PDA

View Full Version : How PSO could be remade

Abashi76
Jun 11, 2008, 04:20 AM
First off, this would not be do-able on PS2, due to the lack of its hardrive. To start off, adding all the classic clothing, and bringing back a large handful of the weapons would be a good thing.

Some of the levels have been redone already, appearing randomly. The next step would be to make a special even (called a VR flashback event) at the Guardian's HQ that would remix the classic PSO game. Once the quest has been started, players will enter the old city that was made before. The NPCs there would be remade from the last game. All the stages and enemies will be prevalent, without replacing them with similar counterparts from PSU; more enemies are needed anyway. Also, it would drop only items from PSO, including PSO rares.

----------------

FOREST:

Divided into two blocks, emulating both Forest 1 and Forest 2. The second stage will have a rain effect, as of before, while the first stage will have sunny weather, and won't share a part of the building. Perhaps there should be extra areas added, since its much shorter than the others. On S-rank it'll be evening.

ENEMIES:

Boomas: Already have been made, just throw them in. Their S-rank/Ultimate models will have to be remade. Remember, the Tollaw is different, kinda like a Grass Assassin.

Rag Rappy: Take the yellow rare rappy, its already made, throw it in, but it'll drop shitty items and be easier to kill. The rare version will have blue feathers as always. The S-rank/Ultimate version will need remodeling.

Wolves: There are two different types, but one can be given a slightly different Hue, and if the leader dies, they do their howl, and debuff themselves. The leader wold, would have a crown (1/2 damage) and other special effects, of course. New models will be needed, since they have not been made. Luckily, there are already enemies that act like them.

Hildebear: There are already enemies like them, just remove the crest on the back and change its hue to be like the original. Re-add the crest for Hildetor on S-rank.

Monest/Mothmant: This is unique, no PSU enemy spawns other monsters, from what I know of. There aren't any annoying insects either, nor any models that like like any of these. It'll be hard to add to remake as a result. On S-rank, the evolved Monest will only need a hue change, but the evolved Mothmants will need different models.

Dragon: Just take De Ragon, its already a remake of that boss. On S-rank, it'll have a blue hue and spit out ice. The ice dragon could be used for other PSU missions, so its not a waste to make it. Oh wait ... it digs, I guess just add that ability and give it a browner hue.

CAVE:

Split into three large blocks. Much have Cave 1 has already been made, but Caves 2 & 3 will need to be made too. This will be the hardest to make, since all the stages are very different from the others, meaning many more rooms and places to make and decorate, as well as many more rock textures. Caves 2 & 3 would receive different hue colors on S-rank. Perhaps these levels should have different layouts to make them more fun.

ENEMIES:

Sharks: They'll need new models, for all stages. They act just like the Boomas though.

Grass Assassin: Already made. The S-rank ultimate version can get a hue change to red, and be given a high level Dambarta spell instead of its strings. Weakening the stats a bit may be needed to make them more like in the original game, but not that easy.

Pan Arms: Totally unique ... !

Nano Dragon: Plenty like them, just needs a new skin.

Lilies: Needs new models, but already act like some of the existing enemies, like that one in Ryokos. They would bury and relocate unlike before, and unlike other enemies, would stun those that attack them at close range.

Slimes: Totally unique, remember that techs split them > this can include elemental weapons and photon arts.

De Rol Le: Although there has been a remake, its not like the old boss, and this game needs new boss types anyway. Remake it like the old boss, and slightly modify the name of the new PSU version. Remember it has tenticles that attacks, does not fly, and techs can hit multiple segments of its body.

MINES:

The first stage was remade, but the second stage will need rustier textures, and a hue change on S-rank. This level wouldn't be too hard to remake, but completing all the enemies will be very hard ...

ENEMIES:

Gillchic: There aren't enemies like them already, so two more unique models would be needed. Lots of programming will be need for the Dubchic, since they perminantly die once their switch is gone.

Canadine: A brand new type of enemy for PSU, if it were to be remade.

Sinows: Shinowa Hidoki is kinda like them. Some remodeling would be needed to emulate the old enemy. Don't forget, they jump, and one of them BUFFs.

Garanz: Obviously, this has to be remade, to fire missiles, and place traps.

Vol Opt: A new type of boss.

RUINS:

The first stage was remade, but the other two still have to be remade. A lot of skins present already, could be used for the other two stages. Falz's grave has been remade as well.

ENEMIES:

Dimenians: Delsaban kinda reminds me of them. However, the yellow middle out to be colored blue and red and glow more. Their photons will have to change colors as well. There was this enemy kinda like it, that could be modified for their evolved stages.

Claws: They'll all have to be remade from scratch.

Belras: Once again, remade from scratch.

Gunners: Ibid.

Delsaber: Already like one of them, but it'll need a new model, faster speed, and a sheild on one side.

Sorcerer: There are enemies like them, just needs a new model.

