PDA

View Full Version : Uber slow lvling :(

MiniBrian
Jun 11, 2008, 08:14 PM
Im lvl 80 ( i'll lvl up tonight prob) and it seems that i am lvling way to slow. I might actually be progressing fast but b4 MAG I was 20 and now im 80 :/. I am doing a lot of the new mission thats on the Guradians Colony (forgot name :( ) I was wondering what missions I should do that has good exp. I'm not as conserned about drops. Anyhelp would be appreciated ^^

DarkEliteRico
Jun 11, 2008, 08:29 PM
You're in for the long haul now my young friend.....just keep grinding and you'll eventually lvl up again.

MiniBrian
Jun 11, 2008, 08:44 PM
D: thats what i was hopeing i wouldn't have 2 do

shadowsniper6
Jun 11, 2008, 08:45 PM

lol but nothing is easy lol

afterthoughtz
Jun 11, 2008, 08:47 PM
Yo minibrian whatsup? you know me btw:)

Advent-
Jun 11, 2008, 09:22 PM
White Beast or Seal of the Dark god.

You'll probably choose White beast, though. :l

Ken_Silver
Jun 11, 2008, 09:31 PM
Aww, I feel for you MiniBrain.

I'm in the same loop, but I'm at level 89 now. I hope MAG comes back soon. But even then, I need to use that time to get my Alt's straight.

Aaah the grindfest that is all MMORPG's.

Love the System. Hate the System.

Zabrio
Jun 11, 2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah outside of events lving isn't that fast and agreeing with the others white beast and Seal of the dark god are good for experiance

Jakosifer
Jun 11, 2008, 09:59 PM
Yea after you get the insane exp from what I like to call "Giveaway" events, leveling up normally seems like the biggest drag EVER.

Metal Heart
Jun 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
haha yea it would be tough for a Mag baby like you (tis what i call al mag lvlr's like the post ww2 baby boomers) but be glad, you think you're lvling slow, but back when i started last august of 07, jeesh, 40 and 50 was an accomplishment. just keep running, find some new friends you can talk while running, it will go by, or, since you're a mag baby, start lvling those PA's i know you don't have (mag babies tend to have low pa's...) and while lvling the PA's you gain experience both for the art and yourself, two goals in one. best place to double like that is Plains Overlord and exploit teh noob holes, i can show you if you need me to gt == xMetal Heartx

furrypaws
Jun 11, 2008, 10:13 PM
haha yea it would be tough for a Mag baby like you (tis what i call al mag lvlr's like the post ww2 baby boomers) but be glad, you think you're lvling slow, but back when i started last august of 07, jeesh, 40 and 50 was an accomplishment. just keep running, find some new friends you can talk while running, it will go by, or, since you're a mag baby, start lvling those PA's i know you don't have (mag babies tend to have low pa's...) and while lvling the PA's you gain experience both for the art and yourself, two goals in one. best place to double like that is Plains Overlord and exploit teh noob holes, i can show you if you need me to gt == xMetal Heartx

Well then, you never played back in February, where 20 was an achievement.

*insert post about not starting in October, where 5 was an achievement*

Truly, the best way to level is to, in my opinion, just find missions you like to do, friends you like to hang out with, and enjoy yourself. I know that, even though I've been 68 for the past few weeks or so, I've had more fun on PSU than I've had in a while just joking around with friends. Remember, you're paying 10 dollars a month for enjoyment. If grinding is your way of fun, then...by all means, have fun.

Metal Heart
Jun 11, 2008, 10:21 PM
btw seal of the dark god where is that? i know THE dark god, but not seal of the dark god.

and another thing does this site on the mission areas also list japanese ones that have come out cuz i have never heard of sakura warpath and some of those others (Seed Experess???)

Turb0
Jun 11, 2008, 10:30 PM
To the OP, just keep doing missions and you'll eventually get there. I don't really know why everyone is obsessed with leveling though. As long as you're doing missions you get experience, so why not focus on something else while you're leveling?

btw seal of the dark god where is that? i know THE dark god, but not seal of the dark god.

and another thing does this site on the mission areas also list japanese ones that have come out cuz i have never heard of sakura warpath and some of those others (Seed Experess???)

The dark god starts at rykros. Just go to dallgun plaza and instead of doing true darkness, do the black nest and you're there.

And yes, this site lists missions that aren't out on our servers yet. A general rule of thumb is if it has 150+ enemies, we don't have it. (with the exception of things like white beast which we only have up to S)

Metal Heart
Jun 11, 2008, 10:33 PM
To the OP, just keep doing missions and you'll eventually get there. I don't really know why everyone is obsessed with leveling though. As long as you're doing missions you get experience, so why not focus on something else while you're leveling?

The dark god starts at rykros. Just go to dallgun plaza and instead of doing true darkness, do the black nest and you're there.

