PDA

View Full Version : PSU What would you like to see?

Abashi76
Jun 8, 2008, 01:12 AM
What would you like to see in the next updates, and expansion (if any)?

Updates:

-Items do not have red boxes till they have 10 stars (yellow instead of green)

-Increase the number of maximum items that can be sold at a player store

-Dulk Fakis 1st stage ALWAYS fought first before next form, like in Winter Event

-Some of the old Winter Event levels to turn into missions (eg: the burning forest)

-Increase max number of targets for high level GI-techs

-More clothes, could always use more

-Tons more enemies evolve on S-rank, more than just the Linear Platform and Vahras

-Alongside above, PSU's lame'ass Falz should reshape after defeat like before

-All classic PSO ep1 levels remade with monsters, as well as some PSO weapons

Expansion:

-No longer PS2 compatible, stop limiting the game

-More skin color options, and fish/reptile/insect parts for the Beast Characters

-One or Two new races, probably a dark race unfriendly to the others in story mode

-A new planet, with all new missions [new planet dominated by new race]

-An all new Battle Mode, fight each other

-Unarmed combat enabled (attack = alt+p move than kick)

-A debuff form of Retier, MST/TP Down

-A Clan System !!!!

-Merge the Western and JP servers, let people choose their Universe based on language

mvffin
Jun 8, 2008, 01:29 AM
-No longer PS2 compatible, stop limiting the game

-Merge the Western and JP servers, let people choose their Universe based on language

As much as I'd love to see both of these, neither will ever happen.

Too much of their playerbase is on PS2 for them to just ditch it. PS3 is not worth what it costs, especially considering the low number of exclusive titles worth playing on it.

They won't even merge the two non-jp servers they have now. (square can do cross-platform, why not you sega?)

Abashi76
Jun 8, 2008, 01:32 AM

Too much of their playerbase is on PS2 for them to just ditch it. PS3 is not worth what it costs, especially considering the low number of exclusive titles worth playing on it.

They won't even merge the two non-jp servers they have now. (square can do cross-platform, why not you sega?)

I think they should update the game a bit first, before releasing an expansion. In order to make all that, it would probably take them till next year. By then, the PS3 would be more worth it.

Zorafim
Jun 8, 2008, 01:36 AM
Next set of PAs. Sword still hasn't gotten anything good since Tornado Break.

Tetsaru
Jun 8, 2008, 02:00 AM
- New missions with decent length and challenge to support the size of the party, as well as a wide variety of rare, yet not impossible to find, items to keep people entertained and busy hunting. IOW, make every mission as popular as White Beast was, but balanced enough so that ALL of them are hotspots.

- The use of vehicles in missions. Seriously, what happened to the tanks, Floaders, and Lungas??

- Special abilities for Humans and Newmans, and more Nanoblast options for Beasts. Casts have plenty of SUV options atm; the other races should be given a chance to catch up.

- More old-school PSO weapons, armor, and other items, WITH animations (e.g., how the Psycho Wand extends and retracts) and special abilites.

- Gunners need a use for the PA attack button. Seriously.

- Item synthesis still needs tweaking. Armor synthing is still a pain in the ass, for example. Either that, or do away with it, and just make items drop with random %'s and stats like they did in PSO. PM's could then be used moreso for battle (given that their A.I. is improved), or for other purposes, like how the old MAG's used to work.

- DEF and other "useless" stats need to be adjusted.

- New weapons (as well as new PA's), preferably more gun/tech weapons to balance out the current plethora of melee weapons. I'd also like to see bows differentiate more from rifles (e.g., the TP instead of ATP idea was cool), as they're essentially the same, imo.

- Immensely larger areas for exploration (e.g., having to make decisions on which routes to take in the old PSO levels). A friend of mine once said that he'd consider coming back to the game if it had more exploration, instead of a "Zelda-esque" feel to each planet and dungeon, as he put it.

- Sega needs to offer hard drive support for the PS2, and/or discontinue it entirely and release PSU/AOI for the PS3. I'm tired of seeing a game with so much potential being held back due to the limitations of an old-gen console. =/

- Merge all the servers. PS2/PC + Xbox360, US + EU + JP. There is NO reason to keep them separate. I don't give a shit about policies. Common sense > policies. :3

- NO MORE RESKINS. The "Dark Rol Le" fight sucked, and STILL sucks. We need more than the the little 2-footed ankle-biter weak-shits in every mission. GIVE ME SOMETHING CHALLENGING.

- NO MORE ROLLBACKS. Get rid of the fucktards that keep screwing up things, and do your damned job. /endrant

There's my 2 cents. =P

Iduno
Jun 8, 2008, 02:51 AM
- New missions with decent length and challenge to support the size of the party, as well as a wide variety of rare, yet not impossible to find, items to keep people entertained and busy hunting. IOW, make every mission as popular as White Beast was, but balanced enough so that ALL of them are hotspots.

- The use of vehicles in missions. Seriously, what happened to the tanks, Floaders, and Lungas??

- Special abilities for Humans and Newmans, and more Nanoblast options for Beasts. Casts have plenty of SUV options atm; the other races should be given a chance to catch up.

- More old-school PSO weapons, armor, and other items, WITH animations (e.g., how the Psycho Wand extends and retracts) and special abilites.

- Gunners need a use for the PA attack button. Seriously.

- Item synthesis still needs tweaking. Armor synthing is still a pain in the ass, for example. Either that, or do away with it, and just make items drop with random %'s and stats like they did in PSO. PM's could then be used moreso for battle (given that their A.I. is improved), or for other purposes, like how the old MAG's used to work.

- DEF and other "useless" stats need to be adjusted.

