PDA

View Full Version : New mission on Rykros.

Dragonrider29
Jun 9, 2008, 05:03 PM
Hey there, my first thread on the new revamped forums, (Shocking eh?) just making a thread here to find out what YOUR favorite / least favorite thing about this mission is. :P

However, please don't turn this into a flame / "Bawww" thread.

With that said, post away. :D

Tiyr
Jun 9, 2008, 05:10 PM
I love the traps, honestly. Some welcome variety to the standard "kill stuff" mode of play.

Which leads into my least favorite thing--lack of enemy diversity. Sure, they're mostly newer mobs (save for Deljabans) but seriously, only four enemy types? With all the many kinds of dark enemies they have--Bel Pannons, Deljabans, Carriguines, SEED-Vitace, SEED-Venas, Jusnaguns, Gaozorans, etc, etc, etc, I can't figure out why they've restricted the map to such a small number of enemies.

Most of the more recent missions are more interesting due to variety or a certain amount of randomness in regards to what you'll be fighting. In that respect, this one just feels like a step backward.

Dragonrider29
Jun 9, 2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe the run with 2nd form Falz at "Falz Memoria" will have those. o.o

Iduno
Jun 9, 2008, 05:15 PM
Favourite thing is its not another "could play in your sleep mission" but the risk/reward is balenced enough that people still chose it over white beast, hidden areas and it has (dun dun dun!) A NON RESKIN ENEMY W00T

Worst things are still de rol falz, hive music and the pathway in block 3 on the A rank that sometimes bugs so you have to keep running up and down it to get the enemys to spawn

Weeaboolits
Jun 9, 2008, 05:17 PM
I dislike the orcdillans and the slowdown, otherwise it's nice.

Juza
Jun 9, 2008, 05:25 PM
and the pathway in block 3 on the A rank that sometimes bugs so you have to keep running up and down it to get the enemys to spawn

Oh, that doesn't happen just to me?

I've found that if you run straight down, ignoring everything until you're at the little wider part right before the barrier, there's no problem. Seems to be an issue with the little... ankle-biting thingies I can never remember the name of spinning up and then disappearing.

Overall, I like the mission. It's not White Beast and it has SEED. And also PC drops, which means I'll be able to buy one for a non-ridiculous price once I give up on getting one after another 29382983 runs.

I dislike the Falz fight, though. I'm not one to go OMG RESKIN BAAAAAAAAW (unless it's in relation to both PSO and PSU's Falzes completely failing compared to old school DF!), but sitting on a raft for six hours waiting for him to come into range isn't really my idea of an epic fight with the ultimate incarnation of evil intent.

EspioKaos
Jun 9, 2008, 05:26 PM
The place is great for Regrant leveling with all of the enemies that don't go flying back when hit with it. Orcdillans, Delp Slamis, Zasharogans... and they always seem to spawn in nice little packs, too. (I think I'm sitting at Regrant LV38 -- up from LV32 or so -- just from running this mission casually over the weekend.)

The area simply looks awesome. I'm not sure what it is about Rykros RELICS, but I love it.

amtalx
Jun 9, 2008, 05:32 PM
Honestly, the best part about this mission is the end lobby. Its the ONLY part of this mission that is actually new.

Kylie
Jun 9, 2008, 05:35 PM
Cons
HIVE Music
Orcdillans
Just decent rares (not enough to replace WB)
Dark Fish

Pros
Something new (somewhat)
Decent rares
Cool mission art
Nice end lobby

:wacko: What I gathered from not playing the mission yet.

SonicTMP
Jun 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
Gota toss in my Orcdillan complaint. Those guys are just plain annoying.

But other than that. It's ok.

MiniBrian
Jun 9, 2008, 05:47 PM
Cons: Boring Drops (I've seen like all of them D: )
Boring Enemys ( kinda getting sick of dark stuff)
VERY BORING BOSS!!! (getting VERY sick of the bosses were u cant hit them all the time)

Pros: AWESOME end lobby ( i like to dance on his grave :D )
Fun to do with friends ( idk why )
Decent $$$$ (good money for some ppl )
O.K for running again, and again, again

Dragwind
Jun 9, 2008, 05:47 PM
I like the atmosphere, spawn setup, boss, and end lobby, decent boss rares.

