PDA

View Full Version : What new weapon style would you like to see in the next PSU expansion?

NegaTsukasa
Jun 6, 2008, 01:04 AM
every expansion comes out with a unique new weapon. In Illuminous, the most unique was the whips.

We know there will be another expansion to finish off the story possibly.

So what new weapon would you like to see make its appearence?

For me it'll have to be the Scythe!

It was a unique classic to PSO and can make an excellent weapon category in the new game!

I Don't see any other Major weapon that could be used that has a unique style to it.

Pehaps another thing I would also I would like to see is hand held photon grenades!
just chuck em and pull another out! though those probably wouldn't be as full proof as the scythe.

Any other guesses or things you hope for, for the weapon listings?

Alastor_Haven
Jun 6, 2008, 01:06 AM
Scythe

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2008, 01:08 AM
As if this hasn't been done to death... Oh well, at least it's one of the more fun reoccuring topics.

One handed spears, partisans, shields, twin slicer, single/twin axe, heavy saber/light sword/katana, martial arts gloves/foot blades.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 6, 2008, 01:11 AM
Havn't seen any like these lately. Thought I would give it a go! ^^
Foot blades I had in mind as well. But the other thoughts dominated.

Kylie
Jun 6, 2008, 01:12 AM
Scythe, battle fan, or magic swords. ;o

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 6, 2008, 01:14 AM
Well... lets see...

Tonfas. Tonfas would rock. Or Nunchaku.

Twin mechguns would be sweet again if they fixed all the MGGs.

I'd also like to vote for more styles of traps from Protransers... not like they're necessary but it'd be cool to have like sleep or virus trap EX.

Shinko
Jun 6, 2008, 01:20 AM
Well... lets see...

Tonfas. Tonfas would rock. Or Nunchaku.

Twin mechguns would be sweet again if they fixed all the MGGs.

I'd also like to vote for more styles of traps from Protransers... not like they're necessary but it'd be cool to have like sleep or virus trap EX.

nunchucks now that's a great idea.... that weapon would be great. just think of the pa moves. If they did make this weapon, this is a must for any one who's character is name Bruce lee lol. but really this would make a great speedy weapon

NegaTsukasa
Jun 6, 2008, 01:28 AM
Scythes and nunchucks seem to be the most energetic responses so far.

ashley50
Jun 6, 2008, 01:32 AM
a magic Stick....

Zantra
Jun 6, 2008, 01:32 AM
Un-wed teenage mother cannon?

darkante
Jun 6, 2008, 01:34 AM
Uhm lets see here.

Flame Thrower
Rocket Launcher
Gatling Gun
Twin Mech Guns

Yup, my wish list.

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 6, 2008, 01:34 AM
Lemme see what else....

Some sort of return to hand thrown weapon like a boomerang style of weapon. (could just be a high level card)

um... staves similar to the Monkey King or Black King Bars from PSO except not being double sabers...

I like threads like this. It's fun to think up new things that most likely won't get implemented but are interesting to think about.

SonicTMP
Jun 6, 2008, 01:48 AM
I'm usually a tank at heart in any other game. So I'd really like to see sheilds as a weapon style. Something a bit odd in the sea of offensive crazyness. Also I'd like to see a grapple system for throwing and latching onto mobs.

darkante
Jun 6, 2008, 01:50 AM
I'm usually a tank at heart in any other game. So I'd really like to see sheilds as a weapon style. Something a bit odd in the sea of offensive crazyness. Also I'd like to see a grapple system for throwing and latching onto mobs.

