PDA

View Full Version : Phishing, how messed up is this?

HighOctane
Jun 4, 2008, 03:01 AM
I am saying my good byes to PSU. This is my goodbye story.

I was banned on my first PSU account for account phishing(something i highly regret doing). I since made a new account and have gotten it to a 130 and have SOO many hours on this character and put soo much work on getting a nice pallate. I have not done anything against the rules on this account IE. phishing. My friend recently quit the game and since i was one of his good friends he decided to give me most of his items. I get banned from PSU on my NEW account for what sonic team tells me is account phishing. But i didn't do it. I even have sent them pictures of the messages i recieved from him saying he was quitting and asking me if i wanted his things. I don't see how they can bann me for doing absolutely nothing wrong. But whatever maybe i will play WoW or FF. SEGA team has been having the WORST service of any game out there.

I would like to hear your opinions on things.

drizzle
Jun 4, 2008, 03:04 AM
If you're banned, you're not allowed to create a new account. It just took a while for them to find you :p

Indica
Jun 4, 2008, 03:10 AM
What comes around goes around. I hope your house burns down too and you live on a dirt floor

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2008, 03:15 AM
What comes around goes around. I hope your house burns down too and you live on a dirt floorThat's just a tad bit harsh, yes?

At any rate, banned means BANNED, though I'm surprised they found you out.

Vent
Jun 4, 2008, 03:25 AM
So Sega will track down huge amounts of items going from one account to another? Something to keep in mind if you're transferring stuff with your friends the legitimate way.

HighOctane
Jun 4, 2008, 03:35 AM
What comes around goes around. I hope your house burns down too and you live on a dirt floor

I appreciate your hospitality.

Maskim
Jun 4, 2008, 03:36 AM
It's not messed up at all. By phishing accounts, you potentially gain access to a lot more than the person's character and gear. They should have forwarded your information to your local DA's office to assist in prosecution, along with banning your original account.

Whether your new account has been banned for legitimate reasons or for an error in thinking you stole items that were given to you is irrelevant. Your phishing record makes you an undesirable member of the community, who needs to be removed.

No sympathy.

Yunfa
Jun 4, 2008, 04:09 AM
Dude you need some ice?

Cuz you just got burnt! :O

Kanore
Jun 4, 2008, 05:44 AM
I appreciate your hospitality.

It's one thing to attempt an 'apology,' but expecting immediate hospitality after apologizing for something like scamming people? Be real.

LaughingMan
Jun 4, 2008, 05:56 AM
Some one is getting treated like an ex-con lol.

Maskim
Jun 4, 2008, 06:03 AM

As well they should. Phishing is a method of identity theft, which is a crime. Both theft, and fraud.

Ex-cons are released for serving their sentences, but with the loss of certain rights. No longer do they get to bear arms or vote, etc. Phishers still get to play the game, but with the loss of certain aspects of the game, like the ability to go online.

True, anyone who falls for these scams is about half retarded to do so, but it's still just too bad he didn't face prosecution and actual penalties for the very real world implications of his actions.

Rambo!
Jun 4, 2008, 08:51 AM

Agreed but still account phishing is pretty low and I feel no sympathy for you for doing it. In my opinion it is like hacking in this game to gain an advantage. They all get the same punishment

Shadwitz
Jun 4, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'd make a joke about gib rarz, but I don't want to get banned.

Instead, do the crime, pay the fine?

NegaTsukasa
Jun 4, 2008, 09:26 AM
Wow. I was blind to see how phishing could be possible on this game. O_o

JAFO22000
Jun 4, 2008, 09:28 AM
I am saying my good byes to PSU. This is my goodbye story.

I was banned on my first PSU account for account phishing...

I stopped reading here. You said you wanted our opinions, and mine is that you should've never been let back on in the first place. I'm glad that you were banned and hope you serve as an example to others who may be thinking of ruining someone else's hard work, not to mention the integrity of their account information.

