PDA

View Full Version : Secret Cutscene in Ep3, Chapter 1? *Possible Spoilers*

Clunker
Jun 4, 2008, 03:31 AM
In the recent Update Thread for regional servers (the 6/6/08 one), fellow posters had these interesting comments:

With Chapter 4 of Episode 3 out, there are some things you might want to try after you beat it.

After clearing Episode 3. Chapter 4 "Farewell to Mother"
-Complete the trial in Episode 3, Chapter 1 "Despair & Hope", Act 1 with an S
-If you do, you'll see...?

After seeing ???? in Episode 3, Chapter 1 "Despair & Hope" (beating Act 2 not necessary)
-Complete Episode 3. Chapter 4 "Farewell to Mother", Act 1 with an S
-In Episode 3. Chapter 4 "Farewell to Mother", Act 2, you will get to...?

and

Episode 3, Chapter 1 "Despair & Hope" secret:
A cutscene where you find a broken-down Lou unit.

Episode 3, Chapter 4 "Farewell to Mother" secret:
If you saw the cutscene with the broken-down Lou, you get to bring Lou with you in Act 2.

Now, as many of you have, I just ran through this mission on C rank, for speed.

I just ran thought BOTH parts 1 and 2 on C, getting S rank...
and no Lou unit??

Now, it seems that the poster in question is a XBOX gamer, while I'm on the PS2 servers.

I posted within the 6.6.08 thread for confirmation if this secret cutscene occurs on just what letter grade mission, but no on has responded on this.

Can anyone on XBOX or PS2 confirm how they found this cutscene?

Particularly what 'phrase' options chosen, and what Rank the overall mission was when you found it.

(it'd be nice if you'd also describe the cutscene, or point out a youtube vid of it if one is out)

Thanks in Advance!

landman
Jun 4, 2008, 05:36 AM
Chapter 4 of Episode 3 will be released next update -.-

F-Gattaca
Jun 4, 2008, 05:59 AM
My guess is that it would be on A-rank difficulty if this is true.

Lyrise
Jun 4, 2008, 07:54 AM
B Rank difficulty or above. Something to note, seeing these hidden cutscenes sets in motion the other story route that can happen.

One where ???? becomes a possibility and can happen later on; is also the only way to obtain a certain partner card...

(spoilers are too big even for spoiler tags)

Realmz
Jun 4, 2008, 07:57 AM
B Rank difficulty or above. Something to note, seeing these hidden cutscenes sets in motion the other story route that can happen.

One where ???? becomes a possibility and can happen later on; is also the only way to obtain a certain partner card...

(spoilers are too big even for spoiler tags)

Me really hopes you're not talking about Karen

i dun wanna have to do anything harder then Tylors card to get theirs...

landman
Jun 4, 2008, 09:14 AM
In this case I'll do this mission and the next ones with only one character, and when we have all the missions look for the other route.

GH499
Jun 4, 2008, 10:15 AM
Too much spoiler already... should just let people do it first to find it out themselves.
Also, for this kind of question that you quote on "Cadama" message, you might as well PM to ask Cadama himself instead of new topic.

Apone
Jun 4, 2008, 10:25 AM
Im wondering if Sega would have even informed or has informed the community of the added path through Ep 3 If it weren't for threads like this I woulda never known it was possible. I mean there arent too many people that are gonna play through it twice without some kind of clue.

GH499
Jun 4, 2008, 10:37 AM
It is good to have some secret in the game right? so yea, I think it is good that SEGA not mention it.
At any rate, when a single person found it out, his closed friend will ask him. Then. the news keep spread wider and wider. Until it become common in the future. So, do not rush.
I still think that people should ask this kind of stuff via PM.

Apone
Jun 4, 2008, 10:41 AM
Thats true maybe they should just mention what you have to do and not what it does.

Clunker
Jun 4, 2008, 01:35 PM
Chapter 4 of Episode 3 will be released next update -.-

Apologies, I made it look like I'd run through Chapter 4 already ^^:

I meant to say that I'd run through Ep 3/Chapter 1 already on C.

Incidentally, I managed to S Rank a C run, a B run, AND a A run...

No cutscene? (Unless it's like a split-second addition to the 'normal' cutscene sequences)

For those that can confirm they've seen it:
- what system are you on?
- which chat choices did you make during the pre-challenge run?
- and where in the post-challenge (once you get the S rank notice on Act 1) cut scene sequence
does the 'hidden' cut scene start?

As I S ranked all three difficulty levels, on BOTH parts 1 and 2, it's starting to look like it's either based on platform (I HOPE NOT!), or on chat choices, along with S ranking a certain difficulty level.

Any details on how to trigger this cutscene (the more specific the better) is highly appreciated.

As for Pm'ing the poster, I will, but thought to contact/make the general public aware of this hidden cutscene issue.

Thanks again!

EspioKaos
Jun 4, 2008, 01:37 PM
These new scenes won't be available until we receive the fourth chapter.

Deissa
Jun 4, 2008, 01:37 PM
It's an additional cutscene.
And anyone who's seen it will only have seen it on the Japanese servers currently, since they have Ep3 Ch4 right now. Nothing will happen until you have cleared Ep3 Ch4.

No secret anything until you have cleared Ep3 Ch4.