Chaos Bringer: There are some somewhat like them, but a new model is needed, and it carries a rifle that drains other players' TP. Since PP is used instead, it'll drain HP instead.

Darvants: A new thing, comes with the boss of course.

Dark Falz: That fish, NO WAY!!! Time to remake it, and save the last form for A and S ranks.

VR Temple:

Wait, remake EP2 too? Sure, this game needs Jungle/Beach/Sealab levels anyway. It can use the current oriental themed textures instead, but with the old layout. That'll look kinda kool and arty.

BOSS:

Barba Ray: It acts like the PSU's dark falz, just use remodels for it, and its Pig Rays.

VR Spaceship:

Use the linear platform/Guardian space base textures, but with the level layout. Change its sky views for the different stages.

BOSS:

Gol Dragon: A black version of De Ragnus, that spits out lightning. The only hard part about it, is adding an ability to duplicate.

Central Control Area:

Since levels like these are need anyway, these stages can be given new layouts and used elsewhere on PSU. There is already a beach area, so at least that won't be so hard. The other areas will be more difficult to make. Forget about Control Tower, well maybe add it later ...

ENEMIES:

Gee: They kinda act like the moths, but have a new model.

Merillia: Another enemy type to make.

Gibbons: They act like the wolf enemies, but have very different models.

Sinows: Another type of Sinow to make ...

Mini Bosses: More new types of enemies, would it be worth it to remake them? Well, more large enemies my be nice to have. Actually, I don't think they are worth remaking. Just take some huge enemies from PSU that are somewhat similar. They only appear once anyway, and they aren't that enjoyable. Besides, Ep2 isn't really classic PSO. Though with all the trouble, might as well remake those too.

BOSS: Maybe use that annoying flying guy from Moatoob, and give a new field. Although, might as well remake all the bosses, putting all this effort and all..

Seabed:

There are already textures available that would work, it would be cool to have this, and have a view of the ocean, a much cooler one than in PSO.

ENEMIES:

Dolmdarl: New enemy type with a new model. They would be cool to see elsewhere in PSU, as is many other of the Ep2 enemies.

Morfos: Pretty kool to have around, just plug them in, their kinda like those traps, but their enemies.

Recon: Another enemy spawner, they come from a box.

Sinows: Just use the remakes from CCA, don't need to create another pare. It wouldn't be too much trouble to make a new pare though.

Delbiter: Another type of enemy, I don't think it would fit well elsewhere in PSU. They are a significant presence, as far as the old level is concerned.

Deldepth: Not worth remaking them, they weren't any fun to begin with. Do any of you think otherwise?

BOSS: Just throw in the Motherbrain instead of remaking Olga Flow. I don't think it was available anywhere online, it be nice to see her there. j/k - this wasn't a good idea (read later post)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sound like a good idea?

chaoskila
Jun 11, 2008, 04:55 AM
id love to see the VR's back

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 05:02 AM
they could just use most of the data from pso so they dont have to make it all over again.... or its not that simple

superlak
Jun 11, 2008, 05:05 AM
WOW thats a big post as for whats in it i kinda agree with what i could read b4 realizing it might not end but i would like to see a full on witch outfit for my techer not like warts an all but a groovy witch like dark magician girl

thanks abashi76

Abashi76
Jun 11, 2008, 05:09 AM
they could just use most of the data from pso so they dont have to make it all over again.... or its not that simple

It isn't, they don't meet the graphical standards of PSU. However, importing models than adhancing them would not be too difficult. I don't think all Ep2 bosses and enemies would be worth remaking, even if it were easy, they would take space on the computer. I think everything on Ep1 should be, being the most popular classic game of PSO.

WOW thats a big post as for whats in it i kinda agree with what i could read b4 realizing it might not end but i would like to see a full on witch outfit for my techer not like warts an all but a groovy witch like dark magician girl

That would be cool ^_^

Akio-Kasai
Jun 11, 2008, 05:12 AM
I don't mind it being remade, but not on PSU right? >_>

You're saying that they should just make a "Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 & 2 Remake" >.> Right?

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 05:16 AM
It isn't, they don't meet the graphical standards of PSU. However, importing models than adhancing them would not be too difficult. I don't think all Ep2 bosses and enemies would be worth remaking, even if it were easy, they would take space on the computer. I think everything on Ep1 should be, being the most popular classic game of PSO.
i am not saying the hole PSO game more like the important parts boss movements and normal monster movements, redoing the models from existing pso models shouldn't be that hard like you said i guess

Mman2000
Jun 11, 2008, 05:24 AM
Mother brain instead of Olga flow? Are you on drugs or did you just hate hard boss battles?

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 05:26 AM
i liked the ep 2 bosses and monsters

Abashi76
Jun 11, 2008, 05:50 AM
i liked the ep 2 bosses and monsters

So perhaps they'd be worth remaking anyway? What about the Control Tower?

