PDA

View Full Version : How do you decide on your four characters?

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 10:53 AM
This is partly something I'm curious about, but it might also help me make an important decision:

When making your four characters, do you prefer to make one of each race, or is there another factor in your decision? If there is another factor, please explain it.

darkante
Jun 7, 2008, 10:55 AM
I like to get by the strong points of characters..donīt like balanced. :P

So therefore i made 2 cast (one male and one female) instead of a human besides just beast and newman.

I havenīt really put any effort on my male cast as of now but...i made one cause they look very badass. :P

Kanore
Jun 7, 2008, 11:04 AM
I have a Newman, CAST, and a slot for a Human I might level.

Beasts aren't my thing. The 4th slot is for joke characters.

Seority
Jun 7, 2008, 11:05 AM
I like having all four races for the luck chances ;]

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 7, 2008, 11:07 AM
I have a Male Human, Female Newman, and a Male Beast. Other than that, I have another Female Human whom I created just a while ago. I kind of play around with that 4th slot a lot though.

Powder Keg
Jun 7, 2008, 11:09 AM
I ended up going with one of each race. I wanted at least one female on my roster as well, just for the sake of different looks/clothes/animations, etc.

At first I was never going to choose a beast because I thought to myself I wouldn't be able to handle the horrible ATA...but it's the class that makes the real difference in this case.

Gunslinger-08
Jun 7, 2008, 11:10 AM
I basically took my 4 favorite characters from PSO and remade them, albeit with some changes.

darkante
Jun 7, 2008, 11:11 AM
I ended up going with one of each race. I wanted at least one female on my roster as well, just for the sake of different looks/clothes/animations, etc.

At first I was never going to choose a beast because I thought to myself I wouldn't be able to handle the horrible ATA...but it's the class that makes the real difference in this case.

I kinda wish that ATA would matter more so there would be more CAST characters around. :P

CAST SUPREMACY...ohh no wait...uhm...BEAST SUPREMACY (for now..>.>...)

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 11:14 AM
I currently have a female human, a female and a male beast, and female CAST, but I found that I miss having a newman, despite protests I've made in the past. I don't know who I would replace with said newman, though. I have reasons for wanting to keep all my characters, but I still think I want a newman, too.

Danny_Dark
Jun 7, 2008, 11:17 AM
I have all 4 Races...

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 7, 2008, 11:23 AM
Before I made my Beast, I was only going to play Humans and Newmans because I preferred them over Beasts and CASTs, but then I wanted an all-powerful villain character who was really great at melee fighting, and I felt that a Beast would be perfect for that role, besides, there aren't any evil Beasts in PSU's story, so I thought I would make one myself.

ErtaiClou
Jun 7, 2008, 11:43 AM
I like character diversity. Once my friend is finished trying out PSU with my fourth character slot, I'll finally have a human in there.

EMPYREAN
Jun 7, 2008, 11:44 AM
when i start making a new cara i first think of what job/s it is gonna be doing. then i select the race that is IMO best at this stats wise. the choise of male and female is done by a coin toss XD
atm my 4th cara is a low lv cast GT.

AweOfShe
Jun 7, 2008, 11:49 AM
I just decided to make all 4 races. Although I mainly just use my Newman and Cast the most.

EDIT: I might actually delete my Beast for a male Newman this time.

Kylie
Jun 7, 2008, 11:51 AM
I like beasts and dislike humans, so I have two beasts (male and female - the male one's frankly just for male clothes :lol:). Then I have a caseal that's a fighter because I don't like range, and there's my newman that I have for magic. They all look like my main, which I did somewhat on purpose... Also, I went through many characters before I was happy with the four I have now.

Kylie (human)
Elle (range caseal)
Kairi (newman)
Stud (short beast)
Warren (human)
Lorelei (human)
Catsy (newman)
Izumi (human)

etc.

Phoenix148
Jun 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
I just made characters and chose classes based on what weapons i liked, like one of my chars is there so i can see how funny certain pa moves and weapons looked on a midget rappy (drunken rappy, anyone)

Rayokarna
Jun 7, 2008, 11:58 AM
I recreated a CAST and a human because thats what I had in PSO. This time thought, I decided to make a second CAST insted of a second human. (In PSO I had CAST, hman, human. Now I have CAST, human, CAST.)

