PDA

View Full Version : wartecher (whips , race,) Help

mario20061
Jun 8, 2008, 04:38 PM
hi i now this has probably bean ask before but i cannot seam 2 find it. but what race do u recommend for a wartecher the only reason y i what 2 be a wartecher is for the whips please help me thx

Realmz
Jun 8, 2008, 04:39 PM
i didn't much enjoy whips on my WT, but humans play it pretty well if you ask me

Kinako78
Jun 8, 2008, 05:21 PM
I think humans get the best stats as a WT, so what Realmz said. :)

ashley50
Jun 8, 2008, 05:25 PM
lol a Whiptecher...

darthplagis
Jun 8, 2008, 05:29 PM
i hate beasts but i made a female beast (silthy flave) at the closing days of MAG just to have my own little slave, well any way i made her a wartecher and i love it.

ok beast suck at techs and actually hitting things regularly (poor accuracy) but the weapons you actually get as a wartecher allow you to compensate for this eg. whips, swords and twin daggers/sabers allow fast multiple hits so increasing the chance of inflicting a hit and when you go on a roll those hits really count when your beast has high strength.

as for techs just stick to heals (resta, reverser) as the dmg will suck.

yes whips do do nice damage and hit alot of enemies in one go but there are other weapons (like mentioned above) that can do more dmg more often with that all important S rank if thats your thing.

Oniko
Jun 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
The only race I really haven't seen many WT's with is Cast, and even then I don't think the race would prevent a good player from doing well with the class.

Beast: Generally more offensive with melee attacks, but lacking a bit on techs.
Newman: Better with techs, but will have a harder time hitting hard with melee compared to Beast.
Human:Somewhere between the two, as always not great at anything, not bad at anything.
Cast: I would assume similar to Beast, but again it's one I really don't see often.

Personally I always liked my newman WT, but race isn't really a huge factor on a class that focuses on versatility. As long as you can understand the strengths and weaknesses each race has, you can adjust your setup to make it work, and work well. So I'd say play what you enjoy.

Though WT isn't a one weapon class. I love my whips as much as the next person, but there is no class in the entire game that can get away with using them as a primary weapon outside of skilling up. They are for status effects and decent damage to large groups, and great at killing Boomas and dragon bosses, but really they are best used in specific situations. I can't even get through a mission without swapping around half the weapons in my pallet, good luck trying to make due with just whips. >.>

MaximusLight
Jun 8, 2008, 05:40 PM
It should be noted that humans and newmans get a stats boost (unless ST nerded that, anyone confrim/deny this?)

Realmz
Jun 8, 2008, 05:46 PM
let me state it a little better. I never saw much of a use for Whips on recca (my WT) her Sword will do more damage and will do it faster then the whip will with normal attacks. also i'm only ever using the sword for the first couple of hits in a fight, before some jarborga happy fortefighter breaks up my nice clump of mobs. Then i go into claw and dagger mode, and rip apart mobs one at a time.

Yeah the whip can apply status effects to mobs, but honestly, i can't remember a time when i really needed it.

also humans and newmans get a +3% with the hybrid classes, humans get a +5% with the acro ones also

mario20061
Jun 8, 2008, 05:55 PM
thxs 4 all the help by the way im not just going 2 us whip i will use other weapons its just that whips are the mean reson y i want 2 be a wartecher

Rayokarna
Jun 8, 2008, 05:57 PM
thxs 4 all the help by the way im not just going 2 us whip i will use other weapons its just that whips are the mean reson y i want 2 be a wartecher

Go Acrotecher insted ¬_¬

Kinako78
Jun 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
Go Acrotecher insted ¬_¬

Yeah, unless you don't want to be expected to babysit your teammates.

Rayokarna
Jun 8, 2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, unless you don't want to be expected to babysit your teammates.

The expections of ATs have lowered since release. He shouldn't have a problem.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 8, 2008, 06:16 PM
I expect WTs to babysit too. ;|

That said, the best race for Wartecher is Acrotecher.

Kinako78
Jun 8, 2008, 06:18 PM
The expections of ATs have lowered since release. He shouldn't have a problem.

They have? That's not what another recent topic here led me to believe.

Rayokarna
Jun 8, 2008, 06:22 PM
They have? That's not what another recent topic here led me to believe.

Not like anyone in the PS2/PC servers(Dont know about 360 so I wont comment on them) really cares to be honest. As long as AT heals once and a while, everyone buffs them selves and gets on with it.

Kinako78
Jun 8, 2008, 06:24 PM
Scratch that.

Rayokarna
Jun 8, 2008, 06:26 PM
Good Idea.