Good day.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 4, 2008, 09:31 AM
Agreed but still account phishing is pretty low and I feel no sympathy for you for doing it. In my opinion it is like hacking in this game to gain an advantage. They all get the same punishment

From what I can tell, Sega probably knows when you hack or play with a hacked character role.
It's just sometimes you probably won't get caught.

It's been like tht since the old PSO Online.

Rules have changed a little now, but not much.

phishing and hacking in my opinion is all the same as well.

sometimes though I think phishing is a little bit more serious than plain old hacking.

Neith
Jun 4, 2008, 10:04 AM
You can't really complain about being treated badly. You were phishing people's accounts for crying out loud- that's a little more serious than using the mechgun glitch, or grinder exploits.

You messed up with the scamming, whether you're sorry for it or not. Making a new account obviously got noticed by ST, and they've terminated your service. I'm not entirely sure what the Terms of Service say about this kind of thing, but I'm pretty sure they can terminate your service at will- especially since you broke the rules once before.

tl;dr version: You broke the Terms of Service by scamming, which is a crime. You can't get back on because ST banned you, and want to KEEP you banned for a duration of time, maybe indefinately. Frankly, I'm glad ST are at least doing something. Scammers shouldn't be allowed online again, simple as that.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 4, 2008, 10:10 AM
It's not messed up at all. By phishing accounts, you potentially gain access to a lot more than the person's character and gear. They should have forwarded your information to your local DA's office to assist in prosecution, along with banning your original account.

Whether your new account has been banned for legitimate reasons or for an error in thinking you stole items that were given to you is irrelevant. Your phishing record makes you an undesirable member of the community, who needs to be removed.

No sympathy.

Get burned.

Andy1423
Jun 4, 2008, 10:18 AM
Maybe im just ignorant cause I never cheat, but what is phishing????

Apone
Jun 4, 2008, 10:36 AM
Phishing is a form of identity theft. A federal crime. Subject to federal prosecution. Ususally the victim gets tricked into revealing personal information about themselves which the perpetrator uses to gain access to said personal information. (passwords, bank account , credit cards etc.) Just be smart and you'll be OK in this game.

Andy1423
Jun 4, 2008, 10:41 AM
So basically you're saying that in the form of this game "PHISING" means that someone got information used to log onto another persons(victims) account without their knowledge, and then proceeded to take mesta and or steal their weapons.

If this is the case then how does someone not see the black and white of right and wrong?

If this is what people are doing then I say "NO MERCY!!!"

Apone
Jun 4, 2008, 10:44 AM
That is most definately the case here.

JAFO22000
Maybe im just ignorant cause I never cheat, but what is phishing????

Phishing is actually a general term used to describe the act of baiting people into giving out their personal information or online account information. The "phisher" usually accomplishes this by sending an email to the person which directs them to a false website and gets them to enter their information. This is usually done to obtain credit card or social security information.

From examples I've heard, phishers on the 360 PSU have been directing people to sites which offer free Microsoft Points. All you have to do is enter your Xbox Live account number and password. Once the unsuspecting "phish" enters this information, the phisher can then log on as this person, start up PSU and give all of their items/meseta to another friend.

R2D6battlebot
Agreed, anyone who actually does this kind of thing willingly to ruin someone else's time and effort should enjoy a bleach cocktail.

Cracka_J
Jun 4, 2008, 11:10 AM
I wanna break this down again cause it made me lol.

1-I was banned on my first PSU account for account phishing

2-I get banned from PSU on my NEW account for what sonic team tells me is account phishing.

3-I even have sent them pictures of the messages i recieved from him saying he was quitting and asking me if i wanted his things.

If you were already confirmed/banned for doing this 1 time, I bet you tried playing it safely the 2nd time.
You logged into both accounts at the same time, 1 on your account, 1 on the other.
You then proceeded to take screens/pics of the other guy (not really) saying you could have all his stoof.
You then thought everything was chill, since you had pics.
Apparently the other guy formally submitted a complaint, go him.

