PDA

View Full Version : FKL Battle Race: Rules and Sign-Up

Tact
Jun 11, 2008, 05:12 AM
[spoiler-box]
FKL Battle Race Rules

Situation- You’re in a Mario Kart-esque race.

Goal- Reach the finish line first.

Vehicles- You can have any vehicle you want, as long as it follows these rules:

The vehicle must not be larger than a normal car.
The vehicle must interact with the ground, but it does not have to touch the ground. (F-Zero machines and Podracers are examples of vehicles that interact with the ground, but do not touch the ground. Maximum hovering height above the ground is about a foot.)
Engine Classes- When you make your vehicle, assign an engine class to it. Your engine class will determine how many places you will gain when you speed up, and how many places you will lose when you are hit by an item. I will roll dice for this. Light vehicles get a d2 (a coin flip), medium vehicles use d3’s, and heavy vehicles will get d4’s. This means that lighter vehicles aren’t as speedy, but they can get back in the game more quickly than a heavy vehicle can.

Actions- The types of actions are pretty limited this time around.

Try to get an offensive item or defensive item. (If you try to grab an item while remaining in your current position, you have a low chance of getting one. Should you choose to go out of your way for an item, you are more likely to get one. But, people will pass you while you look around.)
Use an offensive or defensive item.
Speed up to pass people in front of you.
Speed up to preserve your position.
Offensive Items- There are four kinds of weapons to be found on the track.

Surface: These weapons travel along the ground from one vehicle to another.
Hover: These weapons move like Surface weapons, except they hover a foot or two above the track.
Stationary: These, once set, remain where they are on the track.
Aerial: Aerial weapons will fly pretty high above the track (9-10 feet) and generally hit a vehicle from above.
Defensive Items- If there are weapons, there needs to be a way for you all to defend yourselves. Defensive items are good against certain types of weapons, and it is not uncommon to find something that can block multiple types of weaponry. If you wish to defend against an attack, your defense action must have the same number as the opponent’s offensive action.

Defense Example-

Player A takes these actions:

Speed up.
Look for an offensive item.
Defend using [item name here].
Player B takes these actions:

Speed up.
Attack Player A using [item name here].
Look for a defensive item.
Player A will be hit with Player B’s attack because the defensive action does not coincide with the offensive action. If Player A had chosen to defend in his second action, Player B’s weapon would have been blocked.

Registration- Of course, you need to tell me that you want to play. However, you need to tell me what kind of vehicle you want to operate in the race. Numbers are not necessary, but you may put one on your vehicle if you wish. A little bit of description would help. I don’t need a full-blown paragraph if you don’t want to write one; simple details will suffice. A picture would be even better.

Actions and Results- If enough people vote for it, you guys aren't going to be omniscient this time around. In the beginning, everyone will start out together on the track and I'll post results. If you guys split up for whatever reason, I'll start PMing results to people. When someone gets an item on the track, you guys might know that he/she has an item. However, I'll PM that person about the details of that item. You're not going to know what they have until they attempt to use it. Also, if you're not omniscient, you'll all have to PM me your actions.

[/spoiler-box]
Sign-Up Slots:
1. Nitro and the X-Bike
2. Shlig and the Cheese Van
3. OutKast and the...whatever the hell that thing is. Come up with a name or something. :wacko:
4. Randomness and the modified Arwing
5. Talon and the Fenrir V2
6. TOH and the SSC Ultimate Aero
7. PhotonDrop and the Photon Longboard
8. Zarode and the Wariomobile

When you sign up, be sure to include your vehicle! I will not accept any signing-ups that do not include a vehicular registration.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 11, 2008, 05:21 AM
I was gonna say, people could edit their things. But, you got that figured out already. :)

Vehicle registration:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3552/xbikegd1.gif

Just imagine X isn't on it. :wacko:

Medium engine class by the way.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2008, 05:30 AM
Nitro you need to post an engine class.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 11, 2008, 05:33 AM
Fix'ed.

Side note: Tact IS using a different font right?

@Shlig: Don't go sending a tank after me again, you tricky bastard. >:U

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2008, 07:35 AM
Driver: Sergeant Shligger, the Yamato Throwing Royal Guard of the D.C. and quite the smooth talker.

