PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnake > Baret?

jayster
Jun 5, 2008, 10:07 AM
Why is the rattlesnake worth so much more than the shigga baret if they drop on the same mission, have the same drop rate, and have the same synth rate. Not to mention that shotguns are stronger than rifles anyways and people usually have more than 1.

TakNatali
Jun 5, 2008, 10:16 AM
I've noticed that as well. Seems like blackbulls and rattlesnakes are far more rare even tho they shouldn't be...Maybe there aren't enough ppl doing the runs where rattlesnake drops and theres just a surplus of shotguns ^^

Deissa
Jun 5, 2008, 10:22 AM
because baret drops more than rattlesnake?

i've already found 2 baret boards there, and an orpad/guard, but no rattlesnake. i find it hard to believe that they have the same drop rate.

jobber
Jun 5, 2008, 10:31 AM
I use Snakes over Barets because shotgun PAs don't do knockdown. You can keep any enemy at a distance with a shot PA over lvl 30.

Neith
Jun 5, 2008, 10:49 AM
because baret drops more than rattlesnake?

i've already found 2 baret boards there, and an orpad/guard, but no rattlesnake. i find it hard to believe that they have the same drop rate.

I've found 4 Rattlesnakes, and am yet to see a Baret board drop.

Dirkster111
Jun 5, 2008, 10:56 AM
Barets are fugly to say the least.

TakNatali
Jun 5, 2008, 11:01 AM
Word. I'll take my cool looking desta any day :)

Csero
Jun 5, 2008, 11:02 AM
I have done that mission maybe 40 times since I started playing. I have found two Rattlesnakes, one Shigga Baret, an Orpad/Guard, and a Sleep/Resist. So I would say from personal experience that the Baret seems harder to find. Perhaps there isn't as big a demand? I mean my Shigga Destas are good enough for me. Baret isn't my style.

Ithildin
Jun 5, 2008, 11:03 AM
I've only seen you use a Rattlesnake Dirk and no one else. I have seen several players use Baret. Rattlesnakes not only look better, they must be more rare and yes, you can knockdown.

Neith
Jun 5, 2008, 11:06 AM
If I had to guess, I'd say that it's because of the 10* versions. Look at how easy a Shigga Desta is to get, in comprison to a Blackbull. Sure, Mizurakihoh isn't too hard to get, but that's almost useless outside of Killer Shot anyway.

Because a lot of people can easily get a Desta, they're happy with it. When they look at the difficulty of getting a Blackbull, I'm guessing they're inclined to think 'what the hell, may as well go for the 11*'. Due to that, demand is higher for the Rattlesnake, so people push their prices up.

As mentioned too, Baret isn't liked visually by a lot of people. Personally, I don't mind it (prefer Barec though), but Desta looks awesome.

In my experience, Rattlesnake is the more common drop, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're exactly the same rate.

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 11:19 AM
I'd say it has nothing to do with rarity and is all about popularity

More people like the rattlesnake so it sells higher

Golto
Jun 5, 2008, 11:24 AM
Its been my personal experience that Barets drop close to 2x more often than Rattlesnakes for me. Barets are ugly and the upcoming anticipation of Spread Needle /Gs helped to drive down the price of Barets. There will not be a better rifle than Rattlesnake this year for us it seems.

Since 5-28 I've pretty much only done solo DGS2s

[B] Shigga Baret x8 lol
[B] Rattlesnake x5
Orpad / Guard x 8~9

Before Mag

[B] Shigga Baret x 5
[B] Rattlesnale x2

amtalx
Jun 5, 2008, 11:34 AM
In general, you will find more people that have found Barets than Rattlesnakes.

desturel
Jun 5, 2008, 11:44 AM
Because a lot of people can easily get a Desta, they're happy with it. When they look at the difficulty of getting a Blackbull, I'm guessing they're inclined to think 'what the hell, may as well go for the 11*'. Due to that, demand is higher for the Rattlesnake, so people push their prices up.