And yes, this site lists missions that aren't out on our servers yet. A general rule of thumb is if it has 150+ enemies, we don't have it. (with the exception of things like white beast which we only have up to S)

i know where dark god starts but why do people call it Seal of the Dark God, that's not its name at all!!!

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 10:40 PM

Unless you plan on running White Beasts over, and over, and over, and over, dont worry about leveling up.

Ive been active on this game since Firebreak and still dont have a character thats in the triple digits yet, while i know people who have joined no more than 2 months ago and already have hit the Cap and have the top weapons in the game. (BEFORE Mag was released.) However, my level 86 Main can still severely outdamage him.

I say tour the planets, do the missions you rarely do, and have fun with the game, because trust me, a trip through Parum with one or two people is far more fun than obliterating White Beasts or Plains Overlord S2 over and over again with 6 people.

There are level 109 people in this game who dont even fucking know what Lake Denes is.

Or have seen the waterfall section in the game. (Prettiest lobby ever.)

Or even have seen the Night variant of the Raffion Plains level in Duel in the Ruins.

You people complain about this game, its visuals, and its content, but you only run 3% of it. Every newbie i see on this game usually is found running missions in areas that NOBODY ever visits, cant complete the missions so they find the hotspots to play with people,gets tired of the hotspots, and then quits the game without ever really playing it.

Tell sonic team to make the Rewards/ EXP multipliers in the missions lower when you Teleport there, or when you spam them over and over again. Then maybe people can start touring the Planets and playing the missions.

Then again, i HATE moatoob, so if you dont tour that planet i dont blame you. The music is horrible.

Metal Heart
Jun 11, 2008, 10:42 PM
Unless you plan on running White Beasts over, and over, and over, and over, dont worry about leveling up.

Ive been active on this game since Firebreak and still dont have a character thats in the triple digits yet, while i know people who have joined no more than 2 months ago and already have hit the Cap and have the top weapons in the game. (BEFORE Mag was released.) However, my level 86 Main can still severely outdamage him.

I say tour the planets, do the missions you rarely do, and have fun with the game, because trust me, a trip through Parum with one or two people is far more fun than obliterating White Beasts or Plains Overlord S2 over and over again with 6 people.

There are level 109 people in this game who dont even fucking know what Lake Denes is.

Or even have seen the Nighttime variant of the Raffion Plains level in Duel in the Ruins.

You people complain about this game, its visuals, and its content, but you only run 3% of it.

lol Don't you love the complaints mag babies and AotI babies say?

Advent-
Jun 11, 2008, 10:43 PM
i know where dark god starts but why do people call it Seal of the Dark God, that's not its name at all!!!Before they released it on our servers, it was called "Seal of the Dark God".

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 10:44 PM
lol Don't you love the complaints mag babies and AotI babies say?

...What are you talking about? Did i not just say ive been playing this game since firebreak?

furrypaws
Jun 11, 2008, 10:47 PM

Or even have seen the Night variant of the Raffion Plains level in Duel in the Ruins.

You people complain about this game, its visuals, and its content, but you only run 3% of it. Every newbie i see on this game usually is found running missions in areas that NOBODY ever visits, cant complete the missions so they find the hotspots to play with people,gets tired of the hotspots, and then quits the game without ever really playing it.

Tell sonic team to make the Rewards/ EXP multipliers in the missions lower when you Teleport there, or when you spam them over and over again. Then maybe people can start touring the Planets and playing the missions.

Then again, i HATE moatoob, so if you dont tour that planet i dont blame you. The music is horrible.

YAY. I agree. Although, while I do like the Foran Waterfall, my favorite would probably be the hot springs. My friends and I used to go there a lot. Paracabana is pretty nice too. Oh, and I like Moonlight Beast on Neudaiz. Neudaiz is pretty at night.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 10:52 PM
Neudaiz i believe is overall the best planet on the game. It has the best music and for most classes is pretty difficult to survive in due to monsters who spam Technics that do absolutely devastating Status Effects (Freeze, Stun).

I have to admit though, being a Fortetecher or Newman really makes the most difference on Neudaiz. People complain about MST being useless, but i personally see a huge difference.

ThEoRy
Jun 11, 2008, 11:06 PM
Whats funny is that sega actually made leveling from 1-100 a bit faster since aoti came out then it was originally pre aoti.

You youngsters and your instant gratification attitude :P
When I was a kid it took weeks of grinding the same runs over and over just to gain a tenth of a level. And we liked it!

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 11:15 PM
Well, normal people dont.

This isnt a fucking Korean MMO.

lolURISH
Jun 11, 2008, 11:20 PM
"Once you've closed your mind to something, it can never again be reopened"
-Some Azn.

lol none the less if you don't take in the full aspect of the game your going to get tired of it very quickly.

EMPYREAN
Jun 12, 2008, 03:12 AM
this game is all aboute slow xp grind. i kinda whis that the xp boost was removed in events or toned down cuz, it gives the newcomers a wrong idea aboute how this game is.
like MAG, where we had a 250% xp boost is just way to mutsh. 50% would be good. that way ppl wouldent be spoild aboute the insane xp but still it wold be more xp than nrmal.