Pics=/=or it didn't happen. (especially true if you know PS pros :D)
Happy bannings to you.

Amalga
Jun 4, 2008, 11:11 AM
lol

So this thread has become "Who can come up with the best burn?"

Word to the wise, OP--"banned" means "we don't want you around."

Kylie
Jun 4, 2008, 11:22 AM
SEGA isn't obligated to forgive, I guess.

It sucks that they took so long to act, but better late than never.

Maskim
Jun 4, 2008, 11:24 AM
lol

What could you expect? I mean, you read that original post, right? ;)

Powder Keg
Jun 4, 2008, 12:02 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/arabian_disco/hahahaha.jpg

chaostroop3
Jun 4, 2008, 12:09 PM
i dont think getting banned means you cant make a new account , i got banned during that grinder glitch and had a really long conversation with someone from sega support , they could remove all the grinders i bought (i did the glitch once and sold em for like 1 mesta each) from my account and they TOLD me to make a new account.

What i dont get is if im still playing was they any point of banning me in the first place? All that happend was they took all my stuff pretty much =/

HighOctane
Jun 4, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm ROFLing at all the responces. I love how many people hate me. When their are people that i have met online that love me. So you guys/girls really don't even affect me in any way.

RemiusTA
Jun 4, 2008, 02:09 PM
Oh dont be fooled they are all guys

Uncle_bob
Jun 4, 2008, 05:20 PM
Enjoy your ban.

XGalvatronX
Jun 4, 2008, 05:55 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Good riddance, you deserve it. Perhaps participating in illegal activities like trying to steal a persons personal information just caught up with you.

Good for Sega and good for you.

Macras
Jun 4, 2008, 06:11 PM
remember, any company reserves the right to refuse service, and it is also stated as such in the Sega ToS. they also reserve the right to ban your acocunt if you have previously breached the ToS

shotsfired
Jun 4, 2008, 07:15 PM
Get A.I.D.S......

Wiz
Jun 4, 2008, 07:35 PM
lol, Segac actually did something right? o.o

Criss
Jun 4, 2008, 07:55 PM
:wacko:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/poltergheist/segac.gif
(Wondering how long it will take for someone to steal this image. :wacko:)

PALRAPPYS
Jun 4, 2008, 08:03 PM
:wacko:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/poltergheist/segac.gif
(Wondering how long it will take for someone to steal this image. :wacko:)

Not very long. :D

*sigged*

Although I am not sure if it's allowed to be in my sig because of sig restrictions, but if it is, then they'll remove it. And I'll resize it.

F-Gattaca
Jun 4, 2008, 08:07 PM
lol

With the obligatory "SEGAC SUX" people trying to turn the thread into a contest about who can be the most witty on THAT end. (And just in time, here come the photoshoppers and the sigmakers ... )

Either way, I suppose all I can say to HighOctane is that "What goes around comes around."

HighOctane, I don't know if you were hoping to capitalize on the current "SEGAC FAILS" mentality of the PSU populace by complaining about how Sega having the worst support service in MMO history while openly admitting to phishing in the past, but I think that shows even these folks have their standards.

I don't have a very good opinion of phishers, either. It's all well and good that you regret what you did, but it's something you shouldn't have done in the first place. I don't know how many online gaming companies would tolerate having the exact same known troublemaker on their game after having already banned him once for phishing/hacking/whatnot, so there's no use cursing Sega's name over this.

Ami~
Jun 4, 2008, 08:12 PM
I am sure you highly regretted that in the first place, so you just wanted to start anew. like on a clean slate. And probably put what you did behind you as something you weren't really exactly proud of which is fine and dandy

too bad for you that you got banned the second time so good luck in what ever you do

HighOctane
Jun 4, 2008, 11:13 PM
I am sure you highly regretted that in the first place, so you just wanted to start anew. like on a clean slate. And probably put what you did behind you as something you weren't really exactly proud of which is fine and dandy

too bad for you that you got banned the second time so good luck in what ever you do

Thank you for the first non derogatory post in this thread.