Dislike? Not sure, haven't ran the mission enough.

lee-san
Jun 9, 2008, 05:52 PM
So, where exactly is the mission? I cant find it.

Cry0
Jun 9, 2008, 05:56 PM
Cons: orcdillan, flying fish, drops (other then boss)

pros: everything else.

imho, the cons outweigh the pros. next mission please.
Play the story mission, much better :)

ThePendragon
Jun 9, 2008, 06:44 PM
Pros: Not White Beast

Cons: White Beast still exists :|

Ri0T
Jun 9, 2008, 06:54 PM
The mission is a really fast run... too bad you can't run it on S2 for more PA frags.

The drops... well at least a lot more people will be able to get hold of Paradi, and Flowen's will be worth even less than it is now. Otherwise, pretty meh.

If there are enough people running the mission i'd definitely prefer running this than White Beast. I wish more people would play S2 missions though.

Realmz
Jun 9, 2008, 07:12 PM
Cons: those damn horse things orcdillians? whatever they are i hate them.
what falz decides he should spend five minutes in the air, away from the raft, shooting his little parasite things at us, good Lord.

Pros: i do like the remodel for Dark Falz, i wouldn't have thought of giant gaping maw personally (yes it's a different model, reskin does not technically apply people)
Polymer drops from this mission has netted me a good three million so far

Miyoko
Jun 9, 2008, 07:13 PM
I absolutely hate dark missions, and the drops there are ... all things I really don't care for, so, I'll never run it. >_>

BigshowPat
Jun 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
Have to agree that the only problem is the slowdown and Orcdillans. Other than that I love the new mission but as time goes by more and more people are moving back to White Beast...

Ri0T
Jun 9, 2008, 07:39 PM
I can see how people are going back to White Beasts already, i only played a couple runs when they were having the promotional event and that was it. (i went back to running different missions tho) I'll definitely go back, i'm hoping for a Flowen's with better %s.

Pros: i do like the remodel for Dark Falz, i wouldn't have thought of giant gaping maw personally (yes it's a different model, reskin does not technically apply people)Semantics. It's still Version X of DE ROL LE. It's like after the slap in the face in MAG, they decided to slap us in the face again for good measure.

Realmz
Jun 9, 2008, 08:00 PM
Semantics. It's still Version X of DE ROL LE. It's like after the slap in the face in MAG, they decided to slap us in the face again for good measure.

you people went in thinking it was going to be like PSO, i went in not giving a damn. This is why you don't get your hopes up, or have high expectations. I never said the fight itself wasn't annoying, but i do appreciate that they at least took the time to remodel the monster

Akio
Jun 9, 2008, 09:37 PM
I like the mission, the rares are pretty good i think (yay now hon drops in a mission besides Dimmagolus), the monsters are fun for the most part (orcdillans are so DAM ANNOYING..,.though i have gotten over it little.), and i like all the side areas and secrets that this mission holds. i seriously took 40+ minutes on a run to figure out how to get in all the rooms. as much as i dont like the type of monster they based falz off of (De Rol E is fun and all but never considered the DARK FORCE as a fish >.>) it is mostly a fun battle. he does get a little annoying sometimes, but a 31+ rifle light shot cuts him down pretty quick.

Zorafim
Jun 9, 2008, 10:36 PM
I like how huge the rooms in the level is. It really adds to the atmosphere.
As for my dislikes, I don't like traps that you are forced to be trapped by. Coming to mind are switches necessary to proceed trapped by the ruins traps. There's no way to proceed without getting hit by those, and they hurt

darkante
Jun 9, 2008, 10:39 PM
a 31+ rifle light shot cuts him down pretty quick.

Agreed. ^^

Tiyr
Jun 10, 2008, 12:56 AM
As for my dislikes, I don't like traps that you are forced to be trapped by. Coming to mind are switches necessary to proceed trapped by the ruins traps. There's no way to proceed without getting hit by those, and they hurt

They only hurt if you're soloing =P

Niloklives
Jun 10, 2008, 01:14 AM
dont like it at all. its dark nest with a lame end boss. I'd say somthing nice about the rares, but its the same as MAG and I'm so burnt out on mag this mission just adds insult to injury.

