PDA

View Full Version : AotI FOI: new method of locating implemented?

Cracka_J
Jun 10, 2008, 07:58 AM
OK, I'll start off by saying I know the jist of what happened with the release notes last week....(or as far as was reported on the forums). If you don't remember, the jp site was updated with information regarding the method change to finding FOI would be implemented with the PA rebalance. Espio then confirmed this with RubyEclipse. Later (like a day) the info was removed off the jp site, and we were kinda left hanging as to whether or not (likely not) that the change was being added. So we're all like ok, we got PA rebalance, forget about FOI and let's level stoof.

Anyway, I've been running DG with about 4-5 of my usual friends I play with consistently since friday. We usually do around 10-20 runs before people veer off into other things, but we have got quite a few FOI since friday and have noticed a few things.

-Though we still disband and each look for FOI, nobody has landed it except for the party leader of the previously run mission.
-When playing with more people (4+2npc or 5+1npc) we have seen a higher encounter rate for FOI.

I mean this is a string of likely 100+ runs, and I'd like to say we scored about 1/10 of that in FOI runs (~10 runs), all going to the party leader of the previous DG run. The odds of this happening with the previous FOI finding method are very unlikely...and this sounds VERY much like the change that Ruby had discussed implementing.

I'd bet (knowing sega's recent track record) that it was something that was going to be implemented, as the JP page said, and they made a last minute change to remove it from the update....but for whatever reason, it was still implemented.

Again, I'm not sure if this is just stupid luck for the party leader, or if this change is in. I'm interested in knowing what FOI encounters people have experienced since friday...as I'm betting they're likely the same as ours.

r00tabaga
Jun 10, 2008, 08:55 AM
My brother called me up last night b/c he got it after playing just one Moatoob mission, but I was at dinner & wasn't able to join him. It was the 1st time he found FOI and he was doing Moatoob just to try and find it. You can get it anywhere like DG (Rycross) though right?

Ezodagrom
Jun 10, 2008, 09:01 AM
My brother called me up last night b/c he got it after playing just one Moatoob mission, but I was at dinner & wasn't able to join him. It was the 1st time he found FOI and he was doing Moatoob just to try and find it. You can get it anywhere like DG (Rycross) though right?

You can only get FOI on Moatoob.
There's also going to be Fires of Illusion or Caves or whatever on Neudaiz and Mines of Illusion on Parum, but those have only been released on the jp version.

Micro
Jun 10, 2008, 09:09 AM
Sounds like something SEGA would do, lol.

But to contribute, I've been in a few FOI parties since the update and I do believe the previous runs leader was the one with the mission available.

r00tabaga
Jun 10, 2008, 09:10 AM
thx Ezo, I was gonna ask that next. You must be a Newman. They have exta sensory perseption or something like that!

Powder Keg
Jun 10, 2008, 09:15 AM

You can get FOI after completing any mission on any planet. But you have to check on Moatoob, obviously.

Maybe I should run a few moatoob missions and see for myself if this change is in effect. o.o

Middle
Jun 10, 2008, 09:17 AM
After PA rebalance me and a friend run awoken sepent. I was leader and she got FoI... so your leader had a good day in finding this mission!
you can get Forest of Illusion on Maotoob only but the mission you have to do to let it appear have not to be on moatoob...

me and three other ppl ran scarred planet ... after finishing it we decide to go to moatoob to farm PA Frags in Valley of Carnage... when we travel to Moatoob one of these ppl shouted: "I got it ... I got FoI ... !!!"

so but if you start another mission altough you should have gotten FoI on a Moatoob Counter , it will dissappear!

stupid name thing: DG = Desert Goliath & DG = The Dark God
FoI = Forest of Illusion & FoI = Fires of Illusion

Cracka_J
Jun 10, 2008, 09:35 AM
yea, by DG I meant desert goliath...
I forgot we now have dark god as well.

we're gonna keep experimenting with this, afaik we have not seen anyone outside party leader get the mission. I want to be 100% positive, as it was quite a large number of times he was landing the mission, and many more times I was running FOI in a day then what seemed the norm. we'll see.

Rambo!
Jun 10, 2008, 09:43 AM
Being the person who got the FOI with cracka in those runs I can say I believe it was already implemented and it does sound like sega for doing that. Who cares though it was a good thing for a change