PDA

View Full Version : Lou is the Sex Symbol of PSU

TrekkiesUnite
Jun 12, 2008, 01:56 AM
Ok, in the intro for Phantasy Star Portable there was one thing that stuck out. All the NPCs are either in battle shots or doing something serious. All except Lou. Lou is instead moving into a position and moving as if she is about to do some sort of Sexy Dance. Is Lou the Sex Symbol of PSU in Japan or something? I mean I don't really know what Japan finds attractive but if this is any clue they are clearly into Metal.

Proof:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/TrekkiesUnite118/SexyLou.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/TrekkiesUnite118/SexyLou2.jpg

In the one pic shes even winking at you like she wants to seduce you.

And while we are on this topic Maya Shidow is clearly the Village Bicycle of PSU, everyone has had a ride and she is wearing the most revealing and Risqu'e outfits out of all the NPCs. And not only that she is training Lumia to be her replacement, I mean look at the outfit she gave her, she even said it was the outfit she used when she first started working. What did she start working you ask? The street most likely. And this also means Ethans priorities are pretty messed up. I mean, he's ok with his sister selling herself to the filthy man beasts of Gurhal but not ok with her killing the Mad Beasts of Parum? Whats up with that? The NPCs are just becoming less like heroes and more like people on the bad side of the moral spectrum.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 12, 2008, 01:58 AM
stfu trekkie

SonicTMP
Jun 12, 2008, 02:00 AM
Japan loves their lolibots. As if Partner machines wasn't a big enough clue?

Ashkahn
Jun 12, 2008, 02:01 AM
Lolibots and Manbot-on-Loli action?

What DOESN'T PSyoU have?!

ashley50
Jun 12, 2008, 02:03 AM
you're thinking too much.

RemiusTA
Jun 12, 2008, 02:17 AM
I cant believe you challenged our intelligence at the PSOW forums and brought this topic from the officials

But im glad, because i can say "Fucking Retarded" here and not get the banhammer

Fuck damn shit hell

TrekkiesUnite
Jun 12, 2008, 02:23 AM
I cant believe you challenged our intelligence at the PSOW forums and brought this topic from the officials

But im glad, because i can say "Fucking Retarded" here and not get the banhammer

Fuck damn shit hell

You are obviously too retarded to understand my wit.

Rayokarna
Jun 12, 2008, 02:25 AM
LOL. I had a read of this on offical forums and found it funny. I was just too lazy to post.

Nice work, I needed this XD.

Morganna
Jun 12, 2008, 02:27 AM
Sexy Lou is Sexy.

-Ryuki-
Jun 12, 2008, 02:33 AM
Sexy Lou is Sexy.

Agreed.

And Maya is not a bicycle. She's a hot Newearl.

Ashkahn
Jun 12, 2008, 02:37 AM
Maya's not a bike. More like a public pool if I've ever seen one.

Mewnie
Jun 12, 2008, 03:18 AM
hawt robots, yus. hawt newmans, yus.

what's the problem here?

not enough beasts! >:3

landman
Jun 12, 2008, 03:29 AM
Lou = moe (and after Chapter 4, moe+)

Leah
Jun 12, 2008, 03:37 AM

Fuck damn shit hell

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic52671_3.gif

Alastor_Haven
Jun 12, 2008, 03:38 AM
I'd hit it

wait wut

Syl
Jun 12, 2008, 03:41 AM
hawt robots, yus. hawt newmans, yus.

what's the problem here?

not enough beasts! >:3

They're too busy stealing the next season's decorations from Neudaiz D:

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 12, 2008, 04:15 AM
Ok, in the intro for Phantasy Star Portable there was one thing that stuck out. All the NPCs are either in battle shots or doing something serious. All except Lou. Lou is instead moving into a position and moving as if she is about to do some sort of Sexy Dance.

That is a is Lou's "battle shot". That's a rotating shot of Lou's pose for firing her SUV. That shot from the Phantasy Star Portable opening shows her silhouette firing it at the camera a few frames later. The Ambition of the Illuminus opening shows basically the exact same scene. That wink looks more like that eye is in the shadow of her tilting head.

Chibi_psu
Jun 12, 2008, 04:20 AM
After doing the subquest in chapter 4 i want this new lou card :3

chaoskila
Jun 12, 2008, 04:40 AM
the sex symbol is defiantly that sexy boobie monster scientiest

Nanosystem
Jun 12, 2008, 05:13 AM
xD I think maya's infected, and not with the SEED-virus.

