PDA

View Full Version : Orcdillans

Akio
Jun 6, 2008, 04:18 PM
Ok then what is the secret to these things. I am a fortegunner and am finding these things to be a royal pain in the arse. they ram me in a corner and then like 5 charge at me at once. its annoying and cheap. >.< i was thinking either the mech gun or laser knockback attack, but please share your anti-orcdillan strategies please.

Xaeris
Jun 6, 2008, 04:24 PM
I have two strategies for dealing with Orcdillans. The first is a manipulation of terrtain; if I'm walking into a room from a hallway, I move myself against the side of the wall such that their charge runs them into the adjacent edge and the corner keeps them at bay.

If that strategy's not available, their initial charge has a finite range. Stand just outside of it once you come to get a good estimate of it and they'll stop short of your harmlessly.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 6, 2008, 04:25 PM
F4 > Abandon mission > Go to a mission without them

Iduno
Jun 6, 2008, 04:34 PM
Have someone knock them down (must be from the side to work) when they swarm you then fire away

(You could even use barada chamga and let them all chase you while your mate does that if you trust him/her enough)

Otherwise open spaces and mobile weapons are your friends so you dont get cornered

Also lightening bullets for the paralyse effect are a good idea
Either way YOU WILL TAKE DAMAGE so be sure to stay stocked up on mates and bring a PM that heals a lot if you have one (default armour bot works for me and it paralyses with its bullets)

ashley50
Jun 6, 2008, 04:37 PM
Try Dodging and not stand like a post holding a rifle while shooting at them?
Have you tried using weapons that you can use on the move?

Golto
Jun 6, 2008, 04:41 PM
I just take the hits because they are not as easy to dodge as some people seem to think when its 5 of them. You can dodge maybe the first two. I use light shotgun on them.

Akio
Jun 6, 2008, 04:43 PM
Try Dodging and not stand like a post holding a rifle while shooting at them?
Have you tried using weapons that you can use on the move?

Yes i use twins thank you very much. im not stupid enough to use rifles on them, and i move back too. they are just too fast and i get overwhelmed. and FYI, i am going solo.

ashley50
Jun 6, 2008, 04:44 PM
If you stay far away from them...you can't be hit.
if you see them in their "charging" stance, get ready to move back...

You're a Gunner, you should be able to think of ways to dispose of enemies.
Even tho it might take sometime to take them down.

Iduno
Jun 6, 2008, 04:46 PM
If you stay far away from them...you can't be hit.
if you see them in their "charging" stance, get ready to move back...

or to the side so you end up behind them

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 05:55 PM
Sooo... whats the best way to kill a polty :lol:

Sydz
Jun 6, 2008, 06:02 PM
Sooo... whats the best way to kill a polty :lol:
Stab it to death, With bullets.

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:10 PM
Stab it to death, With bullets.

Or maybe, you start off your attack with an suv, then someone else uses there beast mode on it. Then, you both use all 10 scapes because he ends of whooping everyones butt. :lol:

ThEoRy
Jun 6, 2008, 06:17 PM
Regrants ftw.

CeruleanWitch
Jun 6, 2008, 06:22 PM
If anyone's played Monster Hunter, Orcdillan's the long lost brother of Bullfango.

C457 24N632
Jun 6, 2008, 06:57 PM
Ok then what is the secret to these things. I am a fortegunner and am finding these things to be a royal pain in the arse. they ram me in a corner and then like 5 charge at me at once. its annoying and cheap. >.< i was thinking either the mech gun or laser knockback attack, but please share your anti-orcdillan strategies please.

Yeah, as FoGunner I find the same thing. Obviously they're easier to deal with when playing on a team, but when soloing... what a headache they are.

Ok, the Mgun doesn't really do much to stop them. If you happen to get one from the side then you can keep it momentarily pinned and staggered, but it will run away as soon as it's had enough. Another point would be that the Mgun will not / cannot stop them from charging you, and it doesn't kill them very fast either.

I've also tried the Mayalee Prism. What a joke of a bullet that is. Nowhere does anyone mention that it has less range than any other gun. That coupled with the fact that it doesn't blast the ODs out of their charge animation, makes it a fairly poor choice of weapon against them.

Basically what I do in any room that has ODs in it is focus on them first because they're the most annoying. I find that Shotgun is the most effective tool against them seeing as they like to get right up in your face anyway, and at that you use either ice to bind them, light to spank them, or both if you don't mind carrying two shottys. Either way you should be burning Agtaride, Defbaride, and Zodiatride at all times.

Downing their defense using Twin Mayalee works well too.

dc534
Jun 6, 2008, 06:59 PM
There are a variety of ways to beat them. For one High % armor makes it so i never get knocked over by them. Since you are a forteguner rising stirke with the saber or dus majara works pretty well. Oh shotgun blasts to the face work pretty well, that or machine gun them into oblivion. I usually get creative and carry around ice and damage traps, both work well and most people dont use damage traps but they will knock things over. Thats basically it.

Rayokarna
Jun 6, 2008, 07:13 PM
If anyone's played Monster Hunter, Orcdillan's the long lost brother of Bullfango.

I hate those...

Amalga
Jun 6, 2008, 08:12 PM
How do you beat an Orcdillan? Show it how funky strong your fight is.

Seriously? They don't cause me any more problems than Sendillans do, and that's no problem at all. I'm an Acrofighter. I just tear right through their rammob.

Indica
Jun 6, 2008, 08:15 PM
Use Shock Bullets and if your Protranser just use Ex Traps.

stukasa
Jun 6, 2008, 09:26 PM
I agree with Indica, shock works pretty well. I mainly use lightning shotgun to keep them from charging me, or (if that fails) I'll use a mobile weapon and dodge them when they run at me.

Regrants ftw.
Since when can Fortegunner use Regrant? :eek:

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 6, 2008, 09:28 PM
I just let them hit me, then I get back up and kill them. Not like they're dangerous, so whatever.

DreXxiN
Jun 6, 2008, 09:57 PM
I was thinking that the difficulties most are having with these might come from the spoilage of ease from running White Beast repetitively?

Akio
Jun 6, 2008, 10:30 PM
I was thinking that the difficulties most are having with these might come from the spoilage of ease from running White Beast repetitively?

Not me, i just havent run mother brain too much. i did white beast a little after mag and got bored.

PekingDuck13
Jun 6, 2008, 10:40 PM
I am the orcdillan whisperer. You need to address them in a calm submissive manor. If they do not respond, it is okay to spray them with a bit of Regrant.

SJW89
Jun 6, 2008, 11:11 PM
Lol, stupid Orcdillans sound like Doctor Zoidberg from Futurama.