PDA

View Full Version : True Darkness tips.

insaine2k
Jun 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
My main is a 130 beast FF (and just about maxed in about 4 other classes) and STILL has trouble soloing True Darkness S2. The Gazoran's just molest me with fire even with a 34% fire Serafi-senba and either a Legless Rainbow or Orpad Guard. Could anyone please offer me some tips to make this mission much less of a hassle?

Schubalts
Jun 3, 2008, 12:16 PM
Leave the scapedolls at home and forget about getting an S rank is my advice.

Sekani
Jun 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
1. Learn to use Trimates.

2. Level up your PAs. I can't figure out how the Gaozorans are living long enough to give you trouble, two or three full combos from just about anything should be enough to kill them at your level.

pikachief
Jun 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
yea the gaozorans usually kill me fast on my gunner, so i learned to kill them..... FASTER :D

lol anyways, Try Fuka or diaga misaki. Freezing them helps :P

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
Leave the scapedolls at home and forget about getting an S rank is my advice.not possible to s rank solo though.You need scapes!!!!!

panzer_unit
Jun 3, 2008, 12:31 PM
Bogga Danga is my anti-gao move. You can knock one or two targets down pretty quickly, and use the dive on something else to also knock it down.

Neith
Jun 3, 2008, 12:44 PM
- Get a Freeze / Resist so you can stay close to the Gaozorans. Gibarta is a pain otherwise.
- Don't just hack at the nearest Gaozoran- try and keep an eye on which you've been hitting.
- Abuse knock-down/knock-back/knock-up PA's to their maximum if you're soloing. A Gaozoran on its back is useless.

I solo this mission, more than is probably healthy. I use a Fortegunner now, since it's much easier for me (Paradi Cataract annihilates the 3x Gao spawn, or leaves them on low enough HP so that one or two shotgun bullets kill). As a Fortefighter, I used Majarra for most of the mission, but on the 3x Gao spawn, Majarra if they were all close together only.

If they split up (which they usually do), I used a Fuka-Misaki (10* Yohmei Twin Claws) with Renzan Seidan-ga. The damage output is nice, and the Freeze SE worked a surprising amount. A frozen Gaozoran is a useless one, and also one less throwing Foie at you.

Aside from that, just watch for the black swirls around the cane of a Gaozoran- seeing that will give you a second or so to dodge.

Finally, ditch the Orpad / Guard- use your body slot for either:
- Freeze / Resist (nullifying the annoying part of Gibarta)
- Stun / Resist (for Fakis' meteor attack)
- Legsless / Rainbow (for general damage resistance)

That's my input anyway, Ive done the mission a lot as a fF, but other people use different tactics.

HELLBOT
Jun 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
My main is a 130 beast FF (and just about maxed in about 4 other classes) and STILL has trouble soloing True Darkness S2. The Gazoran's just molest me with fire even with a 34% fire Serafi-senba and either a Legless Rainbow or Orpad Guard. Could anyone please offer me some tips to make this mission much less of a hassle?

okay get a gudda hon (20%+ light highley recommended) get a PA skill Bogga Robado (75 pa's) get it to 21 and it demolishes everything.

also an axe/Spear (redda/majaraa) helps alot also you at least need 2 light weps 1 for clearing crowds and one for dulk falkis

Clunker
Jun 3, 2008, 01:09 PM
I've been using a 16% fire Stormline + Freeze Resist, and I take about 540 damage from their freeze attack... using a 130 level/Acrotecher 9 CAST.

Sad part is, even when I using Burn Resist with that same armor, I take MORE damage from their Foie (around 900pts).

SO, get a Freeze Resist, and point-blank 'em with your best multi hit combo. You'll take less damage from the "elemental penalty" from the Ice attack, and moderate the occasional Foie that hits.

Also, if you can switch to a Shadoog capable class, use a sonichi with your best multi-hitting 1hand PA. The knockdown effect from the sonichi is a godsend vs. the Gaos.

Hrith
Jun 3, 2008, 01:20 PM
Assault Crush is the fastest way to kill a Gaozoran when playing Fortefighter.

Most PAs will work for the other monsters (avoid Bogga Danga, Splendor Crush and Renzan Seidan-ga at all costs, and you're fine).

Avoid maps with Jusnaguns, they're just too annoying when you're FF.

