PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to everyone that got lv 40 PA's before update!!!

Edgard
Jun 6, 2008, 01:46 AM
So now that the PA re-balance update will initiate, we are going to see a lot of new people with hi-lv chars, hi-PA's, and good S rank rares.

This game is for sure going to turn into a casual game that you can get almost everything done in a matter of a month. (Example: it took me 95 hours to reach level 130 with a cast during MAG)

What I'm wondering is where will all the hard-core players go now? Keep playing or move to another game. Regardless of the answer, I would like to congratulate everyone who got most of their PA's to level 40 before this update takes place.

All of you have struggled to achieve awesomeness in this game and stand out from the crowd!!!

As for me, I'm going to keep playing but not as often now. I welcome all the new players, but know that you guys are lucky. Before all this *easy-mode* updates it took me 360+ hours to reach level 70 and 100+ of those hours were spent getting megid over lv 21.

I hope the PSU community grows because of this update, but it seems SEGAC is gambling.... like always.

darkante
Jun 6, 2008, 01:48 AM
I will still try to get the most challenge i can handicapping myself. :P
So itīs not like the challenge will be total gone. :P

Indica
Jun 6, 2008, 01:48 AM
About 90% of my techs are LV40, just need to work on Megiverse and Support Techs

Uncle_bob
Jun 6, 2008, 01:50 AM
I'm all for "Easy Mode". I'm kind of tired of having a level 21+ rifle bullet gaining 5 exp per run. :disapprove:

Mawile
Thank god, the utter monotony of casting the same spell over and over will be replaced by the utter monotony of casting the same spell over and over a bit less.

SonicTMP
I love it how people think a grind is challenging. I mean really how hard is it to pick your favorite map, equip a weapon with PA of choiuce and hit the button that activates it over and over and over?

Why is it people complain about a game becoming less of a job?

ThaiSoup
Jun 6, 2008, 01:51 AM
Psu has always been easy mode lol

Arada
Jun 6, 2008, 01:52 AM
Same here. But add Barta to the list of things that need leveling :p

Also, since I'm leveling all techer classes (WT, GT, AT, FT), I still have plenty to do. And to get one copy of all usable S ranks in those classes is still a hard challenge (Amore Tip, Twin Bearclaw and Dagger of Serafi all at 30+ is what I still need).

I might start other classes after that :D

AnimeSister
Jun 6, 2008, 01:52 AM
I only got six technics to lvl 40 before the update....and the rest are lv35+ :(

Oh well, I'm still happy though, at least it will be alot easier but if I just had extra time; I could have pulled it off

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 6, 2008, 01:53 AM
I didn't start playing the game for the rares. or for the PAs, I started to have fun playing PSU with my friends. Now the only thing that has changed is the fact that my PAs level faster.

I'll be here playing until the servers explode.

Although in line with the OP Congrats to all you people who got your skills to 40 before the update. I got a few there myself but never had the time to dedicate to hours of leveling a day. I honestly feel sorry that high level PAs aren't going to be a sign of hundreds of hours of dedication anymore, so good for all of you who did it ^_^.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 6, 2008, 01:53 AM
All offense techs at lv40, except Megiverse which is 32.

No more hardcore playing from me once I go GT. I'll be laid back until MF comes. Most likely do less online time overall.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 6, 2008, 02:03 AM
Congratulations masochists. Actually, that kinda includes myself as well for having four elemental shotgun bullets and Boma Maga at level 40. Hooray for grinds being less grindy. Shoulda been this way long ago though.

Noblewine
Jun 6, 2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks but it wasn't easy....

Edgard
Jun 6, 2008, 02:09 AM
Well don't get me wrong, I would have loved to be able to get where I'm at (in terms of PA's lv) in half of the time.

I'm not against this update... I may be a little un-easy, but I still enjoyed all those hours I spent leveling PA's

Mewnie
Jun 6, 2008, 02:14 AM
Congratulations on catassing or afk bullet leveling! ;3

I for one can't wait to try out the changes.

