PDA

View Full Version : Newman questions.

Newman_Gh0st
Jun 11, 2008, 09:17 PM
I havent been a newman in a year.

Can someone tell me what spells i should get?

What weapons?

Unit slots/Armor

And i also need help with a name :P

Thankks.

Magus_84
Jun 11, 2008, 09:20 PM
I havent been a newman in a year.

Can someone tell me what spells i should get?

What weapons?

Unit slots/Armor

And i also need help with a name :P

Thankks.

What class are you going for? "Newman" is a race. >_> If you're going, say...Fighgunner, your PA choices and equipment will be vastly different than a Fortetecher.

Newman_Gh0st
Jun 11, 2008, 09:35 PM
Aww my bad :p

Fortetecher

Ken_Silver
Jun 11, 2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, the topic is a bit broad. But in general, the classes that work well for newmans are Acrotecher, Guntecher, Wartecher, Fortetecher, Force (lol) and I suppose that Fortegunner and Acrofighter would be okay as well.

As for a name, make it look like it fits into the PSU world. Every fleshie character has a first and last name, so youe character should too. Casts can only have one name, like Lou, but don't have to like Renvolt Magashi.

Not that it matters, but its a pet peeve of mine. When I see dumb names online, it bothers me. "Hey I'm working with Hyuga Right, Tonnio Rhinma and STFUDragon!!!"

Lamesauce? Just a little.

EDIT: Now you tell me. LOL. Well, I have no idea for a fortetecher, but I hope you take my name advice.

Newman_Gh0st
Jun 11, 2008, 09:43 PM
Same..when i create characters i end up hating there name :(

furrypaws
Jun 11, 2008, 10:21 PM
They don't NEED last names. In fact, I find it a little strange when they do.

Although I did develop a first and last name for my character "Furrypaws" (Daniel Grotz) just for an RP to fit in.

If you wanted, you could be Newman Ghost, or Ghost Newman. Just find one that fits your style.

Ken_Silver
Jun 11, 2008, 10:42 PM
They don't NEED last names. In fact, I find it a little strange when they do.

Although I did develop a first and last name for my character "Furrypaws" (Daniel Grotz) just for an RP to fit in.

If you wanted, you could be Newman Ghost, or Ghost Newman. Just find one that fits your style.

Lol. I dunno. Maybe I play too much into the story. After playing episode one and all, I wanted all of my characters to have a full name (minus my Casts) because of that.

Kenneth Silver sounds like a Guardian name. "Shoodawoop" or "cOnQueReZ" doesn't. But that's just me.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 10:49 PM
Aww my bad :p

Fortetecher

Start off with :

Foie (of course)
Dambarta
Diga

Anything after that, choose on your own. Try not to focus on one element of spells, because as you get higher you will be relying on those elemental attacks to do the bulk of your damage, so having only one tier element of spells leveled is going to come back to bite you later on.

However, try to get them all to Lv11 before you start to really really use them. SPECIFICALLY Ra- technics. They absolutely SUCK under level 11. ( I actually think they suck all around, but thats just me. Huge range and only 3 targets is fail)

ThEoRy
Jun 11, 2008, 10:58 PM
Armor : Rabol Orpad or Rabol Lebfa- super high evasion ftw!
Slots : Har Quick
Solid Knight
Orpad Legs - even higher super high evasion for the super win!

Techs : All
Bullets: All Bow Shots
All Card Shots

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 11:02 PM
Oh yeah, all other classes HATE it, but Evasion is one of the most awesomest and amazingest things you will ever notice about being a Techer.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 11, 2008, 11:12 PM
Fortetecher...... depends if your going to focus on high support or offense, becuase if you work on all spells at once your going to get bored and your not going to have anything to really use to a great advantage, if your going to support then just level up the basic buffs along with resta/reverser.

If your going to be an offensive Fortetecher then id go with three basic spells with 2 Ra spells and a Dam spell, but thats just to get yourself started, after your fortetecher is relaly up there then start to work on other elements since thats basically all your going to have left to do.

For Rp reasons btw I believe you can add a last name if you want >> you neccessarily dont have to have it in your username since it just looks cluttered to me. My characters full name is Stryker Diaz but course I only have Stryker up.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 12, 2008, 09:34 AM
I would get the basic spells (foie, diga, barta and zonde) and the ra spells (rafoie, radiga, rabarta and razonde) because they teach you how to aim as an FT. Of course you should also get reverser and resta.

Just try which techs you like using, in the end you will get them all anyway.

DarkDeception
Jun 12, 2008, 10:14 AM
Starting off i would avoid barta and zonde as they can really get annoying by not leveling up with everything else. Foie and diga are must haves since they are what you usually use on a boss early on at least.

Resta and reverser are nice to have as early as possible. Resta can save money early on when the funds are tight. Although maybe that isn't true anymore it has been a long time since I was a new FT.

Dambarta is a popular tech as it is very useful and easy to level. Buffs are great if you want to go support. However a lot of people get mad if you don't have them... trust me I know I just got them now and I've been playing since launch.

In summary I suggest getting everything in the end but starting out it would be in your best interest to get a few to level 11 then move to the next group and repeat this until you have what you want. Then move them up to 21.

Foie, Diga, Resta, Reverser, Dambarta, and a Ra spell of your choice. IMO thats the best set to start with. Get new spells and diversify your techs as fast as possible. It makes being a techer more fun.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 12, 2008, 06:27 PM
Agito Repca, Ank Zagza... oh fortetecher eh? Ehhhh. :P

Also, may I recommend using your own name perhaps? My newman only uses my first name (didn't put a last for her), but it's nice hearing my name. :p