PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's GM event (June 6)

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 7, 2008, 02:36 AM
So who participated in running the new mission and participated in the quiz? I never had a blow up Pete PM before, so winning round #2 of the quiz was a thrill. Did anyone else who frequents PSOW win? Leave your thoughts and experiences from it here.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 7, 2008, 02:37 AM
It was fun participating. It wasn't fun losing despite having the most points in my session.

HFlowen
Jun 7, 2008, 02:37 AM
Flowen

EMPYREAN
Jun 7, 2008, 02:39 AM
1. never even heard abute this be4
2. bet it was in a non EU friendly time so i realy dont care.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 7, 2008, 02:40 AM
The trivia sessions went from 9-10 PM PDT(or is it PST right now?) or so, so not particularly EU-friendly.

EtherForce
Jun 7, 2008, 02:41 AM
The first one was stinky cause there was so many people and after the first three questions the GM's text bubbles wouldn't show up at all. There weren't that many people at the second one though and it was pretty cool.

EMPYREAN
Jun 7, 2008, 02:52 AM
The trivia sessions went from 9-10 PM PDT(or is it PST right now?) or so, so not particularly EU-friendly.

well if im right that means that this happend around 5-6 am where i am now(gmt+1) but im no longer supriced aboute this sort of thing.
so what was it all aboute?

beatrixkiddo
Jun 7, 2008, 02:53 AM
PSO-based trivia.

goldbrease
Jun 7, 2008, 02:54 AM
the group up of the second one i was in was not that fun. no one would be quite and would spam there answers over and over or would spam the same thing such as flowen to every question.
and half the questions i couldn't see as just before ruby posted his question bam half the group did a comment or emote and his question was shoved into the corner or over lapped by someone and could not be read.

but now that i think about it, the people who got the answers correct the fastest probably had black listed most of the people competing so he would only see the gm's question.... why didn't i think of that during the trivia

Miyoko
Jun 7, 2008, 02:56 AM
So who participated in running the new mission and participated in the quiz? I never had a blow up Pete PM before, so winning round #2 of the quiz was a thrill. Did anyone else who frequents PSOW win? Leave your thoughts and experiences from it here.

That was you?! omg I hate you. >:(

Voison
Jun 7, 2008, 04:27 AM
I Missed It. :(

Tyreek
Jun 7, 2008, 04:27 AM
In my honest opinion, it was poorly organized. Then again, I was probably there during the end of the event. I really think ST should have sent a few more GMs to assist RubyEclipse, cause quite a load of people wouldn't be quiet and spammed all over the place. I dunno if Sage was around, but I think more GMs should've been around for crowd control. It was fun doing the trivia for about a good few minutes, but I think this could've been handled better. Meh, it IS Sega after all.

Dammit! The last answer was Elysion! XD Congrats to G.O.L.D for answering that one. Oh, and exactly what did people win for this?

goldbrease
Jun 7, 2008, 05:07 AM
well the top prize was an inflatable pm that would be mailed to you.
supposedly for every question you got right there was a prize you were awarded but i don't know what. as soon as the trivia ended and he said he would do the prizes half of everyone jumped at him and started asking questions like when new content is coming.

I ran a game with ruby and before we could get to the mission counter he was bombarded like mad. one person notices the blue name and screams gm in the room and its like everyone from every lobby hits that lobby.

ruby stated several times he can not say one thing or another about any new content we are geting until sega has made a press release on it. and they continue asking him about that stuff.

unicorn
Jun 7, 2008, 09:32 AM
It was horrendous. The event started late cuz people wouldn't stfu. A lot of people didn't get Ruby Eclipse's questions. I ended up leaving. Pete isn't worth being thrown in a monotonous lobby with a LOT of people that I dislike. It was a hot tranny mess. -_-;

What pissed me off is that I alot of the people who wouldn't STFU were popular people from PSO-W.

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 09:54 AM
In my honest opinion, it was poorly organized. Then again, I was probably there during the end of the event. I really think ST should have sent a few more GMs to assist RubyEclipse, cause quite a load of people wouldn't be quiet and spammed all over the place. I dunno if Sage was around, but I think more GMs should've been around for crowd control. It was fun doing the trivia for about a good few minutes, but I think this could've been handled better. Meh, it IS Sega after all.

Agreed, but keep in mind that this was really the first time they held such an event. Maybe they'll learn from this and send more GMs next time.

Naria
Jun 7, 2008, 10:44 AM
I found it to be fun though I didn't get anything still had some fun with it. Hope next thing they do doesn't require the "Who is the fastest typer" technique to determine a winner. I am a bad typer when it comes to trying to type quickly so gave up typing out the answers to the questions though I knew most of them. Thanks to them though for the entertaining time. Also liked to tell Len and Kahn that they did a good job controlling the crowd and advising people to what was going on.

Kanore
Jun 7, 2008, 11:08 AM
It was retarded. The PC/PS2 community seems to pride itself in being 'more mature' than the 360 community, but it obviously wasn't. 'Be quiet' was topped off by more 'STFU lol ^_^' and a bunch of clantards decided to spam their stupid clan shit halfway through. Yeah, you know who you are. Aside from that, there were people who thought they were above whatever anyone else said and carried on talking to themselves and trying to be cute by sucking up to Ruby.