- New weapons (as well as new PA's), preferably more gun/tech weapons to balance out the current plethora of melee weapons. I'd also like to see bows differentiate more from rifles (e.g., the TP instead of ATP idea was cool), as they're essentially the same, imo.

- Immensely larger areas for exploration (e.g., having to make decisions on which routes to take in the old PSO levels). A friend of mine once said that he'd consider coming back to the game if it had more exploration, instead of a "Zelda-esque" feel to each planet and dungeon, as he put it.

- Sega needs to offer hard drive support for the PS2, and/or discontinue it entirely and release PSU/AOI for the PS3. I'm tired of seeing a game with so much potential being held back due to the limitations of an old-gen console. =/

- Merge all the servers. PS2/PC + Xbox360, US + EU + JP. There is NO reason to keep them separate. I don't give a shit about policies. Common sense > policies. :3

- NO MORE RESKINS. The "Dark Rol Le" fight sucked, and STILL sucks. We need more than the the little 2-footed ankle-biter weak-shits in every mission. GIVE ME SOMETHING CHALLENGING.

- NO MORE ROLLBACKS. Get rid of the fucktards that keep screwing up things, and do your damned job. /endrant

There's my 2 cents. =P

I agree for the most part but no 360 PS2/PC merge please since who knows what would happen with voice chat and the 360 is more secure from hackers left on its own

I would also like to see more unique weapons with weird effects like the bico's random damage (hell I'd be happy with normal stautus effects just SOMETHING to make upgrading weapons more then just a power boost (what is the difference between one sword and the next)
Challenge mode is also needed

And the svaltus sword needs the effect it has when a svaltus is holding it (seriously it would look 10 times better)

Also synthing should stay but there needs to be some reason to do it for guns and tech weapons other than the made item just not dropping

Ps. Def is probably useful we just dont notice it much (go on a C mission and watch the enemys hit 0s without you blocking)

Maskim
Jun 8, 2008, 04:18 AM
Well implemented and balanced PVP.
Stealth for gunner type classes, with varying degrees of ability, dependent upon how much gunner you have as a prerequisite for your class. A fortegunner might be able to sneak across a couple rooms before being 'noticed' when he squeezes a shot off, where as a Fighgunner can sneak up on something, but if anything is facing in his general direction, he's instantly noticed.

Neither would work well with this game and its system really...but this is a thread for pipedreams, so I choose to dream big and outlandish.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 8, 2008, 07:09 AM
Hmmm all i wish for is the following:
Completed Nos Series: Nos Foie, Nos Barta, Nos Grants???
Nos Grants hopefully would be like grants from pso since rumor has it, grants is suppose to be like the ball blast the enemies do in white beast.

Iduno
Jun 8, 2008, 08:26 AM
Well implemented and balanced PVP.
Stealth for gunner type classes, with varying degrees of ability, dependent upon how much gunner you have as a prerequisite for your class. A fortegunner might be able to sneak across a couple rooms before being 'noticed' when he squeezes a shot off, where as a Fighgunner can sneak up on something, but if anything is facing in his general direction, he's instantly noticed.

Neither would work well with this game and its system really...but this is a thread for pipedreams, so I choose to dream big and outlandish.

I think something similar would be good for enemys, having them hidden in random places (changing with runs) like bushs or behind boxs for ambushs and ranged attacks (but please not megid lol) and only showing up on the radar after you hit them (it'd beat the old "o noes they spawned behind" us lol)

Also why not have the flying bosses swooping around the open levels and generaly causing trouble every now and again before you reach them? (just a little fly by not actualy landing so you could only hit them with guns)

While were at it flying normal enemys could just come at us randomly instead of spawning in the same place as everything else

And here is a semi-realistic hope Bring back some of the more unique PSO monsters, lets see those invisible shinowas, the weird purpke things that spawned those bugs and those enemys in the caves that joined together to fire a lazer at you.

Lets see more challenging bosses, even PSO's dragon was tougher then some of PSU's bosses and Dark Falz and Olga Flow would certainly give a run for their money

Hey how about throwing in a boss rush mission while were at it (have a charge cube every 5 bosses to keep the difficulty at a decent rate)

Realmz
Jun 8, 2008, 08:26 AM
Cloth like parts for Casts, Myst would love to have an outfit like Nav does. and more Cast Parts in general

more weapon animations that players can pick for their characters

no more PSO stuff, other then fight mechanics, i'd love a Vol Opt like fight, but keep PSO out of PSU as much as possible.

a way to Boost synthesis past what your PM can normally do. Maybe Luck will also boost the synth, or maybe a turn in item that can boost synth for a limited amount of time.

I want some God damned GRM claws too

chaoskila
Jun 8, 2008, 08:29 AM
all the shit jp has so we dont know what to expect
takes out the surprize out of everything its so stupid
i see a video of the update and think its so bad ass then
i play 3 months later and im thinking it wasnt worth the
wait

Juza
Jun 8, 2008, 08:58 AM
- Numans to not completely suck. If I wanted space elves, I'd go play a WH40K game. Except I don't want space elves, as a loyal subject of the Emperor. We've gone from, "Oh crap, it's Neifirst, I should really jam my claw into her internal organs" to "Oh dear, I've broken a nail. x.x" (and that last one is for MALE numans. :p)

- Wartecher to suck less. It's not as bad as many make it out to be. It's actually a pretty balanced class. Except as the closest thing to old school numans (or even HUnewearl), it still fails. I'd kill for a class with 40 skills/10 bullets/20 attack/40 support.

- Old school room decorations. I don't want Sonic, Tails, Nights, or a treasure chest; I want statues of Nei, Rika and Alis. Or a pennant from Termi.

