PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Shred the Darkness! (JP's next event)

EspioKaos
Jun 11, 2008, 03:50 PM
From Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080611b.html), via an article published in the most recent issue of Dengeki PlayStation, we have a few more details on Japan's next big event, Shred the Darkness (http://psupedia.info/Shred_the_Darkness). This event will be based around the climax of Episode 3 and is supposed to begin at some point later this month. We now know that there will be three mission types in this event: extermination, defense and purification.

Extermination mission
* Enemies confirmed for this mission are Svaltus, Rygutass and De Ragan.
* Basic run and kill mission.

Defense mission
* Screenshots in the magazine show blue areas on the map. It is speculated that you must ward off enemy attacks from these areas.
* Dilnazen is confirmed to appear in this mission.

Purification mission
* Seems to be a standard SEED purification mission. (Maybe it will use the Photon Breaker?)
* Most, if not all, enemies will be dark element in this mission.
* Looks like a new type of SEED Blume will make an appearance. The article describes it as being pyramid-shaped.
* Dulk Fakis is confirmed to appear in this mission.

Well, that's all we've got for now. Hopefully some more information (or an official announcement from SonicTeam) will surface soon.

DarkEliteRico
Jun 11, 2008, 03:52 PM
Finally a dark based event, dark armor and high % light weapons back in high demand (possibly)

ShadowDragon28
Jun 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
Awesome.
I *pray* this event will release or have the Dark(Darkness) Wing extra slot unit if there's an Item Exchange... I need that unit.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hmm, pretty vague for now. I'll save my pessimism for later. As long as its more like Firebreak and less like Shitexperienceatyou Attack G, it may be promising.

P.S. Great name too.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 03:59 PM
Blue areas on the map?

Im curious as to what the missions will look like for this event.

Events are always the coolest thing about this game, since it has something new. But the sad thing is, there will never be any suprise for us, since the event isnt going to touch us until this time next year.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 11, 2008, 04:03 PM
* Looks like a new type of SEED Blume will make an appearance. The article describes it as being pyramid-shaped..

We're gonna fight Pyramid-Head?! o-o

DarkEliteRico
Jun 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
We're gonna fight Pyramid-Head?! o-ojust run past him, they're slow and stupid ^^;

Ken_Silver
Jun 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
From what I can tell, this is the Dark Firebreak.

Nice!

ShadowDragon28
Jun 11, 2008, 04:20 PM
ST give Darkness Wings plz!
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/n82403621_30998510_6300.jpg

Kamica
Jun 11, 2008, 04:22 PM
I am contemplating a return for this event.

DarkEliteRico
Jun 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/n82403621_30998510_6300.jpg

Goodness those would look awesome on my acrofighter as she spins around with her daggers/claws

DarkEliteRico
Jun 11, 2008, 04:25 PM
I am contemplating a return for this event.
You're one of "those people" heck we haven't even finished MAG yet and it may be another 3-6 months before we even see this since we haven't even got denkegi yet

pikachief
Jun 11, 2008, 04:29 PM
y are u guys thinking its a dark event?

I see Svaltus which is light and so is the other enemy i beleive, also a De Ragan....

in the pictures there are also no dark enemies.

Miyoko
Jun 11, 2008, 04:30 PM
Feh. More dark garbage. Lame. We've only had one event that -didn't- have a big dark segment to it, why want more? >_>

Freshellent
Jun 11, 2008, 04:33 PM
Outfsckin'standing. This should be fairly badass.

Rust
Jun 11, 2008, 04:41 PM
We're gonna fight Pyramid-Head?! o-o

Oh, please no. PSU would become way too much hardcore with those. :wacko:

Dragwind
Jun 11, 2008, 04:44 PM
Interesting. Can't wait for more details.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 11, 2008, 04:54 PM

DO WANTlight version.

EspioKaos
Jun 11, 2008, 05:03 PM
y are u guys thinking its a dark event?

I see Svaltus which is light and so is the other enemy i beleive, also a De Ragan....

in the pictures there are also no dark enemies.

"Shred the Darkness?" ;)

But yes, you've got a point. Not all of the missions will be based around dark enemies. Shougai confirms that the purification mission will be mostly dark (I think I forgot to mention that in the first post), but the other missions will likely have a mixture of elements. Of the first two screens SonicTeam showed us, there is a fire-element Gol Dolva and what seems to be a fire Ollaka (it's hard to tell since its infobox is fading in the screen). And as you said, Svaltus will likely be light; Rygutass, too, as its only known element is light (never known a Stateria to be otherwise).

Jakosifer
Jun 11, 2008, 05:15 PM
Feh. More dark garbage. Lame. We've only had one event that -didn't- have a big dark segment to it, why want more? >_>

Someone hates megid. :D

But seriously, I may or may not come back for this event, depends on future details.

Kion
Jun 11, 2008, 05:17 PM
omg, japan is getting another event? we're only what, 6 months behind in content up date waiting for dengeki and japan is already getting another event? i hate this shit, sega sucks and i can't believe i pay for this crappy fail fest of a game.
/sarcasm

someone was this sooner or later. in b4 real baaaw fest

BigshowPat
Jun 11, 2008, 05:17 PM
I guess we'll see this event in the year 2020. Anyways, looking forward to it at least!

Kylie
Jun 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
Sounds interesting. I hope they set this up like Firebreak. :) Ya know, without all the unlock this, unlock that BS.

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 05:21 PM
We'll probably get this one between september and december (depends if ST will try to reduce the current 4 month delay to 2/3 months or if they will increase our delay even more ._.)

ShadowDragon28
Jun 11, 2008, 05:23 PM
Someone hates megid. :D

But seriously, I may or may not come back for this event, depends on future details.

I love megid, I EAT megid for breakfest! It tastes like chicken! Rawr!