Im a sucker for anything robotic and is a huge fan of Gundam Wing/Seed, Megaman and so on. My two CASTs share the same first name and look exactly alike except of the colours. I'll post them up evenually.

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2008, 12:00 PM
Each of my four characters was made so I could use every clothing style available. That is, both cast genders and both fleshy genders.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
i made a beast human and 2 casts cuz i dont like newmans and i love gunner types.

ashley50
Jun 7, 2008, 12:13 PM
3 CASTs...1 Newman

Omega_Weltall
Jun 7, 2008, 12:19 PM
I have 1 newman 1 human and 2 CASTs i WAS gonna make a beast but i just didnt like em ...
may ditch the 2nd cast cause i dont play him at all and make a Female Beast Wartecher.
I would make another male but.. male clothes SUCK and he'd just have the same stuff as my Main so nm.
Also, usualy i name my characters after characters from PS1-4 but now i name them after my own characters (i have this CGI movie/comic/rpg idea going) and name thier PM's after PS1-4 people

Rust
Jun 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
I was going for one of each race from the beginning, with two of each gender. So now i have male human and CAST, and female beast and newman. The class types i was heading them for was also almost determined from the beginning, i wanted one of each hybrid class (i never like playing specialized characters with the best class / race combo, anyways), the human being a protranser. Well, with the better MP / XP rewards we have now since AotI, i kind of assigned each of my characters two or three types which are alike so i can try some different ways of playing with them while sticking to the kind of character they were going to be at first.
Even with the insane rewards, in some missions, my slow-leveling habit will keep me busy forever to level two or three types per character only, character and types level caps will always raise before i hit them, so i don't have any worry about being bored for having nothing to do anymore, at least.

EDIT : I forgot to add i made a CASEAL offline because i was missing trying out the female CAST parts and didn't wanted to delete any of my online chars.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 7, 2008, 12:40 PM
Slot 1: F CAST techer (onry)
Slot 2: F Newman fighter/gunner/hybrid (no tech)
Slot 3: M Human (Harry Potter)
Slot 4: Joke character/character for 3* luck for grinding (remake often)

mvffin
Jun 7, 2008, 12:44 PM
I started with one of each race, but my human dissappointed me, so I made a 2nd cast.

Ken_Silver
Jun 7, 2008, 01:07 PM
I wanted to make one of all 4 races, but that didn't work. I tried to make a female newman, but I don't like playing the job of a full force, and when Wartecher didn't work, I gave up the newman for a female human Acrotecher. She's based off my main character Offline for PSU and I just recreated her online.

My main character is a Human male (and he's based on me, so he's going nowhere.) Plus, I mostly play as him online so he's what I am known by (Kenneth "Ken" Silver.)

I also have a female beast who is a Guntecher and she came out well. The Voyoval outfit suits her well and she's my second favorite character. But she's kind of restricted since I made her to play the Cowboy motif.

My last character is another female beast who I am not too happy with. In her slot was originally a female Cast, but I was able to recreate the female cast offline and have more fun playing her offline. I tried to create a second Cast in her place, but I couldn't find any clothes that match her and I don't like how the Voyoval outfit looks on Casts. Besides, one cowboy character is enough. So I have this slot, but no idea on what to do with it. If I ever recreate her, she'll be either a Cast or newman, but I don't like my options for either. Cast look bad and Newmans play bad. Both are important to me.

I wish we'd get 4 more slots that the JPN servers got, but since I know the 360 on how that happened, I also know that we won't get them either. It's just wishful thinking I suppose.

Weeaboolits
Jun 7, 2008, 01:55 PM
I think of a character, make them, and keep them if I grow attatched, if not they get deleted for a new one later.

redroses
Jun 7, 2008, 02:04 PM
I'm not one of the "needs one of every race" people.
Already because I hate humans XD

I know have one female Cast as main, and three Beast :| rofl.
I did have a Newman, which I wanted to become a Techer, but I just don't have the time and patience. And I also wanted one of my charas to become a GunMaster. And I want all my charas to have one main class.
Anyway, I just couldn't connect to my Newman much and couldn't see her as a other class as a Techer, so I recreated her as a beast.
And for me, one female Cast is enough, because like that I have more clothing options and stuff. And all my other charas have kind of color shemes, which is why they don't wear all kind of clothing types. Also all my Beast only use one Nanoblast each. You can see which Nanoblast which beast of mine have because of the eye colors.
So yeah, I am very stable and attached to my charas. And I don't mind having 3 beast. I like them all a lot and happy with all of their designs. And that is what matters to me =3

Edit: I also don't play any male charas, because I am female myself and I had to play enough male charas in so many other games XD lol!

