PDA

View Full Version : More SEGA Billing problems

HolyOrderSaek
Jun 9, 2008, 08:06 AM
Has anyone else been billed twice this month?

I got billed on the 2nd, and now they charged me again this morning. It's not like I have two accounts, and I never signed up for Blue Burst or anything during the Error 65 Fiasco.

Danny_Dark
Jun 9, 2008, 08:10 AM
Uh oh...more Bullshit !?

HolyOrderSaek
Jun 9, 2008, 08:13 AM
Looks like it so far... I put in a ticket on their "new" site... we'll see how this goes.

While misery loves company, I sure hope I'm the only one...

Wiz
Jun 9, 2008, 08:21 AM
The exact opposite happened to me: they didn't bill me at all this month.

Yeah, I use gift cards to pay, and when it ran out of funds, Segac canceled my subscription. Apparently, they didn't disable my ability to play.

I just hope that I don't get penalized for this...

EMPYREAN
Jun 9, 2008, 08:35 AM
No.
they havent billed me yet this month, but they billed me the 29th last month.

Falon
Jun 9, 2008, 08:43 AM
sega really needs to get their stuff right. i have also been billed twice :(

Sasamichan
Jun 9, 2008, 08:57 AM
They shouldn't be billing anyone on the pc/ps2 version. Cause as far as I know, the free period is still on.

Cracka_J
Jun 9, 2008, 09:00 AM
what you need to do is either update your original 065 ticket with your current billing issue, or if that one can no longer be updated, resubmit a new ticket.

be very specific with the problem, your account info, billing dates, etc.

I got billed on the 29th of last month with a billing date of june 10th. It seemed like they were trying to collect backpay for the whole e065 month, which was absurd to me. IMO, if they missed my billing cycle when I was willing to pay them, they're not getting my money now. I updated my ticket with my problem and complaint, Edward resolved the issue in about 5 hours and refunded my card.

I'm really fed up with their constant blunders as well, but those guys on the billing team (Edward in particular)ARE working to resolve the issues. I know everyone is pissed about this, but just do what you can on your part, and submit a ticket, direct as possible. Hopefully they can resolve the rest of your issues as fast as they did mine.

Totori
Jun 9, 2008, 09:04 AM
Yes if you get billed that is a problem the free account thing should still be active now

Wiz
Jun 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
They shouldn't be billing anyone on the pc/ps2 version. Cause as far as I know, the free period is still on.
Oh, is it still? Cool. ^^;

Neith
Jun 9, 2008, 09:22 AM

I've been billed since the so-called 'free' period, as have a lot of other people. To be honest, I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing in regards to the billing server :lol:

Cracka_J
Jun 9, 2008, 09:26 AM
Oh, is it still? Cool. ^^;

Actually, this isn't true. The technicality of it is...

They have begun billing people and are trying to re-establish monthly billing cycles for people who were e065'd. The GM's on the official site have posted that they have revoked the "free month" as they put a disclaimer in the original post that endorsed it. As they said, it was never an officially endorsed sega event, and could be changed at any point in time.

However, due to e065 and there not being a current fix, it appears the 065 safeguard for unpaying customers is STILL DOWN. Which means any unpaying customer that has not been banned can still log in until they find a way to either get the safeguard back in, or enable your monthly billing.

IMO the safest workaround for the PLAYERS is this: get your refund back for the payment they're charging you for last month. If your new billing cycle date HAS NOT PASSED, put in a cancellation on your account. Then reactivate once they put the 065 safeguard back in and you can no longer log in without paying. That way they cannot charge you for anything, and you can continue to play until the 065 issue is officially resolved. However, if you have been double charged, you'll likely only be able to get 1 of those payments back. Act quick, a lot of the new billing dates are approaching.

Rust
Jun 9, 2008, 09:30 AM
According to the message i got from Edward after i sent a support ticket on their new site, 29th billing isn't normal, but something which happens while they were fixing the billing site. They should give money back to those who report about it, but not on those who didn't, 'cause not everybody on PC/PS2 server side got this issue.
Though, all those who have been billed twice got their first bill on 29th of May. Actually, the billing site sent a bill on 29th, then all those who had a recurring subscription got it back to its original schedule. Mine was at the end of month, so i got billed on 29th (date of fixing) and 30th (usual recurring payment subscription schedule) of May. Some people who had their original schedule on 29th of May got billed twice the same day. I sent a support ticket on Friday evening when i noticed the problem, and it got fixed during Monday, i got 10 bucks back (those from 29th). So, for all those affected, just send a support ticket about that 29th of May billing, you should get your money back from that shortly after.

thebummers
Jun 9, 2008, 10:30 AM
It's pretty simple. They went back to the autobilling accounts and billed them for May at the end of the month and then put them back on their next cycle. I was billed on the 29th and will be billed again tomorrow. What they are doing is making the customer request a refund for the 065 time in May. They are putting the responsibility on you. Which is brilliant because a lot of people will be too lazy to request the credit and Segac will be able to bill pretty much most people for a May that was deserving of a "free period" for many players.