To everyone else i wish you all a good life(even though some of you want my house to burn down lmao). I hope everyone has a wonder life. Maybe we will meet in our next life.

Farewell.

Oh and i love how the mod changed the title LOLz.

Amalga
Jun 4, 2008, 11:38 PM
Thank you for the first non derogatory post in this thread.

To everyone else i wish you all a good life(even though some of you want my house to burn down lmao). I hope everyone has a wonder life. Maybe we will meet in our next life.

Farewell.

Oh and i love how the mod changed the title LOLz.

Bawwwwwing tastes best when it comes from the martyrs.

RadiantLegend
Jun 5, 2008, 12:23 AM
I believe in 2nd chances but in the end sega decides if you get that chance or not.

lolURISH
Jun 5, 2008, 12:34 AM
Dupings for Noobs!

wait...dupings extinct?

what are we hating on now?
Fishing? but...I'm from Minnesota........

If I can't fish...I just don't know.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1103/jokehelpdesk1jr1.th.gif (http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jokehelpdesk1jr1.gif)

EDIT: Sorry...I can't get the picture any bigger ;_;

landman
Jun 5, 2008, 01:04 AM
I also find strange that your friend tells you he is giving his stuff and you take screenshots as proof, really, if he is really doing this tell him to tell sega, if he can't, you phished again to me :\

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 02:07 AM
I also find strange that your friend tells you he is giving his stuff and you take screenshots as proof, really, if he is really doing this tell him to tell sega, if he can't, you phished again to me :

I would. But SEGA already stated they wouldn't do anything so it's not worth it. But anyway my friend i knew since before i started doing all this on my first account and has been on my friends list ever since then. But if you don't believe me than idk what to say. I took screenies just cuz i thought it would maybe change their mind. But anyway it would take like 5 months for them to even respond to my friend so its not even worth it. I'm going to FFXI. From what i hear its better than PSU. And i took pics after they had responded the first time. Not right when i got the messages. I never clean out my inbox on my tag.

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 03:10 AM
Hmmm yeah its totaly unfair that someone banned for phishing (or "pishing" as my E-commerce teacher calls it (who gave her the job?!)), a crimminal offence shouldn't be allowed to play the game they were banned from we should start a petition or something to get him back on the game since we just love these types of people

Leah
Jun 5, 2008, 04:00 AM
nobody believes a phisher

nobody takes screenies of trades unless they suspect something is going to happen as a result

i suspect they cross-referenced your ip address with his last login after he filed the complaint

i don't believe any more boo-hoo stories i read in here after the grinder glitch bannings (i didn't glitch!!!!!!!!!! oh wait i did just once!) and more recently, the ta board cheating (we didn't glitch!!!!!!!!!! oh wait we did but just to test it!). it's pretty likely that you're full of shit.

and really, what does coming here to complain about it do? we aren't going to petition to get your account back. just move along to a different mmo, or start a new gamertag to spite sega by tricking them into taking your $10 a month again like everyone else.

on the other hand, this caliber of phishing is not anywhere near the same level of identity theft. thankfully we have courts that can see in more than two colors, and not just angry townspeople with pitchforks and torches.

Treize K
Jun 5, 2008, 04:15 AM
Dude you need some ice?

Cuz you just got burnt! :Olol:-D...

Seority
Jun 5, 2008, 04:48 AM
Leah, I think he just wanted to say good-bye. What he did was wrong, but he said he started anew and wanted to play fairly. Just because we sin once means we can't be forgiven? Just what kind of people are you?
I really don't think he came here to start a petition. He's made no rude comment to anyone so far, yet this thread is full of hate. -sigh- I think it's people like this, not hackers, that ruin games more.