Vehicle: The Cheese Van
Engine Class: Heavy. Though built for torque, this is still a monster of an engine and a force to be reckoned with. Don't even start looking at the NO2.
Notes: Even with low acceleration and high weight, this van SUV is nothing to mess with once it's gained momentum. To those who stand in it's way: beware. A special detail; Whenever this vehicle speeds up, a disembodied (yet excited) voice will scream "Booooooost!" as flames spit out of the mufflers.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/SR_061108_005.jpg

Out_Kast
Jun 11, 2008, 10:34 AM
Okay, I'm gonna enter this one before anyone else can steal my spot...

It looks like this, just without the woman standing on the right :wacko:
http://www.kyle-brady.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/future_car.jpg

Engine Class: Light

Very short description: It actually looks like something out of Mario Kart... :wacko: Let's say it turns really easily, which can be both a blessing and a curse. And as an added bonus, no CO2 emission! :lol:

Randomness
Jun 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
Entry:

Arwing. Medium engine class, the lasers have been removed and the wings swept back to reduce drag. The bomb launcher has been modified for forward and rear deployment of items. Capable of performing under F-Zero conditions, it retains the overall utility of the Arwing design, and is capable of being restored to combat capability in less than an hour of maintenance. (This is based off one of the endings to Command)

TalHex
Jun 11, 2008, 10:54 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/ShadowX7484/Advent_Children.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

i tried to make my own but it didn't turn out right, anyways always have loved this bike even if it isn't a hover bike, i'm going off on a limb and saying heavy class engine
name: fenrir v.2
notes: based off cloud's bike from FF7. excels in turning ability and max speed, is extremely heavy for a motorbike but is streamlined for max acceleration, due to its weight though this bird will never fly. Designed to turn with the smallest distance even at high speeds.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2008, 10:58 AM
The vehicle must interact with the ground, but it does not have to touch the ground. (F-Zero machines and Podracers are examples of vehicles that interact with the ground, but do not touch the ground. Maximum hovering height above the ground is about a foot.)

Randomness, you need to change your vehicle.

TheOneHero
Jun 11, 2008, 11:14 AM
SSC Ultimate Aero (http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ssc_ultimate_aero_rank_1_revise.jpg)

Description: 257 mph+, 0-60 in 2.7 secs. Twin-Turbo V8 Engine with 1183 hp, base price is $654,400. Tested in March 2007 by Guinness world records, The SSC Ultimate Aero takes the lead as the fastest car in the world beating Bugatti Veyron.

Modified: With pure awesomeness. Engine Class Heavy

Nevermind, I'm staying with the Aero.

Out_Kast
Jun 11, 2008, 11:16 AM
Well TOH, thanks for going to reserve me a place :wacko:
Luckilly I noticed this topic. And it's only 17:16 :lol:

TalHex
Jun 11, 2008, 11:18 AM
better post your vehicle fast otherwise it might not count

PhotonDrop
Jun 11, 2008, 11:25 AM
This may be fun.

Vehicle - Photon Long Board

Cutting edge photon technology, as well as extensive MAG research led to the development of this hoverboard. Like a standard MAG, the board acts as an extension of the users body utilizing a tactile photon shield to protect the user from adverse effects of inertia, debris, or various objects. Elements of the design are taken directly from ancient hawaiian long boards not only to maximize engine space, but maneuverability as well.

Engine size - light

The definition of maneuverability. Hairpin turns? No problem. The road ahead will always seem straight the moment you rev the engine. Perfect for your hyper-active children, workaholic adults, and even grandma!

Zarode
Jun 11, 2008, 11:26 AM
I'm gonna come rollin' up in a TIGER. :D

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8758/tiger1131bovington2004hq3.jpg

Engine class: Heavy.
Description: The cannon and machine guns have been removed since real weapons are not permitted. This tank's armor has also been slightly modified with lighter, but stronger alloys to allow more speed. Plus I totally pimped it out with hydraulics mmhmm :yes:

TalHex
Jun 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
*facepalm* do you have any idea how slow tanks are?

Zarode
Jun 11, 2008, 11:32 AM

Why, want me to use something faster and more recent? (http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Angleterre/War_Peace_Show/2006/pictures/CVRT_Scorpion_War_&_Peace_Show_2006_001.JPG) :wacko:

Who cares! I'll be riding up in a tank! Just give me more armor class to compensate or something. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Entry:

Arwing. Medium engine class, the lasers have been removed and the wings swept back to reduce drag. The bomb launcher has been modified for forward and rear deployment of items. Capable of performing under F-Zero conditions, it retains the overall utility of the Arwing design, and is capable of being restored to combat capability in less than an hour of maintenance. (This is based off one of the endings to Command)

Reading that made me think of this:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3580/jameskf9.jpg

And that good sir, is a good thing.