Grapple system ay...hmm interesting..
*Grab foe with a rope..drags it very fast while holding my blade out instant killing it*
PWNED! D:

Alry
Jun 6, 2008, 01:55 AM
Ponies.

edited for clarity:
http://i30.tinypic.com/27y3cyd.jpg

ThaiSoup
Jun 6, 2008, 01:57 AM
Chakrum's would be interesting. I would still like to use a sword upside down. (Like Guilty Gear's Sol-Badguy ;p)

goldbrease
Jun 6, 2008, 02:02 AM
scythes were in pso and they used like swords, now if we changed there style into a more faster movement i think they would be good, lets add soe wicked PA's i have and idea of one were you do a swide 360 swing bring the scyth down into the floor jump onto the back handle then leap off pulling it out of the floor with you unleashing a furry of heavy hitting attacks on whatever gets in the way. awesome against bosses.

martial staffs? i like somewhat like the double sabers but a few more strikes and some bludgening hits thrown in.

hmm... how about support mags, basicly they would be original mag but take up your off hand but float directly behind you, they gather energy from you dealing/takeing damage then when full you can select to use them, to activate sort of a suv that they have, they can also cast suport spells as they rech integers in there engery charge. and they would look like the object mags from pso, not the animal type mags but the obect type, like the rati, and diwari.
or they could be equipped like a 5th armor unit called back.
they would also give various stat boosts and and possible effect such as status immunities and stacked on attack speed.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 6, 2008, 02:05 AM
Definitely shields. Specifically, so I could use them to manually guard against enemy attacks (fuck ATA and EVP) and bash enemies around when I'm not guarding.

Edgard
Jun 6, 2008, 02:18 AM
My favorite weapon in PSO where Scythes.... specially the one you get by killing Kireek!!!!

The new weapon I would love to see would be for newmans to be able to summon MOBS!!!!!

Think about it! Have the ability to summmon any monster in PSU! I would love to be able to summon 3 Svaltus so they can fight for me against Falkis!!!! oh man that would make the game so much fun.... They could even last for a certain amount of time, or better yet, last until they are killed by another mob.

ThEoRy
Jun 6, 2008, 02:30 AM
Jiu Jitsu. Aikido. http://youtube.com/watch?v=aicHsMC6rxM

Yes I wanna break some Jarba arms...

EMPYREAN
Jun 6, 2008, 02:45 AM
Assault rifle, heavy machine gun, 2 handed X-bow, sniper rifle, EX-virus trap

landman
Jun 6, 2008, 03:18 AM
True Dragon Sword, Vigooran Flails, Lunar Staff, Falcon's Talon, Kusari-gama, Eclipse Scythe, Tonfas, wait... I already have them lol

kurisu1974
Jun 6, 2008, 03:30 AM

Grapple system indeeds sounds very interesting. I also would like to see 2 (or more) player attack combo. For example, one player pins a critter down and another uses a massive attack from above. :)

APEXi
Jun 6, 2008, 03:33 AM
dual mechguns, scythe

DeadlyNinja
Jun 6, 2008, 03:33 AM
twin hand guns that shot megit

Amalga
Jun 6, 2008, 03:47 AM
Localized Framerate Slowdown.

Wait.

goldbrease
Jun 6, 2008, 03:53 AM
Grapple system indeeds sounds very interesting. I also would like to see 2 (or more) player attack combo. For example, one player pins a critter down and another uses a massive attack from above. :)

hmm maybe cinematic combat combos? beast and cast. beast nano blasts grapples a dragon and wrestles its head upside down and the cast pulls out its massive suv and fires it down the dragon's throat dealing a massive amount of damage. sort of like the photon blast combos of pso. the electric antelope and the spinning serpent combo sure did a number on a room of mobs.

Alry
Jun 6, 2008, 04:05 AM
beast nano blasts grapples a dragon and wrestles its head upside down and the cast pulls out its massive suv and fires it down the dragon's throat dealing a massive amount of damage
Other party members fall asleep bored of watching the same cutscene for the 642094th time

goldbrease
Jun 6, 2008, 04:12 AM
Other party members fall asleep bored of watching the same cutscene for the 642094th time

don't they already fall asleep watching the dragons fly in from outside the background and land on the ground then do the same falling over dead scene?