MSAksion
Jun 6, 2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah most of us have Lives such as work and school and a social life. For those of us who dont have Summer Vacation to play all we want this PA Rebalance is a godssend.

Hitting a button over and over is not skill. Its patience. And a lot of us dont have any with Segac's ridiculousness. This PA Rebalance will be great.

autumn
Jun 6, 2008, 02:34 AM
I may someday see level 40 buffs now. There is nothing challenging about a buff party. There is no glory in having level 40 techs that really was nothing more then hitting the same button over and over (for those of us who have lives and don't have any idea / care about afk leveling techs). Even better for those who intend to push them to 50 someday down the line. And with the way people are touchy about buff levels...

Mawile
Jun 6, 2008, 05:17 AM
Ah hahaha

I log in, check out the new mission. Razonde(it was at about 98%) went from 21-22 in the first few spawns. Up to the spawn with some trap id card (real close to the beginning of the stage) i gained about 20%.

Holy hell I am so happy right now. I am gonna go do Plains Overlord now and see how much % i get per run.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 6, 2008, 05:21 AM
its all for fun so its all good ^^ plus It lets us use our favorite COOL looking weapons despite the attack stat being inferior xD

Mawile
Jun 6, 2008, 05:32 AM
Block 1: Razonde level 22, 17% to Razonde Lv 22 91%

I'm using my killing set as well, no kubara weak stuff here. omg. I may actually see razonde 31 today.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 6, 2008, 05:35 AM
I'm not even going 2 complicate this.
Yea i guess those who took the time to level the PAs the hard way maybe annoyed that new people can do thier work quicker while other will be glad.....like you can still play with ur friends and level PAs at the same time.

I have a few friends who have there PAs almost maxed....and all(except for one) was mostly glad that friends who started later could somewhat catch up.

As long as you dont see someone level up like 10 of the hardest PAs of each class from lvl 1 to 40 within a few days(if thats possible) then there isnt really anything worry about.

Now ive been here since Winter event so i've been here for awhile. For the most part, i know how to use my PAs when there necesarry. So there "ARE" going to people new of them selves with these somewhat high level PAs but ironically dont truely know how to use them.

So its like having amazing/destructive power but can't control it.
For those who watch animes n stuff, you may know what im talking about.

Overall....I hope none of the new people become full of themselves just becuase they have their PAs up high and bragging about....relax....its just a game.......

Now i consider myself somewhat new since most of my friends had this game for like 1 yr or more....so when i level somethin. Just gonna be like "Yay!!!!!! Level 21 Killer Shot"

No braggin or nothing.

Dragwind
Jun 6, 2008, 05:36 AM
If "awesomeness" is having too much time to not do anything but sit there in a mind numbing state pressing the same button over and over, then I guess those who lvled stuff to 40 before the update are "awesome"?

I'm also making fun of myself btw, since I did spend time in the past pa lvling extensively, but I didn't cap everything. I work full time and go to school, so I sure as hell wouldn't be stupid and waste my time capping everything to 40 just to be like

"LOL IM COOL CUZ I DECIDED TO WASTE MORE TIME DOING IT NOW, OMG PPL WILL LUV ME"

Kanore
Jun 6, 2008, 05:36 AM
Oh no it doesn't take 2 years to level some PAs anymore, this is way too easy and makes me awesome because I had a few level 40 PAs before this horrible, horrible update!

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 6, 2008, 05:42 AM

I'm using my killing set as well, no kubara weak stuff here. omg. I may actually see razonde 31 today.
Wow thats crazy :-P from what you said.....u just might see 31....its still early you might even see alil bit higher :P

!?!?!?!?
Someone who hasnt worked on Killer Shot that much....someone play with that a lil bit and let me know how long it took you to level????

I was plannin on level a few of my rifles,machinegun and crossbow PAs for a bit then level some techs.

Killer Shot is first ony my list.

