PDA

View Full Version : Best PM type

Hey12389
Jun 10, 2008, 10:35 PM
What is the best pm type as far as close ranged combat is concerned?

System-Id
Jun 10, 2008, 10:41 PM
GH 441 the armor
heals like crazy
and uses chamga :D
so the enemies are drawn to her insted of you :-P

darkante
Jun 10, 2008, 10:44 PM
I´m not really sure..but i feel though my GH 422 is kickass.
She is pretty aggresive and uses knuckles to beat the hell outta enemies, heals fairly often and can use the Sturm Buster SUV.

desturel
Jun 10, 2008, 11:17 PM
What is the best pm type as far as close ranged combat is concerned?

Are you doing the close ranged combat or did you want your PM to do the close ranged combat?

I like:

In that order.

Astarin
Jun 11, 2008, 12:22 AM
If you want your PM to engage in close-range combat, the 42X series is great. The 480 is also very good, but requires a high B stat.

If you're the one who is doing the close-range, you have more options. One of the above, if you want extra melee backup. One of the 44X or 43X if you want some bullet backup, or a 45X type if you want magical/technic/healing backup.

Andy1423
Jun 11, 2008, 10:09 AM
The BEST PM's for CLOSE combat are without a doubt are the 412 and 422 period.

I'm going to ahead and say that these models are just plain THE BEST PSU has to offer.

The 4X2 series are the Best at SUPPORT. WHY? :::::

The 4.2 series for some reaons has the internal writting protocal to "Sustain it's own LIFE/HP" Any time it reaches a critical point of HP it WILL cast resta, that is one of the best features of this series. Not to mention it seems to just get bored and cast RESta for tha hell of it. ALSO: the 4.2 series has the STURM suv, which solves the problem of the PM/NPC's missing their SUV 8/10 times. (note: sturm suv is area effect, no aiming required) So, sustains life, and has best SUV. Okay best support PM types 4.2 seires.

So 4.2 series rocks for support but what else matters?

FAST REACTION TIME:::::::::

The 412 and 422 also uniqly carry one more very importaint passive skill. AGGRESSION. These models will undoublty intercept incomming enemies, and do not hessitate to use the PA arts. Alsmost 100% of the time if the PM attacks with a PA art and it doesn't kill the target in one hit, it WILL use the second part of the PA (if it has a second part:::one of the 422's doesn't)

NOW HERE is the REAL question.....

WHICH PM IS BETTER the 412 or the 422:::::::::

After extensive research and experience with both models, I would have to say that it's just about 50 50. However, I give the 412 the award for best PM.

The 412 has all of the best AI features (as well as the 422), but what really make her slightly better IMO is that she uses Rising strike to attack most of time, WHICH stuns enemies or does knock-down, BUT I REALLY like her use of the sword. The sword recently got an undate which granted it one more target point. I also use Bruce, and just in their reqular attacks... when they swing their swords in tandam they cover sOoo much territory. It's like their "choppin' grass" BUT MORE IMPORTAINTLY, the 412's Sword PA creates a ton of movement around the map, and she does great damge in the porcess.

THAT is why I give the 412 the AWARD for best PM. (especially as a RANGER class)

.....but I highly recommend the 422, as she also does all of the above.

Apone
Jun 11, 2008, 10:39 AM
I love my 422 it all comes down to preference. I like how my combo count goes into the stratosphere when she fills in the gaps of my own attacks with hers. It becomes a merciless assault of your attacks and bogga danga. (and yes the 422 does finish bogga danga with the sommersault when shes particularly aggressive). Sometimes she'll freak out and do the rocket punch PA (cant remember name) over and over and that knocks over enemies plenty good as well. I would say for Mele class characters that the 422 is perfect as she pretty much adds hits to any attack or pa with her own and she has alot of attidude (Its hilarious when she screams out "carnage!"). Now for ranger classes probably not so much as an ideal partner, She kinda just stands there...

Andy1423
Jun 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
That's well put Apone. The 422 would deffinatly suit a Melee user. And your right is pretty much is down to preference... :D as long as you're talking about 412 and 422 :D

Apone
Jun 11, 2008, 10:44 AM
heck yeah

Iduno
Jun 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
GH 441 the armor
heals like crazy
and uses chamga :D
so the enemies are drawn to her insted of you :-P

I notice she only draws enemys away when you're trying to lvl a PA in a safe spot lol

Other than that the heals are handy but sometimes maliciously timed to be just after you've resorted to a mate or died waiting

(maybe my pm's just pissed off at me using it as a sheild against the De ragen's fireball all the time)

DarkEliteRico
Jun 11, 2008, 11:57 AM
The BEST PM's for CLOSE combat are without a doubt are the 412 and 422 period.