PhotonDrop
Jun 11, 2008, 11:33 AM

Not that slow at all. They may not be NASCAR fast, but they get the job done.

TalHex
Jun 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
then again when was FKL suppose to be realistic? go for the tank!

Zarode
Jun 11, 2008, 11:36 AM
then again when was FKL suppose to be realistic? go for the tank!

Squee! :burger:

TalHex
Jun 11, 2008, 11:38 AM
i dun git it...

Randomness
Jun 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
Randomness, you need to change your vehicle.

No, its a MODIFIED arwing, it lacks flight capability. The ending to Command I'm basing it on involves Fox and Falco leaving Lylat to compete in F-Zero. (Because Star Wolf got all the credit)

TalHex
Jun 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
anyone else see the irony of me and random's entries?

Zarode
Jun 11, 2008, 11:49 AM
anyone else see the irony of me and random's entries?

Flying machines that will never fly?

astuarlen
Jun 11, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not entering in this one, but if I did, my vehicle would indubitably be this:
http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/MUSEUM/TRANSPORT/tricycle/bigtri1a.jpg

Nitro Vordex
Jun 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
No, its a MODIFIED arwing, it lacks flight capability. The ending to Command I'm basing it on involves Fox and Falco leaving Lylat to compete in F-Zero. (Because Star Wolf got all the credit)

I know what he's talking about, it's pretty much the Arwing transformed into an F-Zero machine.

Ah, perfect!
Warning, pretty big image.
[spoiler-box]http://nightshade64.googlepages.com/DSC00206.JPG/DSC00206-full.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Randomness
Jun 11, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks Nitro. How'd you screeshot the DS screen?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 11, 2008, 01:47 PM
Google is your friend. :)

Randomness
Jun 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
As in the image or the how-to?

Nevermind, checked image source.

Tact
Jun 11, 2008, 02:12 PM
Nitro: Yes, it is a different font. I copy-pasted from Word, so it's a Times family font.

Zarode: Your vehicle is too large. Please switch to a smaller one before someone steals your spot.

I have added/am adding it shortly (depending on when you see it) the following people to the sign-up list:

Nitro and the X-Bike
Shlig and the Cheese Van
OutKast and the...whatever the hell that thing is. Come up with a name or something. :wacko:
Randomness and the modified Arwing
Talon and the Fenrir V2
TOH and the SSC Ultimate Aero
PhotonDrop and the Photon Longboard
The seven of you, give me your opinions on whether or not I should have omniscience in the race. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 11, 2008, 02:16 PM
Do you mean if we see each other's actions?

I'd say no for this game.

Tact
Jun 11, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, omniscience is (for this game's purposes) knowing what actions people are taking.

TalHex
Jun 11, 2008, 02:18 PM
yeah i'm going to be against it for this game

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm saying no.

Randomness
Jun 11, 2008, 02:22 PM
Lets see how it runs without omniscience.

EDIT:Talk about fast decisions.

Out_Kast
Jun 11, 2008, 02:31 PM
Probably not. That would be more interesting.

Hmm... I'm gonna call it the 'Myomobile'! :wacko:

Tact
Jun 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
It's official, then. You guys aren't getting omniscience this time around. It may seem complicated in the rules when you read them, but you'll understand it more clearly after a few rounds.

Out_Kast
Jun 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
So basically, if I block in action 2 and someone attacks me in option 1, my block doesn't work?

Tact
Jun 11, 2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah, your block wouldn't work. If the block and the attack have the same number, then you block successfully.

Out_Kast
Jun 11, 2008, 03:20 PM
I can see this getting both interesting and highly annoying at the same time.... :wacko:

Tact
Jun 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
Well, I need to make some way to jumble up the racing positions. It would be boring if the same person led from start to finish. :wacko:

Zarode
Jun 11, 2008, 06:45 PM
Okay, smaller vehicle.

Right...

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6483/beepbeepaw4.jpg

Wariomobile! :wacko:

Heavy engine. Not much to say after that. We all know the wariomobile...

Tact
Jun 11, 2008, 07:15 PM
Alright, you can have the Wariomobile. Registration is now closed!

The game will start tomorrow in a new thread. Start pondering your first actions.