If Olga is remade, the really hard second stage should only start on A-rank; it was a mistake to have both stages on Normal mode to begin with.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 05:53 AM
I agree with most of what you said...except this...

BOSS: Just throw in the Motherbrain instead of remaking Olga Flow. I don't think it was available anywhere online, it be nice to see her there.
It's just as bad as having the de rol le reskin as dark falz. Olga Flow was the major boss in ep2, it is worth remaking ._.

And motherbrain is already available as the boss in Electronic Brain mission...it's just a dulk fakis 1st form reskin.

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 05:53 AM
So perhaps they'd be worth remaking anyway? What about the Control Tower?

If Olga is remade, the really hard second stage should only start on A-rank; it was a mistake to have both stages on Normal mode to begin with.

i thought it made the game interesting to play not to have alot of easy bosses

Abashi76
Jun 11, 2008, 05:55 AM
I agree with most of what you said...except this...

It's just as bad as having the de rol le reskin as dark falz. Olga Flow was the major boss in ep2, it is worth remaking ._.

Your right, and I guess the CCA boss too.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 07:43 AM
I was thinking about this, having pso missions on psu...instead of being an event, they could be normal missions.

On Rykros, in the lobby where Dark God mission starts, there would be a new mission. The description of that mission could be something like this: "Somewhere around Rykros a Forest have been spotted with different life forms, find that forest."
That mission, the 1st block could be a Rykros area and the 2nd block could be something like the forest of illusion last block (ending in the Dragon cave, but with Bil de Vears and such).
In some way, it would be kinda similiar to Crimson Beast (starting in Relics and ending in a Raffon fields area).

The lobby after this mission would be Pioneer 2, it could even be a city instead of just a lobby, with weapon shops, clothes shops and such. It could even have its own weapon and line shields brand, also changing the current pso weapons on psu from kubara to the new brand.
In pioneer 2 there would be a mission counter with 2 missions, forest and temple.
The forest mission would be like Abashi76 said, and it could end in a forest lobby. On that lobby there would be another mission counter, that one for caves...and so on...

Basically it would be:
Forest - lobby - Caves - lobby - Mines - lobby - Ruins - final lobby
and
Temple - lobby - Spaceship - lobby - Central Control Area - lobby - Seabed - final lobby

The Central Control Area mission could have 4 blocks, b1 = jungle, b2 = mountain, b3 = seaside, b4 = CCA, ending in Gal Gryphon. After ending it, on the lobby before Seabed mission, there could be a "backwards" mission, which would be Central Control Tower (it could also end in Gal Gryphon, instead of that mini boss in the top of the tower).

EMPYREAN
Jun 11, 2008, 08:12 AM
good idea.
the less PSO ther is in PSU the better it is, cuz if they add more pso stuff now they just might as well rename this game to pso.

or better yet bring back the old pso. the oldschool pso ppl will go back, psu will never get anything that reminds of pso ever. that way every1 will be happy and problem solved.

Sekani
Jun 11, 2008, 10:11 AM
PSO Forum is that way ---> (http://pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=12)

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 10:29 AM
I would love to have EP2 in PSU. One of the main reasons is that ANYTHING that is not a reskin is good. Come to think of it, have we even gotten a mission since AoI that wasn't a reskin of something else? Anyway, if they bring Seabed back, they better make it hard. It should be S2 only, and enemies will always be 50 levels higher than you. None of this static level crap.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
good idea.
the less PSO ther is in PSU the better it is, cuz if they add more pso stuff now they just might as well rename this game to pso.

or better yet bring back the old pso. the oldschool pso ppl will go back, psu will never get anything that reminds of pso ever. that way every1 will be happy and problem solved.

I would prefer to get all pso stages remade on psu than having almost no new areas at all...
Other than rozenom, habirao and rykros areas, all the others "new" areas are reskins...

AMF HQ - Linear Line
AMF Central Command - HIVE
White Beast - Grove of Fanatics
Saguraki C.D. (sakura blast) - Mizuraki C.D. (demons above)
Granigs Mine (caves of ice/awoken serpent) - Galenigare Mine (desert goliath)
the one that's going to be released friday, Il Cabo Base (Lonely Laboratory) - Underwater Plant (lab recovery/endrum remnants)
and the SEED Express mission - part of it I think it looks like Train Rescue reskinned, the other part...no idea...(don't know how it is)

Iduno
Jun 11, 2008, 10:52 AM
lol this was kind of what I was hoping for when the expansion came out, and after that with mag...

If only people who actually care were in control of segac then this would be a reality

ThePendragon
Jun 11, 2008, 11:32 AM
PSO is dead, and it should stay that way.

Mark87
Jun 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
PSO is dead, and it should stay that way.

PSO will never die!!!!!!