I don't think Blackbull is that difficult to find. I've been searching for Agito Edge off and on in True Darkness S. I've found 3 Blackbull, 4 Ank Dedda, and 1 Halarod. Only 2 Agito Edge. I'm doing S instead of S2 because I can run S in about 7 mins while S2 takes me about 12~15 mins. Since Agito Edge drops at either Rank, might as well go for the quicker run.

As for Baret, I've found two of those helping a friend look for Rattlesnake. I'm pretty happy with my Van Brella's and Madam Brella's that I'm willing to wait for my Spread Needle /G so I've given the Baret away to two friend who wanted them so far.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
I've seen 3 Baret boards and 0 Rattlesnakes. Also, just by looking in shops you can plainly tell which board seems to be more common.

jayster
Jun 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
Its been my personal experience that Barets drop close to 2x more often than Rattlesnakes for me. Barets are ugly and the upcoming anticipation of Spread Needle /Gs helped to drive down the price of Barets. There will not be a better rifle than Rattlesnake this year for us it seems.

Since 5-28 I've pretty much only done solo DGS2s

[B] Shigga Baret x8 lol
[B] Rattlesnake x5
Orpad / Guard x 8~9

Before Mag

[B] Shigga Baret x 5
[B] Rattlesnale x2

In my hunts, I'v found 7 rattlesnake boards, 6 orpad / guards, and 3 shigga baret boards. I'm pretty sure the drop rate is the same for the rattlesnake and baret atleast, it just depends on your personal luck for which you get the most.

I've seen 3 Baret boards and 0 Rattlesnakes. Also, just by looking in shops you can plainly tell which board seems to be more common.

there's so many rattlesnake now that they don't all even show up in the shop listing. If you search by price, it only goes up to about 70million. And we all know that there are countless rattlesnakes in shop for atleast 99,999,999.

It doesn't seem that the baret is more common, but yet the price is way cheaper. That's why I made this thread.

norrisj15
Jun 5, 2008, 12:39 PM
It's because shigga baret is a very little gain over desta while Rattlesnake is a larger gain in effectiveness. Also looks play a role. I know for me I'd rather use a Desta than a Baret, it looks lame. Desta's are also a heck of a lot easier to get than Blackbulls, so S-rank rifles are that much more indemand. Lastly, people plan on using the all powerful spreed needles instead of using a baret. The needle is just ridiculous.

RegulusHikari
Jun 5, 2008, 12:47 PM
In general, you will find more people that don't want Barets than Rattlesnakes.

I think that about sums it up.

The Desta is more popular, while the Rattlesnake is pretty badass. Still, I prefer the Baret for the FUCKING CANNONBALLS... but that's just me. Maybe it's just so Bulzeeb can satisfy his pseudo-pirate fantasies. :wacko:

mvffin
Jun 5, 2008, 01:04 PM
also because shotgun ATP matters much less than Rifle ATP. Neither is that much of an effect, but there's a difference of 13-25 ATP in Desta/Baret.

Rambo!
Jun 5, 2008, 01:17 PM
i disagree i only keep 1 shotgun on my pallet but keep several rifles on hand for stun lock. Most people i know that play only use 1 or 2 shotties but have multiple rifles on there pallet.

Deissa
Jun 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
I like Desta's design, but that thing fires stale cheese-balls, dammit. Nasty.
If Desta fired cannonballs like Baret did, I might use it.

So Baret works fine for me.

RegulusHikari
Jun 5, 2008, 01:25 PM
My setup with FG usually is:

Rifle
Rifle
Shotgun
Shotgun
Twins
Grenade/Laser

With Mech and Crossbow on standby if I feel like using them. I'll have some extra phantoms for KS, but that's it. Shotguns need a LOT less recharging as well, so there's not as much of a need to upgrade.

Csero
Jun 5, 2008, 01:30 PM
i disagree i only keep 1 shotgun on my pallet but keep several rifles on hand for stun lock. Most people i know that play only use 1 or 2 shotties but have multiple rifles on there pallet.

Agreed. I have two Blackbulls for my Killer Shot, and a Rattlesnake I use for everything else. I know Yohmei rifles are better for Killer Shot, but same thing with the Shigga Baret, I don't like how Yohmei rifles look, so I don't use them. I only sport two Destas which I plan to replace with a Spead Needle and a Killer Elite when that is resleased.