Mawile
Jun 6, 2008, 04:14 AM
I don't want new weapons, i want to see bullets abolished, guns getting elements, and then finally, Gun PAs.

Yes, even for rifles. Devil May Cry did it, so can PSU.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 6, 2008, 04:23 AM
As i've said before, Dual Rocket Launchers that shoot flaming sharks that EXPLODE!

Or this. :wacko:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AkvxbOS-Ve4

goldbrease
Jun 6, 2008, 04:31 AM
gun PAs? why am i suddenly getting flashbacks of the matrix games now? lets add in an acro gunner class. machine guns in over drive! hehehe.

Iduno
Jun 6, 2008, 06:04 AM
Dual Mechguns, Partizans (I know it's probably spelt wrong but I dont really care for the grammer nazis out there), unarmed fighting (kicks and stuff no need for high damage and killer PA's just for a laugh) and a rod you can hit something with as well as teching

Alry
Jun 6, 2008, 10:53 AM
don't they already fall asleep watching the dragons fly in from outside the background and land on the ground then do the same falling over dead scene?

True.

End derail; I'd like to see PSO style wands. As in two-ended magic stick things.

Vent
Jun 6, 2008, 10:56 AM
Definitely something techers can use, a PSO style wand is cool, although how it differs from the wand we've now, no idea.

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 11:07 AM
I think the weapons selection is fine. However, bullets to need to change their appearance when they level. Lvl 40 Laser Cannon bullets should look like one of those insane Optic Blast moves from Cyclops in MVC.

unicorn
Jun 6, 2008, 11:29 AM
- Gattling gun (two handed mechgun)
- Flail
- Shield
- Scythe
- Casting gloves
- Yoyos
- Hullahoops (like that chick from Soul Calibur III)

xRedd206x
Jun 6, 2008, 11:39 AM
Nunchucks?

r00tabaga
Jun 6, 2008, 11:40 AM
-twin mechguns
-nunchakus (would be AWESOME w/PA's!!!)
-one-handed axe
-hand grenades

Criss
Jun 6, 2008, 11:41 AM
Like I always say in threads like this, Twin Machineguns. :wacko:

xRedd206x
Jun 6, 2008, 11:45 AM
Im just thinking how would twin mech guns work???

Alry
Jun 6, 2008, 11:50 AM
Im just thinking how would twin mech guns work???

Same way they did in PSO.

hint: they'd look like two weapons, but in reality they'd be one, two handed. They'd fire both at once or not at all.

-Ryuki-
Jun 6, 2008, 12:32 PM
Same way they did in PSO.

hint: they'd look like two weapons, but in reality they'd be one, two handed. They'd fire both at once or not at all.

Like twin handguns, but..
-You can strafe.
-They'd shoot a triple burst, a total of 6 shots.

That's what I'd like to believe, anyway.

CeruleanWitch
Jun 6, 2008, 12:40 PM
Some sort of photon shoe/boots that you wear... for kick boxing.

Ken_Silver
Jun 6, 2008, 12:43 PM
Scythes, nun-chucks and Twin Mechguns are the best ideas in this thread.

But we also seriously need Tech Sabers (Sabers which you can attach Tech PA's to)

And as for "foot gloves" you would call them leg Greaves. I believe that is the correct term.

I'd go for that. But I'd also like for Sonic Team to come up with some more futuristic ideas. It is a futuristic game. Let's not start going Sparta on Jaggos and Boomas. XD

-Ryuki-
Jun 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
Some sort of photon shoe/boots that you wear... for kick boxing.

I've thought the same exact thing, and I still want to see feet/kickers/whatever you want to call 'em.

Kinako78
Jun 6, 2008, 12:55 PM
Chakrum's would be interesting.

Oh, yes! I'd love to have Chakrams! The Magic Sword and Tonfa ideas would be cool, too. :)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 6, 2008, 12:56 PM
Ken, you are talking about these, correct?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Regal_Bryant.jpg

Those would be cool.