I dont recall any of those. you dont mean the pink keys do you? cause those you can hit.

mvffin
Jun 10, 2008, 02:19 AM

for the first one, get behind the switch before you press it, and then step backwards, go to the right and hug the wall on your way out. I only get trapped about 1/5 times now by doing that.

the second one, I ALWAYS get trapped, but I've seen other ppl go in there and not get hit by it. I don't know how they do it.

Talwraith
Jun 10, 2008, 02:52 AM
for the first one, get behind the switch before you press it, and then step backwards, go to the right and hug the wall on your way out. I only get trapped about 1/5 times now by doing that.

the second one, I ALWAYS get trapped, but I've seen other ppl go in there and not get hit by it. I don't know how they do it.

If you're solo, it's just fancy footwork, however, if you've got someone else with you, whoever's on the button should stay on the button until the switch flipper gets back out. As long as the gate button is held down, the traps won't trigger.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 10, 2008, 03:36 AM
Falz: "You're finally here!"
Jife: "And you are?"
Falz: "Dark Falz. Da-ru-ku Fa-ru-zu! I was the 4th stage boss in the last game, but I've managed to get a new job! And with that said, sorry, but this is as far as you go. Prepare yourself!"
Jife: "Oh, I'm so sorry. I've no interest in a boss that I (and countless other heroes)'ve stepped on already, nor a character model as plain as yours. But congratulations on the new job. The person that hired you must have very unusual taste or poor vision."
Falz: "Tch. I don't expect to verbally win against a player character like you. I'll defeat you with my fighting skills! I'm not the same dark god as before. Now I'm Dark Falz version 8! I always get the hex I'm aiming for!"

(Gunner + Majarra + kiting boss + environment always in motion SHOULD = this)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Jifremok/castleoffailzigamidone.jpg
*twenty seconds to five minutes later...*

Jife: "Did you think you could beat me with your skills?"
Falz: "Ugh..."
Jife: "Didn't you realize you were demoted when you were a reskin of a remake? You're so stupid."
Falz: "Y-you're a bully!"

dont like it at all. its dark nest with a lame end boss. I'd say somthing nice about the rares, but its the same as MAG and I'm so burnt out on mag this mission just adds insult to injury.

I dont recall any of those. you dont mean the pink keys do you? cause those you can hit.

He means those box traps that fall from the ceiling. They're fine pieces of art, really. Retarded Trap Design is (or was) a pretty popular style. Notiz how ze trapz cannot be destroyed, and when you get under zem, yoo ztop in plaze zo yoo juzt take ze hit. (Okay, enough retarded attempts at sounding French.) Really, being forced to stop right under a trap (THAT YOU CANNOT DESTROY DESPITE ITS EXPLODEY NATURE!) and not even having a Wile E Coyote sort of pose is just retarded. The bottom of the box..well, actually has a bottom that goes right through you. That's just stupid graphic design there.

Iduno
Jun 10, 2008, 03:57 AM

just activate any PA that has a bit of a wind up and hits 3 times after pressing the button, bogga zubba's a good one

It destroys the trap FROM THE INSIDE ^_^

Maskim
Jun 10, 2008, 05:39 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Jifremok/castleoffailzigamidone.jpg
*twenty seconds to five minutes later...*

You must be referring to the picture. I've been just staring at it, utterly mezmerized for the past 5 minutes. I can't figure out what the f it is, and it's quite aesthetically unpleasing...but I just can't stop looking at it.

Weeaboolits
Jun 10, 2008, 06:13 AM
I'm wondering how long this mission will stay run, I know people kind of hate Rykros, but if you haven't already, take a look at Falz's drop chart for this mission:

http://psupedia.info/The_Dark_God

RemiusTA
Jun 10, 2008, 11:16 AM
I actually think Ryukros is one of the coolest stages in this game. Save for the ugly music.

Level design is visually appeasing.

Weeaboolits
Jun 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
I rather like the look as well, the swirling petals are cool, but I hate the lag they cause.

Vent
Jun 10, 2008, 11:35 AM
Handsdown the best normal lobby (so no Guardians Branch missions) mission till now. I only did it once though, but planning to run it with my friend.

Anyone care to explain how those buttons work? One seems to disappear if you push the other. The warp we got twice just warped you a bit back. I guess each time it's randomized which button you should push?