-Ryuki-
Jun 12, 2008, 05:19 AM
Sounds like a lot of haters, and all because of Maya's outfit.

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
Well, when you can pretty much see everything, you start getting ideas.

Though, I agree with this topic. Lou is friggen' hot.

RadiantLegend
Jun 12, 2008, 09:52 AM
Lou is fucking ugly and retarded.

I hate that bitch

Hiroko
Jun 12, 2008, 09:58 AM
<3 Lou. Enuff said.

Omega_Weltall
Jun 12, 2008, 09:59 AM
i never liked Lou if you ask me she looks llike a 14 year old girl so no thanks. I'll take Laia over her, though Maya is more my type.

Pentence
Jun 12, 2008, 10:09 AM
i never liked Lou if you ask me she looks llike a 14 year old girl so no thanks. I'll take Laia over her, though Maya is more my type.

In japan thats the norm,most women DO look like what we consider jailbait.They just got that carpenters dream gene ya know "flat as a board and easy to nail". XD

chicken105
Jun 12, 2008, 10:15 AM
PM #412 > Lou
JK O:

Shinko
Jun 12, 2008, 10:17 AM
The Japanese are prev. so i don't see how anyone is shocked by this. We all should know this by now..... especially if you watch anime

Kinako78
Jun 12, 2008, 10:45 AM

Agreed. I actually kind of like her outfit.

Seority
Jun 12, 2008, 10:46 AM
Has anyone really noticed that there are lots of females in the PSU storyline compaired to the males. Also, all of them are either brilliant or incredibly strong in battle?
Pointing that out, the males are either, slightly stronger then the girls, or complete whimps.
Then again it's becoming more frequent in most animes/animish games now-a-days.

As far as Lou goes, I love her character, but wouldn't want to take her on a date. As far as Maya goes, she's brillant, but I can't take anyone seriously like that with how she's dressed. As far as Laia goes, she's a good fighter (in the story only) but definetly not sex-bait, which I do kind-of enjoy. She plays a good tom-boy role. Lumia's new/Maya's old suit isn't slutish at all. It's quite cute (and I can't wait for it to come out in shops. Uh-oh spolier! :wacko:)

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 12, 2008, 10:50 AM

Maya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lou, true story, and this isn't because of Maya's boobs. She's just overall hotter, she'd be hot even if she was flat-chested.

Omega_Weltall
Jun 12, 2008, 10:53 AM
The Japanese are prev. so i don't see how anyone is shocked by this. We all should know this by now..... especially if you watch anime

thats why i dont watch anime anymore. since series like Golgo 13 went away, i lost intrest.
Laia's flat and i'd still hit that

Yuicihi
Jun 12, 2008, 11:00 AM
You're all wrong.
The sex symbol is quite obviously Parn.

BFGfreak
Jun 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
Has everyone here forgot about Karen?

Sekani
Jun 12, 2008, 11:17 AM
You know, I'm not the kind of person who starts calling people nerds because they think a video game character is "hawt", but this is just over the line.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 12, 2008, 11:19 AM
Has everyone here forgot about Karen?

I would totally hit it. Karen that is.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
Has anyone really noticed that there are lots of females in the PSU storyline compaired to the males. Also, all of them are either brilliant or incredibly strong in battle?
Pointing that out, the males are either, slightly stronger then the girls, or complete whimps.

Except most of the game's true "god tier" characters (the ones you can't beat in Story Mode, who always look awesome and are 5 levels above you as PCs) are guys.

But they do have quite a few strong girl characters as well, which makes me happy. I strongly dislike sexism, be it from guys or from girls. Equality FTW. As for the female characters themselves, Miss "uber AA rank" Karen owns them all (even Laia, take that scrub). ;-)

ErtaiClou
Jun 12, 2008, 11:47 AM
It's kinda weird, I thought Lou was supposed to be modeled around Ethan and Laia's age, just petite. Wasn't til the the storymode mission I found out the real deal. Maybe Lou is just trying to do a cutesy pose in that pic like Lumia or something.

