PDA

View Full Version : Some FOI help would be much appreciated :)

a-NUB-is
Jun 8, 2008, 02:16 AM
I know what it is and I know, roughly, how to find it. I would LOVE some actual and factual (which happens to rhyme :-?) about FOI. One thing in particular I would like to know is, What is the best way to flippin' find it??!?!

Thankee,
Anubis:doughboy:

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 8, 2008, 02:19 AM
The best and easiest way is to get three other friends together Spam a C run over and over till 1 of you gets it then run it on S

a-NUB-is
Jun 8, 2008, 02:22 AM
I heard you have a better chance with the more people you run with? Also, do you still split up at the end to have a higher chance to find it, or is it all done by the leader now (thats what I hear).

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 8, 2008, 02:58 AM
yea if you split you each have a chance of finding FOI

imfanboy
Jun 8, 2008, 03:07 AM
Not any more, dudes.

The way it works is that FoI only appears if you spend more than 5 minutes in the mission, and increases the longer you spend in the mission, up to a maximum of 30 minutes.

Also, the chance of it appearing is upped by the number of people in your party... so splitting up is no longer the best way to find it.

RubyEclipse announced the change after the MA:G event ended.

darkante
Jun 8, 2008, 04:22 AM
Not any more, dudes.

The way it works is that FoI only appears if you spend more than 5 minutes in the mission, and increases the longer you spend in the mission, up to a maximum of 30 minutes.

Also, the chance of it appearing is upped by the number of people in your party... so splitting up is no longer the best way to find it.

RubyEclipse announced the change after the MA:G event ended.
This is to discourage people to spam C for FoI i guess?
Yeah, might be for the better.

Golto
Jun 8, 2008, 08:53 AM
The changes to getting rare missions hasn't gone through yet for pc/ps2 at least. So the old ways of super speed c runs and splitting up after finishing to check FOI is still the best way to get it.

imfanboy
Jun 8, 2008, 02:41 PM
The changes to getting rare missions hasn't gone through yet for pc/ps2 at least. So the old ways of super speed c runs and splitting up after finishing to check FOI is still the best way to get it.
Are you sure, Golto?

As I said, I got it straight from the horse's - er, GM's mouth at the update right after MA:G was ended. He was standing in Uni2 GC 4th Floor basically spamming it.

Golto
Jun 8, 2008, 03:05 PM
This same GM later said after the 6-6 update these changes were not made yet. So any info Ruby gives is not very crediable.