- Someone to explain to me why the new poster of Curtz bears the eight-pointed star of the damnable traitor legions. This disturbs me, and I feel we must send Inquisitors to AMF HQ. Exterminatus!

- The ability to see every party in the game from Guardians counters. This'd go a long way toward getting people away from specific missions - no need to waste time travelling to obscure lobby #34 to notice there are people running obscure mission #62.

- Food items to have a real use.

- Moar clothes.

Realmz
Jun 8, 2008, 09:34 AM
- Numans to not completely suck. If I wanted space elves, I'd go play a WH40K game. Except I don't want space elves, as a loyal subject of the Emperor. We've gone from, "Oh crap, it's Neifirst, I should really jam my claw into her internal organs" to "Oh dear, I've broken a nail. x.x" (and that last one is for MALE numans. :p)

- Someone to explain to me why the new poster of Curtz bears the eight-pointed star of the damnable traitor legions. This disturbs me, and I feel we must send Inquisitors to AMF HQ. Exterminatus!

indeed these filthy Xenos scum and Heretics must be expunged from the galaxy if His Holy Vision is ever to be realized.

i'm actually more of a Tau and Chaos player but if you've read the latest book in the Horus Heresy you'll know that The Alpha Leigon follows the Will of the Emperor!

Omega_Weltall
Jun 8, 2008, 09:48 AM
What would you like to see in the next updates, and expansion (if any)?

Expansion:

-No longer PS2 compatible, stop limiting the game {yes please}

-More skin color options,{ya sure} and fish/reptile/insect parts for the Beast Characters {no...just no}

-One or Two new races, probably a dark race unfriendly to the others in story mode {eh... i donno}

-A new planet, with all new missions [new planet dominated by new race] {i'm all for Dezolians}

-An all new Battle Mode, fight each other {ya like some sparing program}

-Unarmed combat enabled (attack = alt+p move than kick)

-Merge the Western and JP servers, let people choose their Universe based on language {no, the JP players in all their arrogance wont stand for it, its already bad on FF11 where they get mad when a NA player get cool stuff before they do}

I would like to see more throw backs to Phantasy Star 1-4 and make my PM a Musk Cat

Dragwind
Jun 8, 2008, 09:49 AM
I'd like to see an update that makes White Beast unavailable ;O!

Wiz
Jun 8, 2008, 10:01 AM
-Some of the old Winter Event levels to turn into missions (eg: the burning forest)

-Increase max number of targets for high level GI-techs

-More clothes, could always use more

-Tons more enemies evolve on S-rank, more than just the Linear Platform and Vahras

-Alongside above, PSU's lame'ass Falz should reshape after defeat like before

-All classic PSO ep1 levels remade with monsters, as well as some PSO weapons

-A new planet, with all new missions [new planet dominated by new race]
I really like these ideas.

Also:

-One or Two new races, probably a dark race unfriendly to the others in story mode
SEED race? O_O

Omega_Weltall
Jun 8, 2008, 10:01 AM
but white beast is all there is :( its the upgraded Plains Overlord :D

Abashi76
Jun 8, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yes, a SEED race would be kool for an expansion.

Additionally, beast characters should also have access to being fish, birds, or reptiles, alongside mammals & humans.

Skin options for beasts should include:

-all human/newman skin colors

-a couple types of fur coats

-feathers and maybe wings

-scales, fish or reptile

-an exoskeleton

Also, I think there should be a paler skin option for humans and newmans, and perhaps an even darker one.

darkante
Jun 8, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, a SEED race would be kool for an expansion.

Additionally, beast characters should also have access to being fish, birds, or reptiles, alongside mammals & humans.

Skin options for beasts should include:

-all human/newman skin colors

-a couple types of fur coats

-feathers and maybe wings

-scales, fish or reptile

-an exoskeleton

Also, I think there should be a paler skin option for humans and newmans, and perhaps an even darker one.

Screw that. Gib werewolf class...oh wait...the nanoblast...nah its more like a transvestite kind of werewolf....just kidding..(>.<)*

redcell
Jun 8, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ah wishlists, it's good to dream eh?

- Version 1 rooms compatible with AoTI room decorations and music.
- PM stores list of themes you've used for rooms like they list music discs.
- Ability to upgrade room size/additions.
- Control over NPC/PM nanoblast and SUV.
- Able to equip NPC/PM with armor and weapons that their type is able to equip.
- Face markings/paint. Might be silly, but I liked this feature from PSO.
- More clothes!
- Customize clothing for PMs and NPCs!
- Fix that damn word wrap problem. Ugh.
- More hair choices and older hair styles with new accessories.

- Once I saw the vehicle missions I'd love to see a group one where you all could take multiple/seperate paths to complete certain objectives and then regroup at certain points and so on.

I really like the ideas you guys came up with in updating older missions so that they could be possible leveling spots instead of just the current hotspot.

Abashi76
Jun 8, 2008, 04:59 PM
I forgot something very important that this game really needed, and it could be solved with in an updated:

A CLAN SYSTEM!!!!!!!

Abashi76
Jun 8, 2008, 05:04 PM

- More clothes!

- Once I saw the vehicle missions I'd love to see a group one where you all could take multiple/seperate paths to complete certain objectives and then regroup at certain points and so on.

I really like the ideas you guys came up with in updating older missions so that they could be possible leveling spots instead of just the current hotspot.

I agree with most of those!

What do you mean by customizing clothing for NPCs?

killer doom3
Jun 8, 2008, 05:15 PM

- More clothes!

good ideas

Zorafim
Jun 8, 2008, 05:17 PM
I forgot something very important that this game really needed, and it could be solved with in an updated:

A CLAN SYSTEM!!!!!!!