Kylie
Jun 12, 2008, 11:58 AM
Lou's okay, but I never thought of her as attractive. Her hair and clothes aren't really that outstanding, and I generally don't get all hot for bots. None of the characters are really what I'd call hot. However, I believe Maya was intended to be the sex symbol. Not just for her breasts, which aren't just out for shits and giggles, but she also has that kind of personality, where she uses her charm to get stuff. I think she's misunderstood though. After all, she might be the sluttiest, but she's also one of the smartest characters. If that isn't somewhat intriguing, I'm not sure what is.

Tamashi
Ok, in the intro for Phantasy Star Portable there was one thing that stuck out. All the NPCs are either in battle shots or doing something serious. All except Lou. Lou is instead moving into a position and moving as if she is about to do some sort of Sexy Dance. Is Lou the Sex Symbol of PSU in Japan or something? I mean I don't really know what Japan finds attractive but if this is any clue they are clearly into Metal.

Proof:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/TrekkiesUnite118/SexyLou.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/TrekkiesUnite118/SexyLou2.jpg

In the one pic shes even winking at you like she wants to seduce you.

What do you mean not doing something serious? I know you watched the video but did everyone who posted in this topic? Lou spins around to call her SUV. What we have here is simply a freeze frame of her spinning right before she calls her SUV. Thats pretty serious. ( SUVs are serious bussiness! )

She does that on both the aoti and psp opening. What happend to you people? You're supposed to be so skeptical of everything.

Meta77
but why is japan over obsessed with little girls. I mean look at lumia=skimpy dressed....thanks a lot maya. And every pm is a little girl looking character except the butler.....hes old. And dont you dare tell me the little eager helper is a boy shut the @#%@ up thats a girl.

TrekkiesUnite
Jun 12, 2008, 12:23 PM
What do you mean not doing something serious? I know you watched the video but did everyone who posted in this topic? Lou spins around to call her SUV. What we have here is simply a freeze frame of her spinning right before she calls her SUV. Thats pretty serious. ( SUVs are serious bussiness! )

She does that on both the aoti and psp opening. What happend to you people? You're supposed to be so skeptical of everything.

Explain the wink and the movement as if she is about to start shaking her fanny.

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
topic = ...wat?

I don't really see the point of this topic... sort of.

While you have an observant eye for these things TC and I give you credit what is to be gained out of this?

Yeah, for the "sex figure" of PSU and I think a more proper term would be "fan service character" the character you should be looking at is Maya. She is the one who takes that role and it is actually subdued compared to other fanservice characters like Fran of FFXII, Jessica from Dragon Quest VIII and that blonde chick from No More Heroes (from what I hear, never played the latter.) So for those who are against heavy fanservice, they should be thankful in that sense.

However, there is no denying the "loli" side of PSU; Lou and Lumia's "choice in clothing" and the whole Partner Machine fiasco. But what is "loli" to us is normal to Japanese people. Why? Heck, I dunno. But that's how it appears to be. The players in Japan aren't bothering or whining about it and to some extent, neither should we. I mean, nothing ventured, nothing gained, correct?

Personally, if there has to be a skimpy character in a video game (and there almost always needs to be one, because that sells :( ) then I rather it be the older woman (Maya) than the underage kid/robot. But then again, I can't control that can I?

This issue... what do you you do with it? *walks away puzzled* :nono:

Seority
Jun 12, 2008, 12:39 PM
Except most of the game's true "god tier" characters (the ones you can't beat in Story Mode, who always look awesome and are 5 levels above you as PCs) are guys.

But they do have quite a few strong girl characters as well, which makes me happy. I strongly dislike sexism, be it from guys or from girls. Equality FTW. As for the female characters themselves, Miss "uber AA rank" Karen owns them all (even Laia, take that scrub). ;-)

I know that Japanese, hell everyone, is having trouble giving females top power in any story. Everyone's coming around with giving females more power then they used to, but they probably won't hand over top gun for a while anyway.
Saying that a male is naturaly stronger then a female is no way sexist because it's damn nature! Men have more compasity for muscles then women do, while women tend to have more flexible muscles then men. Just how things are.

chaoskila
Jun 12, 2008, 12:45 PM
but why is japan over obsessed with little girls. I mean look at lumia=skimpy dressed....thanks a lot maya. And every pm is a little girl looking character except the butler.....hes old. And dont you dare tell me the little eager helper is a boy shut the @#%@ up thats a girl.

eye candy duh.
isnt obvious that japan loves that kind of stuff
and as for the PM. so hes a fruity guy leave him alone. and he uses a kohibumiteri. o noes. THATS A BOY DEAL WITH IT YOUR JUST JEALOUS OF THAT PM CUZ HE CAN USE "GAY" WEAPONS.

