PDA

View Full Version : PSU 6 players is too much

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:06 PM
Of course i noticed this a long time ago as many others have, but i just wanted to see what everyone else thought. Me personally, i like how the special events, 1up cup, winter event, and mag were 4 player parties only. 6 players = Terrible lag (sometimes anyway) and also, less of a chance of you getting rares. It also makes this game insanely easy. This is a opinion, a OPINION. Okay, there.

I dont mean that they should reduce the number anymore, ive already posted that, but since people only read the first comment, then ill post it here. Im only stating what you see above.

Jakosifer
Jun 6, 2008, 06:07 PM
No >_>

June_Mermaid
Jun 6, 2008, 06:08 PM
Are u bored @ work or sumthing?

Mag_Launcher
Jun 6, 2008, 06:13 PM
Bawwwwww, they're making it too easy.
Bawwwwww, it makes my Xbox/PS2 lag.
Bawwwwww, dey tuk r rarz.

But yeah sometimes 6 DOES overkill it at times...

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:13 PM
Are u bored @ work or sumthing?

You can tell huh? Yeah, i am at work and im not just bored, im super bored, but then again, some of these other topics make less since, how to beat a orcdillans? Need i say more.

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
dey tuk r rarz.

i have no ideal what you said there

LuigiMario
Jun 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
No, like in PSO, they should have it so that the more people in the party, the tougher the monsters get. No need for this fourman bullshit. Just make it harder. And 4 people is still easy. Even in PSO. Especially with the SPREAD NEEDLE!

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:17 PM
I never played Pso, but what you said would make sense. But still, 6 people still has its downfalls, hopefully someone understands.

June_Mermaid
Jun 6, 2008, 06:20 PM
No, like in PSO, they should have it so that the more people in the party, the tougher the monsters get. No need for this fourman bullshit. Just make it harder. And 4 people is still easy. Even in PSO. Especially with the SPREAD NEEDLE!

I agree with you dont make it less ppl make the mobs harder, remember Seabed in PSO that sht was mad hard man @ 138 i was getting pwned

ThEoRy
Jun 6, 2008, 06:21 PM
so don't run with 6 players no1 said you ever had to.

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:24 PM

I only run with 6 people when a new mission comes out, i dont otherwise, and no, no one said i had to, but duh, im pretty sure we all been in a party with 6 people before.

Ken_Silver
Jun 6, 2008, 06:27 PM
I respectfully disagree.

I love how you can have 6 people in a party. While if more people meant more monsters wouldn't bother me, the way it is, is just fine.

When we get the super hard mission with just a bunch of Vandas shooting megid, flamethrowers and diga, you'll wish we had 8 people per party. :razz:

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 06:34 PM
I rarely come out and say this so bluntly, but...that is a TERRIBLE idea.

Reducing the number of players is a roundabout way of fixing the totally unrelated problems you listed. Slowdown is a result of poor programming, not the number of players. Treat the problem, not the symptoms.

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:42 PM
Well i dont see it being a terrible ideal, i still think that 6 people makes this game too easy, and this isnt pso, so theres no "enemies get stronger stuff here. Its just an opinion, im not saying anyone has to agree, but some know that its the truth.

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 06:45 PM
6 people isn't what makes it easy, its weak enemies. It makes more sense to unlock more difficult enemies and give people an option of how many players they want in a party.

Delete
Jun 6, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah but i doubt ST is gonna give enemies more hit points though, im just saying that as the game is now, 6 players make it easy, if they did give enemies more hp, then that would be smart.

ThEoRy
Jun 6, 2008, 06:50 PM
Well face it, it is a terrible idea. Like I said just play with four max if you feel so strongly about it, but don't force others to do the same. And yes eventually there will be much higher level enemies. Most players shortsightedness in this aspect of the game never ceases to amaze me.

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah but i doubt ST is gonna give enemies more hit points though, im just saying that as the game is now, 6 players make it easy, if they did give enemies more hp, then that would be smart.

Umm...everytime we get a new rank on a mission, the enemies have more HP.

ThEoRy
Jun 6, 2008, 06:54 PM
This reminds me of the lvl 50 cap when I started talking about S2 missions.. and was laughed at.

Kylie
Jun 6, 2008, 06:55 PM
Four seems like a limited limit. There's always someone left out from my parties at events, but the six person limit works out most of the time. The lag isn't too bad either (I'm even on PS2). It does make it a little too easy, but limiting the number of people to a party is not the solution.