@HighOctane:
Enjoy yourself on FF. Too many people are leaving PSU for it to be a big difference sadly and I don't blame any one of them.

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 04:50 AM
nobody believes a phisher

nobody takes screenies of trades unless they suspect something is going to happen as a result

i suspect they cross-referenced your ip address with his last login after he filed the complaint

i don't believe any more boo-hoo stories i read in here after the grinder glitch bannings (i didn't glitch!!!!!!!!!! oh wait i did just once!) and more recently, the ta board cheating (we didn't glitch!!!!!!!!!! oh wait we did but just to test it!). it's pretty likely that you're full of shit.

and really, what does coming here to complain about it do? we aren't going to petition to get your account back. just move along to a different mmo, or start a new gamertag to spite sega by tricking them into taking your $10 a month again like everyone else.

on the other hand, this caliber of phishing is not anywhere near the same level of identity theft. thankfully we have courts that can see in more than two colors, and not just angry townspeople with pitchforks and torches.

Obviously you didn't read the post. I took pics of the messages i got on XBL that had been there for a week after they had gotten back to me telling me i was banned for phishing. Get your facts straight before posting. And he didn't file a complaint because i didn't phish him. He's on my friends list and has been there for over a year. You are just an idiot and i forgive you for that.

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 04:52 AM
Leah, I think he just wanted to say good-bye. What he did was wrong, but he said he started anew and wanted to play fairly. Just because we sin once means we can't be forgiven? Just what kind of people are you?
I really don't think he came here to start a petition. He's made no rude comment to anyone so far, yet this thread is full of hate. -sigh- I think it's people like this, not hackers, that ruin games more.

@HighOctane:
Enjoy yourself on FF. Too many people are leaving PSU for it to be a big difference sadly and I don't blame any one of them.

Yep. ST is really starting to piss people off with their lack of being on time with their updates. People have been getting fed up with their service for a while. And this just set lit the fire for me.

Hey12389
Jun 5, 2008, 05:14 AM
That kind of shit happened to me on halo 2 I modded on my main account and got banned then i made another account just to play legit and within 2 weeks i got banned and i wasnt even cheating ='[

the lesson i learned is never cheat in the first place.

Zorak000
Jun 5, 2008, 05:45 AM
I understand what happened here. you did something regretable and got banned for it. however, what you didn't know was that ST put a target on your head for perma-ban.

but still, consider yourself lucky that ST did not report you to Microsoft or worse the authoritys.
in "ban on a single online game Vs. jail time" I would take the ban any day of the week.

Kanore
Jun 5, 2008, 05:55 AM
I think the worst part is you got caught.

If you're gonna do something illegal, don't get caught. Otherwise anyone can say whatever. Which they have been. I don't see why you're responding like you are, thinking it's somehow justified after you apologized, and in need of 'non-derogatory' posts.

Nothing happens as long as you don't get caught. 'Cause then, you fail in what you were doing.

Not everyone has to be sunshine about everything, Sunshine.

Maskim
Jun 5, 2008, 06:24 AM
-sigh- I think it's people like this, not hackers, that ruin games more.

This has nothing to do with hacking. Conning people out of their information, and stealing from them is nothing like hacking, in practice, or theory. He's a simple online conman.

Do I think he was trying to get at people's personal information? No, probably not. He was probably just trying to steal some rarz, or make some quick meseta.

His intentions have nothing to do with the situation, though. There's that old saying about the road to hell and good intentions, and his intentions were obviously far from 'good'. The fact that he could have gotten a dangerous amount of information is far more incriminating. Would you be so forgiving if you had happened to be the dope that fell for it, and he managed to get your credit card number from your account? After all, he'd have your email address, the password to the account, your name and billing address, and at least the last 4 digits of your credit card. This is more than enough information for many companies to consider your identity 'verified' and give out even more information.

