PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious SSBB IGN Poster Guy

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 4, 2008, 10:23 PM
The debate is about items or no items in SSBB matches.

Idiot said:

Items are AWSOME, items make smash bros. same thing with Mario Kart the items in there make the game fun and MORE competitive. People say that Items are cheep and take no skill, NOT true at all, many people dont know how to properly use items, it takes skill to use them. For example you have a bomb in ur hand, and then someone gets a party ball and 6 bombs come from there, it takes a skilled smart player to know than u stand at a distance, AIM, and throw ur one bomb and hit the others, to make a HUGA explosion. Items are not cheep, and if ur good u can get out of situation when someon has items....ALSO im sick of people hatting on DRAGOON parts, people say thats cheep, well actually its not if ur good like me you could doge them by side stepping,

Also hers another reason WHY i love items, it can turn a whole match around, if ur playing a stock match and u have one life and the oppent has 2 lifes, well if a good item comes aruond such as a Assist trphy, than you could have a chance to come back..

Peple talk about skill, IF U HAVE SO MUCH SKILL WHY CANT U EVADE ITEMS.u know if u hit someone they drop the itme which means u can pick it up and use it better....it takes skill to use itmes CORRECTLY, IM SICK OF 40 YEAR OLD NERDS AND NOOBS SAYING, IT TAKES NO SKILL TO USE ITEMS IF U THINK THAT UR AN IDIOT

Biggest thing that makes me RRRRAGE is him saying it takes skill to use items. Throwing a bomb at a bunch of fucking bombs? Kids can figure that shit out.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 4, 2008, 10:26 PM
And another!

marth, ike, link, zelda, ganondorf, bowser, and jiggly puff

WOW ur an IDIOT, it is fair, cuz IF U WERE GOOD u could evade all of those final smashes, just read

-marth, when hes coming toward you and hes about half way there than SIDESTEPP!!!!!!!U IDIOT!!!

IKE-his is so easy just roll or side step, u can see his coming u idiot!!!!!!

Link-that ones easy to, when u see him try to get level with u then, start doging like crazy

Ganon dorf-okay his is a little tricky, when you think hes about to do it, do ur first jump, so u wont get stuck in ground, then do ur second jump, then he flys across screan, and misses u, but if the character ur using dosent have a good jump u might have to do an up special move also

Bower- i find his very easy, if your on a big stage than just keeps away from him, if ur on a small level like FINAL DESTINATION, than hers wat u do, first of all his final smash dosent last very long, heres what u do though, try to stay away from him, and when he comes near u do three doge rolls, keep doing this and u should only get a maximaum of 20 % damage

GAY PUFF- UR AN IODIOTI CANT BELVE THIS EXUSS FOR A BRAWL CHARACTERS ON UR LIST OR IN THE GAME
(sigh) well all u do is get on the edge of stage ...ur STUPID!!

Nitro Vordex
Jun 4, 2008, 10:29 PM
I think I blew a fuse reading that. -_-;

I do think items should be used in Brawl, though. It's meant to be fun, not a LOLSERIOUS FIGHTINGGAME.

VanHalen
Jun 4, 2008, 10:33 PM
Even as an item player, I have to rage at his 40 year old nerd generalization.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 4, 2008, 10:35 PM
It is meant to be fun but it's also deep enough to play competitively. In my opinion, there are a select few items that could be used in tourneys but that would still throw things off a bit. I'd rather see a shifting stage in a tourney then a select group of items.

The point is that you turn items on or off depending on who you're playing with and what you're trying to accomplish.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 4, 2008, 10:38 PM
MOAR ITEMS. ;o

PhotonDrop
Jun 4, 2008, 10:46 PM
Biggest thing that makes me RRRRAGE is him saying it takes skill to use items. Throwing a bomb at a bunch of fucking bombs? Kids can figure that shit out.

Now I ask, do you have enough sense to get out of the way? It's not that big of a suprise to have a crate blow up.

I'm not saying it takes skill to use an item. It takes skill to have enough situational awareness to not stand near items that have a possibility of exploding, or enough common sense to not run up to somebody holding a koopa shell.

Adaptability is skill. MINDGAEMS and patterns are not.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 4, 2008, 10:57 PM
Adaptability is skillful but there's a limit to it. If I'm having a one on one match to see which player is better, I don't want a Pokeball showing up. Granted, certain items do work but the majority don't. I like the arcadey feel of the game with items and I love how chaotic things can get, don't get me wrong. But I don't want luck with getting items to be a match deciding factor (note how you can get lucky with opponent errors :wink:).