Mawile
Jun 6, 2008, 05:46 AM

Block 2: Razonde Lv 22-91% to Razonde Lv 23 61%

For clarification, I am a level 71 Acrotecher 11. I am doing Plains Overlord S

My equipment is:

Magical Wand/Dori
Magical Wand/Ranpegi
Magical Wand/Pegita
Magical Wand/Pegita
Magical Wand/Shato
Magical Wand/Pit(buffs lol)

I do about 300 damage a shot.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4055/1211823085339ez4.jpg

Mawile
Jun 6, 2008, 05:55 AM
Block 2: Razonde Lv 22-91% to Razonde Lv 23 61%
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4055/1211823085339ez4.jpg

Block 3: Razonde Lv 23-61% to Razonde Lv 24-33%

This is the best patch ever. Tears of joy.

Edgard
Jun 6, 2008, 06:09 AM
WOW this update did make everything level up way faster... I was using one of my alts and I managed to level zonde from lv 28 1% to lv 28 50% in one run, which took 24 mins.

That was unheard of before the update.... cool! I guess we'll see more people with everything capped in, lets say 2 weeks?

@ Dragwind:

Hey its awesome to have lv 40 techs, but its not awesome to spend a year to achieve it. So don't get it confused.

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2008, 06:16 AM
WOW this update did make everything level up way faster... I was using one of my alts and I managed to level zonde from lv 28 1% to lv 28 50% in one run, which took 24 mins.

That was unheard of before the update.... cool! I guess we'll see more people with everything capped in, lets say 2 weeks?

@ Dragwind:

Hey its awesome to have lv 40 techs, but its not awesome to spend a year to achieve it. So don't get it confused.

Even if I give up all my other responsibilities to play, I wouldn't do it in 2 weeks. I have about 50 or so PAs that is being levelled just for my Guntecher. Now I've made a lot of progress if you count the levels across on all of my PAs; but in over the 1 1/2 years this game has been out, I still see I have just as much work ahead of me.

Of course, with all the stuff I use, I never even considered (short term) of levelling every element or getting all PAs for the complete GT weapon set. Even those 50 are a trimmed down set of PAs. On the other hand, it will be a much easier trip to getting all the crucial PAs, I need. Maybe a few months to get those topped. However, that goal is now in sight.

I'll definitely post my laser cannon finds, once I get time to try it out.

Of course, this congratulations definitely seems a bit unbalanced. Now if I did play a more focused class that didn't have a good mix of the slower levelling stuff included on the pallette, or lesser PAs for it; I'd probably have more level 40s. Even given that my RL jobs and other responsibilities keep me from playing as much as some people can.

Raven5_1
Jun 6, 2008, 06:23 AM
i only have 1 pa at lvl 40 so this update is a godsend to me.

when i finish getting acrofighter to lv20 i'm going to level wartecher and start to lvl my techs, i dont have any over PA lv6

Hrith
Jun 6, 2008, 06:25 AM
ITT, we stroke e-peens.

desturel
Jun 6, 2008, 07:00 AM
Psu has always been easy mode lol

Correction, PSU has been easy mode since they nerfed the Bees and Bel Pannon. Removed the Jarba from Lab Recovery. Took most of the Tengohg out of Demons Above and Moonlight Beast. Shortened Desert Terror and System Defense maps by more than half (okay, this wasn't an easy mode change. Just made the missions less boring.) ETC ETC.

I don't mind easy mode though. I've had almost two years of playing PSU so change is welcome. :)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 6, 2008, 07:18 AM
*Scared*
Y do i have a feeling im gonna see alot of fortetechers with level 31 zonde and megid sometime 2day

Hyda
Jun 6, 2008, 07:23 AM
T_T I like my level 31 Zonde >_>" Its gonna be weird seeing others cast it...Usually Im the only one in my friends parties casting it..

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 6, 2008, 07:29 AM
T_T I like my level 31 Zonde >_>" Its gonna be weird seeing others cast it...Usually Im the only one in my friends parties casting it..