BigshowPat
Jun 6, 2008, 06:59 PM
I don't know about you but there are even times when it lags horribly with only 4 players. No matter what there will always be some lag...this is SEGA!

Noblewine
Jun 6, 2008, 07:10 PM
It can't be helped regardless that it can interfers with JA'ing or healing sometimes. All you can do is ignore it.

Rambo!
Jun 6, 2008, 08:20 PM
this along with most other problems in psu can be traced back to the fact that the ps2 is not powerful enough to run the game with multiple people. I am sure that if this game was for ps3/xb360/and pc there would be many many more monster and this problem would not exist. But sega wanted to exploit the massive market share of the ps2 even at the cost of the performance of the game

Darklighter
Jun 6, 2008, 08:34 PM
I get 6 people on a team once in a blue moon. More often then not I'm playing with two or three people tops(myself included). Jacking up the difficulty to make a mission harder for 6 people would be a nightmare for small teams like mine. The boosting of the enemy for the number of people on a team would be a good compramise(more people = stronger enemy). Anyway limiting teams to 4 at max would kind of suck. When I do get 6 people teams they are a hell of a lot more fun then 4.

SonicTMP
Jun 6, 2008, 08:53 PM
Bad ideas are bad. Lowering party count would suck. All you do is slow down the run as a whole. Less people = less damage. It doesn't make it more challenging. Just slower.

In an online game where you are meant to socialize, limiting the amount of people you can interact with ranks near the top of stupid ideas.

ashley50
Jun 6, 2008, 08:54 PM
Don't like 6 people in a party? Keep it at 4...is it that hard to do that? If someone Joins, tell him/her 'I want to keep it to 4 players so, could i ask you to leave?" if he doesn't reply and stays, kick him/her.

Powder Keg
Jun 6, 2008, 09:00 PM
I think 6 can be fine. It would be cool if it made the monsters harder, though. Not from 1-2 party members, but above 4 it should change.

Besides, I like it at 6 because it always just so happens that during events one person ends up getting left out or we have to split the parties up.

DreXxiN
Jun 6, 2008, 10:02 PM
This reminds me of the lvl 50 cap when I started talking about S2 missions.. and was laughed at.

Hallelujah! I remember this too, hahah.

"Dude, what if there were like...SS missions, instead of just S, and things got even harder"

"Drex, you're an idiot."

LuigiMario
Jun 6, 2008, 11:18 PM
I get 6 people on a team once in a blue moon. More often then not I'm playing with two or three people tops(myself included). Jacking up the difficulty to make a mission harder for 6 people would be a nightmare for small teams like mine. The boosting of the enemy for the number of people on a team would be a good compramise(more people = stronger enemy). Anyway limiting teams to 4 at max would kind of suck. When I do get 6 people teams they are a hell of a lot more fun then 4.

Increasing the number of beating sticks is not going to work. As the party grows bigger, so does the power and HP of the monsters and maybe defense and perhaps smarter AI. And with 4 people, its still easy. Look at MAG minus the Caves part.

Now thats an idea.

In PSO, Ultimate Forest was easy with just one person, but when 3 others were involved, my attacks grew weaker, my AIM became way off, my health diminished rather quickly. It was like the monsters were on steroids and it went from easy to bitch just like that. Thats how it should be done minus the defense boosts, preferably HP boost.

I never played Pso, but what you said would make sense. But still, 6 people still has its downfalls, hopefully someone understands.

Type in "Private Server" in google and look for support for PSOBB.

Advent-
Jun 6, 2008, 11:32 PM
so don't run with 6 players no1 said you ever had to.This.

lostinseganet
Jun 6, 2008, 11:52 PM
6 players is too few we need 16!

LuigiMario
Jun 7, 2008, 12:48 AM
Increasing the number of beating sticks is not going to work. As the party grows bigger, so does the power and HP of the monsters and maybe defense and perhaps smarter AI. And with 4 people, its still easy. Look at MAG minus the Caves part.

Now thats an idea.

In PSO, Ultimate Forest was easy with just one person, but when 3 others were involved, my attacks grew weaker, my AIM became way off, my health diminished rather quickly. It was like the monsters were on steroids and it went from easy to bitch just like that. Thats how it should be done minus the defense boosts, preferably HP boost.

cbvcgf

frtujftyujrxdtuj

Shishi-O
Jun 7, 2008, 02:32 AM
6 people: x amount of runs: x chance of rare dropping: random elements

Monsters dying faster increases chance of rares dropping...

Boards x weps drop ratio x the chance of getting a good percentage / making the weps at all...

X chances of having the exact pallet you want = way too much time playing.