Yes please. The most enjoyable way to play this game is with a 3rd party vent system. I don't see the difficulty in creating an ingame chat room, similar to a permanent party you're always in if you get invited.
With this, you can enjoy conversations while doing runs, and be more likely to find an enjoyable party.

Kylie
Jun 8, 2008, 05:41 PM
An anonymous mode!
More hair (more makeover stuff in general).
More clothes.
New cities, not new planets.
New weapon types.
More ultimate photon arts.
More HP for enemies.
A challenge mode of some sort.
More casino games.
More room space.

etc.

Abashi76
Jun 8, 2008, 06:32 PM
About adding room space:

It would change a lot, but it would mean expanding your room with parts, sort of like with the store.

Room Expansions:

Player Store: (one of the following)

-The old store

-A bar

Back Room: (one of the following)

-Accessible Swimming Pool

-Decoration Area (seen it b4)

Mman2000
Jun 8, 2008, 07:23 PM
1. Give us all the bosses reskinned in all 6 elements. Sega, just throw them all at us and be done with it. I'm sure few would complain about the shitload of missions that would result in. If sega's going to go the lazy way they may as well go it thoroughly.

2. More cities, a system with three planets isn't worth five cents to me if I can only explore a tiny part of each.

3. Some actual fucking variety in the missions. Why is it that a game that has three fucking planets in it can't produce anything but forests, caves, temples, underwater labs, and the relics? It may have more than PSO, but that's not saying much. Give us a snowy area or something else we haven't run 803487289 times.

4. The vehicles- put them in the online game please.

5. Speaking of PSO, make it so that I can revisit it in PSU without having luck that a gambler would fucking kill for. The tiny areas in MAG don't count, I said PSO not the TTF mission in PSO. Oh BTW that had bosses in it.

6. Mot ebon should not be such a bitch to find, I've pretty much given up on making moatoob weapons because the wood for them is so damn hard to find it's not worth it. Spending 12K for a chance to make one weapon isn't worth it either.

7. No more fucking PS2 accommodating bullshit. Announce ahead of time that any expansion won't support that damn thing, do PS3 or Xbox360 givaways or whatever. Just stop holding the game back because some people can't be bothered to swap their inferior technology for something that can run today's games. If people don't want to get a new console they can go back to PSO or just be left out of the expansion. What kind of idiot expects to be able to run new games on an old console?

8. Take the miserable failure at life that decided to make Dark Falz a reskin, tar him, feather him, throw his ass out of the gaming industry, and leave him to die in a fire somewhere in a japanese slum. He's probably the same idiot that decided it would be a good idea to take this game and put it on a weak console like the PS2.

ChaosAngel92
Jun 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
1. Give us all the bosses reskinned in all 6 elements. Sega, just throw them all at us and be done with it. I'm sure few would complain about the shitload of missions that would result in. If sega's going to go the lazy way they may as well go it thoroughly.

2. More cities, a system with three planets isn't worth five cents to me if I can only explore a tiny part of each.

3. Some actual fucking variety in the missions. Why is it that a game that has three fucking planets in it can't produce anything but forests, caves, temples, underwater labs, and the relics? It may have more than PSO, but that's not saying much. Give us a snowy area or something else we haven't run 803487289 times.

4. The vehicles- put them in the online game please.

5. Speaking of PSO, make it so that I can revisit it in PSU without having luck that a gambler would fucking kill for. The tiny areas in MAG don't count, I said PSO not the TTF mission in PSO. Oh BTW that had bosses in it.

6. Mot ebon should not be such a bitch to find, I've pretty much given up on making moatoob weapons because the wood for them is so damn hard to find it's not worth it. Spending 12K for a chance to make one weapon isn't worth it either.

7. No more fucking PS2 accommodating bullshit. Announce ahead of time that any expansion won't support that damn thing, do PS3 or Xbox360 givaways or whatever. Just stop holding the game back because some people can't be bothered to swap their inferior technology for something that can run today's games. If people don't want to get a new console they can go back to PSO or just be left out of the expansion. What kind of idiot expects to be able to run new games on an old console?

8. Take the miserable failure at life that decided to make Dark Falz a reskin, tar him, feather him, throw his ass out of the gaming industry, and leave him to die in a fire somewhere in a japanese slum. He's probably the same idiot that decided it would be a good idea to take this game and put it on a weak console like the PS2.

Totally agree.....
Idea No.8 made me laugh so bad

SonicTMP
Jun 8, 2008, 08:47 PM
Better crafting/synthign system. Including different ways to gather materials/boards and methods to increase synth % besides events.

Weapon upgrade system. Instead of hoping for a high % how about ways to up it via item usage or weapon usage. And no not thru grinder randomness.

New weapon types. Sheilds are my favorites but lots of other stuff would be nice too.

True Gun PA's. Not just elemental differances.

Better lobby/party search system

Clan/guild system.

Longer missions.

Multi-stage bosses like PSO DF or Volt OP.

New bosses that are vastly different. Dragons and flying fish are way over done. Gimmie a godzilla I can scale or something.

Much much more weapons. 1 normal and 1 crappy illegal copy per S rank is lame. Also better weapon design.

PSO's challenge mode.

Phoenix148
Jun 8, 2008, 09:35 PM
giant war against seed with a 20 person party, ending with fighting the 4 dragons a the same time
more variety with nanoblasts
somithing 4 photon art button 4 gunners
more gambling stuff at casino
more pa frag stuff 4 gunners n techers

RemiusTA
Jun 8, 2008, 09:45 PM

As much as everyone hates the PS3, by the end of this year its going to be Big. Whenever Square Enix starts releasing things, even I am going to be VERY envious that i dont have the system, and there is no need to deny the fact that the technology in that system gives way to some AMAZING titles. People, stop living in denial. The FFXIII series is going to be the best thing ever. Fact.