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 02:14 PM
Well, no matter what I do, amai, my human's staying put. I put the most time into her and she's also the character I'm most attached to.

redroses
Jun 7, 2008, 02:23 PM
Well, no matter what I do, amai, my human's staying put. I put the most time into her and she's also the character I'm most attached to.

Oh? I hope you didn't missunderstand me XD
I never said you should give up your human or anything, or that others/you shouldn't play as humans, just that I personally wouldn't want to play them, because I don't like them. =3

Kinako78
Jun 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
Ok, fair enough. I'm mostly gearing towards replacing my CAST...only problem there is that she has some rare line shield [b]s in her PM already waiting to be synthed...so I'd have to get those done before I went about replacing her.

Fanin
Jun 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
1 for hunter
1 for gunner
1 for force
1 for storage purpose

Iduno
Jun 7, 2008, 02:54 PM
All 4 since I want to get the most out of my fee (if you leave a race out your missing out on their playstle and/or special abilitys)

Cody521
Jun 7, 2008, 02:58 PM
I have a male beast forte fighter(no explaination needed)

A male newman fortetecher(again no explanation needed)

Then i have 2 male casts,
1 is a protranser because of the high bullets and gun selectionand the combo of EX traps and the SUV(traps refill the SUV very fast).

The other is a Guntecher, again because of the good bullets, the weapon stats and the ability to use the rest of the guns that pro transers dont get to use, and finaly the fact that he heal, buff and debuff, without having to worry aboutcasts bad tech stats.

RadiantLegend
Jun 7, 2008, 03:25 PM
2 Cast
1 Caseal
1 Beast - Who I dont use.

imfanboy
Jun 7, 2008, 03:36 PM
One of each.

Female beast:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/iamfanboy/psu%20PSO%20stuff/snapshot6.jpg
Female Newman:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/iamfanboy/psu%20PSO%20stuff/snapshot4.jpg
Female Human:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/iamfanboy/psu%20PSO%20stuff/snapshot2.jpg
And Female CAST:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/iamfanboy/psu%20PSO%20stuff/snapshot9.jpg

Oh, and my hidden character: Fanboy, the male Newman, whom all the girls are pursuing... not that he notices.

Why all girls?

Dude, if I'm gonna stare at some character's ass for hours on end, I'd rather it be a shapely female ass, not a homely male butt.

stukasa
Jun 7, 2008, 05:02 PM
I have a Newman, CAST, and a slot for a Human I might level.

Beasts aren't my thing. The 4th slot is for joke characters.
^ Ditto. Except my Human is already level 99. :p

I honestly wasn't trying to make one character of every race, that's just how it turned out. I have one techer, one gunner and one fighter. I haven't decided if I ever plan to make another character, but if I do, I'll pick whatever I like best.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 7, 2008, 05:14 PM
Newman supremecy...

2 Females and a Male. I haven't been able to play on my 4th slot character, a CAST though. He's 54 but even when I go on him I loathe playing.

I'm considering a male beast, because that's the only non-newman gender and race combo I haven't tried yet. Ironic because my brother only plays beasts.

GaNksTa
Jun 7, 2008, 05:23 PM
Right now I have a Beast M, Cast F, Human F and Beast M (Letting my neighbor try PSU out; hence two Beast Ms). Though I have more than 4 slots available so I guess this doesn't really apply to me :/

Noblewine
Jun 7, 2008, 05:25 PM
Mine are based off of games I played back then. My main is just something random I put together.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 7, 2008, 05:30 PM
Newman supremecy...

2 Females and a Male. I haven't been able to play on my 4th slot character, a CAST though. He's 54 but even when I go on him I loathe playing.

I'm considering a male beast, because that's the only non-newman gender and race combo I haven't tried yet. Ironic because my brother only plays beasts.

Time to get one of those newmans on fortefighter or something lol.

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 7, 2008, 06:11 PM
When I'm not playing this or working I run a tabletop game for a small circle of my friends and I generally make characters that are similar to those characters that I use in that game.