It seems a lot of people go for style over functionality. I though I was the one of the few who did that.

darkante
Jun 5, 2008, 01:56 PM
I have done plenty of Desert Goliath mission.
All i have got for it is 3 Orpad Guards and 1 Rattlesnake which made through the synth yay.

I just went and bought a Shigga Barec a while ago because of 3 reasons.

1. I hate DG as much as White Beast meaning..i torture myself through it but not now..ever!

2. Cannonballs seems very lame, so i rather spend it on bullets i like. =)

3. From what i have gathered..Shigga Barec is better in both PP and ATT if grinded properely so also a better reason..shame it has broken a couple of times though. :S

Turb0
Jun 5, 2008, 02:59 PM
From my experiences, the baret drops more. I've seen 5 rattlesnakes drop and probably around 10 barets so it doesn't seem like they have the same drop rate imo. Also, the demand for barets is probably decreasing because we have the spread needles on the way.

Nirvash7
Jun 5, 2008, 03:16 PM
I haven't seen any rattlesnakes drop in a long time. All I've seen are those other shitty 9* boards. But the baret can screw off because I'm getting a spread needle.

Dragwind
Jun 5, 2008, 04:25 PM
I suppose there have been many different outcomes from hunts, but I've never seen a Rattlesnake [B] yet, and I crave for one. I've seen 2 Baret boards drop, but to others.

XenithFlare
Jun 5, 2008, 05:59 PM
<_< To the people who've found four Rattlesnake boards:

Gib. I've never found ANYTHING in that mission... D:

Mikura
Jun 5, 2008, 06:04 PM
<_< To the people who've found four Rattlesnake boards:

Gib. I've never found ANYTHING in that mission... D:

I've only found ONE Baret board there. >_> I don't know how people are coming out with "multiples" of Rattlesnakes and/or Barets. ._.

RegulusHikari
Jun 5, 2008, 06:09 PM
Personally, I've received a Baret, Snake (which failed), 2 Orpad Guards and an Orpad Legs from that mission IIRC. Oh, and a metric shitton of Sleep Resists. @_@

I've done at least 100 runs since the V1 drop rate rebalance and have seen around 3 Barets and Rattlesnakes each. Lately we can't seem to find anything. ._.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 5, 2008, 06:13 PM
Barets are fugly to say the least.

You're right. Jet black Barecs are way better.

XenithFlare
Jun 5, 2008, 07:36 PM
Personally, I've received a Baret, Snake (which failed), 2 Orpad Guards and an Orpad Legs from that mission IIRC. Oh, and a metric fuckton of Sleep Resists. @_@

I've done at least 100 runs since the V1 drop rate rebalance and have seen around 3 Barets and Rattlesnakes each. Lately we can't seem to find anything. ._.

Fix'd. :3

norrisj15
Jun 5, 2008, 08:01 PM
5 ATP difference between baret and desta....so its like useless end of story.

Csero
Jun 5, 2008, 08:13 PM
You know, someone should organize a seasonal Rattlesnake hunt.

jayster
Jun 5, 2008, 10:28 PM
Personally, I've received a Baret, Snake (which failed), 2 Orpad Guards and an Orpad Legs from that mission IIRC. Oh, and a metric shitton of Sleep Resists. @_@

oh really?

Gen2000
Jun 5, 2008, 11:38 PM
Some gunners also believe Baret multi-shots less than Desta/Needle/normal shotgun bullets so that may be another small factor in it too.

Turb0
Jun 6, 2008, 01:15 AM
Some gunners also believe Baret multi-shots less than Desta/Needle/normal shotgun bullets so that may be another small factor in it too.

Sounds like another rumor with nothing to back it up imo.

XFoxPrower
Jun 7, 2008, 03:37 PM
Everyone seems to have a different Rattlesnacke to Baret ratio. Could Section IDs have made a quiet comeback? :D

Battlestar
Jun 7, 2008, 04:14 PM
5 ATP difference between baret and desta....so its like useless end of story.

atp matters a lot on shotguns.