So, maybe, just maybe, it's people like me, and the majority of those posting in this thread, that are truly ruining the game, by being so upset about someone doing this. Imagine our gall, to take offense to an admitted identity thief wanting sympathy for being caught.

Leah
Jun 5, 2008, 08:11 AM
Obviously you didn't read the post. I took pics of the messages i got on XBL that had been there for a week after they had gotten back to me telling me i was banned for phishing. Get your facts straight before posting. And he didn't file a complaint because i didn't phish him. He's on my friends list and has been there for over a year. You are just an idiot and i forgive you for that.

sorry, i don't buy that sega regularly checks for previously banned trash and throws it back in the dumpster. i buy that you screwed up twice, tried to cover your ass the second time, and sega didn't buy it. now you're here trying to sell it to us. you're full of shit.

i couldn't care less about your "facts", or what you think of me. i'm not the "idiot" that got banned.

twice.

move along to another mmo.

Powder Keg
Jun 5, 2008, 08:41 AM
Just glitching or duping grinders is one thing, but phishing is a whole new level....nobody wants you back, period.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 5, 2008, 08:58 AM
*No Comment* lol
I guess whats done is done
*Shrugs*

Cracka_J
Jun 5, 2008, 09:09 AM
sorry, i don't buy that sega regularly checks for previously banned trash and throws it back in the dumpster. i buy that you screwed up twice, tried to cover your ass the second time, and sega didn't buy it. now you're here trying to sell it to us. you're full of shit.

probably the most direct way to sum this up.
like I said earlier, there was no reason for him to take screenshots of his friend quitting/giving stuffs, unless he needed them for a reason.

the reason is simple, his "friend" wasn't on the other account at all. the OP was dual logged-in, typing on his friends acct for insurance, then screened the pic so he'd have "pics or it didn't happen" as evidence of him not phishing, since he had already been caught once doing it.

too bad your friend likely submitted an abusive behavior ticket, sega referenced IP's, and now we're at the current state.

just because he tried a more creative means of stealing the second time doesn't mean he deserves your sympathy....

dragoon-girl
Jun 5, 2008, 09:21 AM
What the hell is account phishing. D:

New_One
Jun 5, 2008, 09:28 AM
In this case, phishing is obtaining an accounts SEGA ID and password through deceptive means. Whether it was done through sega support or in game I don't know.

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 10:46 AM

i couldn't care less about your "facts", or what you think of me. i'm not the "idiot" that got banned.

twice.

move along to another mmo.

Just seeing you post that makes me LOL so hard. Cuz you actually think that i phished again. The dude is on my FL. But anyway i will move to another mmo. A better one. PSU is the worst one out there. Garbage service and they are behind on ALL of their updates.

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 10:47 AM
probably the most direct way to sum this up.
like I said earlier, there was no reason for him to take screenshots of his friend quitting/giving stuffs, unless he needed them for a reason.

the reason is simple, his "friend" wasn't on the other account at all. the OP was dual logged-in, typing on his friends acct for insurance, then screened the pic so he'd have "pics or it didn't happen" as evidence of him not phishing, since he had already been caught once doing it.

too bad your friend likely submitted an abusive behavior ticket, sega referenced IP's, and now we're at the current state.

just because he tried a more creative means of stealing the second time doesn't mean he deserves your sympathy....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can't dual log in you stupid kid. This is the 360 ver not the crap PC servers. Obviously you have NO clue how a 360 works. Do you seriously want me to have my friend join this stupid forum and post in this? And for the last time i didn't take screen shots of him giving me the items. I took screen shots of the XBL messages he sent me asking if i wanted his stuff on PSU because his acc was going to expire. Stupid.

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 11:10 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can't dual log in you stupid kid. This is the 360 ver not the crap PC servers. Obviously you have NO clue how a 360 works. Do you seriously want me to have my friend join this stupid forum and post in this? And for the last time i didn't take screen shots of him giving me the items. I took screen shots of the XBL messages he sent me asking if i wanted his stuff on PSU because his acc was going to expire. Stupid.