F Cast figunner modeled off of one of my assassin characters
M Cast Protranser modeled off of a giant robot they fought once.
M BeastAcrotecher (going fortefighter soon) modeled off of a felinoid bard character I played a while back.
and my new alt M Newman Guntecher/Acrotecher modeled off of one of my NPCs that wound up becoming a demon due to PC screw-ups LoL

I agree with everyone that wishes we had more character slots because I've had to turn down my ideas for so many more characters because of lack of space.

soolayah
Jun 7, 2008, 06:19 PM
I never deliberately went for the one of each race route but I seem to have almost ended up there anyway; I actually have access to all the clothing variations (female cast, female beast, male cast and male newman). :wacko:

3/4 chars started with trying to get a race that suited for a job I wanted to try though.

-Ryuki-
Jun 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
1. Mitsunari Ryuki > Last name (Mitsunari) was taken after the name of Mitsunari Ishida, a tactician from back in the Nobunaga period who helped aid in the fall of Nobunaga. Also one of the coolest characters in my opinion in Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orochi. Ryuki was a name I went by since freshman year, about 8 years ago, so thus the name came to be.

2. Orichalcum > I wanted to make a male CAST, and originally my male CAST was named DekaBreak, after the white ranger from DekaRangers (Power Rangers SPD, but the Japanese version). Well anyway, I decided DekaBreak was an awkward name for a CAST that /I/ had in mind, especially the fact that he was a tiny short robot, and wanted to go for something different. I was thinking "What would sound unique for a CAST?" Out came Orichalcum.

3. Rinslet > Named after Rinslet Walker from the anime Black Cat, which is one of my favorites. Just the name "Rinslet" sounded awesome, and thus was given to my Caseal.

4. Kitagawa Natsuki > Similar with Natsuki, and Ryuki, her name came from two people instead of one. 1 fictional, the other non-fictional.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 7, 2008, 08:31 PM
1. Mitsunari Ryuki > Last name (Mitsunari) was taken after the name of Mitsunari Ishida, a tactician from back in the Nobunaga period who helped aid in the fall of Nobunaga. Also one of the coolest characters in my opinion in Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orochi. Ryuki was a name I went by since freshman year, about 8 years ago, so thus the name came to be.

Funny thing is how you used Mr. Ishida's FIRST name for your character's last name, so it's kind of like Ricky Bobby.

-Ryuki-
Jun 7, 2008, 08:33 PM
Funny thing is how you used Mr. Ishida's FIRST name for your character's last name, so it's kind of like Ricky Bobby.

Naturally, but Mitsunari passes off as a last name, even according to our very own Wapanese. You. =p

Realmz
Jun 7, 2008, 09:09 PM
Myst was my original character back in PSO he was a RAmar, and he kicked much ass.

so i was going to remake him in PSU, i look up human, i look up their hair styles, and their head stuffs, nothing that says Myst there, so i take a gander at Casts. All red, Lobas with a very Ranger like helm and there he was, all Robotted up.

I figured that he was attacked by some horrible SEED form, and they had to place what was left of him in a Cast body. Thus Myst in PSU was born.

Then theres Recca, Rebecca "Recca" Nassau is a character i made up several years ago, she was intended to be a theif that got caught up in some bigger stuffs, she originally used Fists almost exclusivly as a Fortefighter but now she is a much faster (and funner, in my opinion) Wartecher slicin up stuffs with claws and daggers.

my only other character is Adeptus Mechanicus, who runs my Ranged PM (and used to be my shop alt, until i just got tired of loggin onto him) Named after the Machine Cul of Warhammer 40k (if you ever play with me you'll get a number of random Warhammer quotes by the way, hell theres even one in my sig!)

holy hell theres a lot of typos in there, too bad i don't care enough to fix em :D

chaoskila
Jun 7, 2008, 09:10 PM
id prefer 2 f cast and 2 f newmans cuz humans generally suck and arnt really good at anything i thk they are people who like to change classes alot and i dont want a beast cuz well their ugly

PALRAPPYS
Jun 7, 2008, 09:26 PM
Time to get one of those newmans on fortefighter or something lol.

Heh, as much as I love fortefighters, I don't think I could play one. :(

Kinako78
Jun 8, 2008, 08:59 AM
id prefer 2 f cast and 2 f newmans cuz humans generally suck and arnt really good at anything i thk they are people who like to change classes alot and i dont want a beast cuz well their ugly

Humans do not suck (my main is one and she kicks much butt) and Beasts are not ugly (my friend considers my beast to be quite sexy, actually)!