PSU is a pretty good game but make all the expansions u want it will never top PSO

Ithildin
Jun 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
Am I missing something here? I'm not sure I would like PSO remade for psu at all. I can't really see why it would benefit the game at all. Sega won't be moving on or improving the Phantasy Star series if all they ever do is rehash old ideas.

Mark87
Jun 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
They make so many games and keep on making them they are ruining the game

sega just needs to take a break for a while and think before they throw garabage out in the stores

im not saying that the PSO stages and such in a PSU would be a bad idea i think it would be a good idea.

im talking about the AoI expansion i bought it and played it for a day and returned it
i wasnt to impressed with PSU either

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
Am I missing something here? I'm not sure I would like PSO remade for psu at all. I can't really see why it would benefit the game at all. Sega won't be moving on or improving the Phantasy Star series if all they ever do is rehash old ideas.

Having the old pso stages (+ bosses) on psu would give some more variety to missions.
(it's better than having mostly reskinned areas from the previous version of the game on an expansion ._.)

Ithildin
Jun 11, 2008, 11:50 AM
Having the old pso stages (+ bosses) on psu would give some more variety to missions.
(it's better than having mostly reskinned areas from the previous version of the game on an expansion ._.)

Then you kinda agree with me. I'm against reskins and/or rehash. I just want to see something new. That's not that much to ask for is it?

EMPYREAN
Jun 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
PSO will never die!!!!!!

PSU is a pretty good game but make all the expansions u want it will never top PSO

when they desided to shut down the billing option for it, pso died.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
PSO is still alive on JP though...

Then you kinda agree with me. I'm against reskins and/or rehash. I just want to see something new. That's not that much to ask for is it?
Yeah...I would prefer completely new areas instead of pso, but seeing what we got new on aoi, it's more likely on a next expansion we'll get even more reskins than completely new areas ._.
On aoi we got a new boss and 3 new areas, all other "new" bosses and areas are reskins...

Mark87
Jun 11, 2008, 02:13 PM

there is still offline DUH!!!!!

and PSOBB is still online

(note:the O in PSO can stand for PSOffline xD)

Ken_Silver
Jun 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
While I believe that all PSO diehards need to realize that we need to move forward. Remaking all of the PSO stages like it was said here does not bother me. But this could also be done in the next expansion that we get.

Take this idea and basically turn Rykros into old PSO world. It fits in Story-wise too. And since that won't take up a whole disk, you can still add new stuff to the other remaining planets. For example, on Parum, let us head to Tarcus City as well as Holtes City. Do the same for the other planets. Sega could make them feel like totally different areas. After all, no one town looks like another.

Then we get the rehash and slight reskin of PSO which would *cough*truly*cough bring back the hardcore PSO players and give us new stuff in order to give those who are ready to move on, more gameplay to move on with.

We need new stuff and if old means new for Sega, then do it. But give us new, new stuff too. It's not a crime to do both and make something good Sega.

Neith
Jun 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
I'm a huge fan of PSO, but I still think this is a bit much.

On PSU, even as a PSO fan, I think ST went overboard with the PSO content- AoI is pretty much PSO Episode 5 (may as well be, there's enough fanservice to outshine most anime series >_>)

Old stuff is fine, as long as it's not at the expense of new material. I'm not paying to play PSO, I'm paying to play PSU. Remaking almost the entire of PSO in PSU's engine is a bit much really :lol:

Having a lot of PSO items- fine.
Having some PSO areas (like Forest of Illusion etc)- fine.
Re-using a few PSO enemies- fine.
Remaking PSO in PSU- Why, exactly?

For the record, before anyone steps in telling me I'm hating on PSO- look at my profile. I played the game for years and hit Lv200. I'd rather have something new now though.

Edit: Mark87- PSOBB isn't online for most of us. The only active official server is the Japanese one, which I know most of you don't play. Private servers don't really count, as they're not maintained by Sega [insert 'lol they never maintain PSU' joke here]

ThePendragon
Jun 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
PSO will never die!!!!!!

PSO died with the Dreamcast. PSU raped its' corpse on day 1, even with all the content lacking.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 02:56 PM
PSO died with the Dreamcast. PSU raped its' corpse on day 1, even with all the content lacking.

PSO is still far from dead. Private servers and fan updates are better than ST's offering with PSU to be quite honest. Come to think of it, ST should just turn control of PSU over to us. At least we care about it enough not to fuck it up every week, haha.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 03:15 PM
First off, this would not be do-able on PS2, due to the lack of its hardrive. To start off, adding all the classic clothing, and bringing back a large handful of the weapons would be a good thing.

Some of the levels have been redone already, appearing randomly. The next step would be to make a special even (called a VR flashback event) at the Guardian's HQ that would remix the classic PSO game. Once the quest has been started, players will enter the old city that was made before. The NPCs there would be remade from the last game. All the stages and enemies will be prevalent, without replacing them with similar counterparts from PSU; more enemies are needed anyway. Also, it would drop only items from PSO, including PSO rares.