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 12:51 PM
I know that Japanese, hell everyone, is having trouble giving females top power in any story. Everyone's coming around with giving females more power then they used to, but they probably won't hand over top gun for a while anyway.
Saying that a male is naturaly stronger then a female is no way sexist because it's damn nature! Men have more compasity for muscles then women do, while women tend to have more flexible muscles then men. Just how things are.

Dude, you done did it now. If that was the case, scientist would have came out and said that years ago... Anyhow, I'm leaving before its too late. :razz:

*jumps overboard with a life jacket*

ThePendragon
Jun 12, 2008, 01:06 PM
Mirei>Lou>Vol Girl>Voloyal Sluts>Karen>Maya>Laia

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
ok ok so let me see if i can sum this up
USA loli=Dateline and Jailtime
Japan=Pat on the back and more loli.
Am i right?

The_Gio
Jun 12, 2008, 01:20 PM
are you serious? seriously? wow...hate to see how you think of girls in real life...Lou's pretty hot and Maya...well don't get me started on Maya...my point is all women in PSU are perfect,even the "ugly"ones. :D their meant to be perfect. Just like how every guy,no matter how fat they are in the game,have a six pack

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 01:33 PM
ok ok so let me see if i can sum this up
USA loli=Dateline and Jailtime
Japan=Pat on the back and more loli.
Am i right?

Yes. You pretty much hit the hammer with the nail... or however that saying goes.

Maybe we (USA) shouldn't be so uptight about these kinds of things? We do have other issues to worry about.

Just a thought.

Seority
Jun 12, 2008, 01:35 PM
Oi!
Get back in the water!
-pushes Ken off board-

Omega_Weltall
Jun 12, 2008, 01:35 PM
Mirei>Maya>Voloyal Sluts>Laia>Mother Brain>Vol Girl>Karen>Lou>Lolibots>Dark Falz>Pannons

that sums it up for me :D

Libram
Jun 12, 2008, 01:52 PM
I'm suddenly reminded of something I read back on Outpost Nine. Japanese men have two major obsessions: young girls and big boobs. Take from that what you will.

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 02:01 PM
all right i will......one word. Eiken.

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 02:05 PM
Oi!
Get back in the water!
-pushes Ken off board-

*blub?* XD :D :yes:

all right i will......one word. Eiken.

Unngh... I've unforunately saw that. A friend showed it to me... :nono:

Even I have limits. That was just SAD. :disapprove:

If you don't know what it is, be thankful. It makes Voloyal looks like Church Nuns.

... I mean it. :mad:

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 02:26 PM
*blub?* XD :D :yes:

Unngh... I've unforunately saw that. A friend showed it to me... :nono:

Even I have limits. That was just SAD. :disapprove:

If you don't know what it is, be thankful. It makes Voloyal looks like Church Nuns.

... I mean it. :mad:

lol yea eiken.....i was surprised the US let that pass. A elementary girl with @#% bigger than watermelons.

shadowsniper6
Jun 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
Mirei>Maya>Voloyal Sluts>Laia>Mother Brain>Vol Girl>Karen>Lou>Lolibots>Dark Falz>Pannons

that sums it up for me :D

thats funny lol

Seority
Jun 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
EIKEN is just amusing. Not attractive at all, just amusing. XD

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 02:38 PM
EIKEN is just amusing. Not attractive at all, just amusing. XD

lies! How can this not be wrong. Its so wrong im saying its wrong! LIttle girls are not that big.....ever and should never be.

Seority
Jun 12, 2008, 02:40 PM
Of course it's wrong. Just like beastiality, furries, bot-lovin, and etc. But that doesn't stop most people.

Phoenix_Black
Jun 12, 2008, 02:47 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3286/110802uv1.jpg

Seority
Jun 12, 2008, 02:48 PM
I just had to laugh.

Splash
Jun 12, 2008, 02:52 PM
Lolz what? Funny stuff...

Broodstar1337
Jun 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
7 pages and this hasn't turned into a Lou picture thread. Damn it you guys...

