PDA

View Full Version : Resta vs Giresta

Theoderic
Jun 11, 2008, 10:37 AM
I didn't see a specific topic (albeit I didn't look any longer than 10 minutes) so i figured I would just make a new post...
*Clears throat*
I was wondering what you guys here would have to say on the matter of Resta vs Giresta. If you were to choose one to use (this especially goes for all of those indecisive people) over the other, which would it be and why is the one you chose better than the unwanted?

Is Resta replaceable by Giresta?

Resta:
Higher HP heal
Faster total cast time
Larger radius
Lower PP cost

Giresta
Lower HP heal
Slower total cast time
Smaller radius
Higher PP cost
-Ability to revive
-LV 3 (3%) HP Regeneration (separate from unit regeneration)
-HP buffer (unused ticks of HP regeneration are stored and used until depleted or buff duration ceases)

And go!

Kizeragi
Jun 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
Both have their uses, Giresta has more reasons to use over Resta.

*votes for Giresta*

Apone
Jun 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
If PA frags werent literally laying on my floor because I dont know where to put them I would bring up the price issue but... lets just say resta is what you use until you can afford giresta.

lolURISH
Jun 11, 2008, 10:46 AM
I voted for Giresta, though I wouldnt trash resta simply on the idea that some mobs could chump shot you to the grave while casting giresta.

In the few times that I've played(Logged about a day total) I died several times due to chump shots, luckily however, a friend was nearby with giresta...only to be chump shotted as well.

gotta love level 30's as a level 22. they just hit so hard. but I did discover a love for singular daggers because of these incidences.

gamewarp
Jun 11, 2008, 10:47 AM
Giresta is a buff

redroses
Jun 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
What you all should consider is that Giresta is a Buff and gives regen.
And if you don't cast Giresta again the regen effect gets higher from it.
So cast Giresta ones(just like a buff) and use Resta to heal. Not does Resta only heal faster but it also heals more. And that little speed boost from Resta can save lives lol.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
Giresta is too slow. I need health now, not in 2 seconds when I'm dead.

Darius_Drake
Jun 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
I agree with amai_berry. Use giresta as a buff. The only reason I temporarily replaced resta with it was to level it up.

Seority
Jun 11, 2008, 10:57 AM
Neither of them should be replaced.
(Giresta does have a bigger area of effect.)
Giresta used before/after fights and resta during them.
Resta heals lots and qiuckly so it's perfect for mid-battle healing.
Giresta casts slower but does regenerate, and hit more then resta.

They are both needed. One isn't better then the other.

drizzle
Jun 11, 2008, 11:00 AM
Resta = heal
Giresta = buff

When you recast Giresta you replace the health buffer it has built with a fresh empty one. In other words if you use it as a heal, you don't get all of its benefits.

Theoderic
Jun 11, 2008, 11:00 AM
That is true, but assume that the hit that kills is faster than Resta? Wasted PP, more downtime, less dps (for those that care). When it comes down to it though, casting Giresta over another person who manages to have a significant amount of HP stored will at most get back a full Trimate's worth of HP at that instant, assuming he/she doesn't die from the attack. But the buffer is nice... Is canceling it with a reapplication THAT bad (coupled with Giresta being a gimped but more versatile heal than Resta) to warrant still keeping it on palette?

There have been times where I needed to use Giresta anyway, as a Megid came by, or regardless someone died from something odd. It's not like people get the big boost of instant Trimate unless they are closing in on the end of the duration and got hit extremely hard. Most of the HP buffer is generously splashed in small doses so having it reapplied shouldn't be too bad, and should be okay knowing that there will be a chance for being revived should one need it. Am I right? Wrong?

-I'm just trying to justify my uses for them both (or whatever) by weighing it out.

Edgard
Jun 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
do you really have to think about it? Giresta is just better.... HP regen just owns the shit out of resta...

If getting Frags is an obstacle than you're a noob.

If you need HP now cause you suck and get owned by the mobs, than you're a noob too.

As for range... as long as I cast it, then I'm always in range. Screw anyone that is too far. they can use trimates.

ThePendragon
Jun 11, 2008, 11:30 AM
Resta = heal
Giresta = buff

When you recast Giresta you replace the health buffer it has built with a fresh empty one. In other words if you use it as a heal, you don't get all of its benefits.

I heard the regen effect stacks, up to three times . . .

mooonbow
Jun 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
both are good when used properly. use giresta when you buff. use resta whenever needed. then use giresta whenever someone dies. you giresta stacks the ticks for health regin, and when you spam giresta it rewrites the stack to start over again. when you heal with resta whenever need be you overwrite the giresta stack. and whenever you rebuff cast giresta.