----------------

FOREST:

Divided into two blocks, emulating both Forest 1 and Forest 2. The second stage will have a rain effect, as of before, while the first stage will have sunny weather, and won't share a part of the building. Perhaps there should be extra areas added, since its much shorter than the others. On S-rank it'll be evening.

ENEMIES:

Boomas: Already have been made, just throw them in. Their S-rank/Ultimate models will have to be remade. Remember, the Tollaw is different, kinda like a Grass Assassin.

Rag Rappy: Take the yellow rare rappy, its already made, throw it in, but it'll drop shitty items and be easier to kill. The rare version will have blue feathers as always. The S-rank/Ultimate version will need remodeling.

Wolves: There are two different types, but one can be given a slightly different Hue, and if the leader dies, they do their howl, and debuff themselves. The leader wold, would have a crown (1/2 damage) and other special effects, of course. New models will be needed, since they have not been made. Luckily, there are already enemies that act like them.

Hildebear: There are already enemies like them, just remove the crest on the back and change its hue to be like the original. Re-add the crest for Hildetor on S-rank.

Monest/Mothmant: This is unique, no PSU enemy spawns other monsters, from what I know of. There aren't any annoying insects either, nor any models that like like any of these. It'll be hard to add to remake as a result. On S-rank, the evolved Monest will only need a hue change, but the evolved Mothmants will need different models.

Dragon: Just take De Ragon, its already a remake of that boss. On S-rank, it'll have a blue hue and spit out ice. The ice dragon could be used for other PSU missions, so its not a waste to make it. Oh wait ... it digs, I guess just add that ability and give it a browner hue.

CAVE:

Split into three large blocks. Much have Cave 1 has already been made, but Caves 2 & 3 will need to be made too. This will be the hardest to make, since all the stages are very different from the others, meaning many more rooms and places to make and decorate, as well as many more rock textures. Caves 2 & 3 would receive different hue colors on S-rank. Perhaps these levels should have different layouts to make them more fun.

ENEMIES:

Sharks: They'll need new models, for all stages. They act just like the Boomas though.

Grass Assassin: Already made. The S-rank ultimate version can get a hue change to red, and be given a high level Dambarta spell instead of its strings. Weakening the stats a bit may be needed to make them more like in the original game, but not that easy.

Pan Arms: Totally unique ... !

Nano Dragon: Plenty like them, just needs a new skin.

Lilies: Needs new models, but already act like some of the existing enemies, like that one in Ryokos. They would bury and relocate unlike before, and unlike other enemies, would stun those that attack them at close range.

Slimes: Totally unique, remember that techs split them > this can include elemental weapons and photon arts.

De Rol Le: Although there has been a remake, its not like the old boss, and this game needs new boss types anyway. Remake it like the old boss, and slightly modify the name of the new PSU version. Remember it has tenticles that attacks, does not fly, and techs can hit multiple segments of its body.

MINES:

The first stage was remade, but the second stage will need rustier textures, and a hue change on S-rank. This level wouldn't be too hard to remake, but completing all the enemies will be very hard ...

ENEMIES:

Gillchic: There aren't enemies like them already, so two more unique models would be needed. Lots of programming will be need for the Dubchic, since they perminantly die once their switch is gone.

Canadine: A brand new type of enemy for PSU, if it were to be remade.

Sinows: Shinowa Hidoki is kinda like them. Some remodeling would be needed to emulate the old enemy. Don't forget, they jump, and one of them BUFFs.

Garanz: Obviously, this has to be remade, to fire missiles, and place traps.

Vol Opt: A new type of boss.

RUINS:

The first stage was remade, but the other two still have to be remade. A lot of skins present already, could be used for the other two stages. Falz's grave has been remade as well.

ENEMIES:

Dimenians: Delsaban kinda reminds me of them. However, the yellow middle out to be colored blue and red and glow more. Their photons will have to change colors as well. There was this enemy kinda like it, that could be modified for their evolved stages.

Claws: They'll all have to be remade from scratch.

Belras: Once again, remade from scratch.

Gunners: Ibid.

Delsaber: Already like one of them, but it'll need a new model, faster speed, and a sheild on one side.

Sorcerer: There are enemies like them, just needs a new model.

Chaos Bringer: There are some somewhat like them, but a new model is needed, and it carries a rifle that drains other players' TP. Since PP is used instead, it'll drain HP instead.

Darvants: A new thing, comes with the boss of course.

Dark Falz: That fish, NO WAY!!! Time to remake it, and save the last form for A and S ranks.

VR Temple:

Wait, remake EP2 too? Sure, this game needs Jungle/Beach/Sealab levels anyway. It can use the current oriental themed textures instead, but with the old layout. That'll look kinda kool and arty.

BOSS:

Barba Ray: It acts like the PSU's dark falz, just use remodels for it, and its Pig Rays.