A) Dual logging is possible, you just need 2 360s and

B) In that case you can easily send a message to yourself with the hacked account

C) I don't care for all those people being so sissy saying this phisher needs a 2nd chance/forgiveness, it isn't a grey area, phishing is WRONG and its impossible to "accidently do it" or "not realise its wrong" when someone does it they KNOW what they are doing is a crime that will harm another person AND THEY STILL DO IT also the only motivation for it is GREED

So phisher = undesireable scumbag

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 11:21 AM
A) Dual logging is possible, you just need 2 360s and

B) In that case you can easily send a message to yourself with the hacked account

C) I don't care for all those people being so sissy saying this phisher needs a 2nd chance/forgiveness, it isn't a grey area, phishing is WRONG and its impossible to "accidently do it" or "not realise its wrong" when someone does it they KNOW what they are doing is a crime that will harm another person AND THEY STILL DO IT also the only motivation for it is GREED

So phisher = undesireable scumbag

Since i don't own 2 360's it is impossible for me to dual log.

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 11:26 AM
Since i don't own 2 360's it is impossible for me to dual log.

I also forgot to add that if its just a message the accounts don't need to be dual logged to send a message from one to the other.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
So then its possible for a regular player to get banned if they inherit item's from a quitting friends account?

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 11:35 AM
So then its possible for a regular player to get banned if they inherit item's from a quitting friends account?

Well as long as they haven't been permabanned and made a new account and don't send sega pics of conversations and saying something along the lines of "I haven't done anything dodgy at all. Honest!" they should be ok.

RemiusTA
Jun 5, 2008, 12:02 PM
phishing = ban, end of story, HAHAHA go do it on some other MMO.

Mman2000
Jun 5, 2008, 12:19 PM
Cut your losses, move to another MMO, and thank the flying spaghetti monster that you didn't get booted off of Xbox Live.

While I won't call you a scumbag or tell you to go die in a fire, I don't have any sympathy for people who have ruined the efforts of others. If you really regret what you have done and want to turn over a new leaf, do so in another game. Maybe the people there will have more respect for you than people here have shown you so far.

Powder Keg
Jun 5, 2008, 12:31 PM
*snicker*

don't let the door hit you

RegulusHikari
Jun 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
You broke the rules, you pay the price. What's not to understand? I say QQ MORE BAI.

Live and learn. Maybe next time you won't make the same selfish mistake.

Cracka_J
Jun 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
This thread is well overcooked, someone needs to extinguish that grill.

If the OP had a valid defense, he would have posted it by now.
We all have a basic understanding of what likely happened, why you were banned, and why it was a fair judgement.

Now it's time to just go away.

RegulusHikari
Jun 5, 2008, 12:56 PM
HI CRACKA! :D

Yeah, let's close this thread and move on with our lives.

F-Gattaca
Jun 5, 2008, 01:18 PM
Er--wait a sec. HighOctane didn't explicitly say he was on the 360 when he got banned ... did he? I figured he was on the PC ... He mentioned taking screenshots, which would be more of a chore to do for a console PSU player than a PC one.

Besides that, in response to someone further up the thread, I wouldn't thank a logical fallacy for not getting banned on X-Box Live.

Rambo!
Jun 5, 2008, 01:25 PM
*snicker*

don't let the door hit you

No he dodged the door and got hit with teh ban stick

XGalvatronX
Jun 5, 2008, 01:43 PM

Okay douchebag, we get it. You're a genious at phishing. If you've moved on to another MMO, then why are you still here?

If this game sucks so bad and so do the people, then STFU and move on.

I hope next time you pull something like this you get reported to the authorities and they throw your ignorant 13 year old ass in jail.

Send us pictures of that!

Ken_Silver
Jun 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
While Phishing maybe bad and all, I feel bad for HighOctane. Not because he got punished, but because he got the biggest roasting in PSOWorld history.