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2008, 11:13 PM
I like having items, and yeah, part of skill is coping with circumstance, and taking advantage of the situation.

I turn off smash balls, though, they appear too damn often.

Sord
Jun 4, 2008, 11:31 PM
Despite the fact he got his point completely wrong, I still agree that items take some skill, especially to fight against. One reason is as PD says, it shows you have adaptability. A lot of people seem to froget that you can catch thrown items and throw them back for starters. And do to that, I see a lot of people who suck at doing it. Or that, you know, ANYONE CAN USE ITEMS, EVEN YOU! It's a randomized engine as per what drops and where (on/off settings aside,) the item can drop anywhere, near you or the other guy. Or it can be away from both of you and it's a rush to the item (and of course you fight while moving towards it, which uses, oh yeah, more skill!) Since neither of you really know where stuff is gonna drop, it very damn well is fair. I've played a few people that get their asses kicked with items on but kick ass themselves when they're off. That's because they do nothing but play mostly flat stages without any items on, they suck at timeing throws, grabbing/deflecting thrown items, etc. I still meet people who think the paper fan is the most useless item ever :disapprove: There is a way to dodge or block nearly every item. A lot of people are still dumb enough to throw pokeballs at you rather than down, so learn to catch it and use it yourself. Someone gonna hit you with a gun. you know, there is this wonderful SHIELD every character had.

Now don't get me wrong, I admit there are some cheap weapons in that game. Such as the damn raygun, which, if your character is at the right weight or at a low percetage, you can be be continously hit and knocked backwards off the screen. Light weight characters tend to get knocked out, but also, you could just dodge or shield them in the first place. The SmartDudbomb is also annoying, as it goes off in mid air, which can make it a pain to catch, or when you go to deflect, it may explode before hand.

So yeah, in my opinion, it's not that most "items" are cheap, it's more like, "you just suck against items." Because most people just focus on the "using" part rather than learning the "dodge/catch/block" half of it.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 4, 2008, 11:56 PM
I've always been good with item throwing trajectory and blocking though I never got into catching. I prefer to just block or dodge a thrown item instead of risking a failed catch.

The idea of adaptability is a fair argument but item drop locations still leave a lot of room for luck. You can adapt but if I'm going to have a match to see who is the better fighter I'm turning off items.

I play both with and without items and I do prefer to play with items on but I really want a fair fight with next to no luck outs, I'm turning the items off. Stages are a differet story. Stages allow you to adapt and change your strategy as you mosey around, especially busy stages like Pictochat (my favorite). In actuality, I have trouble playing Final Destination because it severely limits my options during a fight.

Dre_o
Jun 5, 2008, 10:07 AM
I think of it like this:

Items and wacky stages make Smash Bros WHAT IT IS. ONLY IN SMASH BROS can you throw a Bom-omb at someone, they catch it, and throw it back, only to watch an explosive box spawn between you two and blow both of you sky high.

If I wanted to play on a boring, flat, item-less playing field, I'd go play Tekken or something lame like that.

THIS IS SMASH BROTHERS! *kicks*

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 10:36 AM
I turn off smash balls because final smashes have such widely varying strength, from hard to hit with to insta-kill.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 5, 2008, 11:18 AM
I think of it like this:

Items and wacky stages make Smash Bros WHAT IT IS. ONLY IN SMASH BROS can you throw a Bom-omb at someone, they catch it, and throw it back, only to watch an explosive box spawn between you two and blow both of you sky high.

If I wanted to play on a boring, flat, item-less playing field, I'd go play Tekken or something lame like that.

THIS IS SMASH BROTHERS! *kicks*

All that is in good fun but, if you actually read anything here, we're debating whether contests of skill should include items. Even though items that are a bit more "fair", like swords and bombs, can still turn a match if it spawns right next to you. If I really want to have a test of skill, I'll be fighting without items.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 11:21 AM
*snipes the SSBB IGN Poster guy from three buildings away* i think everyone will be alot happier now that that living insult to the english language has been done away with *blows out the gun*

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 03:20 PM
Playing without items is twice as long and half as fun. ._.;

Mixfortune
Jun 5, 2008, 04:13 PM
Skill is playing the game with skill. Strange, I know.
Skill doesn't care about whether you want to make up your own rules or not, nor which way you think is the 'right' way to play the game.
If you want to judge other's opinions of how to play the game and how it relates to their level of skill, you're just being delusional.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 04:17 PM
Spamming the home run bat in SSBM is one thing.