VR Spaceship:

Use the linear platform/Guardian space base textures, but with the level layout. Change its sky views for the different stages.

BOSS:

Gol Dragon: A black version of De Ragnus, that spits out lightning. The only hard part about it, is adding an ability to duplicate.

Central Control Area:

Since levels like these are need anyway, these stages can be given new layouts and used elsewhere on PSU. There is already a beach area, so at least that won't be so hard. The other areas will be more difficult to make. Forget about Control Tower, well maybe add it later ...

ENEMIES:

Gee: They kinda act like the moths, but have a new model.

Merillia: Another enemy type to make.

Gibbons: They act like the wolf enemies, but have very different models.

Sinows: Another type of Sinow to make ...

Mini Bosses: More new types of enemies, would it be worth it to remake them? Well, more large enemies my be nice to have. Actually, I don't think they are worth remaking. Just take some huge enemies from PSU that are somewhat similar. They only appear once anyway, and they aren't that enjoyable. Besides, Ep2 isn't really classic PSO. Though with all the trouble, might as well remake those too.

BOSS: Maybe use that annoying flying guy from Moatoob, and give a new field. Although, might as well remake all the bosses, putting all this effort and all..

Seabed:

There are already textures available that would work, it would be cool to have this, and have a view of the ocean, a much cooler one than in PSO.

ENEMIES:

Dolmdarl: New enemy type with a new model. They would be cool to see elsewhere in PSU, as is many other of the Ep2 enemies.

Morfos: Pretty kool to have around, just plug them in, their kinda like those traps, but their enemies.

Recon: Another enemy spawner, they come from a box.

Sinows: Just use the remakes from CCA, don't need to create another pare. It wouldn't be too much trouble to make a new pare though.

Delbiter: Another type of enemy, I don't think it would fit well elsewhere in PSU. They are a significant presence, as far as the old level is concerned.

Deldepth: Not worth remaking them, they weren't any fun to begin with. Do any of you think otherwise?

BOSS: Just throw in the Motherbrain instead of remaking Olga Flow. I don't think it was available anywhere online, it be nice to see her there. j/k - this wasn't a good idea (read later post)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sound like a good idea?

tl;dr

How PSO could be remade?

Umm, jee i dunno, theres this game Sonic Team worked on called something like Phantasy Star Universe that seems kind of similar...but what do i know.

PSO is still far from dead.

http://pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34&stc=1&d=1213215724

Abashi76
Jun 11, 2008, 03:17 PM
I was thinking about this, having pso missions on psu...instead of being an event, they could be normal missions.

On Rykros, in the lobby where Dark God mission starts, there would be a new mission. The description of that mission could be something like this: "Somewhere around Rykros a Forest have been spotted with different life forms, find that forest."
That mission, the 1st block could be a Rykros area and the 2nd block could be something like the forest of illusion last block (ending in the Dragon cave, but with Bil de Vears and such).
In some way, it would be kinda similiar to Crimson Beast (starting in Relics and ending in a Raffon fields area).

The lobby after this mission would be Pioneer 2, it could even be a city instead of just a lobby, with weapon shops, clothes shops and such. It could even have its own weapon and line shields brand, also changing the current pso weapons on psu from kubara to the new brand.
In pioneer 2 there would be a mission counter with 2 missions, forest and temple.
The forest mission would be like Abashi76 said, and it could end in a forest lobby. On that lobby there would be another mission counter, that one for caves...and so on...

Basically it would be:
Forest - lobby - Caves - lobby - Mines - lobby - Ruins - final lobby
and
Temple - lobby - Spaceship - lobby - Central Control Area - lobby - Seabed - final lobby

The Central Control Area mission could have 4 blocks, b1 = jungle, b2 = mountain, b3 = seaside, b4 = CCA, ending in Gal Gryphon. After ending it, on the lobby before Seabed mission, there could be a "backwards" mission, which would be Central Control Tower (it could also end in Gal Gryphon, instead of that mini boss in the top of the tower).

Interesting that you made a story for it ... ^_^/ I was thinking of making it a special flashback VR mission. Perhaps it would be available once every week or so.

Great idea about the new lobby, although it would be possible to have players return to the city, and have access to the newly open stages, but perhaps having intermediate lobbies would be a good thing. The warp would be like the purple lady, pay meseta to access later areas if you have already accessed them. I'm thinking it should be based in the old PSO city, its a great city to begin with. The bank woman, instead of holding the bank, could sell all the old PSO clothing, as well as nearly all the classical head styles (instead of putting them in the regular stores).

In CCA, the tower could be added as a secret area to unlock, well maybe > might as well if the minibosses are going to be remade (then remake the extra set of Sinnows). There are already enemies that act like most of the major bosses; except for Dark Falz and Vol Opt. Ya think its worth it recreating the old De Rol Le, and making a version of De Ragon that can did, or would it be better to import the PSU's De Role and De Ragon directly? PSU's Dark Falz just doesn't cut it, but a new model with its behaviors would work for the Temple Boss.