They should have Hadoken gloves to suppot SFIV. :wacko:

Realmz
Jun 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
Chakram style weapons, Two handed weapon, meaning you hold two Chakram's at a time, with a Two, one, two style of attack.

would have a range of about half mech gun range, and could target two enemies at a time, they would loop out in an oval pattern of attack, hitting up to two enemies in the flight path.

two PA moves i foresee are a big one hit attack where the character throws both chakrams infront of them, much like Chikki for Slciers now.

The other being a circular attack, like torando break, that's fast, and has a wider range but less power.

an idea to make the Chakram have higher attack power would be to add in a minimal distance that monsters must be in order to be hit by the weapons.

Para
Jun 6, 2008, 01:14 PM
Unique weapon combinations like Spread Needle from PSO... (rifle + shotgun)

and/or weapon specific specials again.

CeruleanWitch
Jun 6, 2008, 01:14 PM
I've thought the same exact thing, and I still want to see feet/kickers/whatever you want to call 'em.

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku/Hyakuretsukyaku would be nice. ¦3

Ryosuke_Kura
Jun 6, 2008, 01:19 PM
I would like,

Scythes
Knuckles + Boot/greaves
Twin Claws + Boot/greaves
Twin Double Sabers (One held by hand, and the other being levitated by the other hand.)
Twin Slicers

Side Note: Seed Magashi is the perfct example for a boot/greaves PA and weapon.

-Ryuki-
Jun 6, 2008, 01:41 PM
Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku/Hyakuretsukyaku would be nice. ¦3

You watch too much anime/play too many fighting games. XD

NegaTsukasa
Jun 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
Scope laser.
A device attached to your left or right eye. Animation involves character pressing the scope with one hand and firing a laser of some sort.

It's an ok idea.

SonicTMP
Jun 6, 2008, 02:21 PM
Scope laser.
A device attached to your left or right eye. Animation involves character pressing the scope with one hand and firing a laser of some sort.

It's an ok idea.

EYE BEAMS! - NYU

Weeaboolits
Jun 6, 2008, 02:24 PM
As if this hasn't been done to death... Oh well, at least it's one of the more fun reoccuring topics.

One handed spears rapiers, partisans, shields, twin slicer.
:wacko:

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 6, 2008, 03:52 PM
:wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nANaahAcyLA

xEndrance
Jun 6, 2008, 03:56 PM
I would have to say the scythe. Also I like the gernades. But I would have to say that like you have the slot to where no weapons are on that you can fight with you fist/feet that would make the slot not completly useless expect for that fact that if you like to sit during missions lol >.> but over all

Scythe/Gernades

Abashi76
Jun 6, 2008, 04:06 PM
Aren't the pikes like scyths already?

I think they should remake a bunch of the PSO items, including the classic levels and enemies ...

Oh also, I think they should merge the western servers with the eastern ones, and merge the Xbox servers if possible.

The biggest disappointment about this game is the lack of players.

chaostroop3
Jun 6, 2008, 05:31 PM
god wepons =D there only 13* or more and have the best of the best best best wepons , like the hevans punisher =D....and j sword.......and dark flow.........you get the idea

Ken_Silver
Jun 6, 2008, 06:42 PM
Aren't the pikes like scyths already?

I think they should remake a bunch of the PSO items, including the classic levels and enemies ...

Oh also, I think they should merge the western servers with the eastern ones, and merge the Xbox servers if possible.

The biggest disappointment about this game is the lack of players.

The culprit here is SEGAC of America. They did not adversite well back in the beginning stages of PSO. Not to mention, no advertising of the Expansion and when they tried to get the players to advertise, SEGAC screwed that up by having to major screw-ups at the same time (Error 65 and the screw-up that was meant to fix the orginal screw up; also know as the MAG Extention Prevention Revention.) Thus our population blows (PC/PS2 wise.)

There is still hope though. Possibly.