As for the PS2, the next expansion should DITCH the PS2 or PSU is as good as dead. The system limitations of the PS2 are so horrible that the game shouldn't even have been released for the damn system. If it was on Gamecube, i highly doubt it would even get the Nintendo Seal of Quality, judging from how poorly the PS2 runs the game. Its like they didn't run the game on actual PS2 software until after they shipped it and found out that its incapable.

If they dont ditch it, i seriously doubt im going to stick with this game much longer. Either they need to give the PS2 harddrive support of some kind and severely take away some of the special effects and draw distance so it can run correctly, or they need to upgrade to a better system -- which would most easily be the PS3. Expensive, yes, but whatever. Its lowest price is $400, which isnt far removed past most the newest game system prices. ($600 is retarded, but id never by the $600 model anyway.)

Realmz
Jun 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
If it was on Gamecube, i highly doubt it would even get the Nintendo Seal of Quality,

the seal of quality has been dead for a very long time, sadly.

i also often feel like i'm the only person around that still hasn't seen anything worth while in the PS3's games, or it's line up of games. Sony's big titles just don't draw me at all.

getting everything a bit more on track...

being able to apply more colors to parts and clothes, something like the hair color selection but for clothes and parts basically.

SUV's that are weaker then normal but give a bonus like the HP restore stuff, (ala S rank SUV that has the second level of HP restore and buster rank damage)

better AI or limit control of our partner characters and PM's I'd love to be able to tell them to Attack, retreat, heal, or stop, just thouse four would be fine for me really.

being able to link a quote with an action or event. Ala whenever i get a full SUV charge i automatically say "SUV good to go sir!" and whenever i use it i yell out my "Man and Machine, Power Extreme!" not really all that important but it would be a nice addition, and would free up some short cuts for me :D

also decals for parts and clothes, make your own insignia and put it out for the world to see, would also fit into a in game clan system as well.

Abashi76
Jun 8, 2008, 10:16 PM
Interesting that you mentioned PSO's multi staged bosses. I was thinking about them remixing PSO into PSU, as some special one a week event at Guardians HQ.

Oh, I forgot about a Debuff form of Reteir (MST/TP DOWN)

darkante
Jun 8, 2008, 10:35 PM
Better crafting/synthign system. Including different ways to gather materials/boards and methods to increase synth % besides events.

Weapon upgrade system. Instead of hoping for a high % how about ways to up it via item usage or weapon usage. And no not thru grinder randomness.

New weapon types. Sheilds are my favorites but lots of other stuff would be nice too.

True Gun PA's. Not just elemental differances.

Better lobby/party search system

Clan/guild system.

Longer missions.

Multi-stage bosses like PSO DF or Volt OP.

New bosses that are vastly different. Dragons and flying fish are way over done. Gimmie a godzilla I can scale or something.

Much much more weapons. 1 normal and 1 crappy illegal copy per S rank is lame. Also better weapon design.

PSO's challenge mode.
I think they should make bullet bigger when reaching lv 40 just for fun.

If they are gonna make more dragon bosses, i sure hope they add in a mini-game in it some sort...like the dragon is intelligent enough to like break a piece of the wall or take up something on the ground and then accelerate its spitting it at you with itīs element breath power...which can kill you in one blow if you dont have like over 3000 hp lol.
Or some other very lethal things to the fight donīt get so predictable...and yes it should get more of a defence boost so magic is almost the way to damage it.

Now maybe it would be more interesting then.

Wiz
Jun 8, 2008, 11:26 PM
Longer missions.
We actually have a few of these. Mother Brain? That 5 block AMF Metro Platform mission?
Hmm...that's really it, I guess. >.>;

Trey
Jun 9, 2008, 12:12 AM
in the next update i want more S2 missions for AoI cause caves of Ice of de role is goos and all but you know want another S2 -_-

and in the expansion... im just goona throw this out there... but instead of "lobbies" i want the world as a playground i hate being limited of where where i wanna go; but then again on ps2/pc servers theirs not too many people to even cover a world. so yeah but thats my opinion :D

SonicTMP
Jun 9, 2008, 12:19 AM
We actually have a few of these. Mother Brain? That 5 block AMF Metro Platform mission?
Hmm...that's really it, I guess. >.>;

I meant block by block. Not more of them. More PSO length. You could spend a good 10 minutes in ruins per map.

Tulio07
Jun 9, 2008, 12:35 AM
I want endurance bosses. Take teh current bosses and make a group of 4 hack away at a mil or 2 hp

Ken_Silver
Jun 9, 2008, 12:49 AM
*cough*PS3isfailingand FFXIIIismaybetoolittletoolate*cough*

*hack*PSUisstuckonPS2becauseofthebigjapaneseplayer baseonit*wheeze*

*cough*shouldbeonthePS3butrememberthatthisisSEGACw earedealingwith*hack*

Here's what I want in an AOI update:

All content from PSU Vanilla and AOI to be released before the end of AOI. I'm looking at those two Technic spells.

More missions using the Veichles. And if possible Veichle combat? It'd be funny to be on by Floater or Airboard and to use my giant Sword to knock some Illuminus guy off his. Hilarious, I tell you, Hilarious!

More PSO weapons and more UNIQUE weapons for PSU. Old is good, but we need more new weapons.

Better clothing/parts options: Keep 'em futuristic, but not soo Fruity-istic/Lolli-istic/Pedo-istic/etc. And give Casts some better parts or allow them to wear normal clothes. I mean, come on. They got it bad. More female Casts then Male and even then... Stop watching Transformers Sega!!!

