PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Double Saber Pa?

Guru_Pitka_39
Jun 4, 2008, 12:08 AM
What's the fastest and all around best pa for double sabers.

Xefi
Jun 4, 2008, 12:11 AM
Gravity Dance would suit thee.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 4, 2008, 12:11 AM
Anga Jabroga. :wacko:

February
Jun 4, 2008, 12:15 AM
Gravity Dance would probably be what you're looking for.

Xefi
Jun 4, 2008, 12:19 AM

That's too slow & tis not double sabera; tis axus.

Freshellent
Jun 4, 2008, 12:21 AM
If you wanted all around best, the Spiral Dance would be it. In terms of fastest? Eh... Maybe your looking at the wrong weapon.

amtalx
Jun 4, 2008, 12:27 AM
Someone needs to say it: NOT TORNADO DANCE.

Window man
Jun 4, 2008, 12:27 AM

He said Double Saber, not Axe you Dumbass

Window man
Jun 4, 2008, 12:29 AM
That's too slow & tis not double sabera; tis axus.

Seriously, you guys a retarted.

Xefi
Jun 4, 2008, 12:30 AM

I'm very sure Chucky is joking; don't need to curse the dood.

Davot
Jun 4, 2008, 12:30 AM
Any decent Fighgunner would know For Speed and effectiveness Spiral Dance is the way to go.

Xefi
Jun 4, 2008, 12:32 AM

you have quite a rude attitude there friend. Anymore of your insults, and i will take it personally.

Coldbrand
Jun 4, 2008, 12:38 AM

Mario?

Chuck_Norris
Jun 4, 2008, 12:39 AM

I was obviously joking, Dumbass.

VERY nice first post by the way. *claps hands*

ashley50
Jun 4, 2008, 12:42 AM
someone's slow...
wait...he's the Dumbass as he did not know its a Joke

CeruleanWitch
Jun 4, 2008, 01:25 AM

No words can describe what I'm feeling, so have this:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/195/dcs10004ae7.jpg

ThaiSoup
Jun 4, 2008, 01:35 AM
Oh hell. Whats with all this double saber threads.(Spiral <3)

Zael
Jun 4, 2008, 01:36 AM
Absolute Dance.

Don't use the third part. The second part puts AD on top.

mvffin
Jun 4, 2008, 01:38 AM

said the pot to the kettle.

also,

SPIRAL DANCE.

How many spiral dance topics are necessary?

bLOODSAW
Jun 4, 2008, 02:12 AM
Seriously when people start talking about spiral dance i think of one of these...

http://www.samstoybox.com/toypics/SpirographBox.jpg

Maskim
Jun 4, 2008, 02:32 AM
I like absolute, cause it's just cool. The second hit needs a Bruce Lee style 'UUuuuuuuuuu-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'. If in a group the first hit's delay is no issue if you hang back a bit and start from a bit away instead on in the middle of the fray of mobs.

Spiral s a VERY good pa...but it's just not nearly flashy enough.

AerisZeal
Jun 4, 2008, 02:34 AM

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/JamesZeal/Random/Successfultroll.jpg

Maskim
Jun 4, 2008, 02:40 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/JamesZeal/Random/Successfultroll.jpg

Congratulations. Here is your Employee ID Badge, and your job site instruction manual. Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department.

dc534
Jun 4, 2008, 10:51 AM
I definetly would go with Spiral Dance, first part knocks down most creatures and although the second part kicks the creatures away you can learn to just miss with the second part of the kick. THe last part hits 3 times to to creatures for real serious damage.

I found that Absolute dance just is not really worth it, tornado is just as good against bosses, although i like what that guy said about Svaltus and AD.

To me none of the double saber Ultimate PAs are really worth the trouble of lvling. Then again I play FiG for S ranks Twin Daggers and Sabers.