Cracka_J
Jun 9, 2008, 10:43 AM
It's pretty simple. They went back to the autobilling accounts and billed them for May at the end of the month and then put them back on their next cycle. I was billed on the 29th and will be billed again tomorrow. What they are doing is making the customer request a refund for the 065 time in May. They are putting the responsibility on you. Which is brilliant because a lot of people will be too lazy to request the credit and Segac will be able to bill pretty much most people for a May that was deserving of a "free period" for many players.

ya, that's pretty much what I was thinking.
it's only a free period now if you request it to be, haha.
o well, got mine ^^

I also just put in a cancellation today, as my renewal is tomorrow! I'll play for freexorz until they fix the billing server, lol.

Then I'll buy a 6 month when I can't log in anymore, to avoid future bullshittery.

furrypaws
Jun 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
Luckily, I cancelled my account on May 3rd, rendering it inactive, meaning they can't bill me.

So it's still a free period for me. ^_^

Kamiense
Jun 9, 2008, 05:54 PM
Well, this is great for the people who still have the free period. I can try the new mission out again and build some new characters.

Kylie
Jun 9, 2008, 05:57 PM
My billing seems fine... As for the entire billing thing, I've already ranted to death about their incompetence with it, so I have no interest in digging that back up. :lol: I can't wait until they get their new system, possibly one that they can use.

McLaughlin
Jun 9, 2008, 05:59 PM

That free promotional period was only for people with cancelled subscriptions, according to an addendum made by RubyEclipse. Didn't this double-billing happen in May as well?

Kylie
Jun 9, 2008, 06:06 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143358

First the billing issues have not been resolved, and until that happens we do not have a final policy on how 065 affected players will have their bills credited or reset.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=78694

We did not promise free play when we announced that we had temporarily bypassed the billing system. When we unofficially announced free play for canceled PSU subscriptions we did specifically say: This is not an official SEGA promotion, and free period dates may be subject to change.

We have determined that the only permanent fix for these billing issues is to shut down the playsega billing system, and our new billing system should be in place before mid June. We intend to adjust everyone's billing dates in a fair manner when we migrate their accounts to the new server.

If anyone else was charged this week for a partial month, please contact our billing customer service and we will examine your bill and issue credits to those who were charged unfairly. My initial check shows that this only happened to a handful of people, but we are still investigating this.

-ChillAura

unis_ascele
Jun 9, 2008, 07:09 PM
I had cancelled my account over a year ago now and just tried logging in, and what da ya know it put me right back in the game!!!

Ri0T
Jun 9, 2008, 07:15 PM
It's pretty simple. They went back to the autobilling accounts and billed them for May at the end of the month and then put them back on their next cycle. I was billed on the 29th and will be billed again tomorrow. What they are doing is making the customer request a refund for the 065 time in May. They are putting the responsibility on you. Which is brilliant because a lot of people will be too lazy to request the credit and Segac will be able to bill pretty much most people for a May that was deserving of a "free period" for many players.Brilliant. Unfortunately, brilliant and shady. Sega must really like being hated.

unis_ascele
Jun 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
Brilliant. Unfortunately, brilliant and shady. Sega must really like being hated.
It's the same deal you see with those "mail in rebates" ya know how many people never send them in? or send them in incorectly

Ri0T
Jun 9, 2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, i see your point. In this case though, we already have the product.

Mail-in-rebate usually implies you are getting something extra. This is something you are supposed to have but are being cheated out of. Sega should take responsibility since it was their (major) screw-up.

unis_ascele
Jun 9, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah, i see your point. In this case though, we already have the product.

Mail-in-rebate usually implies you are getting something extra. This is something you are supposed to have but are being cheated out of. Sega should take responsibility since it was their (major) screw-up.
like i said i had cancelled my account before fire break of last year and today i logged in with no problem

Shinko
Jun 10, 2008, 04:33 AM
yea it happen to me two but i send them a letter fast as hell and got that cleared up. Damn segac!

Kinako78
Jun 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
I got billed this month, but I got billed last month before the free period started, so I'm not complaining.

Yin
Jun 23, 2008, 06:39 PM
I had no idea this was actually happening till I just got my bank statement today. They billed be twice (june 2 and june 9) I sent in a ticket already but I want my money back. >_< I was gone for more than 2 weeks due to the error 65 during M.A.G. and now they are billing me twice this month? does that even make any sense? T_T

Powder Keg
Jun 23, 2008, 06:56 PM
I was scheduled to be double-billed last month. I sent in a ticket at the new site and was credited 10 bucks.

I also read on the official forums that the new billing system is being implemented tonight.