Abuse Anga Jabroga on boss, if you don't have that (you should, anyway), other good Dulk Fakis killers are Cross Hurricane, Ikk Hikk, Hishou Jinren-zan, Senten Kanzan-ga and Spinning Break.

pikachief
Jun 3, 2008, 01:22 PM
I've been using a 16% fire Stormline + Freeze Resist, and I take about 540 damage from their freeze attack... using a 130 level/Acrotecher 9 CAST.

Sad part is, even when I using Burn Resist with that same armor, I take MORE damage from their Foie (around 900pts).

SO, get a Freeze Resist, and point-blank 'em with your best multi hit combo. You'll take less damage from the "elemental penalty" from the Ice attack, and moderate the occasional Foie that hits.

Also, if you can switch to a Shadoog capable class, use a sonichi with your best multi-hitting 1hand PA. The knockdown effect from the sonichi is a godsend vs. the Gaos.

thats just cuz their foie kills everything in 3-5 hits lol

sKOsiris
Jun 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
I can do this run solo in 7-9min with any map pattern i get.
This is what character i have to solo and equipment i use if it helps.
Lv130 Female Cast/Fortefighter(20)
oh and i dont use slicers either and dont need them ^_~, i use either dus majarra or dus robado and Majarra is at Lv40 so im using dus robado at the moment and still clearing it fast which is Lv38. im using 30light mugunruk. and i bring vahra claw 46% light 4/10 using the PA from the store which 36k forgot what the move is called, but its the one u shoot a ball at the end and its lv32 i use this move on Gao, Dilnazen, and Batz. and lastly ank pikor 46%light 6/10 using Jabroga which is lv38 and i can kill group of 5 enemies with 1 timed attack correctly around 5400dmg using hard power charge. and for the last 3 Gao i use my SUV Paradi and they die from 1 SUV so i dont even have to fight them since the SUV does like 4800dmg every hit, thats one the reason i can clear that last room fast. otherwise i spend like 2-4min fighting them 3. and for the boss i just use jabroga on his tail and twin claw PA on his face or gravity break eh the move is only lv27(hard to level)42%light huge cutter or ikk hick 50%light gudda gant on his chest. and thats about it, i have this mission very planned out and easy to solo thx to the SUV, which i can get it up twice in the run and basically clear the last mob of enemies in both blocks. hope that helped.

pikachief
Jun 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
I can do this run solo in 7-9min with any map pattern i get.

me too :D except mine is a FG D:

I just spam my light shotgun :( Im so lame >.< *walks out of the room*

sKOsiris
Jun 3, 2008, 01:43 PM
me too :D except mine is a FG D:

I just spam my light shotgun :( Im so lame >.< *walks out of the room*

thats good at least u have 1 PA u can use on anything, and dont have to worry about using different striking PA's like 4-6 and weapons and high % as well. ive never beaten this mission in 6min maybe if i had slightly better equipment and maxed out striking PA's.

pikachief
Jun 3, 2008, 01:45 PM
i know i was just kidding :P the shotgun also confuses. A confused Goazoran cant hurt u with magic! :D

I would use confuse traps but they only last a few seconds :/

shadowsniper6
Jun 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
so it would be better to have maxed out "Photon Arts"? or high % weapons and armor ? i know both would be perfect but yeah

pikachief
Jun 3, 2008, 01:55 PM
higher lvled PAs would help, what PAs do u use?

Neith
Jun 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
Abuse Anga Jabroga on boss, if you don't have that (you should, anyway), other good Dulk Fakis killers are Cross Hurricane, Ikk Hikk, Hishou Jinren-zan, Senten Kanzan-ga and Spinning Break.

I tried using Jabroga on Fakis. I prefer using Majarra on him, as I found I was getting interrupted far too often with Jabroga (from the tail swipes).

Senten though? I know it's a relatively good PA, but I can't see it being worth using on Fakis, compared to something like Majarra, or various other PA's...

shadowsniper6
Jun 3, 2008, 01:59 PM
higher lvled PAs would help, what PAs do u use?

well i dont go near that mission yet no dark armor and im leveling all the striking "PAs" im not really ready for that mission alone yet

panzer_unit
Jun 3, 2008, 02:32 PM
Most PAs will work for the other monsters (avoid Bogga Danga, Splendor Crush and Renzan Seidan-ga at all costs, and you're fine).