Using it effectively is quite another.

*home run king*

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 04:19 PM
the point is this argument will last till doomsday (or until they stop making FF games... which ever comes first...) and i've gotten to the point were i just don't care anymore. skill is determined in the heat of battle when everything is falling apart around you, the last one standing is the most skill full, end of story. also another thing that pisses me off, luck is part of skill, its one of many factors, another is experience playing the game. items or not it all comes down to who survives, trying to determine skill through staged matches won't work.

PhotonDrop
Jun 5, 2008, 06:58 PM
And another!

GAY PUFF- UR AN IODIOTI CANT BELVE THIS EXUSS FOR A BRAWL CHARACTERS ON UR LIST OR IN THE GAME
(sigh) well all u do is get on the edge of stage ...ur STUPID!!

This child is also stupid for doubting the might of Jigglypuff.

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 07:32 PM
Spamming the home run bat in SSBM is one thing.

Using it effectively is quite another.

*home run king*

In brawl, I just toss it for the massive knockback. Good way to kill someone off, and it has a shock value, since everybody knows you're supposed to smash, not toss it.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 07:34 PM
they really killed the homerun value for the bat, it has no range at all now, more devastating just to through it

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah... Whereas the beam sword now has battering value instead of being mainly a thrown attack.

Weeaboolits
Jun 5, 2008, 07:39 PM
I always throw beam swords, dunno why, but I throw them more than I actually swing them.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
heh you can actually develop a rather unpredictable fighting style based solely on slashing with the beam sword, throwing, catching as it rebounds off the opponent then running in for the kill

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:02 PM
they really killed the homerun value for the bat, it has no range at all now, more devastating just to through it

I know, they screwed up me Bat! D:<

Takes an eternity to wind up, and even then it wasn't the instant kill it was.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:02 PM
it has actually become dangerous to wind the blood thing up

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:06 PM
unless you somehow got behind them while they did a smash or something, it's almost impossible. :(

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:09 PM
you have to charge while they are falling towards you, your timing has to be perfect, and even then its pathetically easy to dodge

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:11 PM
I air dodged Marths Final smash once. o_O

And sidestepped Ike's.

Actually it might be the other way around, but don't hold me to it.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:14 PM
don't bother with air dodge, just hit the jump button the moment marth finishes his matrix pose, it works almost every time, if you don't believe me ask random :wacko:

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:21 PM
Lol. Only that bad in pit-less areas.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:21 PM
Side rant:
Why the fuck does everyone have to use Marth/Ike and their damn counters?!

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:23 PM
If they counter, do a few dash grabs until they get the message.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:23 PM
i use lucario's counter

Weeaboolits
Jun 5, 2008, 08:25 PM
Counters only work right if you time it well, otherwise it leaves you really vulnerable.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:25 PM
I just use Sonic to piss them off. :)

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:29 PM
ugh sonic's final smash *facepalm* there is only one place where i can survive that, a custom stage i made that focuses on the strengths of lucario and ike

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:30 PM
Its because, unlike Volt Tackle, Super Sonic has precise control. (Assuming you want it, anyways)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
Precise? Are you kidding me?

Of course when you play him enough, you can get it precise, but for a newb, it's be horrible.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:38 PM
or for someone use to firing their lazer

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:47 PM
o_O

Speaking of lazers, Lucario's FTW.

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:51 PM
ha! yeah, the more you beat him down the more he dishes it back out

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:54 PM
I believe he means Aura Cannon... IS Aura Cannon affected by Aura?

TalHex
Jun 5, 2008, 09:00 PM
aura cannon is indeed effected, it get bigger

KodiaX987
Jun 5, 2008, 09:08 PM
NO ITEMS

FOX ONLY

FINAL DESTINATION

Tourneyfags don't deserve Brawl.

Blitzkommando
Jun 5, 2008, 09:15 PM
ITT people bitching about other's English when they themselves use the word "through" to mean "throw".

Weeaboolits
Jun 5, 2008, 09:31 PM
ITT people bitching about other's English when they themselves use the word "through" to mean "throw".Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't even paying attention to be honest. *fixes*

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 09:47 PM
Tourneyfags don't deserve Brawl.

Everyone on the site should have this sigged.

Because it's fucking truth.

Sord
Jun 6, 2008, 03:01 AM
I know, they screwed up me Bat! D:<

Takes an eternity to wind up, and even then it wasn't the instant kill it was.

QFT, I never smash it anymore, just item juggle it on people