PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Megid Leveling?

ZeronechaosX
Jun 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
This is not good. I trained Megid for an Hour using my Cast Lv. 81 Acrotecher and Got megid from 1-13 in 90 minutes. That's an hour and a half. This update is not looking to good. If it matters I used C-Rank Wands and Tech-Mags also.

lokey013
Jun 6, 2008, 05:10 PM
Wow this will totally kill the lasting value if PAs are so easy to level =/

ashley50
Jun 6, 2008, 05:11 PM
isn't this what everyone is waiting for?

Alastor_Haven
Jun 6, 2008, 05:14 PM
God you people cry too much

It took me a HALF A DAY for 1-11 For megid

11-21 Took me god knows how long
Before the PA update

My megid atm is 27 And stayed like that for quite a while

If you wanna know Long?

Ask the fucking rifle players BEFORE the PA update took place

Surprised how the fuck they got there shit to 30+ x.x

Retehi
Jun 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
The value you people put on virtual e-accomplishments is beyond saddening.

Jose!
Jun 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
Are you complaining that Techs are leveling too fast?! Do you rpefer using 2000+ hours lvling it instead?!

Indica
Jun 6, 2008, 05:18 PM
It took me months to LV Megid to 40. When AOI came out it was LV12, and every once in a while I would LV it. I finally hit LV40 about 3 weeks ago.

Trick is to hit 4-6 Targets at once. The more targets you hit at once the better. If your hitting 3 Targets a lot, that is not good, you want to hit a 5+

Best map to do is Relics, Sakura Blast and the robots at Grove

Edit: White Beast too

ashley50
Jun 6, 2008, 05:21 PM
Stop Complaining or you might hear the Wrath of those who levelled their Techs to 40 before the update.

You should be Grateful you don't have to walk the path they've been to...

SonicTMP
Jun 6, 2008, 05:23 PM
Seriously, why do people complain whena game becomes less of a job?

Also 1-11 is nothing. ITs goign to fly by for any PA now. Try complaning on the 21-40 grind that its too fast.

gameday
Jun 6, 2008, 05:27 PM
It took me months to LV Megid to 40. When AOI came out it was LV12, and every once in a while I would LV it. I finally hit LV40 about 3 weeks ago.

You have my respect my friend. I'm still at level 36, actually been there for a while. ( Ohh, the memories) ( EASIER TO WATCH GRASS GROW)

Eventually I'm gonna put it at 40, just busy right now levelling the rest at 31.

str898mustang
Jun 6, 2008, 05:28 PM
Are you on drugs or something? Saying Megid is leveling too quick? How bout you go back to the old PA method and saying that. Mine was lvl 38 before the PA update and it was hell trying to level it.

Jakosifer
Jun 6, 2008, 05:57 PM
Games are meant to be fun, taking 20 years just to make a move effective isn't my idea of fun. >_>

And don't come at me with the bullshit about how leveling PA's should be/was "Challenging" pressing a button for hours on end is far from "Challenging". Just in case you wanted to play that card.

ZeronechaosX
Jun 6, 2008, 05:58 PM
It took me two and a half months to get Gifoie from one to 40. It took me Three months to get my barta to 25 ( And for the record, barta is longer than megid.) It's been 1 hr and 56 minutes and My Megid is at 16. I've got nine PA's to 40 before this update. SO DON'T TELL ME I DON't KNOW What PA LEVELING IS. My number is 30,134. (XBox 360) SO I Don't wanna hear it. I hate PA Updates and Megid is proving my point. Sega is catering to the NOOBS. They Don't care about the Launch People or the PSU Veterans ( anything 50,000 or less 360 Verson.). Were now at 83,000 in numbers. In case your wondering.

Matic
Jun 6, 2008, 06:04 PM
No, it's catering to (if anyone) those that don't have time to devote to just leveling techs.

June_Mermaid
Jun 6, 2008, 06:11 PM
Man i lvled megid before work 17-20 (77%) it faster but not as fast as everyone thinks

gameday
Jun 6, 2008, 06:22 PM
Man i lvled megid before work 17-20 (77%) it faster but not as fast as everyone thinks

Megid is like running in the ocean, first few feet, no problem, then another few feet, starts to get tougher, then hell breaks loose, stand still motion..then you give up for a while ( well at least I did)

You keep looking at that goddam tech on your rod, yep still working, did 5 missions, yep still working, look at the rod again, yep still working but only went up 8%, ahh gotta love that Megid!!