Goddam. As of now, he's been throughly punished. If you are truly sorry and don't plan to do it again, I hope you make a new account and can play the game as a normal human being. If the rules allow it and Sonic Team is forgiving as I am.

He is human folks, not a monster. Have pity. Not for his crime, but for the aftermath that has been brought upon him via this thread.

HighOctane
Jun 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
Okay douchebag, we get it. You're a genious at phishing. If you've moved on to another MMO, then why are you still here?

If this game sucks so bad and so do the people, then STFU and move on.

I hope next time you pull something like this you get reported to the authorities and they throw your ignorant 13 year old ass in jail.

Send us pictures of that!

lolz. Flame much?

I gotta ask a question b4 i leave. Where do you guys get your music from?

Maskim
Jun 5, 2008, 05:10 PM
I gotta ask a question b4 i leave. Where do you guys get your music from?

The store. You know, a place where money can be exchanged for goods and/or services.

Cranberry
Jun 5, 2008, 05:35 PM
A ban is a ban. It means you are no longer allowed to use a service. It doesn't mean you can create a new account and pretend it never happended. It's standard practice for ban evaders to be re-banned the moment they are discovered.

I believe in forgive and forget. So if you really are remourseful over what you've done and regret it, that's great and that's exactly the lesson you should have learned. But unfortunitely it doesn't mean your playing rights are restored. Use this to grow into a better person and live with integrity in whatever you do next.

Indica
Jun 5, 2008, 05:43 PM
This thread is worn out and pointless

http://7dust.net//images/stuff/threadsucks.gif

>

Indica
Jun 5, 2008, 05:53 PM
The store. You know, a place where money can be exchanged for goods and/or services.

I use Astraweb - http://www.news.astraweb.com $25.00 for 90 GIG is hell of a bargain

Cranberry
Jun 5, 2008, 05:58 PM
That picture seems rather inappropriate Indica.

Mman2000
Jun 5, 2008, 06:10 PM
Er--wait a sec. HighOctane didn't explicitly say he was on the 360 when he got banned ... did he? I figured he was on the PC ... He mentioned taking screenshots, which would be more of a chore to do for a console PSU player than a PC one.

He did say it in the thread.

Besides that, in response to someone further up the thread, I wouldn't thank a logical fallacy for not getting banned on X-Box Live.

Why is it that someone thinks I'm being serious when I use a parody god in place of the myth everyone else worships?

Back on topic, can we please close this thread and ban the guy already since he's already said he's leaving?

EvilJohn
Jun 5, 2008, 06:25 PM
Lol wow i was a "cheater" big time on pso but phishing is worse specaily cause you could get there credit card info Ect. phishing should be punishable In Real Life not just a ban in game as just cheating should just be a ban. as it's the game makers fault for not fixing it anyways like they have in PSU. but actaully stealing someones account and getting there account info...wow thats fucked how does anyone even know that you didnt do more then steal some items? for all we know you went spend happy on there credit card.

Indica
Jun 5, 2008, 06:29 PM
That's why I hope his house burns down and he looses a leg trying to get out. He's low class scum in my book

Mawile
Jun 5, 2008, 07:27 PM
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7638/1146172013934si9.jpg

Schubalts
Jun 5, 2008, 08:18 PM
Lol wow i was a "cheater" big time on pso but phishing is worse specaily cause you could get there credit card info Ect. phishing should be punishable In Real Life not just a ban in game as just cheating should just be a ban. as it's the game makers fault for not fixing it anyways like they have in PSU. but actaully stealing someones account and getting there account info...wow thats fucked how does anyone even know that you didnt do more then steal some items? for all we know you went spend happy on there credit card.

It is punishable in real life.

Dhylec
Jun 5, 2008, 08:32 PM
With over 90 posts, many have said what they wanted, so I think the thread has run its course. The atmosphere isn't a getting any better, so let's end it here before it gets worse.