I know

Kinako78
Jun 8, 2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, let's not.

thebummers
Jun 8, 2008, 07:54 PM
I have a male Beast WT who destroys with whips. People on here saying that whips aren't good for a WT must ride the short bus. WT is the only class who gets the whip PAs to 30. And sure they don't boast the same huge numbers as some melee weapons, BUT THEY HIT LIKE 1346534 TARGETS! Not to mention they inflict status FX on mobs VERY easily. People can't seem to grasp this concept that a ton of decent hits with status FX beats out 3-4 huge hits. Beast WTs can especially excel with whips by standing in the middle of a crowd because of their high ATP and hit points. But I would say only choose Beast for your WT if you plan to use whips and melee weapons most of the time and only technic nuke things you have to like robots.

superlak
Jun 8, 2008, 08:07 PM
lol a Whiptecher...

rofl thats 2 funny

Dragwind
Jun 8, 2008, 08:07 PM
*facepalms*

Whips are great on a WT. If you're going to use it as a main means of attack, you are a fool. Its only good as an AoE damage solution. Contrary to popular belief, using it as a form of mass SE inflicting sucks. Its not even useful in that sense, since they will all die within a combo or two of the PA anyhow.

As for ata, they work fine from what I've seen on every race as well, with some more 0's on the beast side, since the ata is pretty fail. It still works well enough.

As for personal recommendation on a race to go as WT, I'd say newman or human.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 8, 2008, 08:17 PM
Ok, serious answer time:

WT's inability to use Vish Adac really limits their use for whips, since most of the other whip SEs are useless, and WT does have better options for crowd-control damage (Dus Robado, Tornado Break, etc.). I could see whips being good damage against bosses due to the 6 targets, but they likely won't match Majarra's damage there.

As far as race goes, Beast is probably best. Your damage techs aren't going to be particularly useful (compared to melee) regardless of race, so you might as well go with the one that makes the most of melee potential. ATA is never an issue, even for Beast.

But yeah, if you want a class that makes good use of whips (out of necessity) and mixes melee with useful support, go look at Acrotecher.

Heinan
Jun 8, 2008, 10:48 PM
I have a male Beast WT who destroys with whips. People on here saying that whips aren't good for a WT must ride the short bus. WT is the only class who gets the whip PAs to 30. And sure they don't boast the same huge numbers as some melee weapons, BUT THEY HIT LIKE 1346534 TARGETS! Not to mention they inflict status FX on mobs VERY easily. People can't seem to grasp this concept that a ton of decent hits with status FX beats out 3-4 huge hits. Beast WTs can especially excel with whips by standing in the middle of a crowd because of their high ATP and hit points. But I would say only choose Beast for your WT if you plan to use whips and melee weapons most of the time and only technic nuke things you have to like robots.

Last time I checked the SE infliction that whips give dont mean anything since the enemy would die too quickly for it to be effective.

Also, Dus Rabado/Tornado Break>All Whip PA's. Period.

Personnally I'm tired of DPS fiends, because that don't mean nothing if you're constantly getting popped in the face by angry mobs and don't know how to control the field(Which is where the Wartecher shines).

If I were you, I would learn how to tech-chain usin gi-techs and combining it with the two PA's mentioned above. Also, there are plenty of guides that can give you tips on how to play and build a wartecher. Read them.

NegaTsukasa
Jun 8, 2008, 11:03 PM
Just plain newmans alone can use S rank whips (that can go to level 50 in Skill Level, well offline at least), alonge with A class swords at a wonderful potential.
Just my opinion. I'm sure there is minor crap statistic wise I left out. but oh well. I don't really enjoy the dual classes that much so I couldn't tell ya whats best for a dual class. I just think they have less variety from what I can compare to the pure classes.

Rayokarna
Jun 9, 2008, 03:41 AM
Just plain newmans alone can use S rank whips (that can go to level 50 in Skill Level, well offline at least), alonge with A class swords at a wonderful potential.
Just my opinion. I'm sure there is minor crap statistic wise I left out. but oh well. I don't really enjoy the dual classes that much so I couldn't tell ya whats best for a dual class. I just think they have less variety from what I can compare to the pure classes.

We are talking about online here not offline. No class has access to level 50 skills in terms of whips.

mario20061
Jun 9, 2008, 04:39 AM
thx for all the help :)

thebummers
Jun 9, 2008, 10:42 AM
My argument for WT whips stills holds true since the people arguing against it made awful points.

1) ANY Status FX can be helpful. Especially when soloing which WTs are built very well to do. Don't underestimate the offhand range mag and the status FX it is doing at the same time.
2) S Vish Adac whips are really not that much more uber than grinded A whips. Especially since A whips are much easier to grind up to match their stats.
3) Dos Robado and Tornado Dance are only slightly better than whip PAs and are still limited to A rank weapons for WTs. Not to mention you get to add in a range mag for some extra damage.

The only reason people argue for ATs is because their stats are WAY out of balance right now. There is no reason AT stats should be better in so many categories than WT but Acros are what is still hot and new in the game. In reality, AT should only beat WT in Tech and MST. Hopefully this gets balanced down the road.