For the post-MAG Fortefighter, which PA to use depends entirely on your total ATP and available weapons. Pick whatever's fastest to do the amount of damage required to totally kill the various monsters you're fighting. Even awesome PA's like Majarra are slowing you down if you only need 1 or 2 hits from the second move to take a monster out.

Renzan works great for my Cast on midsize monsters, the first two moves will wipe one out... if there's a second monster handy I can do the first 2 moves to kill one, and kill the other just with the first PA move on my next attack.

Hrith
Jun 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
I tried using Jabroga on Fakis. I prefer using Majarra on him, as I found I was getting interrupted far too often with Jabroga (from the tail swipes).

Senten though? I know it's a relatively good PA, but I can't see it being worth using on Fakis, compared to something like Majarra, or various other PA's...All the PAs I listed will outdamage Dus Majarra on that boss.

Why wouldn't Senten Kanzan-ga work? it hits three targets on the second part and for huge damage. It's also very fast, so you're more likely to land all hits before the boss decides to go the other side of the room.
Hitting a lot of targets on that boss is fine and all, but only one (or two, I forgot) parts will take full melee damage.

For the post-MAG Fortefighter, which PA to use depends entirely on your total ATP and available weapons. Pick whatever's fastest to do the amount of damage required to totally kill the various monsters you're fighting. Even awesome PA's like Majarra are slowing you down if you only need 1 or 2 hits from the second move to take a monster out.

Renzan works great for my Cast on midsize monsters, the first two moves will wipe one out... if there's a second monster handy I can do the first 2 moves to kill one, and kill the other just with the first PA move on my next attack.No, some PAs just suck to no end, no matter what.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 3, 2008, 05:23 PM
A beast should be able to kill Fakis with one nano, at that level. Or at least take out 90% of his HP.

Schubalts
Jun 3, 2008, 06:08 PM
not possible to s rank solo though.You need scapes!!!!!

I was talking about the reward rank.

Scottbot
Jun 3, 2008, 06:09 PM
how come nobody has mentioned lvl 40 Light rifle bullets, that combined wiv shifta and a upgraded blackbull and i'm doin it in a pretty good time at only lvl 99. the knockdown take care of things charging at u.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 3, 2008, 06:16 PM
I was talking about the reward rank.

And it's impossible to get an S while solo in that mission, like he said >_>

Schubalts
Jun 3, 2008, 06:44 PM
And it's impossible to get an S while solo in that mission, like he said >_>

Which is why I said don't bring any dolls. :-?

beatrixkiddo
Jun 3, 2008, 06:46 PM
Spending 5000 is worth not having to run all the way back :yes:

Schubalts
Jun 3, 2008, 06:55 PM
That's what gate crystals are for! :)

a-NUB-is
Jun 3, 2008, 06:55 PM
I can do an S2 on my CAST Fighgunner in under 15 minutes. I suggest that You get a very good light weapon for your best PA and use that. Also, I use my machine gun on the Gaozorans but in the last block I save my Paradi Cataract for the three that spawn, which tends to kill them all.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 3, 2008, 07:03 PM
That's what gate crystals are for! :)

I'd still rather pay 5000 than run all the way ;p

Niloklives
Jun 3, 2008, 07:32 PM
how come nobody has mentioned lvl 40 Light rifle bullets, that combined wiv shifta and a upgraded blackbull and i'm doin it in a pretty good time at only lvl 99. the knockdown take care of things charging at u.

cause lvling rifle bullets sucks...and this is more advice for a FF than a FG

Schubalts
Jun 3, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'd still rather pay 5000 than run all the way ;p

That's because you is lazy. Layzee. :disapprove:

beatrixkiddo
Jun 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
No, I'd rather save the time. I don't have all day!

Jacob X
Jun 4, 2008, 07:04 AM
when using my cast i use nthing more than my pallet of machine guns(not glitching) i hit around 6-700 damage and rerely use more than 5 before im at dulk and whats even funnier is i hit 3-600 to him with machine guns so he dies in a matter of minutes lol i cant see why people have such a problem with him its not like he can do much to you that a trimate can't fix lol

get a stun resist for his meteor and be ready with trimates and sol atomizers this guy used to scare me and my friends but now he is just 2 funny lol 5minute runs if we take our time lol

Eleina
Jun 4, 2008, 07:44 AM
All the PAs I listed will outdamage Dus Majarra on that boss.Rofl. No just no

Neith
Jun 4, 2008, 07:52 AM
Senten will hit what, 2 or 3 targets, probably hitting the parts which take full melee damage (face and centre torso).