If this were to happen, PS2 would have to be excluded from all of this, since it lacks a hard drive. In fact, this would have to be an optional downloaded patch to begin with. Its simply too big to make all the players have to download it, especially if their using PS2. All players will receive an update so they can view the classic PSO weapons and costumes. Those who cannot download the custom patch, will not have an access to this event at all, including anybody stuck with a PS2 or old computer.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 03:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PSO's been dead for years now. Get your head out of denial, please.

If you base being dead off of server population, the PC/PS2 servers are already dead. Personally, I quit PSO as soon as PSU was released, but ignoring the people that still play PSO doesn't make them go away.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 03:27 PM
PSOBB i would guess is doing pretty well in Japan, seeing they still have events going on for its 4th anniversary.

http://psobb.jp/community/event/ma4r2008/

However, it cant compete with PSU. It just cant. And you poor people just fail to realize that PSO is not going to be made on any other platform as long as PSOBB exists.

SonicTMP
Jun 11, 2008, 03:29 PM
As addicted as I was to PSO. We don't need a gaphics update of it. We need PSU to get better. Havign a episode 2 version of a MAG run would be kinda cool. Get to see that dunegon template. But we don't need whole missions of each.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
Like i keep saying, nothing is wrong with PSU.

Sega just refuses to release all the content on the game, so we are forced to play a watered down version.

Magus_84
Jun 11, 2008, 03:33 PM
If you base being dead off of server population, the PC/PS2 servers are already dead. Personally, I quit PSO as soon as PSU was released, but ignoring the people that still play PSO doesn't make them go away.

Then they should play PSO, and quit trying to turn PSU into PSO. It's not as if cost is an issue, anymore.

I say this as someone who has played both, and is well aware of the current options for PSO. I sincerely wish that people would give PSU the chance to develop into its own game, instead of trying to make it PSO lite.

PSO has the worst mechanical framework of any MMO I've yet seen. As a game, when you take away the people that play it, it's utterly horrible, balance-wise. PSU is far from perfect, but at least certain classes, built to the game's recommendations aren't completely incapable of doing things by themselves in later difficulties. Such as PSO's "Casting Force vs Online Chaos Bringer" mismatches. Yet of course, neither Hunters nor Rangers, not Forces built intelligently (as opposed to the descriptions that were aped from v1) had that problem.

But ignoring the glaring imbalances...PSO had one thing going for it. Add in compatible people to play it with, and you get the crack that leads people to make topics like this on the PSU boards.

Instead of going on and on about how PSO should be remade, they should either go play PSO, or try playing PSU on its own merits, and finding some of the people that made PSO what it was in the first place.

/endrant

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 03:33 PM
Remaking PSO would not be a good business move. However, as long as people keep asking for PSO elements to be brought back, expect to see things creeping back into PSU. Besides, PS a franchise. You will always have elements from previous games coming back in the most current iteration.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 03:53 PM
Then they should play PSO, and quit trying to turn PSU into PSO. It's not as if cost is an issue, anymore.

I say this as someone who has played both, and is well aware of the current options for PSO. I sincerely wish that people would give PSU the chance to develop into its own game, instead of trying to make it PSO lite.

PSO has the worst mechanical framework of any MMO I've yet seen. As a game, when you take away the people that play it, it's utterly horrible, balance-wise. PSU is far from perfect, but at least certain classes, built to the game's recommendations aren't completely incapable of doing things by themselves in later difficulties. Such as PSO's "Casting Force vs Online Chaos Bringer" mismatches. Yet of course, neither Hunters nor Rangers, not Forces built intelligently (as opposed to the descriptions that were aped from v1) had that problem.

But ignoring the glaring imbalances...PSO had one thing going for it. Add in compatible people to play it with, and you get the crack that leads people to make topics like this on the PSU boards.

Instead of going on and on about how PSO should be remade, they should either go play PSO, or try playing PSU on its own merits, and finding some of the people that made PSO what it was in the first place.

/endrant

The reason that you think PSO is a bad MMO could be because its not an MMO. MMOs aren't instanced. Everything but the lobbies in PSO are instanced. PSU as well.

To reiterate my point, PSO should not be remade. Its a step in the wrong direction to expect customers to pay for nearly 10 year old content like it was new. This would be particularly bold considering the extreme difficulty ST seems to have managing their current project (PSU). However, like every franchise (Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc.) you are going to see elements from previous games. That's how franchises work. You discard the elements that didn't work, while polishing and reintroducing the elements that did. This forum and the players that still support PSO are a testament that PSO did have some elements that worked. It would be unwise to think that you won't see any "PSO in mah PSU". Get over it.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 04:02 PM
The reason that you think PSO is a bad MMO could be because its not an MMO. MMOs aren't instanced. Everything but the lobbies in PSO are instanced. PSU as well.