Kanore
Jun 6, 2008, 06:22 PM
baww PAs are leveling too fast

i can't wave my dick around with my unique level 40 PAs anymore waaaahh

thank god bullets and techs level faster.
barta, zonde and megid didn't deserve taking so long

gameday
Jun 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
And you guys wonder why I like the PA rebalance!!

Mag_Launcher
Jun 6, 2008, 06:29 PM
Didn't like the PA update? What's the matter... not enough TIMESINK for you? Everyone should know by now that timesinks such as these are just artificial extensions to make the game last longer, and these in particular weren't necessarily difficult at all.

Whoops, oh noes, the noobs are gonna catch up to me with my all lvl 40 PA list with all my 10/10 grinded weapons, what a world, PSU is for scrubs, ST doesn't care about hardcore people, I shat myself and need assistance.

There ARE more hardcore games to play, you know, but people seem to take comfort in being HxC (Word.) in a casual game. (Because it's the only game type they can be considered hardcore in, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl.)

gameday
Jun 6, 2008, 06:30 PM
baww PAs are leveling too fast

i can't wave my dick around with my unique level 40 PAs anymore waaaahh

thank god bullets and techs level faster.
barta, zonde and megid didn't deserve taking so long

Kanore, don't worry about people levelling up. You're one of the hardcore here, even though your techs are maxed don't expect everyone else's techs to be maxed also.

Yes I admit that it's fun right now but the novelty will soon where off for most and first thing you know, the masterforce will be here and you'll have your techs to 50.

Ken_Silver
Jun 6, 2008, 06:36 PM
So now people are complaining about how PA leveling is too easy?!?

Gimme a break. It's too hard, people BAAAAAWWWW.

It's too easy and people BAAAAAAAAWWWWWW.

It's like trying to answer which came first: the chicken or the egg; no matter how clear the answer is, people will always argue about it until the end of time.

I am going to enjoy using the easier PA leveling, once I get the chance to play. And if you need a "Challenge," then level up every PA in the game. That'll take you a while.

Mewnie
Jun 6, 2008, 07:03 PM
It took me two and a half months to get Gifoie from one to 40. It took me Three months to get my barta to 25 ( And for the record, barta is longer than megid.) It's been 1 hr and 56 minutes and My Megid is at 16. I've got nine PA's to 40 before this update. SO DON'T TELL ME I DON't KNOW What PA LEVELING IS.

Congrats on your ability to press a button for extended periods of time. Here, have a cookie.

My number is 30,134. (XBox 360) SO I Don't wanna hear it. I hate PA Updates and Megid is proving my point. Sega is catering to the NOOBS. They Don't care about the Launch People or the PSU Veterans ( anything 50,000 or less 360 Verson.). Were now at 83,000 in numbers. In case your wondering.

My # is in the four digits. For the record, I approve of this change.

Kanore
Jun 6, 2008, 08:08 PM
Kanore, don't worry about people levelling up. You're one of the hardcore here, even though your techs are maxed don't expect everyone else's techs to be maxed also.

Yes I admit that it's fun right now but the novelty will soon where off for most and first thing you know, the masterforce will be here and you'll have your techs to 50.

i think the sarcasm flew over your head there

and oh i didn't notice this

My number is 30,134. (XBox 360) SO I Don't wanna hear it. I hate PA Updates and Megid is proving my point. Sega is catering to the NOOBS. They Don't care about the Launch People or the PSU Veterans ( anything 50,000 or less 360 Verson.). Were now at 83,000 in numbers. In case your wondering.

I played from day 1 on PC/PS2. Literally day 1. And I have ALWAYS hated how long it took for PAs to level. Looks like you're speaking way too generally there, cap'n.

Kylie
Jun 6, 2008, 08:12 PM
That doesn't sound too bad; we needed stuff like this to happen. But like I've been saying a lot lately, there are some things affected by this update that shouldn't have been.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 6, 2008, 08:29 PM
So now people are complaining about how PA leveling is too easy?!?

Gimme a break. It's too hard, people BAAAAAWWWW.

