PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Bells

hazerdous
Jun 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
Wedding time is always a fun time and now the pa update this should keep us busy.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 5, 2008, 12:25 PM
The "wedding ceremony" part is kinda boring.
(needs more honeymoons )

And technically, wouldn't the PA update keep us less busy since we'd level out pa's and then have more free time left over?

Kylie
Jun 5, 2008, 12:25 PM
I did a wedding type photo shoot last year, and it was a fun change of pace. I might do something similar this year.

Astarin
Jun 5, 2008, 12:26 PM
Are we talking in-game, or RL weddings? :wacko:

Duuuurrrr. Evidently, I can't read. Nevermind.

So uh... yeah. On topic, I have no idea. I've never gotten any proposals! I'd do it. Could be fun. We can marry and bicker like old people!

Hey12389
Jun 5, 2008, 12:28 PM
They are talking in Game, And Yeah I think its fun its something different you know

goldbrease
Jun 5, 2008, 12:52 PM
I always enjoy the wedding cake! i will be there to eat yours!

AuroraBlaze
Jun 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
Mmmmmm cake...

Cracka_J
Jun 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
got married irl last december.
irl weddings>>>video game weddings.

they also involve 4 of the greatest things man will ever come across in their lifetimes;
friends, food, alcohol, and sex.

just skip the in-game weddings, kids. the real deal is much better :D

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 5, 2008, 01:23 PM
The real deal is better when you have the financial stability to do it :P

But on topic I think PSU weddings could at least bring about some nice pictures so I suppose it's ok.

Kylie
Jun 5, 2008, 01:41 PM
got married irl last december.
irl weddings>>>video game weddings.

they also involve 4 of the greatest things man will ever come across in their lifetimes;

Well, yeah. The end of one's life should always be special. :r

ashley50
Jun 5, 2008, 01:45 PM
PSU or ANY kind or Ingame weddings are just...how do i say it? Stupid?

Xaeris
Jun 5, 2008, 01:46 PM
No. Then again, I think real weddings are boring too, so...

Iduno
Jun 5, 2008, 02:25 PM
IMO that is quite possibly one of the saddest things you can do lol relationships and gaming should never be that close its just weird I could understand maybe getting some friends together to celebrate someone proposing in real life, but holding a wedding ceromony in game just seems sad

unicorn
Jun 5, 2008, 03:16 PM
Are gay marriages legal in PSU?

afterthoughtz
Jun 5, 2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry i'm new to this game, what exactly is this wedding thing??

Seority
Jun 5, 2008, 03:23 PM
Are gay marriages legal in PSU?
XD Nice, and they should! Even though weddings are player planned, not planned by Sega (Thank God!), so it should be.

I'd like to get married in PSU. No harm right? It's kinda like just having a dress up party with all my intarwebz friends. ^_^

CelestialBlade
Jun 5, 2008, 03:27 PM
I will diss in-game weddings to make myself feel superior too. Hooray for low self-esteem!

xEndrance
Jun 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
RedRazor Will You Mary Me!!
I would love to have a wedding =]
I would marry a boy or girl <33

Cracka_J
Jun 5, 2008, 03:43 PM
Well, yeah. The end of one's life should always be special. :r

:P

My wife said she was trying to get one of those "game over" t-shirts for me as a wedding present. I don't have an image link, but it was basically guy/girl stick figures dressed in tux/wedding dress, while the guy stick figure is dropping his controller. I found it rather amusing when we first saw it in shops.

unfortunately, she couldn't find it when our wedding rolled around T_T

RegulusHikari
Jun 5, 2008, 03:51 PM
I will diss in-game weddings to make myself feel superior too. Hooray for low self-esteem!

And what does having a different opinion have to do with having low self esteem? Forgive me for not jumping on the bandwagon and marrying myself off in a game that involves killing, synthing, and leveling. I've got better things to do with my time. Screwing around is one thing, but developing a serious relationship with somebody you've never really spent time with is another.

Ken_Silver
Jun 5, 2008, 04:11 PM
Moral of the Story:

It is a Game. If you can kill monsters in-game, why not marry in-game?

It's not official. There's no benefit to doing so or not so. It gives players who are tired of normal gameplay something to do.

So why not let them do it? Who's harmed by it?

Besides, it's a game. It doesn't really mean anything in the end.

Let them have their fun and don't ruin it for them.

Fiohna
Jun 5, 2008, 04:21 PM
And what does having a different opinion have to do with having low self esteem? Forgive me for not jumping on the bandwagon and marrying myself off in a game that involves killing, synthing, and leveling. I've got better things to do with my time. Screwing around is one thing, but developing a serious relationship with somebody you've never really spent time with is another.

