PDA

View Full Version : The internet made a funny!

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2372

I've been a longtime fan of Sonic Team's Phantasy Star Online series ever since I got my hands on Phantasy Star Online for the gamecube, and I've waited for a long time for PSU to come out.

This game has so much to it that it's amazing. They've fixed about everything wrong with PSO and made the whole online experience much better then before.

*falls out of chair laughing* anyone else see something horribly wrong with what this guy wrote? PSU has fixed somethings, while others have gotten worse. longtime fan my ass!

Randomness
Jun 3, 2008, 07:28 PM
ROFL. The only thing PSU "fixed" imo is that camera control and movement are more fluid. PSO feels a little clunky by comparison, but thats about it.

Lance813
Jun 3, 2008, 07:30 PM
crap i know him...

from ragol.co.uk

lol, PSO > PSU

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 07:30 PM
the traps are batter in PSU and i like it that you can make your own weapons, beast mode is nice, but i will never forgive ST for getting rid of mags! also where did he get this long time fan crap?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 3, 2008, 07:31 PM
*curls up laughing*

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 07:32 PM
oh yeah and i forget, wasn't it sonic team that got rid of the offline multiplayer?, god forbid any of us have friends IRL!

Lance813
Jun 3, 2008, 07:37 PM
Offline split-screen made PSO for me.

I need to bug my friends into playing it with me again.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 3, 2008, 07:42 PM
Offline split-screen made PSO for me.

QFMFT

Merumeru
Jun 3, 2008, 07:47 PM
XD same on the offline multiplayer

was much a much better co-op experience than anything out now, and thats with people who've never even heard of the Phantasy Star series

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 07:48 PM
it was because of offline multiplayer that i got suckered into it, my neighbor was a PSO addict, and it was the only video game we played for months

Mixfortune
Jun 3, 2008, 08:07 PM
I don't get why the Gamecube part is bolded.
Sure it's not the first version, but it's still pretty old.

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 08:17 PM
hence why i bolded it, PSO 1 + 2 for a gamecube really isn't that old (atleast i don't think so... sure hope not cuz that means i'm starting to get old...)

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2008, 08:52 PM
Six years, Tal.

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 08:53 PM
O.O holy shit! that long?

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2008, 08:54 PM
Episode 1&2 came out in '02.

TalHex
Jun 3, 2008, 08:56 PM
suddenly i think i know how rip van wrinkle felt... but yet i guess it really was that long... i remember smash bros melee when it first came out and then the first GCN ads... i feel really old...

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 3, 2008, 10:22 PM
suddenly i think i know how rip van wrinkle felt... but yet i guess it really was that long... i remember smash bros melee when it first came out and then the first GCN ads... i feel really old...

Quit moaning, I remember the original Smash Bros. adds from the time where game adds were awesome.

Weeaboolits
Jun 3, 2008, 11:03 PM
I CAN'T SEE YOU LOVIN NOBODY BUT ME!

:wacko:

Shadowpawn
Jun 3, 2008, 11:47 PM
I have you all beat, I remember the mortal kombat ads when mortal kombat was kool.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 4, 2008, 01:16 AM
Quit moaning, I remember the original Smash Bros. adds from the time where game adds were awesome.

*raises hand*

I have you all beat, I remember the mortal kombat ads when mortal kombat was kool.

Darn old people. ;o

Nai_Calus
Jun 4, 2008, 07:04 AM
Fucking kids.

Retniwreven
Jun 4, 2008, 07:10 AM
You dang kids and your newfangled games. Back in MY day, this is what WE had to play with.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Tonberry_Parfait/intellivision_small.jpg

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2008, 12:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Odysseye2m.png

This one's autographed by Ralph Baer. :O

That must be really valuable.

TalHex
Jun 4, 2008, 12:49 PM

*sweat drop* i own the original... oldest game system i have is a GBC, heh the supernes was before i got into gaming but i did play it (my friend had one... yes the very same PSO addict... damn him)

Nai_Calus
Jun 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
I repeat: Fucking kids.

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
I had an NES, I wonder what happened to it. :(

I have a 2600 now though. :O

Wyndham
Jun 4, 2008, 01:50 PM
I had the DC version of PSO as of 7:30 PM the day it came out.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 4, 2008, 01:59 PM

I have a 2600 now though. :O

I had an NES.

It got taken when my mom and I were evicted. :rant:

Now the oldest thing I have is my trusty Genesis.

Feelmirath
Jun 4, 2008, 02:01 PM
*sweat drop* i own the original... oldest game system i have is a GBC, heh the supernes was before i got into gaming but i did play it (my friend had one... yes the very same PSO addict... damn him)

I sold mine the other day. >.>

Wyndham
Jun 4, 2008, 02:02 PM
I have 2 NESs in my house.

TalHex
Jun 4, 2008, 02:06 PM
I sold mine the other day. >.>

what your friend? that wasn't very nice

VanHalen
Jun 4, 2008, 03:34 PM

My mom had an NES. Her and my dad used to stay up late playing it and I used to watch. Though it started breaking down and mysteriously vanished(LOLDADTHREWITOUT!). Then again I'm lucky it did. If it didn't my parents would've never bought me a Sega Saturn .

Nai_Calus
Jun 4, 2008, 04:08 PM
The only game I've ever bought on release day was EpIII, because the one store in my city getting it was only getting as many copies as were pre-ordered.

There were four of them.

Lance813
Jun 4, 2008, 08:08 PM
i bought PSO GC the day it came out. my DC broke the week before it came it so i was more than ready

VanHalen
Jun 4, 2008, 09:49 PM
The only game I've ever bought on release day was EpIII, because the one store in my city getting it was only getting as many copies as were pre-ordered.

There were four of them.

I bought EPIII on release day also :o. Gamestop employee's looked at me stunned.

EDIT: Also PSU Ep1 on release day also. The guy almost didn't give me the game because he claimed it wasn't PSU. It said "Phantasy Star Universe" on the damn box.