(bad english, yes i know)

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 12, 2008, 07:30 AM
Event EXP is stupidly fast and annoys me how easy it is to level up. As it is, it's still too easy to level up quickly since AOTI was released. There's little to no challenge in PSU now and at any sign of it, people avoid it at all costs. Forget Her Secret Mission S for the casuals.

Cracka_J
Jun 12, 2008, 07:43 AM
Just play what you enjoy playing, don't worry too much about your level. Any nub can cap during an event anyway, it really isn't that big of a deal anymore. I actually enjoy the added xp during the events, because it removed yet another thing that elitists could hold above the heads of the average players...and it weeded a lot of them out of the game.

If you absolutely need levels to play certain mission requirements with friends, definitely check out white beast on Neudiaz for pure exp, or AMF subway (the 2nd stage in parum AMF HQ) for pure MP. AMF is a bit less exp because it has no boss ending, but it does have 5 blocks of fairly good sized enemy spawns for pa leveling. It's a really good alternative to WB if you get sick of it, and it offers about 2x the MP of white beast S on A, and about 3~4xMP on S. Pretty solid mission for leveling.

Iduno
Jun 12, 2008, 08:52 AM
meh at 80 you can get at quite a lot to offer so slow down and just go run what's fun, its not like its a race to a new cap or something so just go exploring and just let the exp acumulate on its own.

If you rush too much with grinding you'll never have time to properly enjoy the game and when you're maxed out the exp full messege will keep making you question the point of doing runs on that charater

tirith
Jun 12, 2008, 09:10 AM
wish there was an option to turn off the xp full message... you'd that after the first 300 kill's we'd figure out the xp wasn't goin up anymore....

and in my day we walked to school uphill.. both ways.. yeah.......

p.s. ya could try doin the guardian boost road <whichever is running atm> though i've found that i'd rather hunt for rares to improve my chars while lvling up their skills cuz most of em are still only around lvl 20

Metal Heart
Jun 12, 2008, 09:12 AM
dude i wasn't calling you a mag baby or AotI baby i was agreeing you... thats why i quoted you

DarkDeception
Jun 12, 2008, 11:35 AM
I find the leveling up extremely fast and I'm just doing random missions. I gain a level every 2-3 days. PSO took much long and so did PSU at launch. Although I never pay attention I just go where I feel like it each day and have fun. Doing a planet trip gets some good exp and is really fun with a group of friends. I highly recommend doing one of those to level

furrypaws
Jun 12, 2008, 03:43 PM
meh at 80 you can get at quite a lot to offer so slow down and just go run what's fun, its not like its a race to a new cap or something so just go exploring and just let the exp acumulate on its own.

If you rush too much with grinding you'll never have time to properly enjoy the game and when you're maxed out the exp full messege will keep making you question the point of doing runs on that charater

This too. The only reason I feel pushed to grind is so I don't hold back all my other level 130 friends from doing higher ranked missions. I'm 68, so most of that concern will go away in 7-12 levels, but just play to your heart's content.

I wish they wouldn't give so much EXP at the events either. It seems like they're using that to compensate for actual content, which is never fun.

Ezodagrom
Jun 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
Well, after lvl 100 you don't need any more lvls, the missions that have the highest lvl required to run them at the highest difficulty is lvl 100.

MiniBrian
Jun 12, 2008, 07:40 PM
Aww, I feel for you MiniBrain.

I'm in the same loop, but I'm at level 89 now. I hope MAG comes back soon. But even then, I need to use that time to get my Alt's straight.

Aaah the grindfest that is all MMORPG's.

Love the System. Hate the System.

hmmm good that someone feels my pain ^^

Elley
Jun 12, 2008, 08:47 PM
I feel your pain as well. Need to level up my techer from 68 to 80 by the time the event hits in a couple of weeks. Sooooo sloooooow.

CelestialBlade
Jun 12, 2008, 08:54 PM
Whaaaaaaaat? Play some other MMOs like FFXI, Everquest, and Ragnarok Online and you'll begin to see how *fast* PSU is for leveling. Hell, it's faster than PSO in some aspects. In no way is leveling in PSU slow, even if all you do is solo random missions rather than spam White Beast all day long.

Elley
Jun 13, 2008, 01:04 AM
Whaaaaaaaat? Play some other MMOs like FFXI, Everquest, and Ragnarok Online and you'll begin to see how *fast* PSU is for leveling. Hell, it's faster than PSO in some aspects. In no way is leveling in PSU slow, even if all you do is solo random missions rather than spam White Beast all day long.

Duh it's faster than other MMORPGs. I'm saying in comparison to the event it feels like molasses.

BERTHA!
Jun 13, 2008, 01:35 AM
The mission is called white beast
Do it constantly