Who ever said marriages in an online game had to be about a serious relationship? People do something called role-playing. In-game, I have a daughter, brother-in-law, and a sister-in-law (husband is nowhere to be found), thank you very much. I find myself to have a whole lot more fun when adding role-playing into the game.

It's not mandatory to RP to have fun, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not everyone who gets married in online games is doing it because they're actually in love with the other player, they might just be role-playing a character who's in love with another character.

RegulusHikari
Jun 5, 2008, 04:26 PM
Who ever said marriages in an online game had to be about a serious relationship? People do something called role-playing. In-game, I have a daughter, brother-in-law, and a sister-in-law (husband is nowhere to be found), thank you very much. I find myself to have a whole lot more fun when adding role-playing into the game.

It's not mandatory to RP to have fun, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not everyone who gets married in online games is doing it because they're actually in love with the other player, they might just be role-playing a character who's in love with another character.

Screwing around is one thing, but developing a serious relationship with somebody you've never really spent time with is another.

I'm sure I made my point clear. I RP (my gunner, Bulzeeb from Bomberman 64:TSA is BUILT off of it), but there are some people who really think they're making something, when they're just setting themselves up for some serious disappointment.

Just because you don't take it seriously doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. My statement wasn't aimed at roleplayers.

amtalx
Jun 5, 2008, 04:35 PM
I think I'm done with weddings for a while, thanks. ;)

The_Great_Sebrof56
Jun 5, 2008, 07:27 PM
I always enjoy the wedding cake! i will be there to eat yours!
Too bad its hollow plastic.

Rust
Jun 5, 2008, 07:33 PM
Anyone let me know where and when every wedding is taking place. It's been a long time since Rust didn't dance on a priest during a wedding ceremony. (And yes, he did dance on the priest during his own wedding ceremony too. Whatever, it was only a wedding for personal benefits, money and all...) :wacko:

Shinko
Jun 5, 2008, 08:03 PM

i totally agree with this

Zorafim
Jun 5, 2008, 08:16 PM
but developing a serious relationship with somebody you've never really spent time with is another.

Oh God... You realize that these things aren't to be taken seriously, right? Many online games have weddings, they're hardly something to worry about. I've seen friends, both male, marry male and female characters just because they can. This is just another way to screw around in the game, please don't take it seriously.

CelestialBlade
Jun 5, 2008, 08:16 PM
Some people like that sorta thing, though. There's no reason to diss them because your opinion is different.

Ken_Silver
Jun 5, 2008, 10:10 PM
Oh God... You realize that these things aren't to be taken seriously, right? Many online games have weddings, they're hardly something to worry about. I've seen friends, both male, marry male and female characters just because they can. This is just another way to screw around in the game, please don't take it seriously.

THIS sums it all up. Thank you Zorafim.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled forums.

Maskim
Jun 5, 2008, 10:43 PM
Listen to Tom Leykis and stop talking about getting married. :P

ErtaiClou
Jun 5, 2008, 10:50 PM
Listen to Tom Leykis and stop talking about getting married. :P

Tomorrow is flash Friday anyway so turn on those headlights!

Stryker Diaz
Jun 5, 2008, 11:02 PM
I know a certain someone I wanna marry .////. xD

for fun of course :P

Wouldnt mind having someone to look forward to seeing in gamer world xD

afterthoughtz
Jun 6, 2008, 04:02 PM
Can someone PLEASE explain this whole "getting married" thing to me? Like, as it an actual event you can take part in, or are all the lobbies just wedding themed and people "pretend" to have weddings??

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 6, 2008, 04:26 PM
I think in-game marriages seem to be MUCH more fun than real life marriages. RL Marriage looks like a royal pain in the ass while in-game marriages are mostly to fool around, so it's all cool.

DoubleJG
Jun 6, 2008, 05:09 PM
Can someone PLEASE explain this whole "getting married" thing to me? Like, as it an actual event you can take part in, or are all the lobbies just wedding themed and people "pretend" to have weddings??

Exactly. Wedding lobbies are up all over the place, and people "pretend" to have a ceremony, as many people have said before me, for the fun of it.

You don't gain anything from marrying someone in-game, nor do you miss out on something if you don't. Some players enjoy this game for the community and social aspect, so things such as "getting married" entertain them, and it also gives them a break from tedious leveling and hunting.

To the people who wonder why some people would do this, a better question would be, if you want to, why not? If you're all about leveling and hunting, that's cool, just ignore the big bells all over the place. If you want to do something fun and amusing with a special someone, that's fine too. Hell, my girlfriend and I both play this game, so who knows...

:lol:

afterthoughtz
Jun 6, 2008, 05:20 PM
Ok thanks bro, i think a break from all the leveling and rare item hunting on s2 runs sounds nice...