I've been playing this game since winter event and i only have one friend who has megid and zonde to 31. and at random parties i've seen only about 2 maybe 3 people use either or.

Well atleast now people can have fun n level at the same time rather then soloing a mission ALL day.........maybe.............

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2008, 08:00 AM
Very true. One of the in-general benefits of this thing is that people will feel more inclined to travel in parties without the feeling that their PA leveling speed went way down.

Initially, people will still go soloing; but afterwards, people will more or like feel good about travelling in groups knowing things level a bit faster.

Telina
Jun 6, 2008, 09:17 AM
yea, my lv 40 barta/megid/zonde was one of the staples of my techer.....it sucks to think i spent so many hours leveling them up and people can do it twice as fast now.

But its for the better of the game as a whole.

F-Gattaca
Jun 6, 2008, 09:24 AM
ITT, we stroke e-peens.

No. Freaking. Kidding.

I can respect that people had the patience and time to cap PAs back before this rebalance, but this whole "now everyone's going to be 130s in this *easymode* game" attitude is annoying. And this is coming from me, a guy who had the lack of sanity to cap a number of PAs even knowing that this rebalance was coming.

(Seriously, anyone remember when I lost it after capping Boma Megiga to 30 before AotI?)

Besides, why is PSU any easier just because of a freakin' PA rebalance? All it is, is a measure of time and patience. And possibly insanity. Systems like this intend people to level them as an indicator of their experience with using that particular skill, but every game that does this always turns out to be a skill level grindfest--and players always figure out ways to make it a low-risk venture anyway (AFK bullet leveling, anyone?).

If PSU seems easy now, it's because the deficit in levels between players and enemies has gotten really big ... I submit for comparison: MAG S wasn't exactly a piece of cake with level 80 characters. With level 130 characters? That was chocolate cake. With mint frosting. Barring the megid KOs.

In other news:

I didn't start playing the game for the rares. or for the PAs, I started to have fun playing PSU with my friends. Now the only thing that has changed is the fact that my PAs level faster.

Agreed.

thebummers
Jun 6, 2008, 09:28 AM
I was mildly proud of myself that I 40'd all the bow and shotgun elements for my PT before the update. Oh well.

Vent
Jun 6, 2008, 09:29 AM
First people complain about new players having low PA levels compared to their level, and now people complain again about those same players who can now have the same level PAs as people who put a lot of effort leveling them.

C'mon!

Jakosifer
Jun 6, 2008, 09:30 AM
I had quite a few PA's at 40 before the update, and now I'll have most/all of them capped because of it! This update = The best thing evra.

<_<

desturel
Jun 6, 2008, 09:36 AM
yea, my lv 40 barta/megid/zonde was one of the staples of my techer.....it sucks to think i spent so many hours leveling them up and people can do it twice as fast now.

I had megid 38, zonde 35, barta 34. I'll meet you at 40 by the end of the day from what people are describing. :D (and I work until 7pm... stupid 10 hour shift)

panzer_unit
Jun 6, 2008, 09:38 AM
yay I can finally work on getting my handguns to 31, I like using handguns but not so much that I'll seriously bust ass on them.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 6, 2008, 10:30 AM
My main has a few level 40 PAs, and my Beast has Tornado Break to level 40 and Gravity Break pretty damn close to 40.

Andy1423
Jun 6, 2008, 10:41 AM
I have alot of bullets like 38 or so only a few actually at 40. But I love this update, now instead on limiting myself to my ice laser 38 I can work on the other elements without the risk of insanity.

But I think now that skill's aren't as big of an issue they really need to come out with a mission that rivals lvl 130 characters with lvl20 job classes. Almost to point of where you coudln't finish the mission until you had some uber weapons. I'm all for relaxt game play, but they need to offer something for the die hard player.

Proto07
Jun 6, 2008, 10:44 AM
TY ;)

I think I'll start working on support spells now. I've always wanted to be a priest.

