PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Race/Gender on storymode

ErtaiClou
Jun 7, 2008, 02:18 AM
I first noticed in Ep.2 ch.8 that while playing as an “organic,” the conversation about seed vaccine was short. However, while playing as a CAST, a different conversation took place explaining the special CAST vaccine. Now in Ep.3 ch.4 there is another character recognition sequence with Newman's and A-photons. My Newman agreed with the A-photon burden while my beast shook no in puzzlement. Since I only have 3 characters at the moment, I am curious if anyone else has experienced other reactions or even different instances of story mode changes as a result of race/gender.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 7, 2008, 02:21 AM
Online storymode, or offline? I suppose the two might be the same. This should make Zoamel's scripting project interesting, if he decides to expand it to Episode 2 as well ;)

ashley50
Jun 7, 2008, 02:21 AM
Im sure everyone has...

'cause i did.

Macras
Jun 7, 2008, 02:23 AM
simply this from ch.4

Curtz:this is the first time i've fought with a human... and a child at that.(or something similar)
Me: wtf, im human too bastard >3>

ErtaiClou
Jun 7, 2008, 02:24 AM
I believe offline and online would be the same, except I guess offline doesn't the more missions.

Cypher_9
Jun 7, 2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I seen the difference too.. I felt special when they said Maya prepared a special CAST vaccine for me so I wouldn't go crazy.. XD but, in the 4th chapter... I was clueless to what Maya was feeling.. eventho Lou mentioned that she was receiving the A-Photon waves and blocked unnecessary ones out.. Why couldn't I receive them.. -_- lol

ErtaiClou
Jun 7, 2008, 09:37 AM
O, CAST don't sense anything? I'll go try with mine right now.

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 09:49 AM
Wow, that's interesting. Like Ertai's beast, Kinako (who is human) didn't sense anything. I don't have a newman, so I'd probably get the same response from all my characters.

Which brings up a question: If you're playing as a Newman, do you still need Maya to guide you through the mission?

Arika
Jun 7, 2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=1474

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 10:13 AM
Man, I wish I did have a newman now to try that.

Kanore
Jun 7, 2008, 10:16 AM
Ha, you non-pointy eared people can't suffer from massive A-Photon levels.

Matic
Jun 7, 2008, 10:22 AM
Are you guys saying that your non-newman characters just didn't feel anything at all? I recall being given a choice when using my human character (I feel it / I don't feel it). Maybe it has something to do with being a techer, as well? (I was a WT at the time.)

I haven't tried my newman yet. In fact, I haven't done the previous chapter with her, either..

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
Oh, back off. :p

To Matic: Could be. Although Kinako is an Acrotecher and I wasn't given that choice.

Realmz
Jun 7, 2008, 10:26 AM
simply this from ch.4

Curtz:this is the first time i've fought with a human... and a child at that.(or something similar)
Me: wtf, im human too bastard >3>

Curtz was refering to Lumia there, not you/

why did Curtz what Lumia around anyway?

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 10:29 AM
He said he saw something special in Lumia. He went into further detail about it, but I forgot what he said.

Arika
Jun 7, 2008, 11:08 AM
Well , he just like Lumia, because she is Ethan's sister. He got his special impression toward Ethan <,<;

after the end of that, he will say that you are equal to Ethan!!..... hell, equal to NPC... I m a noob then? ;_;

Kanore
Jun 7, 2008, 11:13 AM
Curtz called Lumia 'dear'. Curtz is pedo for Lumia.

ErtaiClou
Jun 7, 2008, 11:13 AM
Nope, my CAseal doesn't seem to have the same sensory functions as Lou 256. Unfortunately for newmans, Maya is still used to decide to the correct trail.

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
Curtz called Lumia 'dear'. Curtz is pedo for Lumia.

Actually, he was under the idea that you were always supposed to call a young girl that. So he still has a lot to learn about the non-CAST races.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 7, 2008, 01:33 PM
I was on fortegunner with my newman when I did it and she said she felt by nodding, as well. It's too bad we couldn't just choose our own paths lol.

Alry
Jun 7, 2008, 02:58 PM
Actually, he was under the idea that you were always supposed to call a young girl that. So he still has a lot to learn about the non-CAST races.

I laughed out loud when he said that because I remembered his spoken voice from episode one. It's all gruff and growl-y.. LUHH-MIA DEARR

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 03:01 PM
I laughed out loud when he said that because I remembered his spoken voice from episode one. It's all gruff and growl-y.. LUHH-MIA DEARR

*laughs* That would have been funny to hear. XD

Ken_Silver
Jun 7, 2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed Chapter 4 very much.

And I am also glad that I (Male Human character) didn't have to feel them A photon waves. They made Maya hurt. lol

Maybe human characters will get a specific line directed at them in the next episode. I say this because Howser runs the Human Supremacy group and all and he notices the main character as the "Guardians' Ace" like Ethan was. So maybe he'll try to recruit the human characters and belittle the other races by calling them inferior or something of the like. It's not that far off of an idea.

Just a thought.

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 03:16 PM
That's a very good point, Ken. Maybe that will happen. :)

Arika
Jun 7, 2008, 09:28 PM
since this thread are full of spoiler lol..
this is big one on the link ;-)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2041121&postcount=373

Masterflower
Jun 7, 2008, 10:01 PM
Give me back my Lou ; ; She was kicken ass out there

Phoenix148
Jun 7, 2008, 10:12 PM
we better be able to get that lou's partner card!!!! i bet thats why that lou on egg theives was missing her hat!

Kylie
Jun 7, 2008, 11:40 PM
They had to do this since the main character in these stories are, well, you, and it's a nice touch as well.