PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Returning...

Flamingo99
Jun 6, 2008, 01:20 AM
Hi :)

Like my title says, I'm considering returning to PSU. I have a few questions before I make a final decision though.

1. Have they added a considerable amount of new weapons? I hated being limited to only 3-5 12* weapons for each weapon type.

2. Is the economy wacky, or is it stable?

3. How is the population? How many servers are full on weekends?

4. Have drop rates increased?

5. How long is the Maximum G event going to last?

6. And lastly, has Sega fixed the unbalanced quests.... I remember only doing White Beast and De Ragan over and over...

Thanks for the information. :)

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 6, 2008, 01:25 AM
The economy is wacky in my opinion.

I've seen 2-3 Stars full in universe 2 (PC/PS2)

Yes. Some have increased too much.

It has ended for the time being, however there is talk of an extension planned for late june.

6. And lastly, has Sega fixed the unbalanced quests.... I remember only doing White Beast and De Ragan over and over...
White Beast is still the EXP/MP spammers delight....

Shinko
Jun 6, 2008, 01:28 AM
1. Have they added a considerable amount of new weapons? I hated being limited to only 3-5 12* weapons for each weapon type.

HA when was it even that many

With all of segac fuck ups.... it's as stable as it's going to get

LMAO i hope the ps2/pc is not the one ur coming back too....

2 much.... nothing is even really rare any more

that's over.... though it's pose to be coming back late june

NegaTsukasa
Jun 6, 2008, 01:35 AM
At least there is no symbol chat spam like in PSO. lol
Those were quite the show. (sat back and ate some popcorn in photon chair.)

Alry
Jun 6, 2008, 01:47 AM

Depending on your taste, it's either a lot of it isn't. As you probably know two whole new weapon types and there's a lot of old weapons "revamped" by a company that previously did not make them- GRM bows, yohmei lazers and so on.

Wacky, but not wacky enough to be bothersome.

Population is beyond pathetic, I've seen 4 stars maybe once, during MAG. Otherwise it's one star during the time when america is asleep and three stars tops when they're awake/not at work/whatever.

Supposedly..

It's over for now, it's supposed to continue in June though.

That's something that needs to be fixed in people's heads more so than in game. So no, as it is all the grinding drones are spamming WB.

Hope I helped. Come back please? :D

Flamingo99
Jun 6, 2008, 09:36 AM
[/b]D

Well, when the rewards for WB out weight other missions that are much more difficult than it, then I think its SEGA's fault.

I'm not sure if I'll be returning. Ever since this game came out, I've grown a fond hatred of ST, and how they managed to utterly **** up a great game... slowly release new content? are you ****ing kidding me? Had they released everything, and made it so there was some end game content, I don't think the population would be where it is now.

F-Gattaca
Jun 6, 2008, 09:50 AM
Well, when the rewards for WB out weight other missions that are much more difficult than it, then I think its SEGA's fault.

There's a number of reasons why White Beast is a hotspot. It's not like the mission drops every freakin' rare in the game, y'know.

I'm not sure if I'll be returning. Ever since this game came out, I've grown a fond hatred of ST, and how they managed to utterly **** up a great game...

... That makes you different from the average MMO player how? I've met very few MMO players who don't have a 'fond hatred' for the company that developed the game.

slowly release new content? are you ****ing kidding me? Had they released everything, and made it so there was some end game content, I don't think the population would be where it is now.

360 is doing a lot better than PC/PS2 by virtue that they didn't have script kiddies harassing the populace early on in the game's life. Since then, NA PC/PS2's servers have always been really quiet--and then a lot of people vanished after the Winter Event ended for some reason.

And then you have the Japanese servers, which don't seem to have a population problem at all, and had the exact same content time-release concept that we've had.

Alry
Jun 6, 2008, 10:46 AM
managed to utterly **** up a great game... slowly release new content? are you ****ing kidding me? Had they released everything, and made it so there was some end game content, I don't think the population would be where it is now.

"Releasing everything" at once would essentially make it pointless to be online and therefore kill the game, giving certain people a chance to spew more LOLOL SEGAC U SUX LERN 2 MAKE GAMES LOL LOOL!!SEGAC LOL

Well, when the rewards for WB out weight other missions that are much more difficult than it, then I think its SEGA's fault.Oh sure. You're not playing, to, you know, HAVE FUN or anything. You're playing to have the most mission points evar. Therefore doing any other mission than WB is blasphemy, PSU only consists of the one mission with highest mission point reward.

F-Gattaca is right about JP servers- I remember seeing it posted somewhere that they had 40-something universes at some point (reduced to 20 now I think). All they got was same as us except at different time, and I'm sure Sega Japan didn't manage to avoid fuckups 100% either.

Your choice.

r00tabaga
Jun 6, 2008, 10:58 AM
COME BACK BUDDY! My small group of buds and I have a great time (most of us are old PSO guys) doing missions together in places other than WB. I will be spamming SotDG a lot this weekend tho I admit......I have also been pleased to see more weps from PSO and the PA rebalance thing will help me catch up to speed, as I am well behind my fellow guardians!