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
I have about half my bullets at 40. I used to think that was an accomplishment. No more!

RemiusTA
Jun 6, 2008, 10:57 AM
So now that the PA re-balance update will initiate, we are going to see a lot of new people with hi-lv chars, hi-PA's, and good S rank rares.

This game is for sure going to turn into a casual game that you can get almost everything done in a matter of a month. (Example: it took me 95 hours to reach level 130 with a cast during MAG)

What I'm wondering is where will all the hard-core players go now? Keep playing or move to another game. Regardless of the answer, I would like to congratulate everyone who got most of their PA's to level 40 before this update takes place.

All of you have struggled to achieve awesomeness in this game and stand out from the crowd!!!

As for me, I'm going to keep playing but not as often now. I welcome all the new players, but know that you guys are lucky. Before all this *easy-mode* updates it took me 360+ hours to reach level 70 and 100+ of those hours were spent getting megid over lv 21.

I hope the PSU community grows because of this update, but it seems SEGAC is gambling.... like always.

95 hours of gameplay in one month is unnatural...

....you DO know that, right?

24 hours a day, 168 hours a week, 672 a month.

...you played the game approximately 7 hours a day. Granted the average person sleeps for about 7~8 hours a day...that leaves 9 hours of regular day activity.

And besides, MAG was on 300% EXP mods. So, if im not mistaken, that equates to over 285 hours of gameplay, granted you did nothing but run MAG.

No shit you got to 130 in a month, espically since it was on like 300% EXP. I have a lvl 75 Alt with 175 hours of gameplay, and youve already trumped more than half of that in a single month.

And besides, congradulations to who? Its not like anyone will be able to tell anyway. So that means all of our work is in vain.

I dont know why everyone is so heated, we've known about this for more than a few months.

Sekani
Jun 6, 2008, 11:51 AM
This update fails because support techs (the only ones I really complained about) will still take a billion years to level if you don't like standing around a recharge cube for hours at a time.

Gunslinger-08
Jun 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
lol. Barada Banga will always have a place in my PSU heart as my first, and currently only PA at lvl 40. I really don't mind though. Anything that lets me sqeeze in more benefit for my work is ok by me.

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 12:09 PM
Didn't Leman do a test for support techs when the rebalance first hit the JP server? It took him an hour or something to get it close to 31. If that's still too long...I'm not sure why you are playing an ORPG. I don't know about anyone else, but getting Giresta leveled in 20 minutes is fucking absurd.

Sekani
Jun 6, 2008, 12:13 PM
Didn't Leman do a test for support techs when the rebalance first hit the JP server? It took him an hour or something to get it close to 31. If that's still too long...I'm not sure why you are playing an ORPG. I don't know about anyone else, but getting Giresta leveled in 20 minutes is fucking absurd.

Giresta was already absurdly fast, but if Shifta, Retier, and the like did get a significant enough boost then I'll retract my statement.

IceeLady
Jun 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
My favorite PAs are capped at 40. Most of the jobs are capped at 20. My PM is capped at battle strength 200. I am not interested in creating a new character.

What I want are some super hard "suicide runs" again. The game is not a challenge anymore. Sega needs to keep up and present challenges to those of us that have been here for the long haul if they expect to keep us around.

gameday
Jun 6, 2008, 12:29 PM
Totally in favor of a PA rebalance.

All it means is " instead of taking forever to level Megid to 40 , it will take almost forever" :)

Juza
Jun 6, 2008, 12:33 PM

Easy mode? PSU by nature is easy. Certainly more tedious yesterday than it is today, but easy none the less.

But Sega is gambling. They have to, or PSU (at least outside of Japan) is done for. This will undoubtedly cause knots in many pairs of panties, but the truth is:

An influx of new players to an online game is far, far more important than retention of old players.

Old players leave. It is impossible to keep full retention of existing players. As old players leave, they must be replaced by an influx of new players. If there is no influx of new players, you very quickly have a dead game.