Better Head, Hair and Facial options: More beast like and human-like options for the beast (give us the option to have ears like Laia and Leo; ) More hair options: basic ones like shaved head or anime spiky-like hair; More hats to wear for men and women.

"Harder" missions: Sega's on their own for this one. But give the "Hardcore" players something to do while the "Casual" players can still keep going at their pace while not being totally left out. Not an easy thing to do.

Here are things that I would like in the next Expansion. And this includes everything above too:

Minor Gameplay changes for Ranger classes: Adapt a PSO style shooting system. Use Down Arrow to shoot elemental and Right Arrow to shoot Special Effect. Maybe give them a dodge roll/backflip manuver or something. But nothing more than that. Combine that with Strafe and they are set.

"New" Planet: While we don't really need a "new" planet. We will need new field areas. Between the 3 planets now, every kind of terrain is covered. It's just now time to work it better. If a new planet would turn out to be the PSO planet, then go right on. But you get the point by now.

Improvement of the races/classes/weapons and new weapons: No more races and no more classes. Just improve on them now. Beast deserve new Badges. Cast get new SUV's. Newmans need something and new Technics (but Technics don't count because we all can use them.) Humans need better and more diverse Crea Weapons. New weapons for each class too is good. People who want Nunchucks, leg Greaves, Magic Sabers and the like get their fix here. I want to see a new futuristic weapon that requires some creativity. Go Sega?

New animations for attacking: A pet peeve for me. Everyone stands the same and has the same basic attacks. If they could give us one more option when creating a character that allows us to change our "fighting stance," that'd be great. Now when I stand next to a guy who is also using a saber and a handgun, we don't look like clones standing side by side.

New PA's and Cross PA's: New PA's are self-explanatory. Cross PA's involve using two one handed weapons in Unison for a PA. Example: Knock an enemy directly above you with a saber and pummel them full of photons with your handgun. Gives a benefit to matching up one hand with another.

Different types of missions: I got a few in mind: Rescue/Escort Civillian or something like those, Race to the goal (via veichle or on foot,) Purify the area (Fire, Ice and Dark areas) and Traditional (what we do now.) Make them different from one another and that might break up the motonomy of PSU. While we can "do" all of those now, SEGA shouldn't have a problem making them different from one another. And these new missions should require us to think. People need to use their brains again. Or start using them. Whatever applies to you when you play a video game.

Revamp of the "rare" system: "gib u rarz" huh? Let's make it challenging now. Keep the rare system now and add a new system. We'll call this system the "Contaminated Photon Rare" system. Make them appear purple in the field. Once you pick it up, it is all question marks, like in PSO. Now take them to one of the companies to get it "Purified." But if the item belongs to another company (and you can't tell which one either) you have to go there. Make this cost money and you got an interesting system now. A quick breakdown of how this works: 1) Find a Purple item in the field 2) Go and get it Purified. Now only 1 company can truly purify it and the checking process will cost you a fee. With only a 25% chance of going to the right company, getting it Purified is almost as hard as finding the rare you want. Now how's that for a challenge?

Better advertising: Yeah. I said it. SEGA! Go and advertise this one, okay?

At least 2 more character slots (US/EU only): I know. Not gonna happen, but why not? This is a wish list, right?

Reduced Cloning: This part sounds like a Super Smash Bros argument... Anyway, cloning seems to be an effective game designing technique and I respect that. However, I think that the guys at Sega are using it a bit too much. Cloning is used in a lot of games actually. But I think PSU is borderline lazy here. If we have access to hard drive space, then this should be an issue no more. Otherwise, put a limit onto how obvious the cloning has to be.

PSU is a great game and it can become a great series. Why else would I play it. But i just hope that SEGA or Sonic Team can think along the same way and add some of these ideas. Or any of the ideas in this topic.

Except the New Races one. Sorry to whoever posted that one, but I don't see what another race could offer. Don't take offense. But I just don't see that one working out. The only New Race that might work would be to utilize the Numans from the original PS series. But I'll let the people who played those games figure that out. And see if it is even possible. That is the only way a "new" race would work... and even then, they aren't too "new" are they?

RemiusTA
Jun 9, 2008, 01:41 AM
I think a "???" special weapon system would be quite awesome, but to take this further, i think we should be able to create our OWN weapons in the new expansion. I mean, the idea of our PM's synthing weapon boards is cool and all, but i think a cooler option would be the addition of PMs being able to CREATE weapon boards.

I mean, they can add new drops that you can combine to create different board types of the same weapon, resulting in different models, manufactuer stats, and pros and cons.

For example, you can gather materials like :

[P] Long Relic Blade *12
[P] Reactor of Kan Yu *11
[P] Hilt of Creasaud
[P] Fire Photon Stream lv2 *9

which you put into your PM, which then creates the board : [B] [SPECIAL: Agito Kan- Fire] *14.

It has the Weapon Hilt of the Cresaud where it gets its form and PP Regain, the Weapon Blade of the Agito Replica which it gets its strength and size/range from, the special Aura effect of the Kan yu which it gets its PP, ATA and Grinding attribute from, And it has a random % Fire attribute and its Just Attack has the chance of inflicting Lv2 Burn on its opponents.

There could be a new function added to all PMs that allows them to take current weapons and randomly take them apart, giving you a random part (Weapon Model or hilt, Reactor, or other features like Aura effects ) or failing and giving you junk instead.

Then, we can take all those useless S and A ranks we have (Hello Huge Cutter) and use their parts, turning them into higher * weapons and alltogether newer weapons. that would satisfy the hardcore players, allowing us to take all the strongest parts and create newer weapons.

