PDA

View Full Version : Universe 18, Lucky buying place marrige??

The_Great_Sebrof56
Jun 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
My friends are losers. They are getting married in the game, then meeting in real life, never seeing each other before, and getting married. What kind of losers! Sage is marring them right now, and everyone is spamming up the place. Oh and holy light matronomy!!! ITs fun, but is this loser-ish or not??

Niloklives
Jun 10, 2008, 06:46 PM
I think its more loserish to ask other people if something is loserish.

it doesn't effect you. let it go

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 06:48 PM
Sounds like the beginning of train wreck. I'm jaded though. Don't listen to me. :P

Niloklives
Jun 10, 2008, 06:53 PM
which is why its better to let it go >_> last thing we need is a rant from anyone (including myself) on how people are lonely and font know themselves much less each other and ...wait

*cough* anyway its just better to leave it be

Etherealrose
Jun 10, 2008, 07:13 PM
hey, what can one say. there are many ways to find love ^_^ it's kinda cute hehe

PekingDuck13
Jun 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
Pics?

Ryosuke_Kura
Jun 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
My response for this topic = muffled laughing.

chaoskila
Jun 10, 2008, 07:39 PM
sounds fun lol
[the women turns out to be a boy in real life lol]

Katrina
Jun 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
A fake in game marriage? I don't see a big deal. If they've never met in real life and are getting married for reals that's a bit.. odd. I don't know the circumstances so I'll leave it at that.

furrypaws
Jun 10, 2008, 07:48 PM
I've heard of it before. It seems a bit strange, but, hey, love is love. I don't see much of a difference from the huge dating sites and this...besides the fact that this is an MMO.

And what's it matter if they've never seen eachother fact to face? At least they know eachother. On the otherside of the hemisphere, marriages are staged.

Although, yes, I'll admit it is a tad bit silly getting married on an online game.

Maskim
Jun 10, 2008, 07:56 PM
It's like a spin on an old favorite.

What's better than getting married in an online game?

Not being retarded.

Ithildin
Jun 10, 2008, 07:57 PM
Goin to the chapel and we're gonna get married... MARRIED!!!!??? Gah! Noooo! Won't catch me with a trouble and strife! Well lets be fair, you don't need a piece of paper to tell you that you have signed your life away! JK, I think its quite sweet really. If a little strange. Hasn't this happened before on PSO?

RemiusTA
Jun 10, 2008, 07:59 PM

Epically since the word "loserish" is oh so lame.

In reality though, calling them stupid or retarded for getting married over a videogame is just like calling marriage in some countries stupid or retarded. You know, like in Iran, where you cant see the face of the woman you're marrying? Or the general shape of her body?

LuigiMario
Jun 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
Sounds like the beginning of train wreck. I'm jaded though. Don't listen to me. :P

You are the mo9st negative operson on this forum and most oikoy despressed as well

Kylie
Jun 10, 2008, 08:36 PM

it doesn't effect you. let it go
I concur. The marriage is probably just for fun, and the meeting up is none of your business (at least they plan on meeting face to face as you put it). If the wedding isn't just a mock, then that's a little strange, I admit, but who are we to judge if it doesn't affect us?

Rambo!
Jun 10, 2008, 08:51 PM
wait till they find out its 2 men then things will get funny

Maskim
Jun 10, 2008, 09:08 PM
Epically since the word "loserish" is oh so lame.

In reality though, calling them stupid or retarded for getting married over a videogame is just like calling marriage in some countries stupid or retarded. You know, like in Iran, where you cant see the face of the woman you're marrying? Or the general shape of her body?

It is. It's also stupid in cultures where you do see and know the person too. It's just an outdated and unneeded social and financial contract. That, however, is a rant for another time.

In all honesty, the folks saying to let it go, because it doesn't matter, are correct. It really doesn't effect you, so, meh. People will do what they will do.

That's not to say we aren't entitled to poke fun at them though. ;)

afterthoughtz
Jun 10, 2008, 09:08 PM

Hahaha you know it, thats happened before i'm sure

Zorafim
Jun 10, 2008, 09:52 PM
Two people meet in a game. They like each other, in game. They get married in the game. Now they're a couple, in game.
Unless you're treating this like the duelists do in Yugioh, I hardly see the problem. Hell, some people have even found good irl friends (I wish I had better notation than that...) by meeting them online.
I will prove my worth by beating you at a children's card game!

And yeah, you really are more of a nerd complaining on a message board than your friend is for being involved in an event in an online game.

xBladeM6x
Jun 10, 2008, 09:57 PM
The fact that you care to make fun of people in love is the "loserish" thing to me. It has nothing to do with you, therefore your opinion mean absolutely nothing.

Only reason mine would matter is because the day the lobbies came out, i got fake Psu married to my REAL girlfriend. But still meant something. (:o My Girlfriend plays games Oh Nooooezzz!)

Arika
Jun 10, 2008, 10:08 PM
(:o My Girlfriend plays games Oh Nooooezzz!)

hmm.. so.. female can't play game?

Stryker Diaz
Jun 10, 2008, 10:17 PM
I like the whole idea of it all ;3 gives us something new and different, let get hitched instead of doing Gay Beast for the 100th time xD

xBladeM6x
Jun 10, 2008, 10:26 PM
hmm.. so.. female can't play game?

No no, I'm making fun of people who think that it's weird for a girl to play games.

Rust
Jun 10, 2008, 10:44 PM
Two people meet in a game. They like each other, in game. They get married in the game. Now they're a couple, in game.
Unless you're treating this like the duelists do in Yugioh, I hardly see the problem. Hell, some people have even found good irl friends (I wish I had better notation than that...) by meeting them online.
I will prove my worth by beating you at a children's card game!