The PA rebalance is a step (albeit a small one) toward making the game more 'newbie friendly', which is a very good thing. Though IMO, Sega needs to do far more to attract new players. Like make it easier to find parties without hitting up the Flavor of the Quarter lobby (hi, White Beast!). The fact that you can run around to various lobbies and see 0-2 parties, and then see fifty bajillion parties at WB is not a good thing - it makes the game look, quite frankly, dead. But I digress, that's an entirely different, off-topic rant. :p

Cracka_J
Jun 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well I think the real problem for the vets isn't the noobs catching up to with the PA balance, hell, I got alts I want 40 PA's on, and this makes things much easier to accomplish that.

The problem is, and this is a big one for noobs, once they reach cap, and get all their 40 PA's, they will realize there is little challange left to the game. They will be able to solo most runs, and not have much need for the community...aside from the few friends they make. By not having any challenges, most noobs will get bored quickly...and likely leave just as fast as they came.

I don't see how this is a good thing for the community in the long run. Sega will need to release new, difficult missions that challenge the leveled player, in order to keep those players that joined just because they heard the game got easier. Difficult new missions will both keep the vets, and encourage the noobs to keep playing after they get their asses handed by some 170 monster.

Short term, yes. This is a great thing. But in order to keep this community at it's current state/or attract new players, more difficult challenges will need to be added in the long run. Sega's taken a nice step to improving this game. Now they gotta see it through, and go to the next step.

Kinako78
Jun 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
I may someday see level 40 buffs now. There is nothing challenging about a buff party. There is no glory in having level 40 techs that really was nothing more then hitting the same button over and over (for those of us who have lives and don't have any idea / care about afk leveling techs). Even better for those who intend to push them to 50 someday down the line. And with the way people are touchy about buff levels...

Tell me about it. I hated having to spend all those hours leveling my buffs, but it had to be done because everyone expects it. Granted, I normally only play with friends who would be more understanding, but every once in awhile I'll join a random party.

Kylie
Jun 6, 2008, 01:24 PM
I got about two to LV40. ;o

I was more interested in getting things to 21+, but now I'll cap them.

EMPYREAN
Jun 6, 2008, 01:52 PM
well the highest PAs i have be4 this PA boost is the buffs, all at 39 1/2. i tryed to get them to 40 but winter event was just aboute to start as i desided to get my buffs from 31 to 40 so i simply forgot to do the remaining half lv of the buffs when the event started. lol

as the remaning bullet, offencive techs and skills, i simply had no will to get them past 21 cuz it took waay to long, but i guess u ppl that had the patience and way too mutsh spare time to get a PA to 31+ be4 this boost deserves a pat on the head. XD

ThaiSoup
Jun 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
Find it funny, how some people used to QQ about random people/noobs having low support and other PAs, now when we get an update its and now they whine more about this. Seriously, if people were going to leave PSU because of capping PA and having nothing to do, in time, its inevitable by that understanding.

MS-Wift
Jun 6, 2008, 02:49 PM
Find it funny, how some people used to QQ about random people/noobs having low support and other PAs, now when we get an update its and now they whine more about this. Seriously, if people were going to leave PSU because of capping PA and having nothing to do, in time, its inevitable by that understanding.

You can't please some people. It's just not possible.

Honestly, I don't see many problems with this rebalance. People might have more to complain about if they, say, reduced the HP or levels of all enemies or something, then the game WOULD have really been made easier.

Kylie
Jun 6, 2008, 02:57 PM
Giresta was already absurdly fast, but if Shifta, Retier, and the like did get a significant enough boost then I'll retract my statement.
They should have done the boosts individually, but I guess that'd be too much work.