That, my friends, would be the COOLEST fucking weapon system ever invented. Actually letting us take our current S ranks apart and create NEW ones? Or making entirely new S ranks by mixing S and A rank parts? Not only would that be FUCKING awesome, it would almost quadruple the weapon possibilities, and to take it even further than that, some special combinations (like between weapons of same manufactuers / model types, like the crea weapons) could create alltogether new weapons.

Imagine being able to customize Twin Sabers and Twin Handguns so that you have a different kind of saber / gun in each hand, and doublesabers to have different blade types on each end, or perhaps a Carrigune Ructar with the special effect of a Sweet Death. Or a Kazarod with the reactor strength of a Psycho Wand, and the special casting effect of a Tesbara.

Anyone with me?

If anything, i just wish they would make the Nanoblasted Beasts run faster.

They are FAR too huge for them to be running full speed and still run the same speed as a normal human half their size and stride.

Come on now, Sega. Thats just sad.

Ken_Silver
Jun 9, 2008, 02:04 AM
I think a "???" special weapon system would be quite awesome, but to take this further, i think we should be able to create our OWN weapons in the new expansion. I mean, the idea of our PM's synthing weapon boards is cool and all, but i think a cooler option would be the addition of PMs being able to CREATE weapon boards.

I mean, they can add new drops that you can combine to create different board types of the same weapon, resulting in different models, manufactuer stats, and pros and cons.

For example, you can gather materials like :

[P] Long Relic Blade *12
[P] Reactor of Kan Yu *11
[P] Hilt of Creasaud
[P] Fire Photon Stream lv2 *9

which you put into your PM, which then creates the board : [B] [SPECIAL: Agito Kan- Fire] *14.

It has the Weapon Hilt of the Cresaud where it gets its form and PP Regain, the Weapon Blade of the Agito Replica which it gets its strength and size/range from, the special Aura effect of the Kan yu which it gets its PP, ATA and Grinding attribute from, And it has a random % Fire attribute and its Just Attack has the chance of inflicting Lv2 Burn on its opponents.

There could be a new function added to all PMs that allows them to take current weapons and randomly take them apart, giving you a random part (Weapon Model or hilt, Reactor, or other features like Aura effects ) or failing and giving you junk instead.

Then, we can take all those useless S and A ranks we have (Hello Huge Cutter) and use their parts, turning them into higher * weapons and alltogether newer weapons. that would satisfy the hardcore players, allowing us to take all the strongest parts and create newer weapons

That, my friends, would be the COOLEST fucking weapon system ever invented. Actually letting us take our current S ranks apart and create NEW ones? Or making entirely new S ranks by mixing S and A rank parts?

Anyone with me?

If anything, i just wish they would make the Nanoblasted Beasts run faster.

They are FAR too huge for them to be running full speed and still run the same speed as a normal human half their size and stride.

Come on now, Sega. Thats just sad.

That is a good idea. You got my support on that one. Add that to the secret rare system I came up with and the replay value is endless. Plus people can have their own unique weapons too.

And true about the Nanoblasted beast. They should be faster. That holds more true to the Yellow beast too.

ROK099
Jun 9, 2008, 02:08 AM
a clan system would be awesome, name, emblem, and "bases" would be sweet.

nobody has mentioned pvp yet? a arena would be pretty cool.

moar clothes/parts/ facial features. seriously why shouldnt casts wear clothes? nav does it.

newman/human racial abilities.newmans could get a magic blast or something.

kemo 4 white beast? or white beast could be a rare mission.

psp rare system, rares are disributed to all party members regardless.

no new races or planets, moar cities.

if u cant get rid of the ps2 put it on its own servers, its holding us back and i dont feel $10 a month is worth it for a oldgen game, or atleast wave the fee or give us more payment options! $30 a year woud be fair considerng the circumstances

variable attack animations would be fun... but not usefull

RemiusTA
Jun 9, 2008, 02:25 AM
Another idea for me is something Ken Silver pointed out, and i also pointed it out in my "Pre Psu vs. Current PSU".

Animations. Serious buisness. VERY serious buisness. This is something i was hoping would change with PSU, but apparently it got far worse than it was by the end of PSO

PSO Ep1&2 did it, and now we should do it. If they change ANYTHING, PLEASE GOD SEGA, Make the different Classes use different weapon animations.

For example, a Fortefighter should have FAR more control wielding a sword than a Hunter and a Fighgunner. Likewise, a Fighmaster should have Perfected control animations wielding a Sword than a Fortefighter. (Im talking ONE-HANDED, IKE FROM SSBB SMASH ATTACKING.)

A Fortetecher should have a more powerful Wand animation than the Wartecher and Acrotecher who just swing it down when they cast. They should thrust it forward or something.

Acrofighter should have faster and more graceful Twin Dagger / Dagger animation than any other class who uses it, since they are the fastest.

I personally think that Nanoblasted Beasts should run on all fours and have much increased speed. That would be so fucking awesome. They all look retarded now. Males look retarded when they run, and Females look retarded when they walk. None of it fits.

Skills should get new combos at 31/41+, and if they dont, at LEAST revamp the animations of them doing it or something.

Lv21 Tornado Break has them swing the sword three times. At 31+ he should be swinging the sword with much more ease, and at 41+ he should be FLAILING the sword with a single arm, JUMPING and spinning, executing perfect finesse while raping up his enemies.

I can understand skills like Jarboga not having combos, but they can change those animations too. When it reaches lv21, instead of flipping into the ground they can jump up and slam the axe into the ground, exploding it under them. At 41+ , for the Fighmasters, he can instead jump into the air, and then THROW the axe into the ground from the air, destroying everything near him.

