PDA

View Full Version : So I just played my first round of Magic...

SpikeOtacon
Jun 4, 2008, 11:59 PM
...since probably 1995-96. It was against myself, with two precon decks, Izzet Gizmometry and Mortal Coil.

It was a fierce battle, with the power of Red/Blue fighing against Black/Blue. Unfortunately for Gizmometry, a handful of decent cards were unplayable due to the "target nonblue spell", of which the Mortal set had just enough to keep it at bay. Izzet started off doing damage, and got Mortal down to 14 points before Mortal's army built up and crushed the Izzet's gizmos down to 4 points in a few short turns. Izzet held on for dear life for 3 more turns afterwards, but in the end it could not stop the onslaught.

Final score:

Izzet Deck: -3
Mortal Deck: 12

/nerd moment.

Sayara
Jun 5, 2008, 12:04 AM
i played my friends green/black deck aeons ago (like easily 7 years ago)

the hillarity was i had so many 0/x monsters, i couldn't attack head on ever :wacko: though i was always in group games so i was never fought at. I was like a forest/swamp switzerland!

Weeaboolits
Jun 5, 2008, 12:08 AM
My friend tried to teach me, but I didn't really take interest, the zombie raptor card was pretty cool though.

SpikeOtacon
Jun 5, 2008, 12:08 AM
Yeah, the last game I played I was sitting at the lunch table at some elementary/middle school with my friend Alan and after that match I sold off my Sliver deck to some guy.

I miss that deck. ;_;

Sord
Jun 5, 2008, 12:48 AM
my friend tried to reteach me around this time last year. We didn't get to into it though, still have a deck. It's a fire/swamp one.

SpikeOtacon
Jun 5, 2008, 01:04 AM
It took my friend Greg about that long to convince me to pick up a deck. He donated one deck to me today and I bought another while we were out.

NPCMook
Jun 5, 2008, 03:13 AM
To bad magic sucks now... Its all about who can get their combo off first and instantly kill their opponent.

GET OUT, GET OUT NOW!

The internet ruined Magic pretty much, why buy a booster pack when you can simply go and buy the cards you want to use in your deck

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 03:50 AM
The internet ruined every trading card game in existance pretty much, why buy a booster pack when you can simply go and buy the cards you want to use in your deck

Fixed for painful truth.

Solstis
Jun 5, 2008, 12:01 PM
I remember my white/blue shut-down, stay alive forever deck. Counterspell! I'm sure the game mechanics changed or something, though.

Oh, and my Black/White deck basically gave me insane amounts of health. Oh, and that Angel of... Armageddon or something that destroyed all lands. Really annoying and fun.

Scrub
Jun 5, 2008, 12:06 PM
Blue Control decks are banned from play around me and my friends.

Because when they aren't, everybody plays them, and nobody can fucking do anything because everyone else counters it immediately and it just gets really boring.

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 12:11 PM
I remember my white/blue shut-down, stay alive forever deck. Counterspell! I'm sure the game mechanics changed or something, though.

Oh, and my Black/White deck basically gave me insane amounts of health. Oh, and that Angel of... Armageddon or something that destroyed all lands. Really annoying and fun.

Desolation Angel?

Only major mechanics change was the Sixth Edition change.

Solstis
Jun 5, 2008, 12:29 PM
Oh yeah, Desolation Angel. My friend didn't think I would be crazy enough to play it. How wrong he was.

amtalx
Jun 5, 2008, 04:29 PM
I ALWAYS win with Fireball. And by Fireball I mean a cigarette lighter and a can of hair spray. 0 casting cos,t and does way more than 20 damage.

Tact
Jun 5, 2008, 04:32 PM
I ALWAYS win with Fireball. And by Fireball I mean a cigarette lighter and a can of hair spray. 0 casting cos,t and does way more than 20 damage.

It has a casting cost. The cost is the lighter fluid and the hair spray you use. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
Possible chance of Backfire. :wacko:

amtalx
Jun 5, 2008, 04:49 PM
It has a casting cost. The cost is the lighter fluid and the hair spray you use. :wacko:

*uses Fireball*

What was that?

astuarlen
Jun 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
Clearly Tact has not yet mastered Steal Borrow (lv 3).

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 07:37 PM
*uses Fireball*

What was that?

Oh? I use fireproof sleeves. Lotus, Mox Ruby, Channel. FIREBALL.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:12 PM
*gets Zippo and butane*

You guys might want to move.

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
Thats not gonna create anything near mine. Mine kills people with almost godly power. Almost because they can die.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:27 PM
*forgets to mention he didn't say how much he had of each*

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:28 PM
*forgot to mention time stop*

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
*forgot to mention magic jammer*

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:54 PM
*forgot to mention counterspells, split second, &c.)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 08:57 PM
*forgot to mention he drained the area of any mana/life energy/chi*

Randomness
Jun 5, 2008, 08:58 PM
Lol. I only used artifact mana there.