PDA

View Full Version : AotI Beast fF Meets Newman fF: It's over 9000!!!

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 8, 2008, 05:28 AM
Well this is kind of a funny story. Sigel on PSU is playing in the same party as I am on his CAST gunner and I'm on fortefighter with my newman (130/20). He sees my Bil De Axe on my pallet while we're all sitting down in Rykros field lobby (9/9 34% Light) and goes all :-o. So he and everybody say they want to see what I could possibly pull off with my tiny newman female muscles. Everybody gets an AT 31+ buff set and I run up to a mob, exact attack it and hit 8498 with Anga Redda (LV40) and Sigel cries and says he feels inadequate; so next run he goes to get his male beast (130/20).

He comes back and I see his Anga Redda is LV36 and he has a similar Bil De Axe by percent, but it has no grinds on it. We all go back in and do the run and he hits for 8500 feeling still sad that I'm hitting as hard as he is. Then he asks to borrow my axe; and then he cries no more, he hits 9100-9500--thus pissing Vegeta off as he breaks another scouter. Well, beasty boy is hyper by this point and can't get enough of his 9500s. Then we get to Falz and poor guy doesn't have a pistol (har har). Falz lands anyway and he gets a hit in before dark fish flops.

During the run, we all agreed that race doesn't mean a damned thing in PSU anymore. This can be accredited to him may having hit harder, but he missed the last hit on Redda several times whereas I didn't miss any of them. So we traded back the axe and that is pretty much that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

Maskim
Jun 8, 2008, 05:52 AM
During the run, we all agreed that race doesn't mean a damned thing in PSU anymore. This can be accredited to him may having hit harder, but he missed the last hit on Redda several times whereas I didn't miss any of them. So we traded back the axe and that is pretty much that.

Agreed. Amusing story. :)

Broodstar1337
Jun 8, 2008, 07:03 AM
race doesn't mean a damned thing in PSU

Just now realizing this, I see...

Stryker Diaz
Jun 8, 2008, 09:12 AM
ya it always seems that accuracy evens out the power :P between the races

The only thing I disagree with when it comes to races is that Casts SHOULD NOT

I repeat SHOULD NOT be able to use Technics, thats just blasphemous in my mind to suddenly change that so radically, you just dont go from NO Technics to ya you can use Technics now :D

Jakosifer
Jun 8, 2008, 09:16 AM
Of course it doesn't, the moment Just Attack/AoI Stat boosts were implemented, Race no longer meant shit. Well of course unless you care for Specials and are asinine about stats. >_>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 8, 2008, 09:30 AM
So much for the whole "Beast will do double the damage of a Newman" thing this one dude said in one of your threads. 9500 compared to 8500 isn't much of a difference when you consider these are the two extremes in ATP.

Zorafim
Jun 8, 2008, 12:31 PM
You're doing about 10% less damage. If you can live with that (seeing how this isn't FFXI, I'm sure you can), then yes. Race doesn't mean a damn thing.
note to self, compare cast to newman tech damage

stukasa
Jun 8, 2008, 12:42 PM
I'm glad race doesn't matter, that means I can make the character I want without worrying about stuff like that.

*though I DO have a Newman fT and CAST fG...* :lol:

HyperShot-X-
Jun 8, 2008, 12:59 PM
LOL yeah I was there with the party too as well as Lumina & Ronin, we all having fun is what really matters as always put all the differences aside.

That YouTube clip is just too funny.. "What, 9000 ??!! o_O" xD that baldy guy in muscle kinda reminds me of Bruce on steroids :P

MaximusLight
Jun 8, 2008, 01:00 PM
Awe man does this mean human's don't suck anymore?
Now how am I going to fail misrably on the battlefield, it's like someone taken the entire point away of having a human race now...
:wacko:

mvffin
Jun 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
aww, you mean I came after the fun was over?

= \

Lunasol8888
Jun 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
"Sigel cries and says he feels inadequate" lol that's an understatement. Absolutely destroyed is more i like it. Ah such good times.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 8, 2008, 02:50 PM
ya it always seems that accuracy evens out the power :P between the races

The only thing I disagree with when it comes to races is that Casts SHOULD NOT

I repeat SHOULD NOT be able to use Technics, thats just blasphemous in my mind to suddenly change that so radically, you just dont go from NO Technics to ya you can use Technics now :D

CASTS have been using techiniques aince at least PSO Episode 3, so that Sudden radical change happened a few years ago. Also, I think its fine since they're letting everyone use the CAST exclusive traps now (except I think non-CASTS got traps in pso's pvp mode didn't they?)

Primus30
Jun 8, 2008, 02:50 PM
Well this is kind of a funny story. Sigel on PSU is playing in the same party as I am on his CAST gunner and I'm on fortefighter with my newman (130/20). He sees my Bil De Axe on my pallet while we're all sitting down in Rykros field lobby (9/9 34% Light) and goes all :-o. So he and everybody say they want to see what I could possibly pull off with my tiny newman female muscles. Everybody gets an AT 31+ buff set and I run up to a mob, exact attack it and hit 8498 with Anga Redda (LV40) and Sigel cries and says he feels inadequate; so next run he goes to get his male beast (130/20).

He comes back and I see his Anga Redda is LV36 and he has a similar Bil De Axe by percent, but it has no grinds on it. We all go back in and do the run and he hits for 8500 feeling still sad that I'm hitting as hard as he is. Then he asks to borrow my axe; and then he cries no more, he hits 9100-9500--thus pissing Vegeta off as he breaks another scouter. Well, beasty boy is hyper by this point and can't get enough of his 9500s. Then we get to Falz and poor guy doesn't have a pistol (har har). Falz lands anyway and he gets a hit in before dark fish flops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

*claps* Yaaaaay Newmans!!!