Majarra hits those, and each arm. Senten comes out faster, but I'd still rather use Majarra for the number of targets I can reliably hit. Majarra's main damage part takes a little while to come out, but it's certainly not slow either.

I guess I can try Senten later ( I have it decently leveled, to about 28 or so), and see how long it takes me to down Fakis compared to Majarra.

Rambo!
Jun 4, 2008, 08:44 AM
get one of your friends to run with you and have them be protranser.

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 10:21 AM
Rofl. No just noComing from you, that means I'm right, so thanks.

Senten will hit what, 2 or 3 targets, probably hitting the parts which take full melee damage (face and centre torso).

Majarra hits those, and each arm. Senten comes out faster, but I'd still rather use Majarra for the number of targets I can reliably hit. Majarra's main damage part takes a little while to come out, but it's certainly not slow either.

I guess I can try Senten later ( I have it decently leveled, to about 28 or so), and see how long it takes me to down Fakis compared to Majarra.Dus Majarra only hits two targets, you know that?
Dus Majarra is slow, by the way, the speed at which the character attacks does not mean the entire animation is short -- at all.

Dus Majarra will hit for 185x6 + 210x8, third part is useless = 2790
Senten Kanzan-ga will hit 210x4 + 440x3 = 2160

Senten is twice as fast, you do the maths.
Senten Kanzan-ga is still faster even if you JA its first part, and don't JA the first part of Dus Majarra.

Senten is also more likely to finish before the boss runs away, like I said.
JA is also much easier (female) and much faster on Senten than on Majarra.

dc534
Jun 4, 2008, 11:10 AM
Here is my FiG setup:

Armor:
46% dark Delette Line and a 46% fire Crimson Line

Units:
Cati power
Legsless rainbow and Stun resist (for the boss)
Hard Hp Restore and Hard Stamina

Even with the Fire armor fireballs still hit me for 560 and crit for like 800s

My strategy is just kill before being killed and thats about it.

Oh and since you are a fighter get some moves that will knock gaozorans down on first swing, for example rising crush.

DarkEliteRico
Jun 4, 2008, 11:15 AM
Confusion has saved my butt many times doing solo or small group runs there. It makes the damage they'd do to you with technics a nice fat 0, and sometimes they'll actually damage others instead of you.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 4, 2008, 11:58 AM
I can blow through TD S2 in like, 15-18 minutes (counting the Fakis fight, 7-10 if I'm just Agito hunting) and I'm a Human Acrofighter. With ice armor. ^^;

Virus Trap G absolutely destroys the Gaozorans, couple that with a PA that quickly knocks them down (I use sabers so Rising Strike for me) and you should be able to handle them solo relatively easy.

CeruleanWitch
Jun 4, 2008, 12:56 PM
Make sure your NPCs are your line shields.

jayster
Jun 4, 2008, 11:02 PM
I did this in 10mins today on my cast fortegunner. The only wep I used the whole mission was a crossbow with yak zagenga, i even used it on the boss lol. Oh and paradi cataract, maybe I can do the mission faster once I level up my light bullets?

Cry0
Jun 5, 2008, 02:15 AM
I dunno, i do the same thing and find it to be pretty easy...

My setup is a serafi-senba, 26 dark, with frz resist, cati hit, hp restore and gi/magic.

weapons, invest in a high light muktrand and majarra. a light axe with jabroga will help, on boss and spawns that spawn a good distance away from you. for the gaos use fuka-misaki with renzan seiden ga. it owns. assault crush works too, if you got it. rising crush would prove to be helpful on some enemies too. on the boss just use majarra 'n jabroga.

You're going to have to use trimates, but you hv lots of hp, once it gets under 1000, use a trimate. 20 is more then enough for one run (unless u suxxors). also, using defbaride will prevent some enmies from knocking u over with certain attacks. not always though. personally, i use agtarides and zodiarides, for a more efficient damage output, but defbaride cn make it easier. If you don't mind the drain, megistaride's the best, though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 5, 2008, 03:01 AM
Yea if your a beast....you will do so much damage to him especially when he is upside down when you can hit his face. When im on my lvl130 Beast FF. I hit bout 2.5 or about 3k per hit...(i think). It close....so like beattrixkiddo said....he should be somewhat almost done.....and if your soloing, you can get a S anyway since you need 3 people to get into that other room.(along with that room in block 1)