Topic-wise: The whole leg greaves thing could be made slightly possible by making a new PA for the knuckles that involves only kicking attacks. That maybe do-able even by AOI standards, instead of waiting for the next expansion.

BigshowPat
Jun 6, 2008, 07:04 PM
I would love to see shields. It was awesome to walk around with a shield equipped. I think my favorite from PSO was the Delsaber's Shield.

Noblewine
Jun 6, 2008, 07:17 PM
More novelty joke items. Maybe add a rubber chicken (Saber) or a whoopie cushion (Bombs). XD

GaNksTa
Jun 6, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hey! I've seen this topic before :P

Kick-boots, scythes, kusari-gama, and tomahawks/hatchets..

Mewnie
Jun 6, 2008, 07:58 PM
A lot of these could be easily created using already existing weapons.

Scythe? Reskin of Long Swords.

Two-handed X-bow? Shotgun.

Nunchukau? Whips, maybe? Seems a little too impractical.

I want swordchucks, chainsaw hands and/or lasernipple cannons.

Realmz
Jun 6, 2008, 08:02 PM
I want swordchucks, chainsaw hands and/or lasernipple cannons.

Don't you mean

Chainsaw hands, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT!

GaNksTa
Jun 6, 2008, 08:13 PM
Don't you mean

Chainsaw hands, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT!

Would Adam's mini-saws suffice?

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2101/7846852fr6.th.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7846852fr6.jpg)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 6, 2008, 10:25 PM
Scope laser.

It's an ok idea.

Yes, let's have a bunch of people going I'M FIRIN MAH LAZORS.

>_>;

Yes, a spin kick would be awesome. :wacko:

DjDragoon
Jun 6, 2008, 10:34 PM
Mech guns ^-^. . . like the ole days

Schubalts
Jun 6, 2008, 11:06 PM
A one-handed version of knuckles.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 7, 2008, 12:21 AM
twin mechguns

Alry
Jun 7, 2008, 01:12 AM

http://i32.tinypic.com/9hjqzm.jpg

JP onry already happens on their servers, you'd get kicked out of 90% of parties unless you were able to pretend you're japanese. It's sad but it's true.

On topic, I want magic mirrors- technic reflecting, shield-like casting weapon. Maybe sloooow casting speed but good nuking and increased range/aoe size.

Darsh
Jun 7, 2008, 01:21 AM
Chuck Norris. Just release him and duck and cover from the blast radius of one round house kick.

I agree with photon nun- chucks. Have to have protective gloves for handleing them though.

Trey
Jun 7, 2008, 01:23 AM
having a shield would be cool i loved resta merge in PSO
FROM all the way across the freakin world U CANT ESCAPE THE HEALING LIGHT RESTA MERGE!!! :D

abdule
Jun 7, 2008, 01:24 AM
Nunchuks, one hand spears and shields like 300 style, hammers one-handed an two.

C-0719
Jun 7, 2008, 01:04 PM
Gatling Guns

Pentence
Jun 7, 2008, 02:38 PM
Ok i agree wit hshields would rock nunchakus too.
Also i too would love true PA for guns imagine twirling round and rapidfireing rounds into several enemys with twin handguns.

Now as for my own ideas well,they cover most of the weapons known to man and each has such close techniques to their use to divide them up further would be a moot point in some cases.However,there is on major thing sega realy should add into this mix that i think we could all agree on.If you have two weapons of specific catigories and use them often why not make a combined PA?

Imagine if you will you jump high OFF an enemys face cuting him as you go shooting down as you rise then come down once more blade driveing through his skull.

Your wand in one hand gun in another you cast what ever spell you want but then follow up with a pa tap from your gun which then makes you spin while casting and you to fire the spell over handed to the left whiel on your right you fire a single bullet into an enemys face underhanded and behind your back.

Another combo, dagger gun pa is this.You slash once lateraly then fire in the opposite direction as you continue to spin you slash down useing the momentum to axe kick once and fire once more stoping to fire straight ahead after the kick.