The game was designed to keep u playing.

The fact that luck decides everything makes it super tedius... People don't like tedium

So they are trying to eleviate it by making things easier, and giving more stuff,...cuz people quit every day, andrhwy need to retain their clientele .

Delete
Jun 7, 2008, 07:23 PM
Well face it, it is a terrible idea. Like I said just play with four max if you feel so strongly about it, but don't force others to do the same. And yes eventually there will be much higher level enemies. Most players shortsightedness in this aspect of the game never ceases to amaze me.

Wtf, i didnt force anyone, ive been edited my comment, its my opinion.. good god :mad:

Umm...everytime we get a new rank on a mission, the enemies have more HP.

Yeah, but still, our levels get capped up sometime too. As long as you have one techer, 1 beast and 1 or 2 gunners, thats all your gonna need. Sure 6 makes the mission quicker and if you like playing that way, then go right ahead. We both have different opinions, thats all.

Four seems like a limited limit. There's always someone left out from my parties at events, but the six person limit works out most of the time. The lag isn't too bad either (I'm even on PS2). It does make it a little too easy, but limiting the number of people to a party is not the solution.

Thats true, If you got friends or a clan, i understand, my topic is more towards random 6 player parties, which i should of stated.

Bad ideas are bad. Lowering party count would suck. All you do is slow down the run as a whole. Less people = less damage. It doesn't make it more challenging. Just slower.

In an online game where you are meant to socialize, limiting the amount of people you can interact with ranks near the top of stupid ideas.

Theres a word i want to share with you and alot of others who cant read. It is Called..........

OPINION
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

Now thats an idea.

Thanks for the nice post, ya know alot of people are being jackasses on this board. No offense. Its nice to see a reasonable post.

This.

See post 39 for help with learning to read.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2008, 07:46 PM
jeeze delete! Next time u quote more than 1 person could u try to keep it in 1 post? lol

Delete
Jun 7, 2008, 07:48 PM
jeeze delete! Next time u quote more than 1 person could u try to keep it in 1 post? lol

Sorry, i was so peed by these comments, i forgot. :lol:

LuigiMario
Jun 7, 2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the nice post, ya know alot of people are being jackasses on this board. No offense. Its nice to see a reasonable post.

:) :) 8) :) :)

cbvcgf

Now thats an idea.

:) :) 8) :) :)

Golto
Jun 7, 2008, 07:52 PM
With how things stand now for a lot of missions 6 players do not make runs any appreciably faster than lets say 4. Unless you're hacking you can only walk at a certain speed and monsters die very soon after spawning with 4 decent character parties. Its now becoming that most of the time for a run is for walking and loading screens, not fighting monsters. Its called the law of diminshing returns, each added player doesn't decrease the run time of a mission equal to the ratio of players. I can solo X mission at 18 minutes, duo X mission at 13 mins, trio it at 12 mins etc. There is also the deal about dropped meseta and how it doesn't increase at an equal proportion as more players join. Solo monster X drops 1k, duo 1.7k, trio 2.3k etc.

Kylie
Jun 7, 2008, 07:56 PM
Thats true, If you got friends or a clan, i understand, my topic is more towards random 6 player parties, which i should of stated.
Yeah, then I can somewhat see your point more; I still think six is a good limit though.

Delete
Jun 7, 2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks Kylie, im going to stop quoting people, ive done a little too much of that lol

Kylie
Jun 7, 2008, 08:09 PM
You know, it'd be interesting if you could limit the amount players allowed in your party. I guess you could now with "lock at four" or whatever, but built-in features are always nice. You could do that on Resident Evil Outbreak.

gryphonvii
Jun 7, 2008, 08:27 PM
I wanttheere to be 8 person parties so for the occasions where all of my friends are on at once we can do runs without splitting off, and enough with 4-person event missions, we have to split off even more.

Phoenix148
Jun 7, 2008, 09:51 PM
I want them to have a 20 person mission where you are in a giant desolate field where you fight many many enemies in multiple waves coming at you, ending with a boss battle with fighting the four different dragons at once. I think that would be quite an entertaining mission. What do you guys think?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 7, 2008, 09:53 PM
*space reserved when I pull my foot out of my mouth*

SonicTMP
Jun 7, 2008, 10:00 PM
Heh a mod stealth edited. nice.

Kion
Jun 7, 2008, 11:44 PM
Six is a pretty round number that works for most situations. It's enough to have a large party to sit back and chat with friends. For public parties, it's nice to not have to do much and pick up meseta, MP, and what ever rares happen to come your way. I guess delete wasn't around before the kamehameha-enemy nerf. Missions like dessert Goliath down right needed 6 people for okay mission times and even then people go their ass kicked. For now the missions are on easy street and if you want a challenge; PM your friends and stick to a small party somewhere. 6 people isn't neccessary, but i'd rather have the option.

As far as events go to reduce lag; that's been occurring more and more. Egg thieves is 4 max, MAG is four max and i imagine in the future they'll continue using four for events to help reduce lag for console players. Also anyone can help reduce lag by not equipping an aura. Seriously; they don't do anything for stats except Sta+2 lag+9. Wear it when you solo; two people equiping those in a six person mission = matrix mode for everyone.

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 8, 2008, 12:32 AM
I like 6 person parties and kind of wish they'd let you have 6 person teams for events. I'm a loser and got all my friends playing this game, so when we're in our "PSU season" where we're all interested in playing for hours on end I have 4-6 people in my house LANing on their laptops, me on my desktop PC, and someone using the PS2.

When events come up I feel like a rubber band being pulled in all directions because I almost never have parties sync up so I can run with everyone.

I agree with the idea that they up enemy HP or something similar to PSO. I think massively increasing the enemy spawns and enemy Hp when you're in a 6 person party over soloing would be great.

Zorafim
Jun 8, 2008, 12:43 AM
I feel the difficulty of the game is near perfect, when I'm soloing at the highest difficulty missions. Once another member comes in, it becomes a route. With six, I hardly feel like I'm doing anything other than watching monsters fall.
I feel that four is a pretty good cap, but as Kylie said, a friend is always left out. Six is good for casual grinding with friends, where you can just talk and not really thing and still get things done. But I really don't want to play the whole game in a party of six.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 8, 2008, 09:21 AM
well in PSO they solved that problem pretty well by increasing the strength of the monsters by how many people you have with you, now x4 you know those monsters were insane at times so imagine x6, I for one would think it would work cause at that lvl of damage your constantly going to need to heal and retreat waiting for your friends to join in to take down that monster.

Iduno
Jun 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
dunno why but I got disconected and lagged WAY MORE in the 4 person partys in MAG (not any other event they worked fine) then in 6 person partys before or after it :S

Mystil
Jun 8, 2008, 03:44 PM

Incase it had to be read three times.

Anyway 6 makes the game easy but it depends on the players involved. 130beast FF and 5 80-90s aren't gonna blow through much of any thing quickly.

Delete
Jun 8, 2008, 06:34 PM
ya know mystil, im not even gonna start with the whole opinion thing again. Do me a favor though and let me know when you make it to middle school so you can learn about, THE DICTIONARY...THE ONES WHO CANT READ post 3 friggn 4, that is 34 put together.

SonicTMP
Jun 8, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hey delete, our little agrument got removed for a reason. You need to get over the fact that people don't all agree with you. If you aren't someone who starts arguments then quit trying to stuff the opinion thing into everyones mouth.

Delete
Jun 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
Hey delete, our little agrument got removed for a reason. You need to get over the fact that people don't all agree with you. If you aren't someone who starts arguments then quit trying to stuff the opinion thing into everyones mouth.

Then get over the other fact too that im not making anyone agree with me, my opinion is mine, so if people are telling me dont play with 6 people, thats not exactly an opinion. If they say they like having 6 people then thats okay,And im not stuffing anything down no ones mouth, its just annoying when people dont read your whole post yet they comment anyway.
I dont have a problem with you or anyone, all i ask is to be treated with respect, and ill do the same back.

Iduno
Jun 9, 2008, 04:24 PM
Sega just needs to let party leaders set the max players who can join (this is a basic feture even in xbla games lol dunno why they havent done it yet TBH)

That said a good way to set it to 4 is just bring your bot and an NPC, they dont output much damage to make it that much easier and they fill up the spaces so you dont need to keep locking at 4

Zos
Jun 9, 2008, 04:37 PM
Ive never noticed any significant lag when playing with 5 other people, but theres a bunch of variables that factor into lag.

Delete
Jun 9, 2008, 04:52 PM
iduno, thats a great ideal. I usually solo runs the same way. Because honestly, i can do every run in the game with 2 npc's and myself and i only have trouble sometimes doing desert goliath( when it lags).

Ri0T
Jun 9, 2008, 07:25 PM
6 is fine to me, and i lag bunches. (even on frameskip 3)

I guess i am less troubled by the lag issue and more troubled that lowering the 6 person party count would make the game less of an MMO than it already is. It would be like devolving.