It's too easy and people BAAAAAAAAWWWWWW.

It's like trying to answer which came first: the chicken or the egg; no matter how clear the answer is, people will always argue about it until the end of time.

I am going to enjoy using the easier PA leveling, once I get the chance to play. And if you need a "Challenge," then level up every PA in the game. That'll take you a while.

Phantasy Star Universe? More like Phantasy BAW Universe, lolamirite?

But seriously, you're right, you can't please everyone.

Kylie
Jun 6, 2008, 08:34 PM
Well, I mean it seems like SEGA confuses overdue with overdo sometimes. :-P I know they can't please everyone, but making majarra (etc.) level two times faster is a little too much. Megid though, that's definitely one of the arts that needed a change, and LV1 to 13 in 90 minutes isn't much complain about. I'd rather save the breath for stuff like vivi danga, regrant, shotgun bullets, etc.

Scottbot
Jun 6, 2008, 09:01 PM
I'm all for the new re-balance. I got my rifle bullets to lvl 40 before the update but it took me over 200hours. I dont wanna be going through that s**t again thanks.

SonicTMP
Jun 6, 2008, 09:05 PM

Chicken.

But seriously. I don't really agree with the overdo part. It's unlikely they changed the numbers between Japan and US. And seeing as japan didn't go in and individually set the boost per PA I don't think SoA would either. Likewise sure, some stuff doesn't need to level as fast. Insert the PA you hate seeing other people use here. But if they leave some stuff out it would cause more screaming than what we have now.

Then again in every game, at every update. Someone will complain about something good or bad.

thunder-ray
Jun 6, 2008, 09:25 PM
Ever since we got the update it took me 90 mins to get zonde from 25-27. Can anyone tell me how long it took them to lvl zonde when we didnt have the update?

LuigiMario
Jun 6, 2008, 10:58 PM
It took me two and a half months to get Gifoie from one to 40. It took me Three months to get my barta to 25 ( And for the record, barta is longer than megid.) It's been 1 hr and 56 minutes and My Megid is at 16. I've got nine PA's to 40 before this update. SO DON'T TELL ME I DON't KNOW What PA LEVELING IS. My number is 30,134. (XBox 360) SO I Don't wanna hear it. I hate PA Updates and Megid is proving my point. Sega is catering to the NOOBS. They Don't care about the Launch People or the PSU Veterans ( anything 50,000 or less 360 Verson.). Were now at 83,000 in numbers. In case your wondering.

BTW: The NOOBS you speak of are the launch party which is your own people. They don't want to spent another 5000 hours on PAs as they previously did before.

Ever think of that. And there are many of those people and those vets (me included) outnumber the few vets like you that dislike this update and want to spend another 3000-5000 hours on PAs, Char LVs and Class LVs and whatever.

Do a poll to see how many Vets agree with and approve this statement. We got lives ya know, unlike you.

Advent-
Jun 6, 2008, 11:39 PM
Ask the fucking rifle players BEFORE the PA update took place

Surprised how the fuck they got there shit to 30+ x.xSeeing as rifles level up 3x faster. It took me 5:30 - 6:00 hours to go from 19 -> 31. Without the PA update, it would've taken me around 15 hours.

LuigiMario
Jun 7, 2008, 01:11 AM
BTW: The NOOBS you speak of are the launch party which is your own people. They don't want to spent another 5000 hours on PAs as they previously did before.

Ever think of that. And there are many of those people and those vets (me included) outnumber the few vets like you that dislike this update and want to spend another 3000-5000 hours on PAs, Char LVs and Class LVs and whatever.

Do a poll to see how many Vets agree with and approve this statement. We got lives ya know, unlike you.

hghjffjgh

Ashkahn
Jun 7, 2008, 01:38 AM

Catering to the "noobs?" Maybe. But I'm one of those "ignored" veteran players (I.D. 7,708 on 360), and I'm *gasp* liking this update.

I've got bullets and skills way high levelled on Ash, and I don't feel like I've been thrown aside. Levelling Rifle shots was hell before this update - Now, I can spend less time training a bullet, and more time chilling out in the back lines and shooting stuff.

The update even made my Newman AT fun to play again, since I'm not doing MORE PA grinding. I've done plenty of that on Ashkahn.

