PDA

View Full Version : HELP W/GRINDING!

r00tabaga
Jun 5, 2008, 11:43 AM
last week I tried grinding for the 1st time since AOTI and noticed that it said no chance of failure and since I had full photon fortune, I used a grinder+1 instead of A+2 or 3 and the grind FAILED! I thought no chance of failure was really legit........does this happen alot? My Flowen's sword was one of my fav's from PSO and wanted to get to at least 5 but am now worried about more fails............................................. ...............

Telina
Jun 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
http://psupedia.info/Weapon_grinding#A-rank_weapons

Although it says "no chance of failure" there is still roughly a 5% chance of failure. It is very misleading and boarder line unfair to use such 'certain' words where there is no absolute certainty. The grind chard in the link shows the approximate percentages while grinding, and may be useful in the future to weigh your risks to rewards.

Criss
Jun 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
Well, I think there's still a very very slight chance that is fails at first grind if you use low grade grinders. At least weapons aren't completely destroyed with failing grinds anymore. :\

Chris28
i saw a grind chart once that had percentages, and ever with 3 luck, the first grind can still fail if you use a low grinder, something like 98% success rate. the higher the grinder you use, the more chance you'll have to succeed.

Astarin
I think "No Chance of Failure" actually means something like 95% success rate. Personally, I've never failed one with that message, but I've heard it can happen. Just go for it... if you fail it doesn't destroy the weapon, and a low-grind, broken one is still more useful than a totally ungrinded weapon anyway.

Edit: Good lord, you people are fast! No replies when I typed, yet there's three replies above mine XD

R2D6battlebot
Jun 5, 2008, 11:52 AM
I've grinded more weapons than God, and I have yet to fail on the first grind.

BigshowPat
Jun 5, 2008, 11:53 AM
This is SEGA, there is always going to be a chance of failing a grind. Especially when they're telling us there is NO CHANCE OF FAILURE.

That really sucks that happened to you, I've never had any luck grinding at all as well. Good luck in future grinds!

r00tabaga
Jun 5, 2008, 11:57 AM
thx for the chart....it was just wierd that it happened on a day where I had 3 star luck too! I have done grinds before AOTI came out and never failed on a 1st try. I will probably just wait for the 15% upgrade bonus after the next MaxG. Thx to all who replied!

chaostroop3
Jun 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
at least it wasent a rikauteri =( i broke mine down to 4 and going to 1 it broke and then at 2 the next time it broke =[

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 01:55 PM
If its one of your favorites just grind away, since you're not going to sell it all you stand to do is gain power even at 1/1 lol

Kumlekar
Jun 5, 2008, 03:09 PM
I failed the first grind twice in a row on my song for death, then in the same day on a crimson. All grinders were S+4 or higher. I think I had 2 luck, not sure. For the record only one of those said no chance of failure. Fortuanetly my attempts since then have worked, but I've taken to just buying most of my weapons.

Cleptomaniac
Jun 5, 2008, 03:39 PM
I've grinded more weapons than God, and I have yet to fail on the first grind.

I agree and I refuse to believe anyone that says otherwise until it happens to me. I grind EVERYDAY whether it be 2 or 3* luck and I have yet to break when it says "no chance of failure."

Niloklives
Jun 5, 2008, 03:54 PM
I'grinded hundred upon hundred of weapons and never seen that happen. I'm not calling people liars but that no chance of failure thing is probably more like 99% and be ne improved with better grinders.

seriously I NEVER break anything going to 1