To reiterate my point, PSO should not be remade. Its a step in the wrong direction to expect customers to pay for nearly 10 year old content like it was new. This would be particularly bold considering the extreme difficulty ST seems to have managing their current project (PSU). However, like every franchise (Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc.) you are going to see elements from previous games. That's how franchises work. You discard the elements that didn't work, while polishing and reintroducing the elements that did. This forum and the players that still support PSO are a testament that PSO did have some elements that worked. It would be unwise to think that you won't see any "PSO in mah PSU". Get over it.

PSO is an MMO. (Massively Multiplayer Online Game.)

There is nothing you can do to counter his statements, because what he said is completely true.

You people either need to get busy playing or get busy doing something else. But please GOD stop fucking bitching to us about how you want to have sex with PSO.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
PSO is an MMO. (Massively Multiplayer Online Game.)

There is nothing you can do to counter his statements, because what he said is completely true.

You people either need to get busy playing or get busy doing something else. But please GOD stop fucking bitching to us about how you want to have sex with PSO.

MMO actually has a definition. Its not just any RPG where you connect to another server to play with other people.

I wasn't saying anything good or bad about PSO. I was simply explaining how franchises work. No one seems to bitch when they run into Cactuar in FF. I don't see why PSU should be any different.

Magus_84
Jun 11, 2008, 04:13 PM
This forum and the players that still support PSO are a testament that PSO did have some elements that worked. It would be unwise to think that you won't see any "PSO in mah PSU". Get over it.

Well, yeah. It's already there. Look at MAG. Or more precisely, look at how bad they botched everything associated with it. Sure sounds like the "response" to FSODers, doesn't it? Me baawing about it isn't going to change it, as much as the people with the PSO glasses baawing about how PSU isn't PSO with better graphics won't change anything.

My point is more that I don't see why topics such as this are allowed or encouraged in the PSU section. Especially when the denizens of the PSO section go ballistic when PSU is even mentioned near their sacred cow. (Though, that last statement probably answers my own question. >_> )

It's a double standard. Yes, I know the site is called "PSO World" and not "PSU World". But you would think that, in the interest of not promoting useless arguments (which I am, in effect, doing with this post. Lol irony, M I RITE?) people would keep stuff like this in the appropriate section.

There's probably a good reason for it, other than inciting arguments and promoting bashing of a game that does still have a (slight) chance to live. I'm just at a loss to find it.

And to the TC...I don't mean this to disparage the obvious effort you put into your post. You would probably be better off looking at certain fan modifications to BB that are floating around various areas of the internet.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
I think letting a little PSO into PSU via a few items and the occasional event is fine. However, the other part of a franchise is introducing new elements along side the old. The problem is that ST has been drip-feeding us new content for over a year and a half. More often than not, that "new" content is under the guise of a reskined mission that doesn't actually drop any new items at all. Its just a change in wallpaper.

PSO was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was mired with problems and some people still seem to think it came down the side of the mountain right next to the 10 commandments. PSU is ST's opportunity to update the mechanics and give us fresh content with a bit of nostalgia on the side for those that remember it. If you never played PSO, its new to you, so who cares.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 05:17 PM
I think getting completely new missions and areas would be far better than getting pso areas on psu, but right now what we're getting is reskins of the missions we already have ._.
On aoi we got 3 new areas and 1 new boss...until now ._. (pso places don't count as new)

If in a future expansion would be possible to have real updates (PS2 requiring an hard drive or PSU going to PS3), I don't see having the old PSO missions being a problem...would just give more variety to the current missions we have (of course just new completely areas/missions/bosses would be alot better xD).

Edit: My personal opinion about PSO on PSU is that I think it would be nice having the pso stages like the illusion missions but without being rare mission, with no exp and rare boost, and with the pso boss in the end.
The different blocks (2 or 3 blocks) could have the backgrounds from, for example, forest 1 for b1, forest 2 for b2 (the missions with 2 blocks would would have each block a little bigger then the ones with 3 blocks).
Having a complete remake of all pso and having the maps exactly like pso would be just...not interesting...I guess ^^;

easy123
Jun 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
REUSE THE old sh-t No Thank you they get paided let make new game they rip us of with remakes too must pso pso ver 2 ep 1 ep 2 Ambition of the Illuminus

ThePendragon
Jun 11, 2008, 06:38 PM
PSO is still far from dead. Private servers and fan updates are better than ST's offering with PSU to be quite honest. Come to think of it, ST should just turn control of PSU over to us. At least we care about it enough not to fuck it up every week, haha.

Wake up :eek:

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 06:53 PM
Wake up :eek:

I've been up since 10 AM.

Leah
Jun 12, 2008, 03:41 AM
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator7688438.jpg

looks like 2 1/2 stars to me.