Treize K
Jun 6, 2008, 03:20 PM
I cap all 34 tech like 5 days go ^^ very proud of dat success =^.^=

afterthoughtz
Jun 6, 2008, 04:07 PM
I've only had the game little over a month maybe so the only PAs i have to 40 is the last one for the hiken, (forget what its called) but i have rising strike to 38-39 cant remember

Sekani
Jun 6, 2008, 05:56 PM
got on my Acrotecher to level buffs, because this is what I was waiting for!

End Result: 5 Hours Spent, got All Buffs from 11 to 21 and all debuff from 1 to 21.

I think the PA boost had something to do with this :D

This is not the type of improvement I was hoping for.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
Wasn't what I was hoping for earlier. The changes brought on by this update are VERY subtle, buffs still level quite slowly even in buff parties, took me like an hour just to get my last buff from 21 to 31.

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 06:27 PM

I guess you wanted them so sell Lvl 40 techs at the NPC shop?

Sekani
Jun 6, 2008, 11:38 PM
I wanted to abolish buff parties.

Mawile
Jun 7, 2008, 12:37 AM
It took me all day playing POS/S2 on and off, but from this morning i leveled Razonde 21, after about ten or so runs, to this, just now.

http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08236/raz31982.jpg

Now i am working on seeing how far i can take Ramegid. It's at 25 now... :3

bp_shoruko
Jun 7, 2008, 01:12 AM
This update is kickass. If the "hardcore" players don't like it... they can always switch over to FF11. That game was built using a revolutionary grind-fest engine. As well as a tedium processor.

Mewnie
Jun 7, 2008, 02:03 AM
This update is kickass. If the "hardcore" players don't like it... they can always switch over to FF11. That game was built using a revolutionary grind-fest engine. As well as a tedium processor.

haha

and onboard 'streaming RMT spam technology!'

Darklighter
Jun 7, 2008, 02:35 AM
Update is very nice, just sucks I still have to find buff parties if I want to level those spells up in any kind of timely manner. Trying it with just an NPC char and and my PM took almost an hour to get 1 spell from 19 to 21, and two others from 17 to 19. Granted that is much faster then before though.

Mystil
Jun 7, 2008, 06:22 AM
I love it how people think a grind is challenging. I mean really how hard is it to pick your favorite map, equip a weapon with PA of choiuce and hit the button that activates it over and over and over?

Why is it people complain about a game becoming less of a job?
Repetition has always been a tough mental challenge o_o.

darkante
Jun 7, 2008, 06:24 AM
Repetition has always been a tough mental challenge o_o.

Indeed, very true.

II_Tokio_II
Jun 7, 2008, 07:31 AM
Yup this thread is awesome congrats to others! I got a tech and some skills to 40.

superlak
Jun 7, 2008, 07:47 AM
its amazing how much people kicked up a fuss about this pa rebalance i think i might sit this one out and go ask more dumb questions

gryphonvii
Jun 7, 2008, 04:57 PM
I am glad for bullets, I know people complain about it now, but in all honesty I don't think many people got lv 40 bullets without afk.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2008, 04:59 PM
im proud of myself for getting the ultimate Xbow PA to lvl 40 before the update :)

Golto
Jun 7, 2008, 05:01 PM
Shotgun, twin handgun, and x-bow elemental bullets weren't that difficult to get to 40 w/o afk before the change.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2008, 05:03 PM
Shotgun, twin handgun, and x-bow elemental bullets weren't that difficult to get to 40 w/o afk before the change.

yea i was gonna state my 2 shotgun lvl 40 PAs and then i was like o wait nvm >.> lol

gryphonvii
Jun 7, 2008, 05:06 PM
it's kinda funny for me, I've been here for over a year and I actually don't have any PA's at 40, I have some pretty close ones, but I switch class, weapons and Pa's way too often. Yay for short attention spans. :)

BigshowPat
Jun 7, 2008, 07:37 PM
I really do enjoy the fact that I had most of my skills to level 40 before the update. I thought that I wasn't going to like the update but I LOVE how fast my bullets level now! All in all it was a good update, really liked the new missions!

demon_reikou
Jun 7, 2008, 10:52 PM
21 Techs 40 before update, and a handful left -.=; I dont mind the update only because I know that its helping out everyone who had a short attention span. Otherwise I'm looking forward to capping my techs and being done with them before the master classes come out.

