PDA

View Full Version : Item >>>>> Giga / Skill vs Cati / Skill Confusion ???

Indica
Jun 8, 2008, 01:41 PM
Ive been meaning to ask this for a while, but since I just found one Id like to know what the deal is. According to this site and PSUPEDIA

The way it's described below it looks like the Giga unit is better. If something in the store is 80% off and 70% off the sales price, the 80% Sale is better. If we decrease the world population to 80% vs 70% the 80% would reduce more..etc

Also, why is Sega listing "Wakens" latent abilities vs "Awakens" latent abilities. Wake is a past tense word.

Giga / Skill PP Save:

Upgrade unit for armor. Less PP usage, wakens latent abilities.

Strike PP consumption is decreased to 80%.
Firearm PP consumption is increased to 150%.

Cati / Skill PP Save:

Upgrade unit for armor. Controls PP usage, awakens latent abilities.

Strike PP consumption is decreased to 70%.
Firearm PP consumption is increased to 250%.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 8, 2008, 01:50 PM
You're confusing "to 80%" with "by 80%"

100 reduced to 80% is 80
100 reduced to 70% is 70

100 reduced BY 80% is 20
100 reduced BY 70% is 30

Golto
Jun 8, 2008, 03:13 PM
Another question should be why does something with the Cati prefix not 9*? Shouldn't they be named Vijerina?

Shishi-O
Jun 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
got all cati units and gotta tell ya the pp consumption reduction is awesome, I don't even mind the reduction in power, in fact it's laughable.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 10, 2008, 02:51 PM
hells yeah I <3 cati bullet

Andy1423
Jun 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
Giga saves you 20% where as Cati saves you 30%. Thus the Cati unti is 10% more effiecient.

Shishi-O
Jun 10, 2008, 03:26 PM
Giga saves you 20% where as Cati saves you 30%. Thus the Cati unti is 10% more effiecient.

I could have sworn it saved you 70% of your pp consumption... If not it sure felt like it.

I hate when i misunderstand things, thanks for the heads up.

Still spend whatever u must to get one, they are teh pwnzors

All I need now are a unit with 6 end like my hard staminas, and at least 5 pp regen, lolz

It's dark wings in the house XD

Kizeragi
Jun 10, 2008, 04:39 PM

Simple as that, I had a better use for mine though. Sold it.

Andy1423
Jun 11, 2008, 09:42 AM
Simple as that, I had a better use for mine though. Sold it.

Very true. With amazing power arms units in the horizon who really cares about saving like 10 to 15 more shots on your gun. (cause that's really what it comes down to)

Cati save, Giga save- who gives a &^*%

I say grind your weapons. With well grinded weapons you'll forget that you even lose PP when you use your weapons. But seriously, all you rangers out there, I'm sure the Cati is cool and all, but if you have even 4 weapons that are at least 10* + with 8 to 10 grinds on it, that's really all you need for a Short mission. But that's 4! you'll still have 2 extra weapon slots available.

Note: As a ForteGunner Cast, your PP reduction is pretty good, however when master classes become available we will see a loss in PP use. At that point the CATI save will have more applications, but until then...

dc534
Jun 11, 2008, 10:11 AM
So is it only the new missions where jaggos and rappies still drop giga units because thats all I get when doing s2 Awoken Serpant and Lightening Beasts.