SonicTMP
Jun 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
Because this thread is filled with
http://home.san.rr.com/ksonick/pics/domo.gif

Realmz
Jun 12, 2008, 03:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/realmzjetter/PSU/debug.jpg

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
oh you guys want some lou pics.....i got your lou pics *if you know what i mean* *no really but theres no way in heck id post them here*

Chuck_Norris
Jun 12, 2008, 03:48 PM
oh you guys want some lou pics.....i got your lou pics *if you know what i mean* *no really but theres no way in heck id post them here*

But you DO own them?
http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/4658/2870796560101083687S425x425Q85.jpg

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 03:49 PM
But you DO own them?
http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/4658/2870796560101083687S425x425Q85.jpg

if by own you mean downloaded from a certain site that has phantasy star in that category.

-Ryuki-
Jun 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
Well you know, after thinking about it, all of you guys are wrong.

Bunami's the hottest.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
Well you know, after thinking about it, all of you guys are wrong.

Bunami's the hottest.

Apearently Beasts don't count. :disapprove:

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
but to sum it up lets just say ethan found lou a little attractive lol.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 12, 2008, 04:17 PM
Explain the wink and the movement as if she is about to start shaking her fanny.

That shot from the Phantasy Star Portable opening shows her silhouette firing it at the camera a few frames later. The Ambition of the Illuminus opening shows basically the exact same scene. That wink looks more like that eye is in the shadow of her tilting head.

Look at the silhouettes of the other characters, their eyes get similarly obscured. What "movement"? Her movement looks to be modeled after reaching her arms back, drawing an weapon overhead and slamming both arms forward. That "movement"?

SUV use is part of Lou's character, much like Tonnio's Nanoblast use. Part of Lumia's character is her similarities to her brother. Thus Wabers have alternative outfits forced on them by others when they join an organization.

The Amorosso set is described as "a replica of a wildly popular set that sold out instantly because of its overwhelming cuteness." It easily passes as an outfit young Maya or young Laia would have worn as a proper guardian cadet.

Maya Shidow's image is more symbolic of her role as the "Cool Big Sis" leaning toward becoming the "Team Mom". She is a provider, a nurturer and almost like a widow. She is still monogamous to the memory of the one she lost. She is practically married to the ongoing research.

What are you basing this "bad side of the moral spectrum" view on? An out of context freeze frame? A purely cosmetic clothing choice? Wild mass guessing?

Tessu
Jun 12, 2008, 04:18 PM
FKL'd...finally.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2008, 04:20 PM
Damn, I missed this. >_>;

TrekkiesUnite
Jun 12, 2008, 04:22 PM
You guys have no sense of humor.

TalHex
Jun 12, 2008, 04:24 PM
*facekeyboard* this is why i stay out of PSU general

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2008, 04:25 PM
You guys have no sense of humor.
Direct that at Zomel, because I would have been busting up. XD

Dhylec
Jun 12, 2008, 04:50 PM
Damn, I missed this. >_>;

it'z psu gen do.od!
try visitin fkl's sister forum next time ;o

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 04:51 PM
if i can find orginal pic ill censor everything out sep face in one scence its funny.ooooooh yea some other pics i found to be creppy.
1. Ethan-Karen
2.Karen-Maya
3.Maya-......everyone
4.Lumia-ethan,choa,karen
5.P.M......alot of different people
now i lol at that.

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2008, 05:48 PM
You're talking about hentai? Somehow, I can see #3 happening.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 12, 2008, 05:57 PM
Bruce x Magashi

VanHalen
Jun 12, 2008, 05:58 PM
I think Lou is pretty hot

>_>

<_<

TalHex
Jun 12, 2008, 06:00 PM
karen x divine maiden

wat?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2008, 06:04 PM
I think Lou is pretty hot

>_>

<_<

Robots like humans.

You try putting your dongle into metal. :wacko:

Chuck_Norris
Jun 12, 2008, 06:19 PM
Robots like humans.

You try putting your dongle into metal. :wacko:

USB Adapter? :wacko:

MiniBrian
Jun 12, 2008, 07:44 PM

....lol

Meta77
Jun 12, 2008, 08:03 PM
From what i saw lou had her stuff (no usb)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2008, 08:04 PM

only 2.0, never use wireless either.

I've heard good things about ethernet smex. ;o

Ryna
Jun 12, 2008, 08:06 PM
That's enough sexual innuendo for one thread.