Mawile
Jun 9, 2008, 08:26 PM
21 Techs 40 before update, and a handful left -.=; I dont mind the update only because I know that its helping out everyone who had a short attention span. Otherwise I'm looking forward to capping my techs and being done with them before the master classes come out.

Short attention span or not willing to spend hours of their life spamming one spell over and over to get it to usefulness to not look stupid.

the ra spells 1-10 are useless, resta is pretty bad below level 10 in range terms, and low level gi spells have the same problem as 1-10 ra spells with the added danger of getting killed easier. Dam spells require you to be close, even moreso at low levels.

If 1-10 had the same range in general as 11-20 then there wouldn't be such a problem, honestly. Before the patch i leveled ramegid/zonde far faster when i was actually able to hit things with it from 10+.

This is called a design flaw. Insert Sonic Team logo here.

demon_reikou
Jun 9, 2008, 11:30 PM
If anyone has any issues with leveling techs and on the pc/ps2 side, they can come join my parties in raffon field base and just watch how simple it is. Techs are simple to level, you just have to find the right ways to do it (read:not in a group). If you're having trouble dying while leveling techs, just bring the difficulty level down a notch so you can withstand the damage.

I enjoy spending an hour or two a night leveling my techs, its more relaxing for me after work and I dont have to think about much except spamming a button. I won't always level techs, but the majority of the time I am. And when you've been doing it since day 1 of course some characters pa levels are going to show up higher than others, I've just been doing it longer and not as fast as other guys.

My techs were always gonna cap, it's just been a matter of time. Theres been no rush in finding things or making sure I didn't have crappy pas.

Jakosifer
Jun 10, 2008, 02:33 AM
Wasn't what I was hoping for earlier. The changes brought on by this update are VERY subtle, buffs still level quite slowly even in buff parties, took me like an hour just to get my last buff from 21 to 31.

21 to 31?

You realize that before that would have taken you much, much, MUCH longer right?

Weeaboolits
Jun 10, 2008, 06:28 AM
My only tech to 31 before the update was regrant, skills are easy, though, had several of those.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 10, 2008, 06:41 AM
21 to 31?

You realize that before that would have taken you much, much, MUCH longer right?
Yeah, I do, as I had done it 3 times before at that point, but it wasn't the game breaking apocalypse all the PA cappers were fearing. I guess I expected too much as well, with the rebalance only being a blanket multiplier with no further tweaking to individual problem PAs, at least as far as I've seen.

But anyways, anyone who thinks buffs will level with "legitimate" normal use now unlike before would be wrong. Buff Parties are still very much required for any decent buffing.

Akaimizu
Jun 10, 2008, 09:17 AM
That much is true. Buffs and Debuffs don't magically level like crazy with normal use. You still need to do buff/debuff sessions if you want to get them levelled up, soon. It does indeed shorten the length of time you spend doing them, though.

For me, my real game truly begins when I have all my utilitarian PAs up to their final level areas. It's when I have all the resources and can fully mix them up in battle for the true support/debilitating/secretly-offensive combination I've been going for. (Ok. Maybe not exactly then. That, and some good level 180+ monsters that actually fight like 180+ monsters.)

RemiusTA
Jun 10, 2008, 11:12 AM
Anyone with multiple Lv40 PAs on this game before this update has far too much free time. Espically if that includes bullets or Technics.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 10, 2008, 11:45 AM
Pre-update LV40s:
Gravity Break
Anga Redda
Anga Jabroga
Dus Majarra
Dus Robado
Renkai Buyou-zan

Pre-update LV31+:
Boma Duranga
Twin Burn
Twin Freeze
Grav Shot
Rising Crush

Haven't done any to 31+ with update as of yet.