Kylie
Jun 4, 2008, 10:57 AM
Spiral Dance. It does the most damage in the most situations.

sikotic_demon
Jun 4, 2008, 11:07 AM
im working on absolute dance right now and i have got spiral dance to lvl 38 (kinda why i bought absolute)..... in terms of looks i prefer absolute but fro a power move get spiral.

chaostroop3
Jun 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
TORNATO DANCE

amtalx
Jun 4, 2008, 12:25 PM
TORNATO DANCE

I hate you.

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 12:57 PM
Spiral Dance. It does the most damage in the most situations.Only if you cannot use the others.

Ryudo
Jun 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
Absolute Dance, Spiral Dance is for nubgunners who cant use AD right

ThaiSoup
Jun 4, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hrith is just awesome at making me laugh hahahah.

xEndrance
Jun 4, 2008, 02:19 PM
Tornado Dance is quick to level but cost 99 PA's and absolute dance is 50 PA's but takes forever to level =(

a-NUB-is
Jun 4, 2008, 03:13 PM
I prefer Gravity Dance. The first two parts are very fast and easy to control and do pretty solid damage if you can use just attacks. I LOVE it for the third part - when you really wind up with a good saber and pop a 4500+ on a monster(or monster(s)), to quote Cleveland from family guy, "Thats niiiiiiiiice".

Seority
Jun 4, 2008, 03:24 PM
Can someone please make a poll for this?
I'd REALLY like to know. Most people tell me all of them, or this does this and this does this. IS there a best one to start with???.

Kylie
Jun 4, 2008, 03:29 PM
Only if you cannot use the others.
I can, and they're all decent. But the others aren't as good in as many situations as spiral is. I can't speak so much for AD beyond what I've heard and observed though because I admit I haven't tried it myself yet (I haven't been fighgunner on my main since before the new skills came out, but I'll pick it up when I switch to FI to cap it and have the PA patch to satisfy my laziness).

Kizeragi
Jun 4, 2008, 04:48 PM
If your patient to PA level, get Absolute Dance.
Otherwise, get Spiral Dance. It's strong and is quite fast.

SonicTMP
Jun 4, 2008, 04:58 PM
Can someone please make a poll for this?
I'd REALLY like to know. Most people tell me all of them, or this does this and this does this. IS there a best one to start with???.

Poll won't do more than show off peopel's favorite PA.

To start with, use spiral. It's the first PA double sabers had online. It's a good all around PA with decent damage at all parts.

AD takes time and paitence to level.

Gravity is weak dmg but is a good circular.

Tornado knocksback small and medium sized mobs while fliniching large.

You really have to play with each one to find what you like. But starting double sabers? Spiral.

Seority
Jun 4, 2008, 05:03 PM
Hmms. Then could we make something like this?

Which PA is best for:
Mobs of small monsters?
Mobs of medium monsters?
One or two big monsters that have only 1 hit spot?
Monsters that have 2 hit spots?
Bosses?
Mixed mobs?

I know tornado is mainly good for speed runs and knocking back, and AD is great damage and just a bytch to level.
I'd make my own list, but I'm not familiar with Sprial nor Gravity. Just AD and Tornado for now.

Dragwind
Jun 4, 2008, 05:23 PM
I'd say they all have their uses, none in particular being the king-all. If one was best, there wouldn't be too much point in the others existing.

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 05:27 PM
Which PA is best for:
Mobs of small monsters?Gravity Dance for control, but the damage is kinda low. Absolute Dance for damage, but you take the risk of not getting all hits in for the second part (never use the third part of Absolute Dance); although, even if you only get half the hits in, Absolute Dance still outdamage the others.
Do not use Tornado Dance in this situation, no matter your reason.

Mobs of medium monsters?Absolute Dance (and see above).
Spiral Dance can work (some medium monsters are not sent flying away by knockback attacks), but knockback can be a waste of time more than anything. Gravity Dance still works, but again low DPS.
Do not use Tornado Dance in this situation, no matter your reason.

