PDA

View Full Version : custom soundtracks

r00tabaga
Jun 10, 2008, 11:33 AM
...just curious if anyone else uses the 360's music as BGM for this game. My brother uses Conan the Barbarian and I use an assortment of John Williams & LotR that I've loaded in there.........makes the game feel more "pumped" for me and sets the tone better IMO.
Anyone....anyone.....Bueller..............Bueller. ..........

Darkhaven
Jun 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
Of course. I use assorted video games music. Tales of the Abyss, Final Fantasy, anything that's not PSU :P. Outside of that, I throw in the hyped up rock music. Nothing beats slashing a legion of creatures to death while listening to "Attack!" by 30 Seconds To Mars :D

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
I listen to music from Sega CD and Saturn or I listen to Sonic the Hedgehog vocal tracks. I ripped the Sega tunes myself from the game discs (besides Sonic).

My "Club Sega" playlist on the 360 includes music from:

Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (SAT)
Gundam Gaiden I (SAT)
Gundam Gaiden II (SAT)
Last Bronx (SAT)
Lunar: Silver Star (SCD)
SEGA Touring Car Championship (PC)
Shining Force CD (SCD)
Shining Force III (SAT)
Sonic Jam (SAT)
Steep Slope Sliders (SAT)
Battle Arena Toshinden (SAT) -- note: game is crap, but the music wins
Zeta Gundam I (SAT)

Realmz
Jun 10, 2008, 12:04 PM
oddly enough Grandia II music works very well with the game.

Normally i've got Grandia II, persona 3, the Wicked Soundtrack playing on iTunes while i play
(no i'm not on 360 but i feel i should have my say anyway blaah!)

when ever i get into a boss fight i change the track to DangerousZone from Grandia

r00tabaga
Jun 10, 2008, 12:12 PM
AWESOME! Where can I find a Grandia CD. Did you rip it off the net?

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 10, 2008, 12:16 PM
AWESOME! Where can I find a Grandia CD. Did you rip it off the net?

It came with the Dreamcast version.

DarkDeception
Jun 10, 2008, 12:18 PM
I like to listen to Tohou music while playing with a mix of Wangan midnight maximum thrown in. Of course a large assortment of J-Pop. But I play on the PC so it's easier to have a large collection and change it on the go.

Lyric
Jun 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
I have quite a few play lists I switch between on my PC while playing. I seldom listen to the in-game music anymore. It's a pretty nuckin futs ensemble. Going from Rammstein, to Enigma, to Hanz Zimmer. Not to mention tracks from Mega Man, Star Ocean, and other great games.

:P

Rust
Jun 10, 2008, 01:11 PM
My laptop is now quite poor so playing music on Winamp while button mashing on PSU get some impacts on the CPU performances. Hence, i made something like 30 .adx themed packs that i switch from whenever i want. Not only my laptop is being better with that option, but also i can actually have a pace of change while the tracks i want to hear being bound to a specific PSU location or boss and having it looping like any video game tracks.
The packs are going from Baten Kaitos or Phantasy Star Online to F-Zero GX or Devil May Cry, including some j-music, metal or electro tunes themed pack. Currently, i'm using a Sonic Heroes pack. Most of the tracks in that game are pretty catchy, save the awful opening theme ST dared inflicting us for the Sonic Anniversary Celebration last year...

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
Run a media server on computer.
Access media server from Xbox 360.
Play on shuffle.

Ryosuke_Kura
Jun 10, 2008, 01:45 PM
I do listen to other music while playing PSU, but I don't play it off
the 360.
I just open iTunes up and play it off my laptop.

r00tabaga
Jun 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
I thought that an "epic" soundtrack like the ones I use would fit more but I like some of the ones that I've read here. Unfortunately I think I will be unable to get some of the cool game tracks from my old DC favorites that you guys mentioned. :(

A2K
Jun 10, 2008, 03:08 PM
I actually use the in-game soundtrack more often than not. But when it's "not" I just shuffle and stream tracks from my computer.

furrypaws
Jun 10, 2008, 03:20 PM
I mainly use ingame, but I very rarely listen to Phoenix Wright music. It has absolutely no relevance to the style of PSU whatsoever, but Phoenix Wright music is pretty cool.

S.T.K
Jun 10, 2008, 03:23 PM
i listen to alot of Underground Hip Hop music...
MURS, MF DOOM, Kanye West, Del, stuff like that..

i know thats kinda irrelevent to the game, but at least i got some to bob my head to while im doin these missions

lokey013
Jun 10, 2008, 11:07 PM
Usually depends on my mood....but I have a videogame soundtrack that plays with it when I feel more adventurous....when my roomies are about to go to sleep I usually put on something more mellow...or dance music hah =P

Shou
Jun 11, 2008, 12:03 AM
Not to be rude or anything but how is Kanye West underground? >.>

He is one of the most mainstream artists of our generation.

Syl
Jun 11, 2008, 12:18 AM
I have like 900 or so songs on my PSU playlist, half of it being VGM/anime and the other stuff being what I usually listen to (melodic death metal, techno, and assorted drum n bass).

I found anything from Chaos Legions OST works really well with PSU.

Zantra
Jun 11, 2008, 12:35 AM
PSO soundtracks...

And, some other bands.

Raiza
Jun 11, 2008, 06:43 AM
I listen to James Brown while playing, usually.

S.T.K
Jun 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
uuuuuhhh. yeah he could be considered underground bro..

ever heard of CRS(kanye, Pharrell, and Lupes group)??
yeah.. didnt think so

mixtapes = Underground music

r00tabaga
Jun 11, 2008, 01:36 PM
I don't know who CRS is but Kanye West & Pharrell are about as underground as Elvis. Green Lantern is my fav' underground when it comes to mix tapes............but not for PSU, but that's just me. How can I get my hands on a PSO CD???!!!!!????

AlphaDragoon
Jun 11, 2008, 02:08 PM
...I just changed all the terrible in-game music that I hated (like say, the HIVE theme) to Blue Burst music in the game data.

There a FAQ on how to do it on the official PSU forums, if anyone's interested.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=33142

And yeah, it's perfectly fine to do it, the GMs said it breaks no rules (since you only change it for yourself).