PDA

View Full Version : Is Absolute Dance REALLY worth it?

a-NUB-is
Jun 3, 2008, 06:40 PM
I have level 40 Gravity Dance and I absolutely love it. I have it to where I can acquire a just attack almost every time. I was told recently that Absolute Dance was the best weapon PA for the Double Sabers and I had to find out for myself. I underwent the agonizing task of leveling Absolute Dance in Plains Overlord and finally reached level 11. It IS very powerful on the first attack, but the second part of hit doesn't hit very many times and it also doesn't have the power I look for. In my opinion, these are the pros and cons of each weapon PA.

Pros:
ABSOLUTE DANCE:
350%+ attack power - its POWERFUL.
Hits a rather large group of enemies.

GRAVITY DANCE:
Very familiar PA for me.
Decent damage - with the just hits I range from the first part, 1000ish, to the second part, 1300ish, to the last part 4400ish.
Fantastic Accuracy! I am a CAST male and I NEVER miss with this.

Cons:
ABSOLUTE DANCE:
Unfamiliar PA to me.
Starts Slowly.
GRAVITY DANCE:
Power isn't comparable to ABSOLUTE DANCE.
The beginning two parts are relatively weak but the third part of the attack hits hard.

I do not have Absolute Dance leveled nearly as high as Gravity, but I want to know what you guys think. Also, how is the PA once it is higher? Is the third part worth it? How many enemies does it hit?

Hope the format of my questions are readable!

Thanks,
Anubis

Zorafim
Jun 3, 2008, 06:54 PM
You're aware of the importance of damage over time compared to damage per second, right? From what I've heard, Absolute Dance is looked down upon due to its huge speed issues.
And, um, level Spiral Dance. That's the staple double saber PA because of its versatility and its decent damaging applications.

a-NUB-is
Jun 3, 2008, 06:57 PM
Thats exactly why I have been using Gravity Dance this whole time. My job as a Fighgunner is to hit multiple people and tick off damage so the heaver hitters have a cleaner shot at taking the enemy down in a single combo. I was just wondering if the PA gets better and speed increases as you go along, level 31 does have a speed boost doesn't it?

Niloklives
Jun 3, 2008, 07:19 PM
ew no...fight gunner power output is high. not as good as FF, but its got the second highest ATP mod of the advanced classes. the point is not to tick off damage. its light weapon use.. doublesabers, twin sabers, twin daggers, with moderate heavy weapon usage, using the versatility of guns and traps to flesh it out.

as a fighgunner your job is to give a FF a run for his money. fravity dance is a poor choice for a PA and absolute dance is a worse choice for a PA. get Spiral and learn to use it. trust me as a person who calls himself a top class fighgunner and a fighgunner who frowns on the noobs who think the double saber is the reason to play the damned class.

pick PAs that do good fast damage and keep the enemy off its feet. I play fighgunner to hit hard from all sides and stayy out of harms way by being right in the enemy's face. the people who play with me know what I'm talking about.

each Pa you use should have a purpose...should be picked wih a certain combat situation in mind. you'll see once you've gained more personal experience

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 3, 2008, 07:27 PM
Get Jabroga silly...=)

Oh wait....nevermind

Ryudo
Jun 3, 2008, 08:05 PM
Absolute Dance is far and away the best PA for doubles, it's often better to use just the first and second part of the combo for speed though

Macras
Jun 3, 2008, 08:34 PM
from my experience, the double sabers PAs from most useful to least useful is Spiral Dance, Gravity Dance, Tornado Dance. i havent bothered with absolute dance.

reasoning:
Spiral Dance is more useful due to the fact the first 3 hits are quick, and also knock enemies down. the second combo knocks the enemy down then kocks them away. the third combo has a delay before it, and should only really be used as needed, but basically a windup followed by a heavy 3hit rush attack.

Gravity dance hits quite a few targets and does some good damage. my only issues with it is the fact thats last combo is a single hit and it can be interrupted by nearby monsters.

Tornado Dance is only very useful against large targets. if used correctly, you can keep a large target stunned while flying around it like a propeller.

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2008, 08:37 PM
Absolute dance's second hit is pretty awesome, the hard part is not giving up on it before then, the first part is slow and misses a lot.

ashley50
Jun 3, 2008, 09:24 PM
Short answer...
YES.

SonicTMP
Jun 3, 2008, 09:54 PM
Absolute dance is all about timing. Leanring when to windup makes big differance. And like any other PA the damage will improve as you level it. 2sd part of AD is lousy at first but itt ramps up quite alot. 183-300% from 11-40.

It's not the best PA for everything. Likewise gravity is a good all purpose but its weak compaired to the other PA. Sprial is weak the first couple hits but the last part is very powerful. But it requires learning how to purposely miss the kick in the 2sd part so mobs don't go flying.

Tornado dance is also a situational skill. Versus large sized enemies it can make them flinch. Great for solo or group paly. It sends smaller stuff flying which makes it annoying in a party.