I mean, This game has LIMITLESS POTENTAL. Sega just refuses to take more than they need to out their pockets to harness it.

I think if they listened to the main playerbase, people like US who can come up with ideas and KNOW what we want them to do, they would do far better than they are now with guessing.

variable attack animations would be fun... but not usefull

although this does not contribute directly to gameplay, it does contribute to one thing that everyone BAWWWS about when it comes to PSU -- Presentation.

Even if we dont get new combos, at LEAST give us new animations.

Skills, at 21+, get their final combo. At 31+, they should obtain a new animation for the first combo, 41+ should give a new animation for the second combo, and Lv50 should give a new animation for the final combo.

Bullets should get new bullet effects. Hands down. I couldnt live with being a Ranger and having the same looking bullets from levels 1-40.

You see, people grind their skills to 21+ so they can get their final combo, then leave them alone. Forces grind their technics to the highest Arc they can get them to get the new Technic Effects.

If they added new animations to every arc, then BOOM, suddendly every class gets interesting. every class is unique.

Thus, you hold your players longer, and gain new ones.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 9, 2008, 02:35 AM
I would like to see

Ranger type of classes be able to ROLL

And such like fucking those cast we fight <.<

untamedsoul
Jun 9, 2008, 02:43 AM
I would like to see

Ranger type of classes be able to ROLL

And such like fucking those cast we fight <.<
SWAT roll FTW. Put that skill button to use for gunners. Hell twin handguns, let us be true gunslingers with them. Point the guns in different directions and shoot 2 different targets at the same time. I know I'm not the only one that would find that fun :-D

RemiusTA
Jun 9, 2008, 03:30 AM
SWAT roll FTW. Put that skill button to use for gunners. Hell twin handguns, let us be true gunslingers with them. Point the guns in different directions and shoot 2 different targets at the same time. I know I'm not the only one that would find that fun :-D

It woudnt work though, unless in FPS mode each analog would be a pointer.

But the PA Button for gunners = evasive manuvering is an amazing idea.

I also would like to point out ANOTHER problem with this game.

The CAMERA. Oh lord jesus the camera. If anything, just let us zoom OUT or IN a bit. I want to have some overhead views while im fighting the De Ragnus like in those Magazine screenshots.

I wanna get from off the same angle i see my character in all day. I would actually like to look down and SEE the FULL effect of my leveled technics, plz.

We need more camera angles. The best part about the Dulk Falkis Form 2 battle in this game is the amazing camera angle you are allowed to fight in, and the camera effects when he does his main attack.

Give us more camera angles. i promise it will make the game AND the grind more fun. (And give better action screenshots.

Rayokarna
Jun 9, 2008, 03:43 AM
Here's an idea, make techs mean something...

untamedsoul
Jun 9, 2008, 03:44 AM
It woudnt work though, unless in FPS mode each analog would be a pointer.

Well it could work if you take the way it was done in devil may cry into account. Be stationary, lock on and shoot. Then move the left stick or whatever your movement button is in another direction, the second gun would shoot in the direction desired. Sure it takes the mobility away that people love with the twins, but it would look pretty :D

Weeaboolits
Jun 9, 2008, 04:04 AM
I'd like to see the second hit of dugrega hit.

Abashi76
Jun 10, 2008, 05:10 PM
Here's an idea, make techs mean something...

They do, unless your thinking of PSO.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 10, 2008, 07:41 PM
Little idea I had was for the items and boxes, instead of being simply red when they're rare, could be the color of the number of stars the item is. That way lame stuff like Scape Dolls could stop being classified as "rares".

Phoenix148
Jun 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
i would just like one mission, which i have mentioned on some other thread. Your party goes up to 20 people, then when the mission starts, you are in a giant burning field. then a giant meteor hits in the land nearby and tons of seed forms, from all planets for variety, come rushing out in waves, and i mean massive waves. These waves would be great in number, going on for a while. when ou finally kill everything, the 4 dragons (de ragan, ragnas, zoulgoug, and alterazgoug) come onto the field and you have to fight them all at the same time. I would love for this game to do something like that. I think it could be quite an entertaining mission. also, remius, i think that would be a sick idea, i hope it would include possibly having custom paint jobs for the guns =P

RemiusTA
Jun 10, 2008, 08:04 PM
Unless youre talking about future expansions on the PS3/360, that will never be possible with the current graphical engine of this game.

Phoenix148
Jun 10, 2008, 08:06 PM
i no, but this is a wishlist topic rite?

Kylie
Jun 10, 2008, 08:49 PM
Got some more:

Ability to turn the censor off (The Sims Online got away with it)
Auto-replies for mails
ANONYMOUS MODE (listed again for emphasis)
Ability to see statuses (away, etc) from cards
Guild system
Easier way to search / find people without having their card

Proto07
Jun 10, 2008, 10:24 PM
Ability to jump, roll, duck in combat.

More games added to the Casino such as Poker, Texas Hold 'Em, Blackjack, Solitaire, Pachinko slots (themed around past Sega games too).

Tougher missions. Swarms, double hp, all buffed, no recharge cubes, longer blocks stuff like that.

Splitscreen for consoles. An interesting way ST could do this is use partner machines. Players get a choice of using their PM as a playable character. And if that player has more than one character with a bot, those bots are playable too. Weapons, armor, photon arts cannot be changed when playing as a PM

Manly clothes for both genders.

A better censor.

Leaderboards on missions. The HQ missions have this but I want all the missions to have it. At the mission counter you could pull up the boards and see how fast people have done that particular mission, how many times they've done it, how many kills, etc.

The "View Information" thing to actually work in rooms.

Ability to see statuses (away, etc) from cards
And this.