And yeah, you really are more of a nerd complaining on a message board than your friend is for being involved in an event in an online game.

Zorafim is right. I made a few very good friends on PSU and some other online games. Most are french like me, but also one or two US/UK ones. Some don't play PSU anymore since almost a whole year and we're still in touch by other means. So why not people loving each other ?
Regarding what i witnessed in other people, love doesn't involve physical appearance only, you know (though it's still included in it), so i don't see what's more wrong about falling in love with someone on another game than dating over the internet, or even more than making close friends on said game.

Well, on that particular case, if they really decided to marry in real life without having ever met in real life,i 'd think it's a bit silly. Relationship over a distance isn't the same at all as living with someone for the rest of your life, you have to know in what you're going to be involved before making decisions like that, in my opinion. But that's their life, they do what they want anyways.

MaximusLight
Jun 11, 2008, 12:05 AM
And now I remember Parn...

DoubleJG
Jun 11, 2008, 01:01 AM
Let them enjoy their lives. Maybe you don't like the concept of enjoying in-game events, but it sounds like your friend sure does. How they decide to go about their love isn't really anybody else's business but theirs.

Maskim
Jun 11, 2008, 01:07 AM
And now I remember Parn...

Ha! Parn was great! Creepy...but great.

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 05:43 AM
No no, I'm making fun of people who think that it's weird for a girl to play games.

like on cod4 lol and halo3

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 05:44 AM
i met my lover on a game we have been dating for a few years now :) i visit her often

chaoskila
Jun 11, 2008, 05:46 AM
there was a psu baby lol
they met on psu and met each other and had a baby =]

but i dont think geting married in a game is bad just kinda ehhh funny?

Niloklives
Jun 11, 2008, 06:29 AM
someone brought up a valid point.

if you're going to criticize people for developing a romantic relationship in a video game, you're really criticizing meeting over the internet as a whole...dating sites and all that....some of you may find that easier than others.

really if both parties are honest with eachother I dont see the harm in it. there are a lot of people you may never meet if not for the net. sometimes these people live in your own town.

personally I think staging a wedding could be considered a little hokey...but to each their own. if they're enjoy themselves and not harming others, why get down on them?

Cracka_J
Jun 11, 2008, 07:24 AM

2 guys 1 cup?

The_Great_Sebrof56
Jun 12, 2008, 10:48 PM
I would like a deletion on this thread PLOX???

The_Great_Sebrof56
Jun 12, 2008, 10:48 PM
I did not make this thread, my friend got my account and made alot of unknown posts.

I would like a deletion on this thread PLOX???

Retehi
Jun 12, 2008, 11:02 PM
2 guys 1 cup?

awww man that's nasty.

Kerry157
Jun 13, 2008, 01:05 AM
You are correct. Your friends are losers. Most people who play PSU are losers though.

Zekester
Jun 13, 2008, 01:44 AM
Will you marry me?

redroses
Jun 13, 2008, 07:26 AM
I met my fiance over a forum we started chatting and became very good friends. Than one day he came to germany to visit all of his friends including me and we totally fell in love lol. And yeah, and in about 2 months he will be moving too me *dances*

All I can see problematic with this is that they never saw eachother face to face or anything like that. And a lot of things can change or be different if you really meet the person than and spend some time with them. =o

Ami~
Jun 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
in my opinion I think it's kinda cute to do something like that lol. it's one thing if an online relationship is only purely "text" cause that to me leaves a lot of sketchyness in the air. it's a completely different thing if it then moves onto phone/voicechat/webcam chat as you can see them and hear their voice. at that point in my opinion i would call it a "long distance" relationship. i'll use myself as an example here

i met my boyfriend on ventrilo(voice chat program) and we hit it off very well, then after a little bit we moved onto video chat. and after 5 months of being in a long distance relationship, he is coming to visit me in august!! ^^

Innominate
Jun 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
I've taken to calling Uni 18 the PSU romance universe since there seems to be a lot of it there from what I can tell. Uni 18 being my home Uni. I also look at things like this, love is where you find it. i've also read plenty of accounts of people meeting in an online game and ultimately ending up happy together IRL.

DoubleJG
Jun 13, 2008, 01:56 PM
in my opinion I think it's kinda cute to do something like that lol. it's one thing if an online relationship is only purely "text" cause that to me leaves a lot of sketchyness in the air. it's a completely different thing if it then moves onto phone/voicechat/webcam chat as you can see them and hear their voice. at that point in my opinion i would call it a "long distance" relationship. i'll use myself as an example here

i met my boyfriend on ventrilo(voice chat program) and we hit it off very well, then after a little bit we moved onto video chat. and after 5 months of being in a long distance relationship, he is coming to visit me in august!! ^^

Mmhmm, mmhmm. :)

I've taken to calling Uni 18 the PSU romance universe since there seems to be a lot of it there from what I can tell. Uni 18 being my home Uni. I also look at things like this, love is where you find it. i've also read plenty of accounts of people meeting in an online game and ultimately ending up happy together IRL.

That's where me and my girlfriend play! Always have, always will~

Frog
Jun 13, 2008, 02:50 PM
You are correct. Your friends are losers. Most people who play PSU are losers though.
That is why I play PSO!!!

j/k

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 02:52 PM
I don't see anything wrong with getting married online on an MMO, let alone having an online relationship. It's how I met my boyfriend. ^^ I met him through here. <3 Love can be in the not so common or common places.