Some idiots continued to whine about how 'unfair' the quiz was, when it was stated multiple times that it was a PSO quiz. The major problem was people not being able to read what Ruby said, especially if it had to carry on to a second line. People were already busy spamming the answer before he finished asking the question.

Ruby did a horrible job of organizing the quiz, and I didn't participate in the second event, whatever the hell that was. When we started he didn't even directly reference which events were which in the middle of the spam. 'We're doing the first event here, and then the second event will be later!'

His GM powers to prevent spammers were poorly used and again shows how inefficient our ST staff is.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 7, 2008, 11:21 AM
The second round of the event was actually pretty well organized, I don't see why people *cough*Kanore*cough* are whining. Ruby even said that it went a lot smoother than the first round.

Didn't get any points (I knew the answers but couldn't type fast enough), but it was still a lot of fun, and made it actually seem like our poor non-JP server was cared about, for once.

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 11:25 AM
I didn't attend the second round, but it wasn't personal. I was just ready for bed. XD

Glad it went better then the first one. :)

CeruleanWitch
Jun 7, 2008, 11:26 AM
The second round of the event was actually pretty well organized, I don't see why people *cough*Kanore*cough* are whining. Ruby even said that it went a lot smoother than the first round.

Didn't get any points (I knew the answers but couldn't type fast enough), but it was still a lot of fun, and made it actually seem like our poor non-JP server was cared about, for once.

Did you even attend the first session? No? Then you wouldn't understand why Kanore was "whining."

Chris28
Jun 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
It was retarded. The PC/PS2 community seems to pride itself in being 'more mature' than the 360 community, but it obviously wasn't. 'Be quiet' was topped off by more 'STFU lol ^_^' and a bunch of clantards decided to spam their stupid clan shit halfway through. Yeah, you know who you are. Aside from that, there were people who thought they were above whatever anyone else said and carried on talking to themselves and trying to be cute by sucking up to Ruby.

Some idiots continued to whine about how 'unfair' the quiz was, when it was stated multiple times that it was a PSO quiz. The major problem was people not being able to read what Ruby said, especially if it had to carry on to a second line. People were already busy spamming the answer before he finished asking the question.

Ruby did a horrible job of organizing the quiz, and I didn't participate in the second event, whatever the hell that was. When we started he didn't even directly reference which events were which in the middle of the spam. 'We're doing the first event here, and then the second event will be later!'

His GM powers to prevent spammers were poorly used and again shows how inefficient our ST staff is.

It was the same event, he was just doing it twice because there were so many people.

Kylie
Jun 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
PSO-based trivia.
Ew. :nono:

Well, I guess it's good that they're trying to do things.

Rayokarna
Jun 7, 2008, 12:03 PM
LOL, at least you people were up to see it. I didn't log off until about 1am and I didn't here shit about it. Thanks ST for getting your fucking time zones right...

Jarek
Jun 7, 2008, 12:10 PM
I sat around for a good hour before getting tired of nothing happening and leaving.
Yeah, fun.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 7, 2008, 12:16 PM
Well, I finally posted my feelings about the event ¬_¬
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144047

McLaughlin
Jun 7, 2008, 12:39 PM
Was this held on the 360 too?

I had no idea about any event. :/ Probably wouldn't have gone anyway. >_>

Ken_Silver
Jun 7, 2008, 12:55 PM
What event? Sonic Team's advertising is really good, 'eh?

And I'm glad that PSOWorld was well represented. :nono:

Is anything sacred to anyone anymore? :(

Kanore
Jun 7, 2008, 12:56 PM
What event? Sonic Team's advertising is really good, 'eh?

And I'm glad that PSOWorld was well represented. :nono:

Is anything sacred to anyone anymore? :(

I'm sure a lot of PSO-World people were there.

That's why it was so noisy and so little could be done.

Ken_Silver
Jun 7, 2008, 01:09 PM
I'm sure a lot of PSO-World people were there.

That's why it was so noisy and so little could be done.

And that's the sad part. I expected more from our community.

Shame. :nono:

JAFO22000
Jun 7, 2008, 01:44 PM
Was this held on the 360 too?

I had no idea about any event. :/ Probably wouldn't have gone anyway. >_>

Probably not.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 7, 2008, 01:48 PM
Did you even attend the first session? No? Then you wouldn't understand why Kanore was "whining."

Because the second round wasn't as bad, obviously. Thus the event wasn't a "mess" or failure, or catastrophe or whatever whiners like him (and you) wanna say.

There were spammers obviously, but it got better and in the end was a fun event. I guess people need something to complain about, even when Sega for once tries to do something right by the community.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 7, 2008, 01:49 PM
People who scored in the first couldn't participate in the second session. Therefore, the entirety of the event for Kanore was full of spam.

Gunslinger-08
Jun 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'm almost glad I missed it, based on what I've read.

Neith
Jun 7, 2008, 02:57 PM
When an event like this can be organised at a EU-friendly time, I might consider going to it. From what I've heard one or two of the questions were badly thought out anyway.