A good player of any class can and will make use of all the PA's for their favorite weapon type. It just takes some pratice and patience to get the feel for what to use and where to use it.

CeruleanWitch
Jun 3, 2008, 10:17 PM
I'd have to go with Spiral Dance as the "best" Double Saber PA. It's fast and it does a decent amount of damage.

Realmz
Jun 3, 2008, 10:43 PM
playing with Spiral Dance and Gravity dance here's how i see them.

Spiral Dance is a good controlling PA, every attack with it knocks down or knocks back. Turn around with the kick to knock those baddies coming up behind you out of the way, then spin into the guys you were attacking before.

Gravity Dance is more of an all purpose, hurt everything around you attack. The first two hits do nice damage to the enemies you hit, and they're pretty fast, you'll probably get them off so long as some ranged jerk doesn't muck things up. The last hit hit's harder and launches everything. Ending the attack with that lets you get in a couple of none PA hits before you really have to spin around all over again, or lets you start up another Dance early and just launch everything back up the moment they recover.

From what i've seen others using Tornado Dance...

it's a rather obnoxious skill. Please please please don't use this on the medium or small enemies, theres plenty worse things then watching the target you were whacking/shooting/casting at fly all the way across the room, but i can't think of anything more annoying. Save it for bigger damage on large mobs.

as with Absolute Dance, normally i'm not much of a fan of wind up time for attacks, tends to be why i can't get a handle on axes, i'll probably never use Absolute Dance because of the first attack being so slow to execute. But from what i've seen it's pretty powerful, so if thats what you want you might as well spend the Frags on it

CeruleanWitch
Jun 3, 2008, 10:52 PM
playing with Spiral Dance and Gravity dance here's how i see them.
From what i've seen others using Tornado Dance...

it's a rather obnoxious skill. Please please please don't use this on the medium or small enemies, theres plenty worse things then watching the target you were whacking/shooting/casting at fly all the way across the room, but i can't think of anything more annoying. Save it for bigger damage on large mobs.

Good thing I only use Tornado dance when I'm going up or down stairs.

Realmz
Jun 3, 2008, 10:57 PM
Good thing I only use Tornado dance when I'm going up or down stairs.

or that i suppose

Dein
Jun 3, 2008, 11:11 PM
I do not have Absolute Dance leveled nearly as high as Gravity, but I want to know what you guys think. Also, how is the PA once it is higher? Is the third part worth it? How many enemies does it hit?

Hope the format of my questions are readable!

Thanks,
Anubis

Absolute Dance, like you've already noticed at lvl 11, hits hard and grows well. If you stick with it till lvl 40 you'll be sitting at a 430% atp mod for the very first hit. The second part of Absolute dance starts off weak but around lvl 40 it's around 300% atp for each hit and considering that you hit 3 targets 4 times each it'll add up to be stronger than the first hit since it has more than half the attack power of the first part.

The last part of AD also starts off a little weaker than the initial hit of the PA but by 40 it'll be the strongest part of AD. It hits 4 targets 1 time and has a bit of a windup with knock back. Overall, when you're dealing with normal enemies you want to stick with the first two parts of AD as you can keep most enemies on their backs and together, making it easier to control them over other PAs like Spiral Dance, and you'll be able to rack up considerable damage on groups with AD+normal attacks. Against bosses and anything with multiple targets just go all out with the full combo on AD and you'll tear them apart pretty fast. If you learn how to deal with AD's windups you'll find it to be one of the overall best PAs for Double Sabers.

Maskim
Jun 3, 2008, 11:13 PM
Absolute Dance? I dig it.

Xefi
Jun 3, 2008, 11:54 PM
I am still in the process of getting Absolute Dance to 11; leveling this PA is painful and slow, but it's worth it if you dedicate yourself in leveling it.

Let's dance in the night. Tres Bien!

Freshellent
Jun 4, 2008, 12:25 AM
I find it hard to believe that your not missing with the last hit of Gravity Dance. Everytime I pull that PA out I see a nice big "0" on the last hit. It misses plenty. Unless your behind everything everytime you use it that is.

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 07:48 AM
Absolute Dance has the second highest DPS of all skills (after Anga Jabroga), and is therefore the most powerful Fighgunner attack.

Vent
Jun 4, 2008, 08:03 AM
Absolute Dance for boss killing and multi-box mobs. Spiral Dance for the rest.

Ever used Absolute Dance against a Svaltus? If you time it right you can stay out of its spinning attack range while winding up and do some nasty damage with the first and second hit.

Kizeragi
Jun 4, 2008, 04:52 PM
Absolute Dance for boss killing and multi-box mobs. Spiral Dance for the rest.

Ever used Absolute Dance against a Svaltus? If you time it right you can stay out of its spinning attack range while winding up and do some nasty damage with the first and second hit.

QFT.

This is about right, Spiral Dance I find as the "best" PA for Double Sabers, but really there's no best anything, It's the player that uses them.