lack?

and can Pt use any support skills like Resta? The reason why i ask if because as far as a I know Bows are MST based.

pikachief
Jun 2, 2008, 11:53 PM
Bows are not MST based, bows used to be better than rifles not rifles are better, and i can solo things like 2-4 min slower as PT than FG >.>

oh noes true darkness takes me 10 min as PT :P

lolURISH
Jun 3, 2008, 12:00 AM
Odd I just watched a Pt doing True Darkness S2 on youtube.

now that I've seen the traps in action on PSU I realize how far they've come from the shitty little things in PSO1&2.

I think protranser may be my choice. thanks!

pikachief
Jun 3, 2008, 12:02 AM
my! those noob questions were ridiculous! lol jk :)

np now i must go to bed for a am ill :( GNight! :D

Astarin
Jun 3, 2008, 12:09 AM
Giant block of text incoming!

1. Fortegunner does fine with Spears/Majarra, as long as you're just using it as backup (ie, on bullet-resistant enemies). It's not great for your main source of damage as a FG, but it's a good fall-back. If you're looking to use primarily spears, consider one of the hunter types instead.

Oh, and Fortegunner gets level 20 skills, not level 30.

2/3. It's more like a combination of Fortefighter and Fortegunner, really. Their stats are somewhere in between. Better HP and ATP than FG, but less than FF. Lower ATA than both. Lower DFP than both, but more MST. It's not a purely support role, as Protranser gets a lot of heavy, damaging weapons. But you'll do best if you learn when to use your (extremely damaging) EX traps.

It's worth noting that their stats do take a huge hit, at first. From level 1 until about, level 5 or so, they are the worst class in the game, stat wise. The level up bonuses become quite large, so you really need to level up the Protranser class to get anything out of it.

For example, the HP modifier starts at 50% (at PT level 1) and goes up to a whopping 140% (at PT level 20). The other stats generally go up by leaps and bounds too. Your weaponry might be a bit limited in the lower levels, simply because you don't have high enough stats to equip anything decent. So while they're never match a FF in melee, or a FG in ranged combat, they do both quite well, and have a lot of very fun weapons.

No, PT cannot use any technics. And Bows aren't MST based, they use ATP and ATA just like a Rifle. As for Bow versus Rifle... they fill the same role. But Rifles fire slightly faster, have higher element damage (I think), and cause knockdown over level 31. Bow bullets, on the other hand, level much (much, MUCH) faster, and can hit some enemies for higher damage, because they ignore any defensive stats/buffs on the enemy target. (PT can only use Bows anyway, though, so meh)

Any other questions? I really like my Protranser, because he lets me use the coolest weapons of a Fortefighter and a Fortegunner in one package. They're fun to play, but do require a lot of love to get past the initially terrible stats.

lolURISH
Jun 3, 2008, 12:24 AM
I almost fainted from text exhaustion. lol

and as far as the whole "love the job" thing goes. I got my cookie hat for Dragoon(read: put up with the other cocky DD type jobs), so if i love Pt like i loved Dragoon then that wont be a problem.

thank you for all your advice Asterin! I'm sure when I start playing (in either August or November due to Basic Training and/or AIT inhibiting my availability) I'll be excited as all hell to get Pt lol. as for now, I have to retain my anxiousness and just sit in quite anticipation (read: 25 push-ups for every time i day dream!)

and that'll be a lot! lol