Inazuma
Jun 11, 2008, 01:07 PM
there are only 2 situations when you should use giresta:

- as a buff
- reviving someone

using giresta just to heal is a bad idea. its slow, costs more pp, and can actually take away more HP than you give, b/c it resets the HP regen.

Syaoran_69
Jun 11, 2008, 01:10 PM
Giresta, you can level it in a buff party and could probably get it to 40 from level 1 in about an hour with the PA rebalance.

Kylie
Jun 11, 2008, 01:12 PM
What you all should consider is that Giresta is a Buff and gives regen.
And if you don't cast Giresta again the regen effect gets higher from it.
So cast Giresta ones(just like a buff) and use Resta to heal. Not does Resta only heal faster but it also heals more. And that little speed boost from Resta can save lives lol.
Agreed. :) Use them both.

ErtaiClou
Jun 11, 2008, 01:13 PM
Well for my two cents, Bruce only gets giresta from me when buffing and resta the duration of the mission.

Ethateral
Jun 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
Use both of them. Neither is better than the other. They both have their uses at the right time.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 11, 2008, 01:44 PM
Resta is for healing. Giresta is for HP buffing. I loath the forces that just replace it all with Giresta, making the regen useless.

dc534
Jun 11, 2008, 01:53 PM
If you do not have a quick unit I would go with resta, otherwise with a quick unit gi-resta is all you need.

Vent
Jun 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
Giresta is too slow. I need health now, not in 2 seconds when I'm dead.

That made me thinking. We European players have some lag in this game. So when we see we get hit on the screen, the damage comes 1/2 second later. I can actually reverser MYSELF just before I get stunned. I sometimes cast reverser for some other purpose and gets stunned/sleep/frozen, but then the reverser goes off and I end up curing myself.

Does it work with Giresta? I can revive myself with it? xD

PALRAPPYS
Jun 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
Use both.

But as many people have said, giresta is more of a buff. Use resta to heal when people have lost those HP ticks from GIRESTA. :)

DarkDeception
Jun 11, 2008, 02:00 PM
I voted Giresta but as many have been saying resta still has it's uses. I tend to have both on mainly so I can heal fast if need be or give that regen/extra health if only one person is injured

VivAviva
Jun 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
Well...i used resta until like 2 weeks ago just because i run with a bunch of other techers all the time so i didnt really need it...still dont but i figure that the revive was nice to have on hand...BUT the thing is...I would have both on if I had room for the PA's but since I am strapped for space i had to make that choice...so i moved on up

Sekani
Jun 11, 2008, 02:04 PM
If you have to ask (or state) which is better you've already failed.

Inazuma
Jun 11, 2008, 02:11 PM
That made me thinking. We European players have some lag in this game. So when we see we get hit on the screen, the damage comes 1/2 second later. I can actually reverser MYSELF just before I get stunned. I sometimes cast reverser for some other purpose and gets stunned/sleep/frozen, but then the reverser goes off and I end up curing myself.

Does it work with Giresta? I can revive myself with it? xD

i also like to heal status effects on myself before they take place. but it wont work for giresta b/c you simply cant be revived instantly after dying. you need to wait about 1-2 secs.

Ryno
Jun 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
I still have giresta on my weps just incase a noob doesnt bring scapes, a PM dies, or even if we play rykros(dark falz). =D

ashley50
Jun 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
I use both...

DoubleJG
Jun 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
+1 for Giresta.

I like the fact that it's a buff.. Oh, and the casting sound is nice on the ears.

EMPYREAN
Jun 11, 2008, 03:35 PM
hell no.
in fact, giresta should have removed its healing ability.
that way only the hp regen and revive would be left and it would be a real buff.

but it seems that ppl r only using giresta cuz they are too LAZY to heal ppl whit resta every 10-15 secs and thus thinking the hp regen can do the healing job for them.

Weeaboolits
Jun 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
Resta is faster and has more range, so it's beter for heals, giresta is more useful if you use it as a buff, since it'll continue to stack at full HP, which is especially nice for low HP classes like FT.

Magus_84
Jun 11, 2008, 03:42 PM
*adds to the multitude of people saying "Resta is a heal, Giresta is a buff"*

Shinko
Jun 11, 2008, 03:43 PM
it depends...

it your use recover for support most of the time then yea giresta

but if your using it for your own good most of the time then i say resta

I have both but the only reason i have it is because it brings ppl back to life if not for that i wouldn't have it at all... and if i had to pick between the two i'll say resta

stukasa
Jun 11, 2008, 04:18 PM
Giresta is better than Resta. However, don't use Giresta all the time or the HP regen won't have a chance to stack.

