PDA

View Full Version : AF 2 Handed Weaponry

Theoderic
Jun 12, 2008, 11:56 AM
Started a Human Female, going Acrotecher (woohoo 15 STA) and I never in my history have used Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Knuckles, or Twin Claws during my PSU career (only FG and AT on my Cast). So, any advice for a melee noob? Bring it all on like you guys did in the last thread I made, just less bashing and more info! Females get extra normal attacks with Twin Claws right? Holla!

_Vyser_
Jun 12, 2008, 12:00 PM
If you have some well-grinded Twin DB's, you should defiantly use them. Those out damage a lot of my s-ranks.

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2008, 12:03 PM
I'm partial 2 da Claws.......

Kylie
Jun 12, 2008, 12:05 PM
AF is synonymous with sabers for me; I'm not sure why.

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 12:09 PM
I like knuckles personally, plus with the speed boost you get, you're getting power and speed. So I see no way to loose in that situation.

But if you have some Twin DB's then go with the Twin Sabers. I've also heard that they outdamage some S ranked twins. But that requires a bit of grinding.

DarkDeception
Jun 12, 2008, 12:50 PM
I like the twin daggers the best as they feel like an eloquent weapon. However twin sabers are powerful. I'm all about what fits my characters not what is best so I chose some A rank daggers for my human AT mainly because they look nice while she uses them. Twin sabers look awkward when she uses them, she isn't buff enough

Mysterious-G
Jun 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
I just made one of my charas AF for the purpose to let her use my Twin DBs.
Awesomeness.

However, I have to say that I definitely like twin daggers, aswell. Their speed is amazing as an AF.

But ya, Twin Sabers are superior imo.

S.T.K
Jun 12, 2008, 01:20 PM
i like using Twin Claws..

you cant go wrong with a pair of Yamata-Misakis!
plus you got about 4-5 dif PA's to choose from.. so plenty of stuff to work on!

Mysterious-G
Jun 12, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yamata-Misakis are S rank twin claws tho, so unaccessable for AF/AT. :wacko:
And it's 4 PAs. ^^;

EDIT: Uuups. :wacko:

MS-Wift
Jun 12, 2008, 01:32 PM
I like Knuckles as an AF, but that's just because the speed boost makes me feel like the motherfucking fist of the north star. Isn't there a knuckle PA that has a series of super fast punches, too? Use that and you can be all ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA, etc.

I agree on the Twin DB's though. I've got a pair myself that I'm gonna grind.

Alia
Jun 12, 2008, 01:36 PM
I love Twin Sabers, Claws, and Knuckles.

Something you might want to consider is: With the Knuckles, if you get the PA Ikk Hikk, as an AF, it's really good. While the attack speed is normally slow with Ikk Hikk, AF accelerated attack speed makes Ikk Hikk something to consider, since each hit packs a whallop...even as an AF...

S.T.K
Jun 12, 2008, 01:39 PM
Yamata-Misakis are S rank twin claws tho, so unaccessable for AF/AT. :wacko:
And it's 4 PAs. ^^;

EDIT: Uuups. :wacko:

ooops.
my bad..:-?

Well a good grinded 9* could be just as good

Dragwind
Jun 12, 2008, 03:15 PM
Most of the PA's for every two handed weapon have a use, so I'd say use the PA's that fit the situations your single handed weapons can't handle.

Realmz
Jun 12, 2008, 03:25 PM
I found Fists to be beastly when Myst was a AF, the speed boost just made them better then the other options in my opinion. It's just too bad you can't get S ranks in them.

stukasa
Jun 12, 2008, 03:42 PM
Started a Human Female, going Acrotecher (woohoo 15 STA) and I never in my history have used Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Knuckles, or Twin Claws during my PSU career (only FG and AT on my Cast). So, any advice for a melee noob? Bring it all on like you guys did in the last thread I made, just less bashing and more info! Females get extra normal attacks with Twin Claws right? Holla!
Get all four and use all four. You're only limiting yourself if you don't. They all have great PAs, it just depends on which mission you're doing. I usually bring at least 3 of the 4 types to every mission.

Everyone has a different play style but I usually use them like this:
Twin Daggers - small enemies
Twin Sabers - medium enemies
Knuckles & Twin Claws - medium and large enemies

Which PAs are worth getting? Well, everyone has different opinions about that too, but here's what I recommend:
Twin Daggers - Moubu Seiran-zan, Renkai Buyou-zan
Twin Sabers - Rising Crush, Assault Crush, Cross Hurricane
Twin Claws - Renzan Seidan-ga
Knuckles - Bogga Robado, Bogga Zubba, Ikk Hikk

I hope that helps! ^^

DoubleJG
Jun 12, 2008, 03:59 PM
Daggers are always fun. ;)