PDA

View Full Version : Online Story Missions

S.T.K
Jun 10, 2008, 04:31 PM
Are they worth doing??

i started doing them the other day, iv finished about 4 of em..
And it got me thinkin.. "Why exactly am i doin this"
i mean i could be out hunting for a Psyco Wand of somethin else

Do these missions actually have a purpose or give you anything good?

Lyric
Jun 10, 2008, 04:37 PM
Partner cards, for one. If you want the NPC's to be able to join you, that is.

MiniBrian
Jun 10, 2008, 04:49 PM
they can also give u PA frags and some good items

Middle
Jun 10, 2008, 04:53 PM
partnercards and on A rank , frags and posters ...
but i liked ep 1 more because of the render-cutscenes instead of reading 1 hour to fight monsters for 50 secs...

ThePendragon
Jun 10, 2008, 04:54 PM
10 PA frags for every SRank on A Runs.

Traize
Jun 10, 2008, 05:29 PM
Plus the story, which although slow at first, actually gets pretty decent towards the end of Episode II & through into III...

Well, I think its pretty cool...

When the whole "Guardians Colony Crash"/Dalgun sacrifice/Laia takes over stuff got thrown in there it really picked up for me, I'm really looking forward to each new story mission...

White_Mage
Jun 10, 2008, 05:48 PM
it gives you something else to do instead of runnign the same boring mission every couple of mins.

it is also very interesting for some reason :P

SonicTMP
Jun 10, 2008, 06:07 PM
Defiently worth it. Though I wish you could speed thur the cutscenes a bit more. I had a good laugh at the Lou subplot last night.

Traize
Jun 11, 2008, 02:16 AM
Oooh, heres a good one...

Fulyen Curtz's partner card! *squeals with glee*

landman
Jun 11, 2008, 06:26 AM
If you are not interested in the story and you don't need PA fragments then I don't think it is worth anything.

Golto
Jun 11, 2008, 09:24 AM
We'll eventually get a story mission with a new monster that can drop blackbulls made on A. I think that is enough incentive to play ep3 story missions for gunners.

Darius_Drake
Jun 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
I think it is worth it. I would just limit it to two episodes a day. If you are a high enough level that will be 20 quick pa frags and it can take the edge off of doing the same old missions over and over again.

ErtaiClou
Jun 11, 2008, 01:25 PM
Suprisingly I find a lot more goldania in A rank story missions, so it doesn't always feel like a complete waste of time.

S.T.K
Jun 11, 2008, 01:31 PM
it gives you something else to do instead of runnign the same boring mission every couple of mins.

it is also very interesting for some reason :P

True...
Cuz all my friends wanna do is SLeeping Warriors S2 lookin for Psyco Wands(which i cant even use >.>)

i guess ima keep doin em

Shinko
Jun 11, 2008, 04:43 PM
Plus the story, which although slow at first, actually gets pretty decent towards the end of Episode II & through into III...

Well, I think its pretty cool...

When the whole "Guardians Colony Crash"/Dalgun sacrifice/Laia takes over stuff got thrown in there it really picked up for me, I'm really looking forward to each new story mission...

yea i feel the same this is where i started getting into it. Though i wish there was more cutscenes and you could walk around talking to ppl like on episode 1... it could be in a different uni from where ppl are.... it would of been must better that way

(maybe it's just because a story is a BIG part to a game to me)

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
The storytelling in this game leaves a lot to be desired. I tried the story mode and the online story missions. Dropped both within an hour.

Shinko
Jun 11, 2008, 04:51 PM
But you know if segac really wanted to give ppl motivation to play story missions they should release new weapons or items (that's worth it) that's only in story mode (not only posters i mean something ppl would really like)

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 04:56 PM
But you know if segac really wanted to give ppl motivation to play story missions they should release new weapons or items (that's worth it) that's only in story mode (not only posters i mean something ppl would really like)

I think the story should be the main reason you play the story mode. Coercing us into playing what seems to be the secondary aspect of this game by leaving a trail of bread crumbs will only lead to players bitterly enduring the story missions for the items.

Shinko
Jun 11, 2008, 05:01 PM
I think the story should be the main reason you play the story mode. Coercing us into playing what seems to be the secondary aspect of this game by leaving a trail of bread crumbs will only lead to players bitterly enduring the story missions for the items.

Well it's like that now. i mean really most ppl only go to story mode to get them posters for the The Clothier items.....

If want to go that route they should of did much more for the story mode (it's just to bland)

SonicTMP
Jun 11, 2008, 06:36 PM

It's not hard to put good rewards into storymode. All they have to do is make them 1 time items. And base them on certian levels of when you should be doing story mode. That way you can take your char in for a chapater or two and come out with a couple nice items to help you along the path of mob genocide.

Better than waiting till 100+ to tackle everything just cause you want quick PA frags.

Traize
Jun 12, 2008, 01:02 AM
I'd agree that the story isn't done with spectacular panache, but there are many things about it that I like, in particular the way in which your character comes to prominence in a story that was all about Ethan.

Of course, it could have been done so much better, & the ability to have played with one or two friends would have been awesome.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 12, 2008, 01:43 AM
I'd agree that the story isn't done with spectacular panache, but there are many things about it that I like, in particular the way in which your character comes to prominence in a story that was all about Ethan.

Of course, it could have been done so much better, & the ability to have played with one or two friends would have been awesome.

Yeah, but Guardian only travel in a small group consisting of 2 or 3

Traize
Jun 12, 2008, 03:01 AM
I appreciate that, I never said it would fit, just that it would have been nice to have it be a little more "online" all things considered...