I'm going to ahead and say that these models are just plain THE BEST PSU has to offer.

The 4X2 series are the Best at SUPPORT. WHY? :::::

The 4.2 series for some reaons has the internal writting protocal to "Sustain it's own LIFE/HP" Any time it reaches a critical point of HP it WILL cast resta, that is one of the best features of this series. Not to mention it seems to just get bored and cast RESta for tha hell of it. ALSO: the 4.2 series has the STURM suv, which solves the problem of the PM/NPC's missing their SUV 8/10 times. (note: sturm suv is area effect, no aiming required) So, sustains life, and has best SUV. Okay best support PM types 4.2 seires.

So 4.2 series rocks for support but what else matters?

FAST REACTION TIME:::::::::

The 412 and 422 also uniqly carry one more very importaint passive skill. AGGRESSION. These models will undoublty intercept incomming enemies, and do not hessitate to use the PA arts. Alsmost 100% of the time if the PM attacks with a PA art and it doesn't kill the target in one hit, it WILL use the second part of the PA (if it has a second part:::one of the 422's doesn't)

NOW HERE is the REAL question.....

WHICH PM IS BETTER the 412 or the 422:::::::::

After extensive research and experience with both models, I would have to say that it's just about 50 50. However, I give the 412 the award for best PM.

The 412 has all of the best AI features (as well as the 422), but what really make her slightly better IMO is that she uses Rising strike to attack most of time, WHICH stuns enemies or does knock-down, BUT I REALLY like her use of the sword. The sword recently got an undate which granted it one more target point. I also use Bruce, and just in their reqular attacks... when they swing their swords in tandam they cover sOoo much territory. It's like their "choppin' grass" BUT MORE IMPORTAINTLY, the 412's Sword PA creates a ton of movement around the map, and she does great damge in the porcess.

THAT is why I give the 412 the AWARD for best PM. (especially as a RANGER class)

.....but I highly recommend the 422, as she also does all of the above.Couldn't agree with you more in why those two models work best in most situations. As a gunner i still prefer my 422/432 models more then the 412 though, but that's just my opinion

Andy1423
Jun 11, 2008, 03:16 PM
As a gunner i still prefer my 422/432 models more then the 412 though, but that's just my opinion

I used to use the 432. She's great! And as Far as I'm concered as long as you're using a 4x2 model you're probably going to get the best results/support.

If I had to place the Top 3 it would go

......and no, it has nothing to do with the numbers in order. lol :)

The only negative thing I have to say about the 432, which is pretty much why I don't use her anymore, is that in general the Ranger/Bullet attacking PM's need better AI. Thank god she has a crossbow, otherwise all of the ranged PM's would completly suck. TO CLAIRIFY, what I'm mean is that she basically doesn't react near as fast as the other 2. Her shot's are very powerful, something like ~400+ per bullet @ lvl21 so thats ~1,200 per shot. Very nice damage, however she just doen't use it as much. ALSO she losses her urge to use her crossbow on bosses.

If SEGA finally decides

A.) Make PM's equipable. (i.e. I find the obscure weapon selection to be okay, IF you could place that same weapon type with elemental% and grinds....(would be great for the econmy by the way- giving lower grade weapons only used by certain pm's greater value espically 10/10)

B.) Make the Ranged attacking PM's actually fire to a rate somewhat compairable to us. They just plain shoot SLOW!

If these issues were fixed I would have the 432 in a hearbeat with 10/10 Bulletmaster's Confusing everything and a 10/10 Cubo Dunga.

But it's unfortunatly not like this so I go with the 412. It's still a very arguable which pm is better 422, or 412. But from my expericence the 412 intercepts stragaling targets faster than the 422 or the 432 for that matter. To me this is the most important thing, that my PM is helping me out by attacking the things I'm not- or rather, attacking the enemies before they reach my laser/rifle post up. plus she sounds cute :)

desturel
Jun 11, 2008, 11:42 PM
The only negative thing I have to say about the 432, which is pretty much why I don't use her anymore, is that in general the Ranger/Bullet attacking PM's need better AI.

This is one of the reasons I prefer the 433 to the 432. It attacks more consistantly. The 432 will attack as long as you are in front of it. It shoots over your shoulder basically. The 433 attacks anything within a radius. It's more like the 422 in terms of how often it attacks. I'm not too worried about the SUV.