One or two big monsters that have only 1 hit spot?None >_>
Really, Assault Crush or Hishou Jinren-zan would outperform any double saber PA in that situation, it's not like Fighgunner cannot use eleven melee weapon types.
If you had to choose one, Spiral Dance, it's the least wasted of the four in such a situation.

Monsters that have 2 hit spots?Tornado Dance, no question.
Spiral Dance also works well, of course, since it only hits two targets and bit things do not fly across the room from the knockback.
Absolute Dance does more damage than the other two, but the odds that it gets canceled are too high.

Bosses?Absolute Dance, by far, the others don't even come close.

Mixed mobs?You should know that, now.
Avoid using Spiral Dance and Tornado Dance if there are too many things that are susceptible to get thrown across the area, especially in multiplayer parties.

SonicTMP
Jun 4, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hmms. Then could we make something like this?

Which PA is best for:
Mobs of small monsters?
Mobs of medium monsters?
One or two big monsters that have only 1 hit spot?
Monsters that have 2 hit spots?
Bosses?
Mixed mobs?

I know tornado is mainly good for speed runs and knocking back, and AD is great damage and just a bytch to level.
I'd make my own list, but I'm not familiar with Sprial nor Gravity. Just AD and Tornado for now.

You're gonna get alot of different opinions which this setup but I'll put out mine.

Small mobs: spiral or gravity. Garvity is good for the full 360. With spiral just be careful of kicking your target away.

Medium mobs: Spiral or AD. Same comment on spiral. AD suffers slightly in the same same way with "lighter" medium sized mobs. If it's something liek a boma that doesn't get knocked up really high then AD is better.

Large 1 hit box mobs: Sort of a toss up. Tornado will flinch most and let you hit and run. Sprial is probably the more balanced, with no need to worry about the kick you can hammer the mob and still have a get away opening. AD will flinch some mobs, not as many as tornado as I've seen. The windup is what will kill you but the dmg will destroy stuff. Whatever your most comfortable with.

Large 2 hit box: Oh this really varries for me. Gonna depend greatly on the mob and it's knockup/back resistances. I can use AD on Gainozeros with no problem, On a carriguine I get smacked silly if I use AD or spiral, I usually use gravity on them. On Galvapas AD is hard to connect with and gravity does crap. Sprial would be better. But then reverse that, on a Svaltus get behind them and AD brings pain.

Boss: AD generally is the best. You shoudl be hitting all attacks at max targets. That's max damage there. It will destroy any dragon. Gravity will simply be too weak. Tornado is iffy. Level it on a boss but it only hits 2 spots spiral/AD will out dmg it easily. Spiral is a good choice for anything a bit more mobile like de rol/DF or the constant pushback of motherbrain/dulk.

Mixed mobs: depends on the group. Spiral or gravity are the best all purpose. Sprial if it's more medium mobs, grabity if it's more small.

Pratice enough and you can use spiral/AD/gravity on everything. Tornado knocks small and medium mobs around so much that it's not really a good for general purpose.

MS-Wift
Jun 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
it's not like Fighgunner cannot use eleven melee weapon types.

Yeah, but if you're gonna forego double saber (As well as guns), you might as well be a Fortefighter, right?

Come to think of it, I've seen very, very few Fighgunners bust out some sort of boomstick. Of course, mid-level players aren't the best example of how to play PSU most of the time.

Shou
Jun 5, 2008, 12:55 AM
lol Why do people try to justify using tornado dance? It sucks at absolutly everything *accept for a FM speedboost* just admit that it sux and that the only reason you use it is because you think its "fun" to use.

No... it is not good for bosses...

MS-Wift
Jun 5, 2008, 02:05 AM
lol Why do people try to justify using tornado dance? It sucks at absolutly everything *accept for a FM speedboost* just admit that it sux and that the only reason you use it is because you think its "fun" to use.

I dunno about online, but I dispatched most story mode bosses with little effort spamming Tornado Dance.

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 02:15 AM
Gravity dance for the most part. But it's all situational.