Ronin1of47
Jun 8, 2008, 02:55 PM
and i quote from my good buddy w/ his tail currently placed between his legs
"RaAaAaAaAaGe"

Zorafim
Jun 8, 2008, 03:10 PM

The first android to ever be in a Phanatasy Star game was just as proficient with techs as newmen were. After that, though they didn't get techs, they got abilities that worked similarly to techs.
In other words, the only real sudden change was in PSO. We're simply reverting back to previous ideas (assuming we haven't thrown them away). Hell, the most radical change is that they're suddenly bad with techs.

SiGeL
Jun 8, 2008, 04:23 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/xSiGeL/footinmouth.jpg

:(

I'm in a lose-lose here, so I agree with most of what was posted. I'll be in my corner staring at my Male Beast FF ATP if you need me.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 8, 2008, 06:35 PM
:(

I'm in a lose-lose here, so I agree with most of what was posted. I'll be in my corner staring at my Male Beast FF ATP if you need me.

:lol:

Kylie
Jun 8, 2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, race doesn't mean much... Well, as far as damage goes. There are other things to consider such as HP, and not all skills change so drastically with high ATA. Still though, it'd be nice if the line would be drawn deeper on these things.

Having distinct racial differences is something that got me into PSU, actually.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 8, 2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah, race doesn't mean much... Well, as far as damage goes. There are other things to consider such as HP, and not all skills change so drastically with high ATA. Still though, it'd be nice if the line would be drawn deeper on these things.

Having distinct racial differences is something that got me into PSU, actually.

Yeah, the point of me being a newman non-techer was to put myself at a distinct disadvantage, but I've seen it slip right from under me.

Finae
Jun 8, 2008, 09:52 PM
I don't care what ppl play, but in my opinion (yes a opinion ppl, something ppl don't like to hear), race still matter to me. I'd choose my cast FF over my beast or newman FF anyday due to paradi. And if you do a lot of TA'ing (time attack or time attack events), then I would take a 4 person cast party over a 4 person newman party. Without paradi, beast would be my second. Even though beast has highest amount of atp, I like their hp the most. My newman FF hp is pretty shitty compared to my beast :P. Nano is also useful at times.

So when im playin in a random party, I don't care about ppls dmg or their race, I only care if you actually play your class right and if you have a brain. Spamming tornado dance all the time for example will make me care. When it comes to things like MAG leaderboard/TA, event TA/guild TA, I will pick out certain class/race combos when it comes to getting things done the fastest. Unfortunately, unless its a newman/human AT, I usually don't go after newman/human. TA all about time and I need it done as fast as possible. If you've partied with a good 4+ cast party, you should know how fast it is with paradi on all 4 toons. Don't need crappy human/newman when it comes to that for me.

And as the dmg nuts will tell you, it may not be huge, but its something. I guess there is no real difference between a newman FT or a cast FT either so I think we should all make our casts FTs also :P. Anyways, this is my opinion on it, its not a fact and if you don't like hearing a opinion, simply ignore the post.

Gojiro316
Jun 8, 2008, 10:19 PM
Ema, you are the manliest female newman I know...heh... Excellent post and I'm just sad that the game isn't as much of a challenge as you'd think it would be, going against the grain. We'll have to look into taking off one of your limbs to make you less effective :D j/k...

Dakkon
Jun 9, 2008, 07:14 AM
Everyone seems to ignore this comparison is made with an AXE, which adds almost 1500 atp to the base stat (more than doubling it on a Newman), diminishing drastically the difference.

Try the same with Twin Daggers.

And it's as funny as sad to see as if people needed stories like this to be told in order to realize and or value their own potential "wow so then I don't suck?", thats an statement you should resolve and perfectly know by yourself, this game is easy if you put even little effort onto it, just like in real life trust your capabilities and be confident, you don't need anyone to confirm if you suck or if you don't, like if it were a fucking trend.

norrisj15
Jun 9, 2008, 01:19 PM
Why do beast and casts always win the events then? Did you guys see the MAG boards? Primarily casts and a few beasts mixed in there. End of story. SUV> all xD

Elley
Jun 9, 2008, 01:28 PM
Yusaku up to her usual hijinx I see ^^

Ri0T
Jun 9, 2008, 02:27 PM
Y'see, this is why PSU needs PVP. We can have all-out race beat-downs! I'm on the Human side. Who's with me?!

imfanboy
Jun 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
Why do beast and casts always win the events then? Did you guys see the MAG boards? Primarily casts and a few beasts mixed in there. End of story. SUV> all xD
Uhhh, actually... the fastest clear times I ever had on C were with a pair of newman female fortetechers. We were doing runs in FIVE MINUTES, easily.

31+ Rafoie > low level mobs.

Or were you talking Time Attack? In which case, I concede.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 9, 2008, 03:04 PM

Because CAST/beast combine outnumber humans and newmans? I didn't do Time Attack, but I'll be sure to try it second time around to let you know. I was 2nd during the first week on the kills board if that is any consolation (before I got bored out of my mind). I digress, I'm not here to argue any points or say I'm better than a CAST or beast fortefighter... when the player has PAs and weapons to support him- or herself.

RegulusHikari
Jun 9, 2008, 05:57 PM
This topic is now about pylons because a Cast FF is both more powerful and accurate than a Newman FF.

Rambo!
Jun 9, 2008, 07:48 PM
YOU MUST CONTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS