PDA

View Full Version : I need a doctor

Sayara
Jun 6, 2008, 11:28 PM
my art gland has been dry for close to 2 weeks.

This is serious!

Ketchup345
Jun 6, 2008, 11:41 PM
I think the cure is lead paint chips. Take 50g of those, and get back to us. I forget if they help art or do weird things to the artist's brain. :wacko:

If you can, take a break from trying at art for a few days.

Retniwreven
Jun 6, 2008, 11:41 PM
You should draw a Lime.
A lime lost in the cold depths of space, turning slowly into a supernova.
Don't forget the lensflare.

And if you want to be really artistic, have it sucking in coconuts akin to a black hole.

astuarlen
Jun 7, 2008, 12:05 AM
You too, Mighty Brow of Mine Eye?

I just haven't felt super-inspired to paint since the semester ended. Sure it will wear off... just not sure when. Lack of arting makes me feel guilty and kind of blah, but right now part of me just wants to indulge in other things, even knowing they're less fulfilling for me.
Try to think of it as recharging and collecting more material to exploit.

Solstis
Jun 7, 2008, 12:06 AM
I don't think I'll be able to write (fiction) until I can land a decent job. After I get the job, I might not care, so who knows?

Sayara
Jun 7, 2008, 12:07 AM
What kills me is my brain is flowing ideas left and right, the rest of me just can't get them down !

Retniwreven
Jun 7, 2008, 12:07 AM
Something like this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Tonberry_Parfait/OmgWut4.jpg

Solstis
Jun 7, 2008, 12:10 AM
What kills me is my brain is flowing ideas left and right, the rest of me just can't get them down !

Try to slow down using breathing techniques?

I find that the problem with intentionally slowing down my heart-rate is doubt. Is my body working efficiently already? Is my heart supposed to be beating so quickly?

Sayara
Jun 7, 2008, 12:18 AM
I never considered my heart into this consideration ;o

astuarlen
Jun 7, 2008, 12:19 AM
You can SLO-MO?*
> Solstis

Try walking in front of some gilchics.

I don't know. Hmm, sometimes I just make lists of images instead of bothering to draw them out when I have a cubic deci-tonne of ideas. Then I can go back and pick the ones that are really worth taking on.
:???:

*Totally messed that up, I'm sure. Hey, it's been a while.

Solstis
Jun 7, 2008, 12:22 AM
My current crutch is that I can only write when I'm tired. As a certain Sagasu pointed out to me earlier, probably not a good idea.

astuarlen
Jun 7, 2008, 12:30 AM
I suffer from a related malady which causes me to feel disinclined to draw until about midnight, after which I simultaneously get more and more into it and more and more exhausted. As a result, I can only sustain a couple productive hours before I have to sleep.
Sucks.
Perhaps once I am entirely free of school I'll just let my sleep schedule drift accordingly.