Gravity Dance - All enemies. Any size. Very good for crowds and any enemie. All hits are able to get off in time.

Spiral Dance - Bigger enemies. Medium/Large. Does good damage and is good for medium/large creatures because the second hit can't throw them away from the third hit.

Tornado - Used for medium/large enemies. Allows you to do quick hits without taking much damage. Not good for smaller enemies becuase it pushes them arround.

Absolute Dance - Garbage. Use against NOTHING. First hit take too long to get going. Second hit throws them up and out of your hit radius. Third hit takes too long to charge and hits nothing from the second hits throwing.

All around i use Gravity Dance on most of mine.

SonicTMP
Jun 5, 2008, 02:45 AM

If you take the time to learn to use something properly then it can be good. If you don't then it won't.

On a side note, failing 2 rucars ina row is really really stupid. Why is the synth system a punishment?

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 03:03 AM

Dunno about that I once saw someone using it on the Svaltus (plural but not sure how it would be) in sleeping warriors S2 and he seemed to do decent damage while not getting caught out by every single spinning atack from them (which most other PA's suffer from so you can never finish them)

Seority
Jun 5, 2008, 03:42 AM
Thank you Hrith and Sonic.
That REALLY F'IN helps me now. ^_^
Now I can be a GOOD fighgunner, for once, lol.

I have a question though Hrith. I wasn't really planning on leveling Tornado Dance because I didn't think it would really be useful, but should I? The PA is at it's max moves at level 1 and doesn't go any faster, but I just wanna know what you think of it? Is it a nessessity, or just something convient to have?

Aumi
Jun 5, 2008, 06:29 AM
I'd say, get both spiral and gravity dance to 21 and find out which you like best. Got all double saber skills, but my favorite certainly is spiral dance. But if you are against one enemy small/medium with it, then be sure to get the enemy near a wall, since both the 2nd and 3rd step end with a strong knock-back. But you'll get used to it. :)

dc534
Jun 5, 2008, 10:02 AM
Once you lvl AD it actully can be very good against multiple targets, mobs that dont get blown back, i.e. vandas and boomas, and especaially good against svaltus.

Overall the best Double Saber PA is SD at this oint, you can just spam the first part to knockdown creatures long enough for a FF to jabroga the entire mob to death.

GD is not bad and does have decent DPS but if you are going to get one get SD, it is good against many creatures or just one.

TD is also very good against Svalutus or when soloing but is the least part friendly PA out their and is a waste of PA frags. I dont think this PA move should cost any PA frags and for 99 it is just a wast of time and frags.

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 11:40 AM
Once you lvl AD it actully can be very good against multiple targets, mobs that dont get blown back, i.e. vandas and boomas, and especaially good against svaltus.

Overall the best Double Saber PA is SD at this oint, you can just spam the first part to knockdown creatures long enough for a FF to jabroga the entire mob to death.

GD is not bad and does have decent DPS but if you are going to get one get SD, it is good against many creatures or just one.

TD is also very good against Svalutus or when soloing but is the least part friendly PA out their and is a waste of PA frags. I dont think this PA move should cost any PA frags and for 99 it is just a wast of time and frags.

I mostly agree with you but AD won't work against Svaltus, since although you cant knock them back, they sure as hell can do it to you especialy with ADs speed (lack of it that is)

(also 99 frags is a fair price since there should still be some things you have to work for in this game imo)

Hrith
Jun 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
Actually, Absolute Dance works wonder against Svalti. Time your attacks between the circular sweeping sword move, you can always land the first and second part of AD just fine, which is the highest damage a FI can deal to a Svaltus.

The second best option for a Fighgunner would be abusing Just Counter on Renkai Buyou-zan.

Hey12389
Jun 5, 2008, 12:33 PM
ABSOLUTE DANCE FTW!

DreXxiN
Jun 5, 2008, 03:13 PM
AD will be the best double saber PA.

TD will be the best for 2-hitbox mobs or things that cannot fly away.