VectormanX
Jun 11, 2008, 05:32 PM
I cant wait to see what those pyramids look like! :O

Alizarin
Jun 11, 2008, 05:43 PM
Defense mission
* Screenshots in the magazine show blue areas on the map. It is speculated that you must ward off enemy attacks from these areas.
* Dilnazen is confirmed to appear in this mission.

Defense huh? Seems like a mission that will appeal to Wartechers. Sounds good to me.

Kinako78
Jun 11, 2008, 05:51 PM
Sounds awesome! :)

Kinako78
Jun 11, 2008, 05:53 PM

Fine, I'll do it without you. :p

In fact, you can just stay in my cage during the whole of the event. :p

stukasa
Jun 11, 2008, 06:27 PM
I'll take my events one at a time, thank you very much! First we get MAG 2, then Dengeki, THEN I'll start thinking about this event. However, it's nice to know we've got another new event lined up (whenever ST decides to give it to us :p).

NA/EU servers need faster updates. I don't like hearing about new stuff I won't get for 6 months. :(

RadiantLegend
Jun 11, 2008, 06:42 PM
PSU: The Events

Events are nice but man one right after the other......

Ezodagrom
Jun 11, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'll take my events one at a time, thank you very much! First we get MAG 2, then Dengeki, THEN I'll start thinking about this event. However, it's nice to know we've got another new event lined up (whenever ST decides to give it to us :p).

NA/EU servers need faster updates. I don't like hearing about new stuff I won't get for 6 months. :(

Now we're 4/5 months behind jp, and if we get neudaiz gbr/white beast S2 on june 27th (it's just a rumour though), it might be able to reduce the delay to 3/4 months behind jp.

Jakosifer
Jun 11, 2008, 06:48 PM
Huh, now that I think about it, this REALLY takes it to home how far behind we are in comparison to JP hahaha.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 06:51 PM
This is pathetic. We are so far away from the JP people it isnt even funny.

I dont think you people understand that we wont even be HEARING about this event from Sega of America for another 10 months.

Yes, we are THAT far behind. Im taking in consideration future screwups and whatever delays we might (and most likely will) recieve from Lightning Carnival.

Rayokarna
Jun 11, 2008, 06:53 PM
This is pathetic. We are so far away from the JP people it isnt even funny.

I dont think you people understand that we wont even be HEARING about this event from Sega of America for another 10 months.

Yes, we are THAT far behind. Im taking in consideration future screwups and whatever delays we might (and most likely will) recieve from Lightning Carnival.

Dude, chill out. A date for it isn't even confirmed for it yet.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 06:54 PM
Damn! 10 months!

I can hate on ST like its my job, but even I don't think it will take that long.

Zorafim
Jun 11, 2008, 07:15 PM
I guess we'll see this event in the year 2020.

I'll be there to show you around the neighborhood.

mvffin
Jun 11, 2008, 11:30 PM
You're one of "those people" WHO PLAY ON THE JP SERVERS

fix't

Defense huh? Seems like a mission that will appeal to Wartechers. Sounds good to me.

from what it says, you'll be preventing enemies from getting to a certain spot on the map, so I don't see how that would affect WT.

I would try using Barada Chamga to lure them away. If there are any small/medium enemies that is, since all they have so far is Dil(hole)nazen.

landman
Jun 12, 2008, 03:41 AM
Interesting, thanks for the info Espio, and since this will be an story based event I hope there will be spoilers in the future posts, for those who care about the storyline lol

darkante
Jun 12, 2008, 07:10 AM
fix't

from what it says, you'll be preventing enemies from getting to a certain spot on the map, so I don't see how that would affect WT.

I would try using Barada Chamga to lure them away. If there are any small/medium enemies that is, since all they have so far is Dil(hole)nazen.

I wonder if confuse would help on this mission.

Vent
Jun 12, 2008, 07:19 AM
I wonder if confuse would help on this mission.

Depends, I don't really see how a defense missions will be hard though. Will they just rush past and ignore your or will they attack you in the meantime? Or is it a combination of the two?

There are enough knockback skills out there and one ranger spamming grenade launcher should be enough, right?

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 12, 2008, 07:20 AM
Wrapping up the story, are they..? If they don't announce another expansion soon, then that means they're already working on the next iteration of the franchise and moving on... or simply supporting PSU until nobody plays it anymore.

Ezodagrom
Jun 12, 2008, 07:22 AM
Wrapping up the story, are they..? If they don't announce another expansion soon, then that means they're already working on the next iteration of the franchise and moving on... or simply supporting PSU until nobody plays it anymore.

Probably there's at least 1 more expansion for psu, with ep3 story offline, while online it's likely it'll get just new missions, and no episode 4.

Arika
Jun 12, 2008, 07:32 AM
I cant wait to see what those pyramids look like! :O

I think it will be just the SEED-core-like monster.
The one that you need to use special tool to purify it ,and then it will drop a polymer.. ._.

Rust
Jun 12, 2008, 07:44 AM
I think it will be just the SEED-core-like monster.
The one that you need to use special tool to purify it ,and then it will drop a monomate.. ._.

:wacko:

Cracka_J
Jun 12, 2008, 08:21 AM
lol, if the news about what jp is getting bothers you people that much, don't read it.
Personally, I like knowing whats going to arrive in the future. You guys set yourselves up for major disappointment when you expect this stuff at your doorstep tomorrow. Have they missed an event yet?

back on topic, thanks for the info espio. top-tier psu news reporting, as always.

panzer_unit
Jun 12, 2008, 09:16 AM

God those are emo. Do they play My Chemical Romance songs about catching cancer?
The only way to kick it up would be if they had a unit that just made one wing.

I'm really lookin' forward to Evil Firebreak, the original one was by far the best event PSU's had.