TL;DR - Less Q_Q, more Pew Pew.

darkante
Jun 7, 2008, 05:27 AM

Whatever dude. There is no challenge in leveling P.A..only takes a shitload of patience.
I feel like this is a blessing of a update..i were stuck with a lv 40 Fire rifle bullet for a while and that my friend took a shitload of time to get so that discouraged me from leveling all the other rifle bullets. Sega´s plan is to please people enough to not make it a job to get a weapon skill to a usuable level and right now..i feel they have accomplished that now. IMO.

Scottbot
Jun 7, 2008, 05:38 AM
I totally agree with darkante there. for agesssss i was running around killing everything with lvl40 ice bullets cos 1. they did as much damage as the low lvl correct element ones and 2. they had knockdown which is a must on S and S2. It started to get really tedious, and now i find myself actually being bothered to lvl up all the other ones i probably won't use as much.

darkante
Jun 7, 2008, 05:49 AM
I totally agree with darkante there. for agesssss i was running around killing everything with lvl40 ice bullets cos 1. they did as much damage as the low lvl correct element ones and 2. they had knockdown which is a must on S and S2. It started to get really tedious, and now i find myself actually being bothered to lvl up all the other ones i probably won't use as much.

Yeah, and with lv 4 status effect and knockdown..i suggest you get Fire and Dark rifle as main priority...unless you go for maximum dmg that is.
If they are knockdowned...Silence, confuse, freeze and shock won´t do shit to help anyone. :S

EMPYREAN
Jun 7, 2008, 05:54 AM
to the topick starter:

this uppdate will not go away and it is a god sendt gift to all us normal players that HAVE a life so u have 1 option:

STOP PLAYING THIS GAME NOW!

Atomic646
Jun 7, 2008, 05:59 AM
Megid lvl's to easy now?! Ok today I leveled my Grav shot Bullet from 2-12 in 20min Killer Shot from 9-15 in 30min and Fire bullet from 1-13 in 40min. I'm not complaining** but, before the update that would of taken me 24hrs to do.

Scottbot
Jun 7, 2008, 06:24 AM
wheres the best place to do killer shot lvling gonna give it a bash now?

darkante
Jun 7, 2008, 06:27 AM
wheres the best place to do killer shot lvling gonna give it a bash now?

Plains Overlord S2...hide, shoot and repeat.

CeruleanWitch
Jun 7, 2008, 07:28 AM
With 2 hours of farming the first two mobs in White Beast S, I managed to get Tornado Dance from 7 to 27. :D

Phoenix148
Jun 7, 2008, 10:30 PM
yay, the whole topic is a flame fest, how am i not shock. though i have played since jan 2007, i no all the goods and bads of this game. on one hand, i agree that this up date was a godsent gift(rifles, megid, etc), and on the other hand it shoouldn't affect those that lvl up fast enough (majjara, the whip pa frag move, sue's claw pa). ague about it all you want its hear. if you really feel strongly about, complain to a gm with a mob of people. but otherwise accept it. yes i feel the game is getting easier and i hope st will add harder difficulties( huge war with the seed anyone?) but i find argueing over this as pointless as argueing the having a 6 person party is too much. Flame me all you want, but i have me resist / flame on and will be enjoying this nice present from sonic team.

darkante
Jun 8, 2008, 01:51 AM
yay, the whole topic is a flame fest, how am i not shock. though i have played since jan 2007, i no all the goods and bads of this game. on one hand, i agree that this up date was a godsent gift(rifles, megid, etc), and on the other hand it shoouldn't affect those that lvl up fast enough (majjara, the whip pa frag move, sue's claw pa). ague about it all you want its hear. if you really feel strongly about, complain to a gm with a mob of people. but otherwise accept it. yes i feel the game is getting easier and i hope st will add harder difficulties( huge war with the seed anyone?) but i find argueing over this as pointless as argueing the having a 6 person party is too much. Flame me all you want, but i have me resist / flame on and will be enjoying this nice present from sonic team.

Indeed i agree. Difficulty is the only thing this game lack atm.
6 people on a run shouldn´t own the missions, it SHOULD MAKE THE MISSION BEATABLE.
Now that would be a hard mission and promote much teamwork. =)