Phoenix148
Jun 4, 2008, 02:09 PM
umm, i thought we got the secret cutscene stuff when we get epi 3 chap 5 missions... i swore i saw that somewhere

Clunker
Jun 4, 2008, 04:16 PM
These new scenes won't be available until we receive the fourth chapter.

It's an additional cutscene.
And anyone who's seen it will only have seen it on the Japanese servers currently, since they have Ep3 Ch4 right now. Nothing will happen until you have cleared Ep3 Ch4.

No secret anything until you have cleared Ep3 Ch4.

AH-HA!

Thank you both for confirming this issue.

So, in effect, clear Ep3/Ch4 at ?? Rank, THEN go back to Ep3/Ch 1, S rank it at Difficulty ??...
and THEN the new cutscene will play? After that, one can bring Lou along on a new/further runs of
Ep3/Ch 4? (Just looking to confirm what Letter Difficulties and Ranks are needed.)

That's kinda tricky, but neat.

Are there any other 'hidden' story mission issues in EP 3 that we should be made aware of?

Lyrise
Jun 4, 2008, 06:27 PM
Clearing ch5 will open up another route in ch3, clearing ch6 will open up another route to ch5 which will then in turn open up the other path in ch6 if you have the other alternative paths complete.

Astarin
Jun 4, 2008, 07:11 PM
Cool. Is that related to getting Karen's and Ethan's partner cards, or do you just get those from completing the missions?

Arika
Jun 4, 2008, 08:26 PM
Okay, I m agree to keep spoiler stay out from general thread too.
who want to ask anything about this, you are welcome to Pm me. I know everything about this. try not to pump it anymore please.
FYI. it is all useless to do it now, or even after next update, because you can't get anything until you get charter 3-6 (next 3 months) . It is the same way as Soul eater that you have to clear later chapter before redo old chapter.

note: there are too too few secret on this game, it should be more conserved lol.

landman
Jun 5, 2008, 01:30 AM
Do you get different... whatever, if you don't do this things? or do they only add cutscenes? (if they change cutscenes then I'll try both sides)

Cry0
Jun 5, 2008, 02:24 AM
Personally, i think it's a bit much with the whole "sush keep it a secret" thing going on here. I find it nice to know this exists. The spoilers should be better marked though. from reading this thread alone i could totally figure out what's going on (not reading the spoilers)... well, xcept what cards we could get...

Triton
Jun 7, 2008, 03:37 PM
So any ways HOW do you get the hidden Lou sections in the story mode.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143568&page=38
post section

Poster name, Arika / Time date, 07:01 AM
press spoiler button 3 times for pics

Lyrise
Jun 7, 2008, 04:21 PM
Here's how you do it; Read at your own discretion:

[spoiler-box]To see the extra cutscene (Broken-down Lou), meet the following condition:

-Clear Ep3 Chapter 4 "Farewell to mother" entirely; both acts.

Result:

-New cutscene after clearing Ep3 Chapter 1 "Despair and Hope" Act 1. [/spoiler-box]

After doing the above, you can do the following:

[spoiler-box]To bring Lou with you in Ep3 Ch4 "Farewell to Mother" Act 2, meet these conditions:

-See the extra cutscene in Ep1 Ch1 Act1
-Clear Ep3 Ch4 Act 1 with an S Grade (difficulty does not matter)

Result:

-New choice added in the story dialogue for Act 2. You can choose to meet with Lou (not sure what this choice would say in the International version; either way, do NOT skip to trial if given a choice)
-When the new choice is made, you will bring Lou with you instead of Curtz[/spoiler-box]

As more chapters get rolled out onto your servers, I'll gladly reveal those additional routes as well. Personally I did this the entire alternative sequence in a single day (for chapters 1-6) - unless you have a high tolerance for lengthy cutscenes and pre-trial events I'd get these out of the way now.

Clunker
Jun 7, 2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks a lot! This is just what I was hopin' for - clearly notated info, but still tagged to not offend the casual reader.

BTW: In the first spolier, does "Clear" mean get "any Ranking, not just S?"

BigshowPat
Jun 7, 2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks, I'm glad that you've let us all know what to do and spolier tagged it! It is nice to know about these since the only chapter I go back and do is for Blackheart hunting!

Iduno
Jun 7, 2008, 04:44 PM
Wow this seems pretty interesting (now if only the chapters wernt released so slow that by the time your at the next one, you've forgotton whats happened before/ just ceased to care about them) still nice to see a SEGA moment going against the SEGAC (makes you wonder who's doing what parts of this game in sonic team)

Lyrise
Jun 7, 2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks a lot! This is just what I was hopin' for - clearly notated info, but still tagged to not offend the casual reader.

BTW: In the first spolier, does "Clear" mean get "any Ranking, not just S?"

Pretty much. If there is a grade requirement, I'll always make a note of it.

Masterflower
Jun 7, 2008, 09:49 PM
I want my Lou back ; ; Took off the hat and busted out the sword ; ; and whooped ass i demand her card ; ;

McLaughlin
Jun 8, 2008, 03:13 PM
I think I liked Lou's Ch4 ending better than Curtz.

But I have Curtz's card now so my solo parties are now complete.

Thanks for the info Lyrise.

Ken_Silver
Jun 8, 2008, 09:30 PM
Thank you Lyrise. These "spoilers" give more interest to me anyway to play the story mode. Just because you know something is going to happen doesn't mean that you don't want to see it.

If you see a new video game of labtop, do you not want it yourself?

I would still.