Well, since some of us are going into the back stories of our characters, I guess I'll do the same with mine.

Kinako (full name: Kinako Ishiyama): Originally a character I created for roleplaying Tenchi Muyo, I have since taken the name as my online handle everywhere. In PSU, she was adopted by a newman family on Neudaiz. Against the wishes of the Communion of Gurhal (of which she is a strong follower), she left Neudaiz to become a Guardian. She is called upon by the CoG a lot due to not wanting their secrets to reach any outsiders. Due to the Divine Maiden (Karen) beginning to lose her energy, Kinako had been sought many times to be forced to fulfill her role as a Holy Maiden. However, after Rutsu came to his senses, he has since let her be to live her own life. She also has an intense hatred of Howzer for what he'd done to Hyuga.

Siara: Originally a character I created for roleplaying Final Fantasy VII, she was the last female of the Guardians (Red XIII's race). I never came up with much of a story for her PSU counterpart, but like her FF7 counterpart, she's not overly fond of humans.

Koji (full name: Koji Tahara): A character I created originally for roleplaying the anime Beyblade, I have since used him in other mediums, PSU being the latest. In PSU, he was raised on Moatoob, but, unlike most of his peers, he opted to become a Guardian, mostly to protect his childhood friend, Shiina (played by my net sister), who is a Holy Maiden in the Communion of Gurhal (despite being a beast herself). However, Shiina ended up leaving the Communion of Gurhal to join Tylor's gang of Rogues. Ironically, this led to conflicts between the two (see events of Episode 2, up through chapter 5, so far.), but there are also signs of them having feelings beyond that of friendship.

Zakuro: Named after the Tokyo Mew Mew character. Like Siara, I haven't come up with much of a story for her, other then her being "raised" on the Guardians Colony.

Alex_Oyajide
Jun 8, 2008, 09:23 AM
Well I would say due to fasion and style. I have 4 characters. 2 humans, and 2 casts both male and female. I do this so I can try out all the clothing and parts for each of them. The male and female characters both have their own name. So it would be like my humans wear the armor parts. Best part is each character has their own PM that is 100% of each type. During the MAG event I was able to level my casts to level 80, and just last night it took me 2 hours to clean their storage and put everything together in my main character to get ready for sale and counting all the syncing items I really have so I don't get lost. When the MAG returns the end of June it will be easier to level both casts to 100.
-----------------
Alex

ErtaiClou
Jun 8, 2008, 09:23 AM
i dont want a beast cuz well their ugly

I was trying to show a friend this game and he asked me why the beasts have cleft lip. :/

Stryker Diaz
Jun 8, 2008, 09:33 AM
Im planning on Having 2 humans, 1 Newman, and 1 Beast.

To tell you the truth I like using Humans because they are the creator race :P, im not really all to worried stat wise, if I cared about stats id be using FF Cast, Beast and FT Newman. I went with Acrofighter Human, Guntecher Newman so far. Im not to sure what to do with the beast and the human.

autumn
Jun 8, 2008, 09:45 AM
I was going to have one of each race and even in each gender, then I too found that I don't much care for men's clothing / hairstyles unless the character is supposed to look on the bishi side. So I have 2 newman girls (I think the ears are cute ^^) one cast girl, and a human guy.

My names come from a tabletop game I play with some buddies IRL. So we have groups from our games that run about together.

Idalia: I don't know why she's my FT, in our game she fights with dual swords and a polearm... she also is a talented bard. Damn do I love nuking with her spells though.

Ceasara: Should be my boom chucking mage as per her roots.... But instead is my cast whos been in fortegunner, fighgunner and protranser.

Kalendral: once again with the spoony bard thing, wouldn't have made him if my friends didn't keep stalking me to, so he can run with his loving wife Mira, and his best bud Zekk Rendell. Seeing as he's spoony its ok for him to look ge... I mean metrosexual.

Arra: a character who took her pemenant death wearing the crown of the underworld, binding her to the rule of the realm. Her and her brother Eglias ended up powerful demons.

I've been through a bunch of characters though trying to find what I like. I'm hoping the current crew is permenant although my other keeps badgering about getting another account.

Autumn