Realmz
Jun 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
i played with a group who's acrotecher used only Giresta for healing (in fact he had turn resta into a disc)

so he tried to heal the group with Giresta only, i had no HP buffer at all, and many times people died before they got the heal. Now for most people that doesn't really matter, but it annoys me, because my SUV got reset, and one of my scapes got used instead of a res from giresta.

it also didn't help at all that he wasn't buffing at all either, not even before the boss fight.

like most everyone else as said, use them Both, but for just flat out healing use Resta

Delete
Jun 11, 2008, 07:07 PM
Giresta, you can level it in a buff party and could probably get it to 40 from level 1 in about an hour with the PA rebalance.

And this is one reason why i and alot of others probably like giresta more. Before the pa rebalance, giresta still leveled quickly yet resta was kinda hard to level.

Also to realms, a techer that doesnt buff? Maybe we'll start seeing beast who dont use beast mode, :lol:

Metal Heart
Jun 11, 2008, 07:29 PM
As an Acrotecher, I can't use rods, and I like healing AND status removal, so I really only need to use one tech mag, Gi-resta and reverser. If you are a good techer, then you won't have people dying on you unless megid pwns them. because I am acrotecher, I realize my class is a SUPPORT CLASS, so it's up to me to watch my buddies. if I didn't I'd be better off being a wartecher or guntecher, because those two are attack type classes. if I were Fortetecher, then yes I would use resta as heal - gi resta as buff simply because I have a rod, But I'm not, so I just use Gi-resta, because honestly, b4 I saw this thread, I've never heard people complain about the hp regen stacking...Ever... EVER, because honestly, no one cares mid miss, a heal is a heal...

_K1_
Jun 11, 2008, 07:47 PM
Level 40 Resta: major accomplishment, god of support techers.
Level 40 Giresta: 1 hr in a buff party.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 11, 2008, 07:50 PM
As an Acrotecher, I can't use rods, and I like healing AND status removal, so I really only need to use one tech mag, Gi-resta and reverser. If you are a good techer, then you won't have people dying on you unless megid pwns them. because I am acrotecher, I realize my class is a SUPPORT CLASS, so it's up to me to watch my buddies. if I didn't I'd be better off being a wartecher or guntecher, because those two are attack type classes. if I were Fortetecher, then yes I would use resta as heal - gi resta as buff simply because I have a rod, But I'm not, so I just use Gi-resta, because honestly, b4 I saw this thread, I've never heard people complain about the hp regen stacking...Ever... EVER, because honestly, no one cares mid miss, a heal is a heal...

Your "only two tech slots" argument makes sense.

Oh, wait, you have two arms. Nevermind.

Metal Heart
Jun 11, 2008, 07:53 PM
Your "only two tech slots" argument makes sense.

Oh, wait, you have two arms. Nevermind.

ummm, yea i really wanna waste another slot on a wand for resta when i can have nosdiga noszonde or any of da other good spells. plus whats an acrotecher without whips. this is my pallet. top 3 slots are attack spells tech mags and wands, middle is the gi-resta reverser with a whip, below is atk def debuffs mag with saber, bottom is buff pallet. i rest my case sarcastic one

Eyce_Theon
Jun 11, 2008, 08:03 PM
ummm, yea i really wanna waste another slot on a wand for resta when i can have nosdiga noszonde or any of da other good spells. plus whats an acrotecher without whips. this is my pallet. top 3 slots are attack spells tech mags and wands, middle is the gi-resta reverser with a whip, below is atk def debuffs mag with saber, bottom is buff pallet. i rest my case sarcastic one

You choose to limit yourself to two slots, then. You can easily free up a slot for a matching wand there. Props on using debuffs though, not many people do.

and,

whats an acrotecher without whips

A fast techer.

Jerriel
Jun 11, 2008, 08:03 PM
That is true, but assume that the hit that kills is faster than Resta?

if people die before resta is cast then they just get revived with a scapedoll if they dont have any then they are just plain out not good. NOOBS

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 08:52 PM
i say resta a good TECH-user shouldn't have to revive the dead

LuigiMario
Jun 11, 2008, 11:17 PM
Fuck resta, Giresta all the way with Har/Quick and a madoog. I'm a Cast/Beast BTW, so tech boosts not needed.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 11:18 PM
Level 40 Resta: major accomplishment, god of support techers.
Level 40 Giresta: 1 hr in a buff party.

1 hr in a Buff Party : Best healing supporter ever
Major Accomplishment: Not better than Lv40 Giresta

See how funny that part is?

Theoderic
Jun 12, 2008, 11:53 AM
So much rude talk and negativity. I just wanted to hear other opinions. I already chose Giresta (38) as it can actually save people the usage of scapes, and I find using it on my NPCs a bit more tolerable than using Resta. I think as an Acrotecher with a Har/Quick I am pretty fast at healing. I think it's the same as a FT using Resta on the same weapon (Madoog or Wand), healing a bit less, but I usually heal when people are about halfway... I'll eventually level Resta in my spare time. Let's let the thread die though... Making a new one.