I think the reason for the recent price drop in barets is because everyone's getting a SN/G soon anyway so they're worthless.

Guru_Pitka_39
Jun 7, 2008, 11:01 PM
Shigga Barec 10/10 Ftw!!! :-D

jayster
Jun 7, 2008, 11:45 PM

I think the reason for the recent price drop in barets is because everyone's getting a SN/G soon anyway so they're worthless.

Atp doesn't matter on shotguns. A month or so ago I tried out a 1* shotty and my baret, I found on avg that the baret only did like 20-30 more damage. Using a 3* shotty uped it to about 10-20 damage. Your base atp matters most for shottys.

darkante
Jun 8, 2008, 01:46 AM

Sorry to say but it doesnt. Its base atp that matters most.
So kubara weapon is the way to go. :P

*Hugs my shigga barec*

Tetsaru
Jun 8, 2008, 02:11 AM
Everyone seems to have a different Rattlesnacke to Baret ratio. Could Section IDs have made a quiet comeback? :D

Y'know, sometimes I wonder about that, lol... Some people say that you tend to get more rares if you don't do the mission for a while... lots of crazy theories. O_o;

But yeah, I managed to get a Shigga Baret from there, though I had to trade a VERY nice axe (Ank Zagza 42% ice that I managed to make :3) for my Rattlesnake. Now that I have both, I never want to run Desert Goliath EVER AGAIN. Even though it's buttloads easier than it was in the past, and since I'm on PC I don't get the lag from robots, I STILL hate doing that damned mission... >_<X

a-NUB-is
Jun 8, 2008, 02:21 AM
Atp doesn't matter on shotguns. A month or so ago I tried out a 1* shotty and my baret, I found on avg that the baret only did like 20-30 more damage. Using a 3* shotty uped it to about 10-20 damage. Your base atp matters most for shottys.

Same thing with %'s on weapons. People hate on me for using 9*'s still. I would prefer a 50% 9* for 2mil that does the same as a 30mil 10 or 11*.. I mean honestly..

darkante
Jun 8, 2008, 03:50 AM
Y'know, sometimes I wonder about that, lol... Some people say that you tend to get more rares if you don't do the mission for a while... lots of crazy theories. O_o;

But yeah, I managed to get a Shigga Baret from there, though I had to trade a VERY nice axe (Ank Zagza 42% ice that I managed to make :3) for my Rattlesnake. Now that I have both, I never want to run Desert Goliath EVER AGAIN. Even though it's buttloads easier than it was in the past, and since I'm on PC I don't get the lag from robots, I STILL hate doing that damned mission... >_<X

I hate that mission as well. Getting knocked around all the time isnīt exactly fun. :S
And the boss is just irritating....teleporting all around....damn coward...>.>

XFoxPrower
Jun 8, 2008, 03:02 PM

Now that one sounds like a feature that could have inspired GBR.

Nirvash7
Jun 8, 2008, 03:40 PM

Orpad / Legs don't drop there! And I've never found a sleep / resist there, but everything else.

jobber
Jun 9, 2008, 03:01 PM

When the V1 drops were increased, I found 3 Snakes and 1 Baret in 1 week.....then the weeks after all I found was Barets and Orpad/Guards. I found 3 snakes in 3 months. Last one I found I had 0 luck. The rest I found with 2-3 * luck. I ran DG all weekend and all I found was a sleep/resist -_-

Turb0
Jun 9, 2008, 03:10 PM
Luck doesn't affect boss boxes.

Scottbot
Jun 9, 2008, 03:21 PM
In my personal experience baret drops more. i've done more solo runs than i care to remember and had several barets but still the snake eludes me! had to farm blackbulls (found 10 in 3days on TD S) to pay 35million for a snake. same old with phantasy star hunting lol

Delete
Jun 9, 2008, 05:08 PM
Word. I'll take my cool looking desta any day :)

Same here, i love my 8/8 desta more than any other weapon i have. (not really)

Tekershee
Jun 9, 2008, 05:17 PM
Well in the past day, I've seen 4 Barets drop, two orpad/guards, two sleep/resists and still no rattlesnake ;_;